Jump to content


A Disturbing Realization


  • Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Dark_Magician_Girl #1 Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:15 AM

    #1 Reroll NA

  • Players
  • 33340 battles
  • 4,869
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2016

It's a lot, so strap on your seatbelt.  To answer your question... no, I am NOT quitting.

 

I've been playing a bit recently, and I was talking with a friend.  My friend said "people play this game so artificially," but I didn't know what he meant.  He meant to say that people almost play like they are a weak AI in game, that sometimes you don't feel like you are going up against another player.  I agree with that, and while I don't believe actual WG bots exist in the game, it has been proven that people can develop some kind of macro to play without playing.  My discussion isn't about bots though, it's about teams.  I know this sounds almost insane coming from someone like me, but here we go.

 

How many of you are avid NFL fans?  Who watched the superbowl this year?  Who won the superbowl this year?  That's right, New England.  Most likely the greatest dynasty you have seen in the NFL.  The Pats are a very good team, with a diverse set of attacking options, and enough defense to weather the storm.  For being such a fantastic team, they lost some games this last season... to some very unremarkable teams.

 

Hailing from Detroit, I watched our terrible Lions play the Pats... and win.  Surprisingly, it was a miracle that they could finally do something right for being the worst team in the NFL superbowl era.  I guess if we already knew who was going to win, why would we play the game in the first place?

 

How does this all relate?  I look at Blitz in general and I look at that specific NFL game.  How can the worst team beat the superbowl champions?  In the more general case, how does the worse team beat the better team in Blitz?  The Lions won... but it wasn't because of anything special that they did.  There was no outplaying the Patriots on part of the Lions.  Being a Lions supporter by default, I know this.  They suck... bad.  So by process of elimination, it must mean that the Patriots, despite fielding a veteran 6 championship winning QB, really f%cked up.  Maybe Belichick threw in the 4th stringers?  In a similar manner, why am I ever losing to morons despite statistically the odds being in my favor, every time?

 

We've all seen the math for this before....  if you are a good player you take up 1/7 spots on a team which automatically makes your team better, because now that spot is not taken up by a clueless pubsh!t.  I'm sure you've seen this logic explained before as to why platooning HEAVILY makes you win more (confirmed by WG via twister 2018 stream).  Yet for some reason when I play, the amount of clueless sheep opening their mouth is unreal, wanting to go town or some other boneheaded idea about why not pushing someone on their reload will help their outcome.  Really, truly simple concepts that are not understood.

 

The point of all this is that I came to a realization.  It is not about who is smarter, it is about who is dumber.  Honestly, it's about who drools more?  I know by proxy those are essentially the same thing, but hear me out.  I don't mind being outplayed.  I don't mean to brag in this moment, but it rarely happens.  In the occasions where I get outplayed, I'm almost amused and impressed, because it still shows I need to improve... that there is something I lack... that there is something else I could be doing to achieve higher consistency.  This could be a variety of things, from not performing some down syndrome poke, to making a coherent big brained play that wins the game.  Even though the latter happens more than the former, even my gameplay is not completely mistake free 100% of the time.

 

I digress.  Anyways, the situation is more the opposite than what I described.  It's not that I am making mistakes.  It's not that I am unaware of the correct plays, or that I am not executing said plays.  It is that my teammates drool harder than the opposition.  It's not about being outplayed here.  It's about being out-dumbed (Is that a word?  I guess I just made a word).  Regardless of whether that exists in Merriam-Websters, it is disappointing to see losses when your team is beyond clueless.  Games should be won and lost by making the big brained flank, where you use a bush and spot to then track an enemy so that they get lit up by your TD's for a clean kill.  It shouldn't be two f%cktards chasing each other around the small hill in the Canal encounter cap circle, as you watch in cross-fingered horror as they bounce, miss, or just plain don't shoot when reloaded because they lack the most basic of electronic motor skills.  You wish it was you driving the tank because you would end it in seconds, but unfortunately two trash tunnelers decided to chase you around the map as your team watched this Tom and Jerry style cartoon for 4 minutes with drops of saliva hitting the floor as they stare at their screen.  This actually happened, and more seriously, they should all just uninstall.

