Wizard Man low tier changes low tier tanks oh god why questions help

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

_Cletus #21 Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:30 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23893 battles
  • [HAHA]

Aw come on guys it's not that bad.  The playerbase sucks but I still have fun.  It's a challenge to get a win right now, and I like challenges.

I got a Helsing and a Goose with my collector tank gold, I'm totally happy about that.  But in the process they made tiers 1-4 suck so much new guys must hate it, and you gotta have some new players stick with it long enough to get good.  They're going to have to revamp that mess to insure Blitz's future.  But I think the end is a long time away, and if it's sooner something else will come along that's just as fun.  

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

cheasesteak #22 Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19758 battles
  • [COD-R]
I’m not saying the game isn’t still fun.  I’m over my 3.hate, and I still enjoy playing, although I don’t take it seriously any more.  All I am saying is that I see the writing on the wall.  It has been a good run, but I expect the decline to continue.  

Edited by cheasesteak, 07 March 2019 - 10:49 PM.

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

FlammeumDraco333 #23 Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:53 PM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]

View Postdjhiz, on 07 March 2019 - 04:55 PM, said:

Flamm, actually you can sell some of those low tier gift tanks for quite a bit of gold (a bit under a thousand each if I remember right).

I literally bought the T-34-2 and Rudy with the gold I got from selling mostly low tier premiums.

I took a look at the hanger and it looks like tanks are only giving 25-100 gold for being sold (unless they were premiums, and then the price is several hundred). Did you mean 1,000 total gold for the tanks you sold? Because it looks like I'd only make 500ish gold from selling the collectible tanks which I could care less about. Anyone else have any input on this?

View PostSystemrename, on 03 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

Sauce

If þou hæst ane anime līcnesse, þīne opinīoun mēneþ no-þing.

acrisis #24 Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]
Some are missingnthe value, but there are several 500 and a few 1000 and 1500 gold ones. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

j0nn0 #25 Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:02 AM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 19151 battles
  • [XREGS]

View PostFlammeumDraco333, on 07 March 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

I took a look at the hanger and it looks like tanks are only giving 25-100 gold for being sold (unless they were premiums, and then the price is several hundred). Did you mean 1,000 total gold for the tanks you sold? Because it looks like I'd only make 500ish gold from selling the collectible tanks which I could care less about. Anyone else have any input on this?

Tech trees generally go for 25-100-ish gold. The few tier 5-6-7 collector tanks go for up to 100-1k(?) for the kv-13. The only real cash in option is to sell the former premium tanks that got changed to collector status.

I may have a few too many tanks. I think I was over 150 in garage by last count.

crpl_hicks #26 Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5454 battles
  • [KOP]

View Post_Cletus, on 07 March 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

Aw come on guys it's not that bad.  The playerbase sucks but I still have fun.  It's a challenge to get a win right now, and I like challenges.

Well a Cletus I know finds catching pigs in a mud pit a challenge?  So yer saying you like facing an uphill battle?

I wanna introduce you to a personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher.

boppinbobby #27 Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 51775 battles
  • [HJG2]

View PostFlammeumDraco333, on 07 March 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

Ships is a lot slower than Tanks for sure, but I'm willing to trade some of the fast-paced action of Tanks for an actually reasonable and fun game experience. I think Ships will definitely grow on me in time, especially as Tanks seems to be floundering.

So instead of giving the EU server and others a better policy regarding tickets, they just jipped ours? Thanks Wargaming.

i go on boats from time to time but it's still like day 1, all the ships drive towards the others and the ones who focus fires the best wins. 

i don't see the skill level. 

Having said that 5.5 made grinding to top tiers even faster so you get tier 10 tank games like that too. it used to be bad but it's worse now. 

Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.

FlammeumDraco333 #28 Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:39 AM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]

View Postboppinbobby, on 07 March 2019 - 07:34 PM, said:

i go on boats from time to time but it's still like day 1, all the ships drive towards the others and the ones who focus fires the best wins. 

i don't see the skill level. 

