• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

minitel_NA #41 Posted 28 March 2019 - 01:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostDestructSean, on 27 March 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

Thanks for the feedback again. I’ll probably get one because it looks like it’ll be a lot of fun and a change of pace for tier 7.

if you can afford both the money and the playstyle, it’s got definitely a lot of excitement packed in it.

i have never said it’s easy though :) 

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

minitel_NA #42 Posted 29 March 2019 - 10:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

And if u wanna watch a review, watch that one :

martindogger does an excellent job at showing the yolowagon nature of the littl thing...

Edited by minitel_NA, 29 March 2019 - 10:27 PM.

Holy_Outlaw #43 Posted 01 April 2019 - 03:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33162 battles
  • [501DV]
This last buff helped it quiet a bit. Its a good deal stronger now. 

Edited by Holy_Outlaw, 01 April 2019 - 03:14 PM.

EricOtown #44 Posted 03 September 2019 - 06:12 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11992 battles

What do you mean by "it’s a premium tank that earns no credits". According to BlitzStars it has a 150% credit coefficient which is about double most tech tree ranks which have about 80% credit coefficients. 

Has the camo issue been fixed? I saw multiple YouTube video by Bushka and others from 2018 complaining about the fact that the 13 57 does not have lights tank camo while moving. I'm a bit confused by this because according to the 13 57's specs in the Blitz app, it has 47% concealment while stationary, 43% while moving, and 13% when firing while stationary. These are with camo net mounted. 

I checked the same camo specs for all of the other light tanks and are in the similar range. For example the T49, also with a camo net, has concealment of 50% while stationary, 45% while moving,

and 8% when firing while stationary. The AMX 13 75, also a tier 7 French light, with camo net, has 59% concealment while stationary, 54% while moving, and 14% when firing while stationary. Most other lights are similar to the 13 75 with concealment while stationary in the low 50's. So granted the 13 57 has about 10% less concealment while moving than the average light tank, but according to the stats it does have camo while moving. 

So when Bushka and others say that "the 13 57 doesn't have light tank camo while moving" what do exactly do they mean? Are they referring to something different than the stat for concealment % while moving and if so, can someone explain the difference? Or has WG already fixed this issue with the 13 57 so that it now has 43% concealment while moving? 

As far as the merits of the 13 57, I think it has some things going for it and I really enjoy playing it.

First of all, the 6 shell clip with a total of 540 alpha in just 5 seconds is just great. It has a 9.38 second reload with equipment and provisions, which is almost the exact amount of time that it takes to reset your camo. So you can unleash 540 damage in just 5 seconds, then for your 9 second clip reload get behind hard cover or reposition, then come out and do it again... and again...and again.

540 alpha every 14.38 seconds is better than most, if not all tier 7 heavies.

For example the IS with the top line gun has 400 alpha with a 13.76 second reload. The KV3 with the top gun has 400 alpha with 14.38 second reload. The T29 has 310 alpha with a 9.81 second reload.

Typically when tanks have high alpha guns, they have lower than average DPM. I realize a 6 shot autoloader with 99 alpha per shot isn't the same as a heavy with a single shot 400 alpha gun, but it's similar when you can unleash 540 alpha in just 5 seconds with only 1 second between shots. Even if you miss or bounce 1 of your 6 shots, you still get 450 alpha every 14 seconds which is on par with or better than most tier 7 heavies. And the point I'm trying to make is that you aren't sacrificing DPM to get that 550 alpha. The 13 57 has 2,254 DPM with provisions. And that's if you use calibrated shells to increase pen instead of using improved ventilation. If you used vents your DPM is 2,285, although I wouldn't recommend it. This tank definitely needs the bump in pen that it gets with calibrated shells.

The 13 57 has the 2nd or 3rd best DPM of any tier 7 light tank. The Bulldog, with 2,650 DPM, has the highest DPM of tier 7 lights if you use the single shot gun, however if you the 3 shot autoloader, its DPM drops to 2,206 just behind the 13 57. The only other tier 7 light with better DPM is the Type 62 with 2,325 DPM. 

Most tier 7 heavies with 400 alpha guns have DPM around 1,900. Obviously they have much better pen than the 13 57, but the 13 57 a lot of other advantages. The 6 shot autoloader gives you great flexibility. You can unleash all 6 shots in 5 seconds at a single tank and cause a whopping 540 damage or you can take 2 shots at 3 different targets causing 180 damage to each tank

which is on par with 200 damage that the LTTB gets with a single shot. 