 

I try to trend in the 75-80 range.  Most of the time, I do this comfortably given I am not dead tired and that I have eaten something lately.  Just recently, I trended 100% in tier X solo over 13 games popping 3500.  Sometimes I feel like I win because even though I may be a little tired and hungry, it's not that I am making a fantastic play, the other team just sucks that bad.  However, what spurred me to write this is that I was on the receiving end of this, where I had to platoon about 30% just to scrape a low 70's rate.

 

I try to keep my expectations low.  Just going in the correct direction, and not getting nuked in the first 45 seconds are pretty low standards imo.  Is it that over time, my expectations have grown too high for my teams? I personally feel I have come full circle in that I first started blaming others for my own mediocrity, and then I realized I was mediocre, but then I got better and here I am caustically berating noobs again (except it's more justified now).  Is it that I have started to hit my ceiling, and maybe I am expecting too much from myself?  Me, being biased towards me, says it is the problem of others.  Or is my assertion and complaint valid in any way?

 

Your thoughts?

 

Discuss.

 

~DMG


Edited by Dark_Magician_Girl, 16 February 2019 - 01:31 AM.

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

 

 

 

 


NoSuburbBoyss #2 Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:24 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 663 battles
  • 42
  • [NSBA3]
  • Member since:
    12-07-2017
Please join my clan, I just want to converse with you.

Dark_Magician_Girl #3 Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:28 AM

    #1 Reroll NA

  • Players
  • 33340 battles
  • 4,869
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2016

View PostNoSuburbBoyss, on 15 February 2019 - 08:24 PM, said:

Please join my clan, I just want to converse with you.

 

Sorry, I drive a subaru.

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

 

 

 

 


CheatingLegend #4 Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:31 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 24009 battles
  • 10
  • [SCAMO]
  • Member since:
    12-21-2014
O

Up vote me and give me more rep points

 


Draconyx__Gaming #5 Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:33 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 17928 battles
  • 2
  • [_V2_]
  • Member since:
    09-14-2017
I feel I hit my ceiling as well but right when I think that I take a break and play a different game for a month. Then I come back (I keep up with updated via discord and if something important comes I'll hop back on) and I find I do so much better than I was doing. Long story short take long breaks you don't always need to be on you don't always need to play 24/7, trust me your clan will be there when you get back.

Absolute_Sniper #6 Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:33 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 33434 battles
  • 2,284
  • [CRU2L]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2015
You just described burnout to a T.  You are one the best players on NA. You’ve climbed that ladder and hit the top. There is only one place to go from there. Your own skills may have capped out but if that was the case you would still be getting the same results. The fact that your performance has dropped can then be related to you getting bored or as you said, playing without playing. You aren’t challenged so you aren’t as focused. Tiny missed steps during the game that the vast majority of players don’t even consider mistakes will cause you to perform worse. It’s natural attrition. Pub games no longer provide a challenge. It’s the same reason the Lions can beat the Pats.

I’m guessing when you run a tournament, especially against a strong opponent, you carry a laser like focus into each game. I would also wager you naturally perform better in those instances.

The solution, find another aspect of the game to improve on. Someone with your ability could have a massive impact on the community by investing more time into things like your YouTube channel. Just my 2 cents.

NoSuburbBoyss #7 Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:35 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 663 battles
  • 42
  • [NSBA3]
  • Member since:
    12-07-2017

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 16 February 2019 - 01:28 AM, said:

 

Sorry, I drive a subaru.

 

Sniffle....(quiet sobbing)

RommelTanker #8 Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:38 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2024 battles
  • 2,442
  • [_DX2_]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2017

You're absolutely correct. Time and time again, I've noted that whichever team wins at T9 and T10, it's the worse team that loses. There are rare instances where I (or others) will pull clutch wins, be it through a string of extremely lucky RNG, or simply stellar play, but otherwise the winning team is the less crap team.

 

This is a trend I also notice in WOT PC... But nowhere near as bad. WOT PC players are fairly intelligent people. The average NA region WR hovers at around 50% with a comfortable 200 thousands players playing. The Global average WR is an astounding 50.30% with over a million players.

 

I feel the reason that WOT PC is so much better in terms of who plays, is because that PC players require just that; a PC. This means they are more mature, typically adults, and are smart enough to understand that there are certain ways things work. They strive to become better players out of pure self-improvement, not just because they want that glorious purple. Despite the woefully inadequate tutorial and the prevalence of OP seal clubber tanks, low tiers in WOT PC are still enjoyable to play, because players know what they're doing. Even at Tier 7, where tanks can and do constantly face the dreaded Tier 9s, players still strive to perform as best they can.

