Wizard Man low tier changes low tier tanks oh god why questions help

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

FlammeumDraco333 #1 Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:31 PM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]

So I go on hiatus from the game for a while and I come back and see the tech trees utterly butchered, with many of my favorite low tiers nerfed into the dust as "collectors" tanks. I was also quite sickened by the sight of the IS-3 Defender on sale in the shop bundled with the T28 Defender, as I was under the assumption that they would not sell the former again after the event all those years ago, but I guess not.

What all has went down recently? I have been mostly inactive since the update 3.8 debacle, so I have little to no idea what's happened since then. If someone could either give me the quick rundown or point me to where I could find summaries of the updates since then, that would be wonderful. I also see the forums seem a lot less active, any particular reason for that?

What can we do to get our old low-tier tanks back? Can I file a ticket to get an old tank that I used to play back, similar to how you can file a ticket to get a premium that you sold back? Or are they gone forever? Has WG considered reverting their changes?

View PostSystemrename, on 03 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

Sauce

If þou hæst ane anime līcnesse, þīne opinīoun mēneþ no-þing.

acrisis #2 Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

Bad news ...
Tank exceptions are down to 1 premium tank per year.
Collector tanks happened in Update 5.5. 

https://wotblitz.com...tes/update-5-5/

Nerfs&buffs:

https://blitzhangar....low-tier-header

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Ronin_23 #3 Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:36 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15515 battles
  • [_V2_]

They're gonna sell things that will sell. That's just a business. They also said they'd never offer the #1 camo for the E25 again but they did. T28 Defender is a new autoloader like the IS3D.

You should be able to submit a ticket for your one exception, I think. Just one a year though. Other than that, in 5.5 the lower tiers were butchered to prevent seal clubbing. Big guns removed, etc. All pop guns and trash now.

Game is older and players leave after every update they hate, so the general sentiment here is that the playerbase is increasingly filled with 30 and 40% baddies that buy prems to keep the lights on at HQ. Teams suck is a common idea, and has a lot of truth. We all have to carry that much harder.

FlammeumDraco333 #4 Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:39 PM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]

View Postacrisis, on 07 March 2019 - 03:35 PM, said:

Bad news ...
Tank exceptions are down to 1 premium tank per year.
Collector tanks happened in Update 5.5. 

https://wotblitz.com...tes/update-5-5/

Nerfs&buffs:

https://blitzhangar....low-tier-header

One tank per year? What ever happened to three tickets per year with as many on each ticket as you'd like?

How much backlash was there to the 5.5 update?

View PostRonin_23, on 07 March 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

They're gonna sell things that will sell. That's just a business. They also said they'd never offer the #1 camo for the E25 again but they did. T28 Defender is a new autoloader like the IS3D.

You should be able to submit a ticket for your one exception, I think. Just one a year though. Other than that, in 5.5 the lower tiers were butchered to prevent seal clubbing. Big guns removed, etc. All pop guns and trash now.

Game is older and players leave after every update they hate, so the general sentiment here is that the playerbase is increasingly filled with 30 and 40% baddies that buy prems to keep the lights on at HQ. Teams suck is a common idea, and has a lot of truth. We all have to carry that much harder.

Sounds like much the same problems as back in 3.8, just much worse. At least I didn't have to spend any money for the IS-3D. I assume Tier VIII is even worse than before with new premiums?

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

Sauce

cheasesteak #5 Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19758 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostRonin_23, on 07 March 2019 - 08:36 PM, said:

They're gonna sell things that will sell. That's just a business.

Except that the rate of offering previously rare tanks is ridiculous.  It used to be they would sell bundles every now and again,  Now, they pump them out before the old ones are even gone.  I've never been part of the doom and gloom crowd, but it looks to me like WG sees that the end is near, and they are milking the game for all it is worth before it dies. 

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

FlammeumDraco333 #6 Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:44 PM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]

View Postcheasesteak, on 07 March 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

Except that the rate of offering previously rare tanks is ridiculous.  It used to be they would sell bundles every now and again,  Now, they pump them out before the old ones are even gone.  I've never been part of the doom and gloom crowd, but it looks to me like WG sees that the end is near, and they are milking the game for all it is worth before it dies. 

WoWB seems promising at least. Other than derping around in training rooms, I play WoWB far more.

Sauce

cheasesteak #7 Posted 07 March 2019 - 08:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19758 battles
  • [COD-R]
I played Boat Blitz for a while.  Got up to a couple of tier 7s, so I think I gave it a fair go.  To me it got old quicker than Tanks.  I will probably go back to it at some point. 

acrisis #8 Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

View PostFlammeumDraco333, on 07 March 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

One tank per year? What ever happened to three tickets per year with as many on each ticket as you'd like?

How much backlash was there to the 5.5 update?

Sounds like much the same problems as back in 3.8, just much worse. At least I didn't have to spend any money for the IS-3D. I assume Tier VIII is even worse than before with new premiums?

We lost the 4 tickets per year with unlimited tanks per ticket, when EU was seeking parity using our more lenient policy as an example ... and after a good push on that side of the pond, NA got shorted to the EU (and likely RU & AS) ... iirc end of 2017. 

> WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

FlammeumDraco333 #9 Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:05 PM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]

View Postcheasesteak, on 07 March 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

I played Boat Blitz for a while.  Got up to a couple of tier 7s, so I think I gave it a fair go.  To me it got old quicker than Tanks.  I will probably go back to it at some point. 

Ships is a lot slower than Tanks for sure, but I'm willing to trade some of the fast-paced action of Tanks for an actually reasonable and fun game experience. I think Ships will definitely grow on me in time, especially as Tanks seems to be floundering.

View Postacrisis, on 07 March 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

We lost the 4 tickets per year with unlimited tanks per ticket, when EU was seeking parity using our more lenient policy as an example ... and after a good push on that side of the pond, NA got shorted to the EU (and likely RU & AS) ... iirc end of 2017. 

So instead of giving the EU server and others a better policy regarding tickets, they just jipped ours? Thanks Wargaming.

Sauce

cheasesteak #10 Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19758 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostFlammeumDraco333, on 07 March 2019 - 09:05 PM, said:

Ships is a lot slower than Tanks for sure, but I'm willing to trade some of the fast-paced action of Tanks for an actually reasonable and fun game experience. I think Ships will definitely grow on me in time, especially as Tanks seems to be floundering.

Just for giggles, I logged in.  I see a new French cruiser line.  Might get me interested again for a few days.

_Cletus #11 Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:14 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23893 battles
  • [HAHA]
We have user mods now.  That's the big news for today.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

ZebraUp #12 Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:26 PM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 23459 battles
  • [_UF_]
On the good news side is the fact that you can sell your 'collectable' (blue tanks) for gold. If you have all of them they're worth approximately 28,000 gold.

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

FlammeumDraco333 #13 Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:39 PM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]

View Postcheasesteak, on 07 March 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

Just for giggles, I logged in.  I see a new French cruiser line.  Might get me interested again for a few days.

The French cruisers seem the opposite of the French tanks from what I hear. Low tiers are fast but poorly armored, high tiers are slower but have good protection, compared to the slow but well armored low tier Frenchies and paper-armored lights and heavies of the top of the French tech tree.

View Post_Cletus, on 07 March 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

Huh. Are they getting paid?

View PostZebraUp, on 07 March 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

On the good news side is the fact that you can sell your 'collectable' (blue tanks) for gold. If you have all of them they're worth approximately 28,000 gold.

I've only got a dozen or so in my garage, so I doubt I'll get much out of them. And several of them are rare/reward tanks that I don't think I'll sell (BT-7 Arty. Anime Hetzer, etc.).

Sauce

_Cletus #14 Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:42 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23893 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostFlammeumDraco333, on 07 March 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

Huh. Are they getting paid?

That's a good question!  Maybe their russian overlords give them an RNG bonus.

Edited by _Cletus, 07 March 2019 - 09:42 PM.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

FlammeumDraco333 #15 Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:45 PM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]

View Post_Cletus, on 07 March 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

That's a good question!  Maybe their russian overlords give them an RNG bonus.

So basically Russian 122mm and 152mm accuracy except for all guns? Sign me up!

Sauce

acrisis #16 Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

View Post_Cletus, on 07 March 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

Rumor, yes.
Confirmed ? 

Ribble said they were hiring last spring or so, once in a blue moon one can spot a new admin name, ... beyond that ??? 

BE  (+)   

djhiz #17 Posted 07 March 2019 - 09:55 PM

Never Say Die

• Players
  • 19552 battles
  • [F2K]

Flamm, actually you can sell some of those low tier gift tanks for quite a bit of gold (a bit under a thousand each if I remember right).

I literally bought the T-34-2 and Rudy with the gold I got from selling mostly low tier premiums.

Edited by djhiz, 07 March 2019 - 09:56 PM.

"Common sense is not so common"

- Voltaire Jingles

acrisis #18 Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

The gold value per collector tank is listed in the blitz hangar page I linked earlier.

BE  (+)   

cheasesteak #19 Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19758 battles
  • [COD-R]

View Postdjhiz, on 07 March 2019 - 09:55 PM, said:

Flamm, actually you can sell some of those low tier gift tanks for quite a bit of gold (a bit under a thousand each if I remember right).

I literally bought the T-34-2 and Rudy with the gold I got from selling mostly low tier premiums.

​To me that was another sign the end is coming.  I can't believe that WG gave out that much gold.  I got a CDC and a Type 62 (along with a free Type 64 give away) with the gold I made. 

___ez_e___ #20 Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 62016 battles
  • [GORT]

View Postcheasesteak, on 07 March 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

I've never been part of the doom and gloom crowd, but it looks to me like WG sees that the end is near, and they are milking the game for all it is worth before it dies. 

I am part of the 3.hate doom crowd.   It was pretty clear back then it would be a huge mistake.  It’s just taking a little longer then I expected, but now I’m sad that it’s really starting to look that way.  

Could still be a great game if they cared enough. 

Hey at least we got an official discord now.   Lol. 

Edited by ___ez_e___, 07 March 2019 - 10:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users