You also have great speed and mobility with a 61mph top speed, 40 mph average speed, and 24 hp/t power to weight ratio Terrain crossing capacity is outstanding with 156% for road, 136% for soft ground, and 78% for water.  It also has great hull and turret traverse speed so 61 and 54 degrees per second. These specs are with all available provisions and equipment. 

Gun handling is also very good with 0.312 dispersion and 3.2 second aim time with vertical stabilizer, gun laying drive, and provisions. 

The only major weakness of this tank are it's paper thin armor and weak penetration which is pretty much on par with all other tier 7 light tanks. You don't play light tanks for their armor and penetration. 

MudkipAtWar #45 Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:28 PM

die

• Players
  • 22481 battles

View PostHappySoul, on 27 March 2019 - 11:22 AM, said:

Tank is a solid garbage. Playing 3000 battles in it is BDSM. But if you like it you should consider other [edited]like Churchill Gun Carrier (sorry it is not available anymore) or Emil with a stock gun (with top gun it actually OP). I do not say running on AMX is not fun but outcome of the game is unpredictable as you barely can influence it.

Dont you diss my boy the Churchill Game Carrier, with 5.5 nuking pen on most tanks its actually really good now

Hello

https://www.blitzsta.../1016605416.png

Clan list in order of join date: TBNT, 22ND, 22ND2, FSA, FSX, ZNTH, FLEET, FL-TH

Dolly_Sod #46 Posted 22 September 2019 - 05:05 AM

Highland Bog

• Players
  • 20540 battles
  • [MSTRY]
Boy this tank makes the reds angry.  Roll in, drop 6 rounds into someones butt, and roll out again.  Talk about harassment. It's a blast to drive even with the weaker camo rating.  

minitel_NA #47 Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostEricOtown, on 03 September 2019 - 06:12 PM, said:

[…]

Nice points. Plus I had forgotten I had started this topic. 

About the camo values, it was broken when it came out, it came out at the same time as Lorraine I think ? And they gave it the same values as that other tank. There was an outcry because people measured that the actual camo driving and stopping had a  different  values whereas as a light tank they should be identical. Plus those values were atrocious, you got outspotted by everyone every time. 

so, the tank got himself an horrible reputation and nobody bought it (except me XD).

Then WG came and claimed they had fixed it. They had in fact given the running value the same as the immobile value, which was indeed complying with the mechanics of light tank camo. But they didn’t change the original value, which was extremely poor camo value. Poor as in equivalent to upper tier mediums or heavies. On the other hand they improved the clip reloading time. People still weren’t happy because it retained those bad values that will make you outspotted all the time. So the bad reputation remains.

And that’s the tank that we have now.

However, it actually reinforced the playstyle that it had. That of the original non nerfed ELC and AMX12, which is a ambush and drive by shooter. Exactly what you mentionned : empty the clip and run behind the corner. As soon as the clip is ready you have a new camo and you can go anywhere with the speed to attack them again from the direction you chose. 

I find that a huge amount of fun, especially in this super heavy meta of camping and derp.

btw, you mention camo values and you make two things that are discutable.

1/ you discuss values with camo net on. we always discuss base camo because that’s the easiest way to compare values that can be compared. Especially light tanks where the driving and still values should be the same. Also, I don’t use a camo net. I’m rarely on sitting and the pen isn’t good enough to snipe — both because of the distance and because I need to chose the angle to be able to pen. Sniping is more of an opportunity, whereas I never have enough viewrange. The other reason is as far as camo are concerned, most tanks benefit most from bushes than from anything else. so I try to use bushes instead. 

2/ WG announced values (in the game) are weird numbers that we didn’t manage to use with their official camo algorithms. So they are what they are. Normally you are supposed to remove that value as a percent of the enemy’s viewrange and that gives you the distance at which you will be spotted (outside of external influence like bushes and so on)

minitel_NA #48 Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostDoilky, on 22 September 2019 - 05:05 AM, said:

Boy this tank makes the reds angry.  Roll in, drop 6 rounds into someones butt, and roll out again.  Talk about harassment. It's a blast to drive even with the weaker camo rating.  

I know, the panic in them after the 3rd or 4th shots... and the 5th, and the 6th, it was a delight.

its really too bad immediately after they introduced the garbage digger because that kind of killed that surprise and panic effect.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users