 

Blitz players don't have that drive to play better, to better themselves, because they are, to put it as bluntly and politely as possible, children.

 

I think part of our frustrations as adults and young adults playing Blitz is that we want children to play as well as us. Children are not or feel they are not capable of playing as good as we do. They do not invest as much time into learning how to play, they do not invest as much time into their skillset. Basically, we expect too much from an audience that has no hope of offering what we expect.

 

I'm ranting. Sorry.  But those are my 2 cents.



isaols #9 Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:21 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 14132 battles
  • 96
  • Member since:
    10-12-2014
Although I’m many times dumber than you and most here, even I seem like a genius compared to a lot of the players now.  I hit my skill ceiling long ago, too bad it is so low. I agree, the team with the dumber mouth breathers will lose, no matter who else is on it. A Unicum on a team with 6 really bad players can only do so much against a team of 7 average or even a little below average guys. 

TonnerreCadien #10 Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:31 AM

    Cabri dans le Maïs

  • Players
  • 44192 battles
  • 2,432
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    05-23-2015

View PostRommelTanker, on 15 February 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

I'm ranting. Sorry.  But those are my 2 cents.

That wasn't a rant. It was a well-reasoned argument.


yN3tBqs.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...


BIueMax #11 Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:01 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4870 battles
  • 650
  • Member since:
    12-15-2017

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 15 February 2019 - 05:15 PM, said:

 

Your thoughts?

 

Discuss.

 

~DMG

 

Seriously, 1119 words, just to say "teams suck", like every other dipstick on this forum that gets buthurt by their team?

 

You have a 70% winrate, which is phenominal, but you still cry like a b itch when you lose?

There's nothing informative or revelational in your rambling post. All you did was spend 1119 words telling everyone you're a doushbag who can play a mean video game.

 

I'd suggest getting your ADHD meds adjusted.

 

Discuss.


 


tankeatingtiger #12 Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:10 AM

    Luvs His Hellkitty

  • Players
  • 17663 battles
  • 1,819
  • [-VB-]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2016

View PostBIueMax, on 15 February 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

 

Seriously, 1119 words, just to say "teams suck", like every other dipstick on this forum that gets buthurt by their team?

 

You have a 70% winrate, which is phenominal, but you still cry like a b itch when you lose?

There's nothing informative or revelational in your rambling post. All you did was spend 1119 words telling everyone you're a doushbag who can play a mean video game.

 

I'd suggest getting your ADHD meds adjusted.

 

Discuss.

This pretty much sums up every single forum post you have ever had.

 

Discuss.


YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

"All you peasants be silent and allow the ruling class to dictate. Is better."

-Joseph Stalin Blartch


BIueMax #13 Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:25 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4870 battles
  • 650
  • Member since:
    12-15-2017

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 15 February 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

This pretty much sums up every single forum post you have ever had.

 

Discuss.

 

I've never pretended otherwise.

Then again, I've never praetoriously proclaimed to have some epiphany, only to have it turn out to be some clickbait to get people to read my b itching and complaints, which at their core, are really just white nerd problems.

 

Also, though I'm no fan of the Patriots, I bet when they do lose the occasional game, they don't cry about it like some girl having her first period.


 


MarBearCat #14 Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:28 AM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22325 battles
  • 11,404
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 15 February 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

It's a lot, so strap on your seatbelt.  To answer your question... no, I am NOT quitting.

 

I've been playing a bit recently, and I was talking with a friend.  My friend said "people play this game so artificially," but I didn't know what he meant.  He meant to say that people almost play like they are a weak AI in game, that sometimes you don't feel like you are going up against another player.  I agree with that, and while I don't believe actual WG bots exist in the game, it has been proven that people can develop some kind of macro to play without playing.  My discussion isn't about bots though, it's about teams.  I know this sounds almost insane coming from someone like me, but here we go.

 

How many of you are avid NFL fans?  Who watched the superbowl this year?  Who won the superbowl this year?  That's right, New England.  Most likely the greatest dynasty you have seen in the NFL.  The Pats are a very good team, with a diverse set of attacking options, and enough defense to weather the storm.  For being such a fantastic team, they lost some games this last season... to some very unremarkable teams.

