Jump to content


Hellcat style of play at tier 8/9/10?


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

felixyz_yhc #1 Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:32 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 5253 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    05-10-2018

I love the Hellcat and I like the T25/2. I'm looking for a new tech tree to grind and I'm wondering which tanks at higher tiers have the same play style as these 2 tanks.

I like the T-30, but it's so different than those 2 and It's not as fun.

 

Things I really care about:

Speed, Gun depression, Camo, Accuracy (maybe?)

 

Things I'd like:

Troll Mantlet/Front Turret Armor so I can peek-a-boom:honoring:

 

Would the E50 be good?



WipWapJaws #2 Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:58 PM

    Clanless Scrub

  • Players
  • 44934 battles
  • 3,600
  • [WKD]
  • Member since:
    07-24-2014
American medium line maybe the closest thing 

_Duncan_Idaho_ #3 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:26 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37471 battles
  • 498
  • [DUNE_]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2015

Agreed, the american meds would be good, but also the Leo if you really want speed. It's armor is an HE magnet but the gun mantel and turret can bounce shots when hull down. It also has the Camo, 10 degrees, and accuracy. . . though I still prefer the Pattons to just about any other tank.

 

On the TD front, if you want troll frontal armor, with an accurate gun, plenty of speed and even ramming potential, the look no furtehr than the OBJ263. You'll have to get used to having no turret though.


 

 


felixyz_yhc #4 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:34 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 5253 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    05-10-2018

View Post_Duncan_Idaho_, on 15 February 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

Agreed, the american meds would be good, but also the Leo if you really want speed. It's armor is an HE magnet but the gun mantel and turret can bounce shots when hull down. It also has the Camo, 10 degrees, and accuracy. . . though I still prefer the Pattons to just about any other tank.

 

On the TD front, if you want troll frontal armor, with an accurate gun, plenty of speed and even ramming potential, the look no furtehr than the OBJ263. You'll have to get used to having no turret though.

You mean the Leopard PTA or Leopard I?

Isnt the PTA has only 6° of gun depression? (Correct me if I’m wrong I only saw the data on Blitzstars’ tank compare)

 

I have the M4 and I’m not really a fan of it, unlocked everything, but the gun is just... meh.... the accuracy is just troll.

And it’s really slow. If the Leopard has better gun and speed I think I should go with it.



Melissa_Durat #5 Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:35 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15244 battles
  • 467
  • [-HELL]
  • Member since:
    03-07-2017
What really bother me about American meds are the line of autoloaders that jump from Tier 9 médium to a tier 10 Heavy. Really WG?!

_Duncan_Idaho_ #6 Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:16 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37471 battles
  • 498
  • [DUNE_]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2015
when we say american meds, I think folks are generally referring to the patton line. The autoloader line has lights, meds, and a heavy, so I think the best way to refer to it would be "american autoloaders"

 

 


RommelTanker #7 Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:24 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2075 battles
  • 2,450
  • [_DX2_]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2017

View Postfelixyz_yhc, on 15 February 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

You mean the Leopard PTA or Leopard I?

Isnt the PTA has only 6° of gun depression? (Correct me if I’m wrong I only saw the data on Blitzstars’ tank compare)

 

I have the M4 and I’m not really a fan of it, unlocked everything, but the gun is just... meh.... the accuracy is just troll.

And it’s really slow. If the Leopard has better gun and speed I think I should go with it.

 

Leopard PT A does indeed have 6 degrees of gun depression, but aside from that flaw, it has all you want, minus the trollish armor. While at a glance it looks good at 75mm thick, it's very flat on the front, and the only other layer of armor on the turret is the gun mantlet. While the tank can and does sometimes get the occasional RNG bounce off an absurd angle of your upper hull or off your side turret when hull down, you will almost always be penned, very akin to the Hellcat. The Leopard is also very similar. The guns are very accurate, extremely punchy, and are packing some of the highest DPM at Tier 9 and Tier 10.

