Questions from a player new to Blitz

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

King_Nooba_Nuba #1 Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:19 PM

Private

• Players
  • 326 battles

I have nearly 40k games on WoT PC. Never had installed Blitz on my phone. Just recently got a way bigger phone and decided the screen is big enough to play on, when I cant play on the PC..

That being said, I know about game mechanics and figure they are similar here. It seems like this version has undergone a big change recently. Info for things does not match what Im seeing on my game, so here goes a few questions. Im still sitting at beginner tiers to get used to contolls on my phone.

Crews? Where are they? From what I can gather, browsing forums, there should be an icon in garage to access them It looks like they may not exist in lower tiers. I do realize in this version, they are non transferrable.

Xp building up on elite tanks? What do I do with it? No option to apply it to anything like crew training.

Premium tanks, what are they good for? Without being able to train crews, are they just for grinding credits?

Has the damage for tanks been seriously reduced? I hear "one more like that, should finish them off", a dozen times before the kill shot.

Does Blitz have bots? I see some pretty bizarre actions by tanks. Such as, after killing off most of the enemy team, tanks just stop and offer no support.

Or do most of these questions come from being in some "safe space" for new players?

All answers and comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by King_Nooba_Nuba, 16 February 2019 - 02:22 PM.

General_pain_in_the_asp #2 Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:31 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10288 battles
  • [MOMS]

Brief answer.....yes to all.  Lol

The low tiers, for new players has bots to, I guess, help new players find their way around.  It really hasn't. 

The comments you hear are just random crew shouts, and don't really follow what is actually going on in the battle.

The premium tanks are good for grinding credits....some better than others...but they also accrue xp, which, along with the elite tanks and all other tanks that are fully researched, can be converted, using gold, into free xp, which can then be used to expedite the grinding of tanks and modules....

Dark_Magician_Girl #3 Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:36 PM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 31527 battles
  • [_STR8]

Hi there!  Welcome to our lovely place!

I've never played PC, but as for your questions:

1) You can use XP built up on elite tanks to train crew skills, or you can use gold to convert into free XP should you decide to drop some $.  Crew training can only be accelerated by the use of credits, gold, or boosters.

2) The crew icon is found in the lower left hand corner just above the filter button.

3) Premium tanks are used for grinding credits, since we don't have specific members for crew training, but rather for the whole tank this part of premiums does not carry over from WoT PC.  However, when you buy a tank from the store, it does come with 100% crew, similar to WoT PC.

4)  Damage for some tanks has been reduced, but also the health pools have as well.  As a balancing mechanic that was controversial in PC, Blitz has lower damage on gold rounds  This mechanic was implemented almost 2 years ago.

5) Blitz doesn't have bots except at the very beginning lower tiers.  As you'll soon find out, your team is just that clueless.

~DMG

Edited by Dark_Magician_Girl, 16 February 2019 - 02:36 PM.

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

mikicab #4 Posted 16 February 2019 - 04:04 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26151 battles
  • [MOM7]

Crews? Where are they? From what I can gather, browsing forums, there should be an icon in garage to access them It looks like they may not exist in lower tiers. I do realize in this version, they are non transferrable.

Xp building up on elite tanks? What do I do with it? No option to apply it to anything like crew training.

Premium tanks, what are they good for? Without being able to train crews, are they just for grinding credits?

-Credit grinding.  You get a boost in Credits with Premiums.

Has the damage for tanks been seriously reduced? I hear "one more like that, should finish them off", a dozen times before the kill shot.

-Damage for the tanks is different from the PC version.  You need to check out the tank stats for specifics.

Does Blitz have bots? I see some pretty bizarre actions by tanks. Such as, after killing off most of the enemy team, tanks just stop and offer no support.

- Only new players and lower tiers.

Or do most of these questions come from being in some "safe space" for new players?

- Yes

All answers and comments are appreciated. Thanks.

I played PC version and was bored.  Blitz is much fast paced and games can be won or lost by one player.  

Advice-

Games are 7 minutes.  Try not to die the first 60 seconds like half of your team will.

Keep an eye on the mini map, look at your mini map, watch the mini map.  You get the point.  Look at your mini map.

Depending on your game play all the lines are ok but some are new player friendlier than others.

German- All around good heavies, meds, lights, TD's.  Good guns and good armor.  Can't go wrong.  Few lemons but not many.

Americans, Weak lower hull armor and low pen guns.  Good once you learn to play.  TD's have turrets so unique TD playstyle.  Tier 5 T1 heavy is a good tank but hide your lower hull at all time. Same thing will all USA heavies. Hide you lower hull or your dead.  

Russians- Good armor and troll guns and meh mobility on some of the heavies.  Overall good line.  Will bounce a lot of shots.

British.  The med line is my favorite.  Cromwell is to die for.  Cannot go wrong with any of the tanks up to Tier 7 when they become fat and slower but still good but different game play from t7 to t10.

.  Heavies are slow, low pen guns but wow some have high ROF.  TD's are you love them or hate them.  I love them.  Low damage, slow. Lots of weak points that can be penned. but high ROF.