 

Hailing from Detroit, I watched our terrible Lions play the Pats... and win.  Surprisingly, it was a miracle that they could finally do something right for being the worst team in the NFL superbowl era.  I guess if we already knew who was going to win, why would we play the game in the first place?

 

How does this all relate?  I look at Blitz in general and I look at that specific NFL game.  How can the worst team beat the superbowl champions?  In the more general case, how does the worse team beat the better team in Blitz?  The Lions won... but it wasn't because of anything special that they did.  There was no outplaying the Patriots on part of the Lions.  Being a Lions supporter by default, I know this.  They suck... bad.  So by process of elimination, it must mean that the Patriots, despite fielding a veteran 6 championship winning QB, really f%cked up.  Maybe Belichick threw in the 4th stringers?  In a similar manner, why am I ever losing to morons despite statistically the odds being in my favor, every time?

 

We've all seen the math for this before....  if you are a good player you take up 1/7 spots on a team which automatically makes your team better, because now that spot is not taken up by a clueless pubsh!t.  I'm sure you've seen this logic explained before as to why platooning HEAVILY makes you win more (confirmed by WG via twister 2018 stream).  Yet for some reason when I play, the amount of clueless sheep opening their mouth is unreal, wanting to go town or some other boneheaded idea about why not pushing someone on their reload will help their outcome.  Really, truly simple concepts that are not understood.

 

The point of all this is that I came to a realization.  It is not about who is smarter, it is about who is dumber.  Honestly, it's about who drools more?  I know by proxy those are essentially the same thing, but hear me out.  I don't mind being outplayed.  I don't mean to brag in this moment, but it rarely happens.  In the occasions where I get outplayed, I'm almost amused and impressed, because it still shows I need to improve... that there is something I lack... that there is something else I could be doing to achieve higher consistency.  This could be a variety of things, from not performing some down syndrome poke, to making a coherent big brained play that wins the game.  Even though the latter happens more than the former, even my gameplay is not completely mistake free 100% of the time.

 

I digress.  Anyways, the situation is more the opposite than what I described.  It's not that I am making mistakes.  It's not that I am unaware of the correct plays, or that I am not executing said plays.  It is that my teammates drool harder than the opposition.  It's not about being outplayed here.  It's about being out-dumbed (Is that a word?  I guess I just made a word).  Regardless of whether that exists in Merriam-Websters, it is disappointing to see losses when your team is beyond clueless.  Games should be won and lost by making the big brained flank, where you use a bush and spot to then track an enemy so that they get lit up by your TD's for a clean kill.  It shouldn't be two f%cktards chasing each other around the small hill in the Canal encounter cap circle, as you watch in cross-fingered horror as they bounce, miss, or just plain don't shoot when reloaded because they lack the most basic of electronic motor skills.  You wish it was you driving the tank because you would end it in seconds, but unfortunately two trash tunnelers decided to chase you around the map as your team watched this Tom and Jerry style cartoon for 4 minutes with drops of saliva hitting the floor as they stare at their screen.  This actually happened, and more seriously, they should all just uninstall.

 

I try to trend in the 75-80 range.  Most of the time, I do this comfortably given I am not dead tired and that I have eaten something lately.  Just recently, I trended 100% in tier X solo over 13 games popping 3500.  Sometimes I feel like I win because even though I may be a little tired and hungry, it's not that I am making a fantastic play, the other team just sucks that bad.  However, what spurred me to write this is that I was on the receiving end of this, where I had to platoon about 30% just to scrape a low 70's rate.

 

I try to keep my expectations low.  Just going in the correct direction, and not getting nuked in the first 45 seconds are pretty low standards imo.  Is it that over time, my expectations have grown too high for my teams? I personally feel I have come full circle in that I first started blaming others for my own mediocrity, and then I realized I was mediocre, but then I got better and here I am caustically berating noobs again (except it's more justified now).  Is it that I have started to hit my ceiling, and maybe I am expecting too much from myself?  Me, being biased towards me, says it is the problem of others.  Or is my assertion and complaint valid in any way?

 

Your thoughts?

 

Discuss.

