Jump to content


T25/2. LORD HELP ME WITH THIS TANK!!!


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Bmj246 #1 Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:09 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9895 battles
  • 112
  • Member since:
    05-27-2017

How do u play it. If u could give me some tips that would be awesome. I stink in this tank. 

 

 


Tanks in my garage: t110e5, t28 prototype,PZ V/IV, t34-85 Rudy, Su 122 44, y5 t-34, y5 firefly, its not as sad!


DeSantis_4_President #2 Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:19 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 58911 battles
  • 121
  • [J-FOX]
  • Member since:
    08-06-2015

Take a look at your record at this link. https://www.blitzsta...ayer/com/Bmj246

 

It's pretty clear that you pretty much don't understand the basic tactics of this game.  It's hard to learn and took me over 5,000 games to even begin to understand the challenges of camo, view range, ammo types, using terrain, conserving HP, and how to play different tank types and so on.

 

Just to be clear: it's not that you suck in the T25/2.  That's not the problem. The problem is you don't understand basic fundamental tactics of the game.

 

If you want to win more do what I did.  Spend more than a few hours reading posts here about game play and watching videos on youtube by good players like Dark Magician Girl, e_18090, Anon, and so on.  It took me another 5,000 games to even begin to be able to apply the things I learned here in the forum and on you tube.


Edited by Silent_Poppy, 24 February 2019 - 03:21 PM.

Important note:  Due to some issues with my kids who also play, as of August 2018 I play with in-game chat turned off.  Therefore, if I appear to ignore you in a game please don't be offended.


Bmj246 #3 Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:10 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9895 battles
  • 112
  • Member since:
    05-27-2017

I will chose to take that negative comment as constructive criticism and thank u 


Tanks in my garage: t110e5, t28 prototype,PZ V/IV, t34-85 Rudy, Su 122 44, y5 t-34, y5 firefly, its not as sad!


_Duncan_Idaho_ #4 Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:37 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 50748 battles
  • 512
  • [DUNE_]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2015

While it does seem negative, Silent_Poppy, he is offering good advice. I too bettered my game play by watching YouTube reviews of each tank before driving them, and the WOT basics videos about how to use armor and understand penetration and camo. That said, you are doing the right thing by looking in the forums. There is a great article in here from a while back about how to understand HE and HESH pen which will be useful when you get to tanks where the choice of shell is not always clear like the high tier Brits.

 

To be more specific about the T25/2, my major failing in this tank, which I tried early on, was to think that I was in a medium cause it kind of handles like one. But it is not, it is a TD and therefore must rely on camo and should always be used in a hull down position and should never be on the front line. This is a second line or sniping tank. . . . And playing second line can be frustrating given half the folks in front line tanks don’t know what they are doing, but be patient. Even if the front line folks are driving in circles in spawn, don’t be tempted to go out spotting. Just keep greens between you and where you think the reds are, use ridges to enhance your hull down position and rely on the excellent gun handling to peek-fire-retreat in rapid succession. You have good DPM and pen in this tank so you can be a significant contributer as long as you don’t push out ahead of the team.


 

 


flexsphincter4 #5 Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:46 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 964 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    01-17-2019

Thing for me about the tank is that I have to be conscious to the fact im in a light armoured TD and not a medium, so with its maneuverability and gun I go  support mediums on flank , from distance and cover, shoot cover shoot cover, if you go trading shots with a med you will die prematurely .Not getting spotted is key to its strengths and the gun is good , Ive gone many games and never spotted while dishing damage/ kill shots.

       For me I didn't like it as I did the tier 6 turreted TD which could take a couple hits and function, the 25 does not like to be shot.  The 25 without the turret I have better games in, I think reason is going back to my first statement  that the T25/2 acts like it wants to be a medium and I fall for that trap ,get spotted , get shot get die.



VelociTanker #6 Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:22 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16236 battles
  • 568
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    05-21-2017

Even if you were great at the game that tank still sucks.
Research and learn more. Bmj is right.

Send that tank to the crusher.