French- All around good line.  Lights are autoloaders at higher tiers and so are the heavies which is just weird but it works and autoloader is  very good for clean up play style.  Can't go wrong with this line.  All winners

Chinese-  Rehash of Russian tanks.  Not played myself.

Japanese.- not played.  To many options so just not grinding them.

Couple of people to watch on Youtube.

-Little Finger on WOT blitz-.  Lots of strategy and reviews for lower tiers but since the last update has made some of his older videos less relative but he is good on basic strategy.  Probably the best overall Youtuber on just the nuts and bolts of the game.

-Bushka on Blitz-.  The big dog in Blitz videos.  Entertaining and good videos.  

- Martin Doggar- Solid videos on Blitz

- Sk8xtrm- Good videos.

tcamp48 #5 Posted 16 February 2019 - 04:21 PM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 56044 battles
  • [III-S]

Give it some time, get past tier IV and all will be revealed. :) The lower tiers were given a complete and thorough scrub down.... you'll find out though, that Blitz is a unique and amazing game. Welcome to the forums... o7

Immel_man #6 Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 48043 battles
  • [YODA_]
Welcome king;
I don’t play the pc version so I can’t speak to how crew skills are different, here’s how it works in blitz; tanks are bought have an option to start at the floor with 50% of your crew trained. Traverse, gun handling etc is worsened or delayed with only a 50% crew trained. You can pay silver at the get go to train crews to 75% or gold them to a 100%. If starting at anything less than 100% crew skills, boosters can be used to accelerate crew skill training.
All of the above is for an individual tank, there’s also bonus(?) crew skill that accumulate once you’ve trained a tanks crew to 100%. For instance; once you’ve trained your TigerI crew up to 100% each drive thereafter accumulates crew xp in the heavy category. Those bonus skills will help a tank in all those specialty skills. Hope that helps.

Bushka has a video on the extra crew skills here: https://youtu.be/VeYH1L2B36I

(Bushka is like our quickybaby)

King_Nooba_Nuba #7 Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:01 PM

Private

• Players
  • 326 battles
Thanks for the replies. It appears a different game will appear after tier 4, with all the options. Now I just got to get used to manuevering tiny tanks on my phone.

HugGigolo #8 Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:06 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19150 battles
  • [AGILE]

Hey, welcome to Blitz! I only dabbled a little bit in WoT PC but I'll answer what I can.

First, crew skills don't appear until tier 5 I think. It's a new change so I can't personally confirm that. Tiers 1-4 get 100% crews by default. They're non-transferable as you noted, and they're trained as a unit rather than individually. Major bonus, you get Sixth Sense by default in Blitz. Typically the only way I knew I was spotted on PC was by getting deleted. The maps are very small by comparison so things like radio distance don't apply and view ranges are much much shorter.

It can be applied to training crew skills but the button doesn't appear until tier 5. Or 6? 

Main advantage is credits, and just for the fun of playing of course.

Yeah that message has no connection to reality, it's practically a Blitz trope by now. Alpha is a bit different from WoT PC. Certainly large calibre guns do a bit less damage, I think that's the opposite for smaller calibres although many lower tier guns around 75mm got nerfed from 160 to 120 average alpha.

There's bots at low tiers for new players. I've never seen them so I don't know how they behave. But this is a mobile game which attracts casual players, some of them are probably worse than bots. As an experienced WoT PC player you'll probably be unicum after a short adjustment, best get used to seeing dumbassery.

A few links and leads for you.

Official WG Blitz discord:

https://discord.gg/Uauz5u2

WoTB subreddit: https://www.reddit.c...TanksBlitz/new/

The forums can get a bit toxic, the subreddit is usually a bit more friendly and there are some useful links in the sidebar.

https://www.blitzstars.com/ - The main stats site for players, clans and tanks.

https://tank-compare.blitzstars.com/ - Does what it says on the tin. Also excellent for comparing modules when choosing an upgrade path.

https://blitzhangar.com/ - Tank stats in-depth plus armour models. Also produces excellent previews and change notes for updates.

YouTube channels:

Bushka on Blitz - Probably the most famous person in Blitz.

sk8xtrm

meadys69

Martin Dogger

Anon_____ WOTBlitz - No longer creates but lots of classic content still worth watching.

Pantoufleee On Blitz - Newish but I like his stuff.

Edited by HugGigolo, 17 February 2019 - 07:08 AM.

slenderfungus #9 Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4427 battles
Once you purchase a tier 6 tank you can start to train your crew and the accumulated experience can then be applied to your crew skills. Unlike the PC, you do not train individual crew members, so there's no need to dump crew members into premium tanks. The skills apply to all vehicles, not just the one the crew is trained to use. Like the PC, premium tanks are good for credit grinding and gaining crew experience, without the hassle of switching the crew in and out.

olddatsunfan #10 Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34362 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View PostKing_Nooba_Nuba, on 16 February 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

Thanks for the replies. It appears a different game will appear after tier 4, with all the options. Now I just got to get used to manuevering tiny tanks on my phone.

Actually, the crew icon appears when you unlock your first tier 6.  Until then, crew skills all go towards the first skill on the type of vehicle played, ie light, medium, heavy or TD.  Once you unlock your first tier 6 and purchase it you can re allocate the training.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users