 

~DMG

 

What I see is as soon as that first id iot hits the "NEG" when you call a direction and said id iot goes in the

opposite direction, many times this drool pile is followed by most of the others and if there is even another good 

player on the team, he says to himself "Oh well" might as well not argue, and it's over before it starts.

 

I had a game at Yamato where me and a member of HAHA clan, he in the KV-1s and me in T21 were the only ones who went

valley and we both died, facing most of the reds who went the correct way. The drool team went harbor and got blitzed, being

down 0-2, no way they could recover. 

 

In this battle, only the HAHA player replied to my <<<<< call, with an affirmative. The others moved out in the wrong direction as if

I never sent out a message. They just moved out, and died.

 

The ones with the least dummies wins. Yes.


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


MarBearCat #15 Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:31 AM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22325 battles
  • 11,404
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View PostDraconyx__Gaming, on 15 February 2019 - 08:33 PM, said:

I feel I hit my ceiling as well but right when I think that I take a break and play a different game for a month. Then I come back (I keep up with updated via discord and if something important comes I'll hop back on) and I find I do so much better than I was doing. Long story short take long breaks you don't always need to be on you don't always need to play 24/7, trust me your clan will be there when you get back.

 

I've taken many breaks and a couple of 60 daze or more breaks and they never do anything to help me.

 

Matter of fact, it hurts.

 

In my opinion the #1 thing a player can do to help his win rate the most is to platoon with

an equal or better player then he / she.


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


bg2b #16 Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:33 AM

    M4 Lifestyle

  • Players
  • 21070 battles
  • 2,350
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    12-10-2015

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 15 February 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

It is not about who is smarter, it is about who is dumber.

 

They're the same thing.  You just perceive it as who is dumber because you're near the top and see the vast majority of players making countless mistakes.  Aside from some deliberate trolls, no one intentionally plays stupidly; they just haven't learned better (whether through lack of experience or lack of caring).  Everyone tends to notice others making the mistakes that they've learned to avoid.  And if they're motivated enough then they'll gradually get better and will eventually join the why-are-most-players-so-dumb crowd.

MarBearCat #17 Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:36 AM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22325 battles
  • 11,404
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View Postbg2b, on 15 February 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

 

They're the same thing.  You just perceive it as who is dumber because you're near the top and see the vast majority of players making countless mistakes.  Aside from some deliberate trolls, no one intentionally plays stupidly; they just haven't learned better (whether through lack of experience or lack of caring).  Everyone tends to notice others making the mistakes that they've learned to avoid.  And if they're motivated enough then they'll gradually get better and will eventually join the why-are-most-players-so-dumb crowd.

 

I can out-dumb any and all of the best players in blitz! 

 

That is a fact!

 

Spoiler

 


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


Dark_Magician_Girl #18 Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:37 AM

    #1 Reroll NA

  • Players
  • 33340 battles
  • 4,869
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2016

View PostBIueMax, on 15 February 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

 

Seriously, 1119 words, just to say "teams suck", like every other dipstick on this forum that gets buthurt by their team?

 

You have a 70% winrate, which is phenominal, but you still cry like a b itch when you lose?

There's nothing informative or revelational in your rambling post. All you did was spend 1119 words telling everyone you're a doushbag who can play a mean video game.

 

I'd suggest getting your ADHD meds adjusted.

 

Discuss.

 

If it triggers you that much, I'll take that much more joy in writing more posts like this.

 

 

 

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

 

 

 

 


Player_39363936 #19 Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:37 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 66546 battles
  • 4,177
  • [EWENS]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

I actually believe that in a certain way the teams are getting better.

As the number of people playing the game dwindles ... and this is a fact ... I see more and more familiar names and clans in every game I play.

I would say on average, in every game I play I recognize at least 3 of the players names, or at least the clans name.

And these are people that have more than a competent level of skill.

I’m not saying the worse than bots players do not exist.  They are there.

But every game I’m in, green and red have a sprinkling of good players.

 


Edited by Player_39363936, 16 February 2019 - 03:38 AM.


FussyRude #20 Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:39 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4568 battles
  • 705
  • [AZUR]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2018
Bro, we had good days, bad games, and mothrsgajdyagdnauagehqhzh days, sometimes I want to know where live my teammates, and give them a visit.
#LoveLuchs




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users