The AMX 13 57 report.

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Omoeba #21 Posted 17 March 2019 - 08:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6598 battles

View Postminitel_NA, on 17 March 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

I dunno but last mad games it was just a punching ball for CDCs, and with 4 cdcs per game it wasn’t all this much fun :/

except if the goal was to learn how to escape CDC, in which case it was a useful practice. So I played a few games where the entire game was being chased by CDC seeing how long I could survive, and I guess this skill served me later.

now, they did nerf the mad game cdc so maybe it’s different this time around, I haven’t played mad games (yet)

now every tier 6-8 tank is just a punching bag for e25s
Loyal M60 Owner

michaeltsoon #22 Posted 18 March 2019 - 03:38 AM

No.1 Gold-Slinging Unicum

• Players
  • 38508 battles
  • [HATED]
For 8500 gold? Nah I'll pass. It's not like I have other, better tier 7 premiums I can play... /s

Edited by michaeltsoon, 18 March 2019 - 03:38 AM.

Administrative Officer of [HATED] - Hated for a reason.

Founder of [PZ3] - Always Loyal, Always Fighting, Always Courageous. PZ3 will carry!

My stats

minitel_NA #23 Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Postmichaeltsoon, on 18 March 2019 - 03:38 AM, said:

For 8500 gold? Nah I'll pass. It's not like I have other, better tier 7 premiums I can play... /s

Now you have to buy it. 

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

michaeltsoon #24 Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:52 AM

No.1 Gold-Slinging Unicum

• Players
  • 38508 battles
  • [HATED]

View Postminitel_NA, on 18 March 2019 - 04:29 AM, said:

Oof. Maybe I'll wait until the next time it goes on sale, perhaps its price will have been lowered by then. 

Administrative Officer of [HATED] - Hated for a reason.

Founder of [PZ3] - Always Loyal, Always Fighting, Always Courageous. PZ3 will carry!

My stats

milesonaught #25 Posted 18 March 2019 - 12:03 PM

Uncle Salty

• Players
  • 20633 battles
If it was 6000 I would think about it.

I don't go town and I won't go down so WarGaming is just ******* with me when they built a town on a hill.

BLACK is the new PURPLE

minitel_NA #26 Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Postmichaeltsoon, on 18 March 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

Oof. Maybe I'll wait until the next time it goes on sale, perhaps its price will have been lowered by then. 

probably. Because seeing how easy it is to ace, they probably haven’t sold many. 

So either they will need to buff it some more —ridiculous—or they will have to be aggressive on the price.

i bought it full price, I have played 95% that tank and 5% other tanks in past 4 months.

cant say it wasn’t worth it. It was.

currently it’s sold for about th same price as last time. It’s lnly a bargain if u buy Lorraine at the same time. 

u can also get it through amazon shop. Usually min 20% off. 

Destroy0 #27 Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:52 AM

Currently Unavailable

• Players
  • 23292 battles
  • [FRS17]
I love the uniqueness of the tank, but the combination of low pen and heavy tank camo make it extremely situational. When it gets uptiered it just becomes cannon fodder for Russian Heavies with their magic armor.

If anything the tank just needs preferential matchmaking.

minitel_NA #28 Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostDestroy0, on 19 March 2019 - 01:52 AM, said:

I love the uniqueness of the tank, but the combination of low pen and heavy tank camo make it extremely situational. When it gets uptiered it just becomes cannon fodder for Russian Heavies with their magic armor.

If anything the tank just needs preferential matchmaking.

I don’t have much problem with the Russian heavies. I either :

• Spot them right at spawn, see where they go, and call my entire team to clean up the other side first 
  • pop up in front of them, and they follow me into my camping TD’s range of fire.
  • Or I let them face my own russian clones, and when they are busy I shoot them in the back.

also, u have 6 shots and 20% chance that the engine takes fire upon each shot, so aim at the engine.

and 540 damage per clip where the IS- clones are around 1500 hp... one clip gives them serious issue.

I am far more worried about the Dracula and CDC. They are faster, have better dpm, and they can ram you. If they basically see you you are dead. Avoid them at all cost.

Edited by minitel_NA, 19 March 2019 - 11:01 AM.

cheasesteak #29 Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:26 PM

Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

• Players
  • 23166 battles
  • [COD-R]

It looks like fun, but is it really that much different in play style than the tech tree AMX?  A little more burst damage, but I'll take that trade off for functioning camo. 

minitel_NA #30 Posted 19 March 2019 - 05:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Postcheasesteak, on 19 March 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

It looks like fun, but is it really that much different in play style than the tech tree AMX?  A little more burst damage, but I'll take that trade off for functioning camo. 