Bias Much? KV-1 blocks 5,525 damage / 6 kills  / 
T34-1 2809 dmg Kolobanov replay on Mines

5.5 aka "The Great Nerfening" © VelociTanker LLC

 

 


Bmj246 #7 Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:22 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9895 battles
  • 112
  • Member since:
    05-27-2017

View Post_Duncan_Idaho_, on 24 February 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

While it does seem negative, Silent_Poppy, he is offering good advice. I too bettered my game play by watching YouTube reviews of each tank before driving them, and the WOT basics videos about how to use armor and understand penetration and camo. That said, you are doing the right thing by looking in the forums. There is a great article in here from a while back about how to understand HE and HESH pen which will be useful when you get to tanks where the choice of shell is not always clear like the high tier Brits.

 

To be more specific about the T25/2, my major failing in this tank, which I tried early on, was to think that I was in a medium cause it kind of handles like one. But it is not, it is a TD and therefore must rely on camo and should always be used in a hull down position and should never be on the front line. This is a second line or sniping tank. . . . And playing second line can be frustrating given half the folks in front line tanks don’t know what they are doing, but be patient. Even if the front line folks are driving in circles in spawn, don’t be tempted to go out spotting. Just keep greens between you and where you think the reds are, use ridges to enhance your hull down position and rely on the excellent gun handling to peek-fire-retreat in rapid succession. You have good DPM and pen in this tank so you can be a significant contributer as long as you don’t push out ahead of the team.

 

I played the Jackson as a med and it worked great

Tanks in my garage: t110e5, t28 prototype,PZ V/IV, t34-85 Rudy, Su 122 44, y5 t-34, y5 firefly, its not as sad!


Bmj246 #8 Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:23 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9895 battles
  • 112
  • Member since:
    05-27-2017
Btw thx for the tips

Tanks in my garage: t110e5, t28 prototype,PZ V/IV, t34-85 Rudy, Su 122 44, y5 t-34, y5 firefly, its not as sad!


Bmj246 #9 Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:24 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9895 battles
  • 112
  • Member since:
    05-27-2017

View PostVelociTanker, on 24 February 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

Even if you were great at the game that tank still sucks.
Research and learn more. Bmj is right.

Send that tank to the crusher.

 

I think that the t28 Porto is kind of cool but I really want the t30 as the t29 is one of my favorites and w/ a 155 what’s not to love

Tanks in my garage: t110e5, t28 prototype,PZ V/IV, t34-85 Rudy, Su 122 44, y5 t-34, y5 firefly, its not as sad!


_Duncan_Idaho_ #10 Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:37 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 50748 battles
  • 512
  • [DUNE_]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2015

View PostBmj246, on 25 February 2019 - 05:22 AM, said:

 

I played the Jackson as a med and it worked great

 

The Jackson, tier for tier, is a much stronger tank. The T25/2 is less forgiving. . . . the T25AT is actually very effective at present though. . . Jackson has semi-reliable armor, crazy good DPM and ROF and pen that'll get through anything it sees in its tier range. Jackson is a tank you can carry with. The T25/2 is team dependent - you can still carry, but you need your team to at least play the role of meet shield. The Jackson will see tier 7 which has some crazy OP tanks in it like the Drac and Helsing, but tier 8 has a lot of derpy TDs and strong heavies, so the T25/2 has a harder job and must rely on terrain, mobility, camo and green spotters to be successful.


 

 


Rou_Garou #11 Posted 28 July 2019 - 12:24 PM

    Carriers needed - apply inside

  • Players
  • 38254 battles
  • 1,434
  • [OP-4]
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

I stunk up this tank really big when I first got it. Even asked a youtuber for a video and never saw one.

 

I picked it up recently to help the 37% wr in it and was surprised and kinda pleased that it WAS me and not the tank.

I went 7&0 this morning in it. Asking myself if there were any updates or changes to it.

 

Abuse the 10deg gun depression and rate of fire. These are it's strengths.

Play all tanks like they have no armor and your survival will improve.

 

You should be knowledgeable in using cover and camo tactics and strategies well before the you reach upper tiers.  They are extremely necessary to survive.  If not, you are wasting your time and everyone else's.

 

 


 

 

                                                                        


Si1verBlood #12 Posted 28 July 2019 - 02:19 PM

    The Armored Garbage Truck

  • Players
  • 17066 battles
  • 1,046
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015
T25/2 has good dpm depression and camo...but to use that you need to know how to play the game decently....you play a lot of high tier tanks while your skill level is at tier V max...

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Si1verBlood

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 February 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Accept that bad players are a feature of the game.   

 





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users