 

The American mediums are not built for gun accuracy... they're built for close range ridge fighting. On that point however, I did not find the pre-5.5 nerf M4 to be very slow (40km/h is very respectable) and it had excellent gun accuracy for a Tier 5 medium (I believe with max crew, double foods, and refined gun it was .32? but with VStab .34~).



__Boomer2__ #8 Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:55 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16468 battles
  • 2,452
  • [501DV]
  • Member since:
    01-03-2015

View PostRommelTanker, on 15 February 2019 - 08:24 PM, said:

 

Leopard PT A does indeed have 6 degrees of gun depression, but aside from that flaw, it has all you want, minus the trollish armor. While at a glance it looks good at 75mm thick, it's very flat on the front, and the only other layer of armor on the turret is the gun mantlet. While the tank can and does sometimes get the occasional RNG bounce off an absurd angle of your upper hull or off your side turret when hull down, you will almost always be penned, very akin to the Hellcat. The Leopard is also very similar. The guns are very accurate, extremely punchy, and are packing some of the highest DPM at Tier 9 and Tier 10.

 

The American mediums are not built for gun accuracy... they're built for close range ridge fighting. On that point however, I did not find the pre-5.5 nerf M4 to be very slow (40km/h is very respectable) and it had excellent gun accuracy for a Tier 5 medium (I believe with max crew, double foods, and refined gun it was .32? but with VStab .34~).

 

I'm pretty sure the M4 didn't get nerfed in 5.5.

 

The M48 does have some of the best on-the-move accuracy in the game though; I regularly nail shots at 100m+ while moving top speed.


Tier Xs: M48 Patton, E100, T110E4, T110E5, Maus, T57

Join my Discord: https://discord.gg/vkMn9Q7

View PostASensationalAsian, on 27 July 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

Anyone who drives a 183 please commit die.

vvk2 #9 Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:18 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 67642 battles
  • 2,053
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    11-29-2014
Scorp G is somewhat similar to Hellcat. It is not as mobile, but is has an excellent fully traversable gun. And it prints credits. The only thing is that it is available only sometimes. I know you asked for a tech tree tanks but I don’t think there is anything closer to Hellcat at tier 8-10 that Scorp. 

Edited by vvk2, 16 February 2019 - 05:20 PM.


Dark_Magician_Girl #10 Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:06 PM

    #1 Reroll NA

  • Players
  • 34427 battles
  • 4,880
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2016
The Leopard is going to be the closest representation to the Hellcat with the characteristics you described.

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

 

 

 

 


felixyz_yhc #11 Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:24 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 5253 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    05-10-2018

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 16 February 2019 - 06:06 PM, said:

The Leopard is going to be the closest representation to the Hellcat with the characteristics you described.

What about at tier 8 & 9? Since currently I mostly play at those tiers. I don’t think I’m ready or will be ready for tier X anytime soon.

 

(DMG I’m waiting for more map reviews from you! I feel clueless when I’m playing at higher tiers and your videos help a lot!)



__Boomer2__ #12 Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:36 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16468 battles
  • 2,452
  • [501DV]
  • Member since:
    01-03-2015

View Postfelixyz_yhc, on 16 February 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

What about at tier 8 & 9? Since currently I mostly play at those tiers. I don’t think I’m ready or will be ready for tier X anytime soon.

 

(DMG I’m waiting for more map reviews from you! I feel clueless when I’m playing at higher tiers and your videos help a lot!)

 

RU251 probably for 8.  M46 or the PTA for tier 9.

Tier Xs: M48 Patton, E100, T110E4, T110E5, Maus, T57

Join my Discord: https://discord.gg/vkMn9Q7

View PostASensationalAsian, on 27 July 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

Anyone who drives a 183 please commit die.

felixyz_yhc #13 Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:36 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 5253 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    05-10-2018

View Post__Boomer2__, on 16 February 2019 - 09:36 PM, said:

 

RU251 probably for 8.  M46 or the PTA for tier 9.

Thanks man! I’ll go for the Patton and Leopard line! 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users