I am not sure I can answer clearly.

briefly, I’m a lot more agressive in the 57 than in the 75, which has better camo and smaller clip, or the 90, which has similar clip total alpha but lot more difficult environment. But I haven’t played those in a while so maybe I would be more aggressive nowadays ? 

I used to play the tech tree amx13-90 already more like a batchat, a lot more cautious and distant, as an opportunist. 

Meanwhile  amx13-57 is more like old ELC and AMX 12, a lot more brash and yolo. AMX12 because basically you can’t start if you ever break ur speed, which forces a drive by shooting approach. AMX13 57 because without camo, you might as well not stop and shoot from close. ELC because it was hilarious.

In fact, like what Spartacus Diablo described : aerian raid. Rush in when they aren’t looking, unload everything u got and fly away before they got time to turn to you. And that’s a style that was more akin to the amx12 IMO. Also like the ELC : try to have them chase you and spread the enemy thin, isolate them  and give your 6 noobs the chance to overcome inferior enemy.

in comparison with all these tanks, I have never liked the -75 much because it was in between, and the clip wasn’t worth it IMO. But some people liked it more than the -90, I’m just not one of them.

in a word, I had a lot of fun with the tech tree and just a lot more with the 57. but with 3K games, maybe I’m biased...

minitel_NA #31 Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Postcheasesteak, on 19 March 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

played both tonight just to know what I’m talking about.

Both can be just as effective winrate wise.  amx13-57 is just more fun than the 57

the tanks are overall the same armor, engine, top speed, virtually I dunno why they move 1 digit between them. 

But

the 57 turret is vastly superior, it has useable gun depression and elevation for exemple. Only downside the traverse isn’t spectacular. In fact, for drive by shooting u often need to traverse the tank to make sure the entire clip goes in. 

the gun is vastly superior. Better accuracy, faster focus, and the 6 clip for 540 hp ... every 10.7s

now of course camo sucks, but camo is for the weak minded. Let’s be real men. No need for camo. 

Edited by minitel_NA, 20 March 2019 - 12:12 AM.

minitel_NA #32 Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

I just realized this month I’m worldwide top ranking in position 4/5 ex æquo.

in spot rate.

Yoohooo !

It’s over there on blitzstars. Feels good to be amongst the best at something...

in survival rate, winrate or anything else  I’m  not that good yet...

Edited by minitel_NA, 20 March 2019 - 07:52 PM.

minitel_NA #33 Posted 26 March 2019 - 11:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

Patch notes Quote

AMX 13 57

• Gun aiming time was reduced from 4.1 to 4 s.
  • Magazine reload time was reduced from 10.77 to 9.79 s.
  • Dispersion on turret traverse was decreased.

They aren’t talking about camo but they never do... so hope isn’t lost, but I wouldn’t really bet much on it.

dispersion on traverse is really neat, but they don’t give figures, so, hmm yeah. Free stuff.

aiming time loses 0,1s out of 4seconds... 2.5% improvements... hmm really again some free stuff ?

But here is the real treat : 

one full second lost on reload. 10% increase in DPM... now that’s what I’m talking about !

i feel ready for another 3000 games. 

Edited by minitel_NA, 26 March 2019 - 11:40 PM.

DestructSean #34 Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:51 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 96 battles

Glad to see their tinkering with this tank. Can anyone confirm that the camo rating is NOT the same as the AMX 13 75? Camo data is difficult to obtain, so please provide evidence that’s not subjective. Side by side comparisons in a training room with an AMX 13 75 is adequate.

_GraceToo #35 Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:11 PM

She Said I'm Tragically Hip

• Players
  • 54019 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View PostDestructSean, on 26 March 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

Glad to see their tinkering with this tank. Can anyone confirm that the camo rating is NOT the same as the AMX 13 75? Camo data is difficult to obtain, so please provide evidence that’s not subjective. Side by side comparisons in a training room with an AMX 13 75 is adequate.

Yes, it is spotted much more easily - tried this last week and having played a few games last night it seems the same.  I don't believe it has light camo either, since it gets spotted moving behind bushes too.  I'd guess it has the rating of a large medium.

It's too bad - it really makes it a one-dimensional tank that is very map and team dependent.

HappySoul #36 Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 24919 battles
  • [BZO]
Tank is a solid garbage. Playing 3000 battles in it is BDSM. But if you like it you should consider other [edited]like Churchill Gun Carrier (sorry it is not available anymore) or Emil with a stock gun (with top gun it actually OP). I do not say running on AMX is not fun but outcome of the game is unpredictable as you barely can influence it.

minitel_NA #37 Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Post_dookie, on 27 March 2019 - 02:11 PM, said:

Yes, it is spotted much more easily - tried this last week and having played a few games last night it seems the same.  I don't believe it has light camo either, since it gets spotted moving behind bushes too.  I'd guess it has the rating of a large medium.

It's too bad - it really makes it a one-dimensional tank that is very map and team dependent.

View PostHappySoul, on 27 March 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

Tank is a solid garbage. Playing 3000 battles in it is BDSM. But if you like it you should consider other [edited]like Churchill Gun Carrier (sorry it is not available anymore) or Emil with a stock gun (with top gun it actually OP). I do not say running on AMX is not fun but outcome of the game is unpredictable as you barely can influence it.

I don’t understand why you all say it’s team dependent.

i found out 95% of the time if I die it was my own mistake, and If i didn’t die, most of the times i win.

also i have  65+ winrate this month, before the buff, and playing it entirely solo.

i reckon though it’s quite a yolo special, with a high ceiling.

it makes me glad I practiced yolo and flyby shooting in the ELC when the biscuit was still a thing.

Also it makes -57 both high fun and high challenge. Both of which I am seeking.

DestructSean #38 Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:05 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 96 battles

View Postminitel_NA, on 27 March 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

i found out 95% of the time if I die it was my own mistake, and If i didn’t die, most of the times i win.

also i have  65+ winrate this month, before the buff, and playing it entirely solo.

it makes me glad I practiced yolo and flyby shooting in the ELC when the biscuit was still a thing.

Thanks for the feedback again. I’ll probably get one because it looks like it’ll be a lot of fun and a change of pace for tier 7.

_GraceToo #39 Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:23 PM

She Said I'm Tragically Hip

• Players
  • 54019 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postminitel_NA, on 27 March 2019 - 10:36 AM, said:

Teach us.

Himmelsdorf.  Mostly T8 heavies and a few TDs.  They all go to brawl at the heavy ally.  What's the plan?  You aren't yoloing down that successfully.  But if you circle around and your team has lost a tank or two by the time you flank, it's over.

Rockfield.  Again, mostly heavies and TDs and they all decided to go the "C" cap area (even though not supremacy).  Same problem.  You can't run that alley, so you have to take some short or long flank, and if your team is starting to lose tanks, it's too late.

I get it.  If you can get there and turn the other team in time it can work well.  But on some maps with some teams that's not possible.

I've switched to playing supremacy only in this tank, as it gives it another useful role (grabbing caps), tends to spread teams out more so you can turn up behind people, etc.

minitel_NA #40 Posted 28 March 2019 - 01:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Post_dookie, on 27 March 2019 - 07:23 PM, said:

Teach us.

Himmelsdorf.  Mostly T8 heavies and a few TDs.  They all go to brawl at the heavy ally.  What's the plan?  You aren't yoloing down that successfully.  But if you circle around and your team has lost a tank or two by the time you flank, it's over.

Rockfield.  Again, mostly heavies and TDs and they all decided to go the "C" cap area (even though not supremacy).  Same problem.  You can't run that alley, so you have to take some short or long flank, and if your team is starting to lose tanks, it's too late.

I get it.  If you can get there and turn the other team in time it can work well.  But on some maps with some teams that's not possible.

I've switched to playing supremacy only in this tank, as it gives it another useful role (grabbing caps), tends to spread teams out more so you can turn up behind people, etc.

never rarely check stats as it’s really boring. 

And im not the best player out there. 

But if you post a replay I will comment.

i also play supremacy a lot, indeed it tends to leave more red go solo, gives you one more lever to pull. Also more noobs to farm.

the worst in that tank of course would be a pack of heavies facing you. You don’t want that. 

Oh and most most games I just go straight to middle, or straight to the reds back as fast as I can. It takes a lot of understanding and practice to do that, but as you mentionned, u need to start early, make damage, and break the pack. Don’t let the reds get organized or get the thing they are used to. If you let the reds set the pace then they will stomp over your teammates and you will just pick some crumbs here and there and lose. Especially as a light you need to trade armor for space and time. So starting early and spreading allows you to have more (space and time) to do damage. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users