Having said that 5.5 made grinding to top tiers even faster so you get tier 10 tank games like that too. it used to be bad but it's worse now. 

That's where you can take advantage of having just a little bit more skill than everyone else and angling/using the right shell types/etc. to get the slight jump on the other team and pull off an easy win. Even better is if you platoon with someone. All and all, it's not much different than Tanks in terms of the skill of players, but Ships players at least have the excuse of the game being somewhat new and there not being a huge amount of guides and online content for Ships.

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

Sauce

cheasesteak #29 Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:51 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19758 battles
  • [COD-R]
So I’ve tried the French cruisers and am at tier 3.  I’ve discovered that  COD fleet is dead.  I’ve sent requests to CSPUD and III, but the chat feature sucks, and I can’t tell them who I am.  You got a fleet suggestion?

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

little_brother_of_war #30 Posted 08 March 2019 - 03:05 AM

ᎠᏁᏦᏗ ~ A-ne’-tso-di

• Players
  • 14075 battles
  • [FROST]

View PostFlammeumDraco333, on 07 March 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

If you start the process to sell the individual collector tanks (without actually completing the sell process), it displays the amount you’ll receive for whichever tank you have selected. That’s how I was able to determine what I would be compensated for when I was making that decision and if it would actually be worth doing.

Also, just before they made this change, they gave everyone a heads up what they were going to do. This gave everyone the opportunity to go back and repurchase some tanks (with credits or the singular exception option) that they wanted to hold on to, for actual collector purposes.

Hope this helps!

peace,

_lbow_

FlammeumDraco333 #31 Posted 08 March 2019 - 04:31 AM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]

View Postcheasesteak, on 07 March 2019 - 08:51 PM, said:

So I’ve tried the French cruisers and am at tier 3.  I’ve discovered that  COD fleet is dead.  I’ve sent requests to CSPUD and III, but the chat feature sucks, and I can’t tell them who I am.  You got a fleet suggestion?

I haven't yet joined a fleet (even though I'm up to Tier VI), so I have no idea what some good fleets are. I figure I might start one at some point, but I'm not sure.

Do you know if there is a WoWB Forum or similar community?

Sauce

Shellingstar #32 Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1085 battles

View PostFlammeumDraco333, on 07 March 2019 - 10:31 PM, said:

I haven't yet joined a fleet (even though I'm up to Tier VI), so I have no idea what some good fleets are. I figure I might start one at some point, but I'm not sure.

Do you know if there is a WoWB Forum or similar community?

There was a forum but it died and was shuttered in record time iirc.

___ez_e___ #33 Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 62016 battles
  • [GORT]

The reason the game is dying is there less and less reason to know even how to play the game so the game is a shallow shell of what it used to be. 

Contrary to what I see many people say, I’d rather have a game full of great players then a game full of noobs.   

I don’t get the guys that enjoy beating up on people you already know you should easily beat up.  I mean is that really the quality of competition you want to face.    I know I hate that because I don’t gain anything by playing weak competition.  I learn best facing the best players as possible.  

ZebraUp #34 Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:46 PM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 23459 battles
  • [_UF_]
The few free Christmas tanks, (along with a few others) sell for 850 gold each i believe. T7 car, Vickers, BT-7art. etc.

Edited by ZebraUp, 08 March 2019 - 04:23 PM.

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

_Cletus #35 Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:19 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23893 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 07 March 2019 - 06:04 PM, said:

Well a Cletus I know finds catching pigs in a mud pit a challenge?  So yer saying you like facing an uphill battle?

I'm for it!  I'll throw on a thong and get to wrasslin a greased up pig just like mah pappy taught me!

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

_Cletus #36 Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:29 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23893 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Post___ez_e___, on 08 March 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

The reason the game is dying is there less and less reason to know even how to play the game so the game is a shallow shell of what it used to be. 

Contrary to what I see many people say, I’d rather have a game full of great players then a game full of noobs.   

I don’t get the guys that enjoy beating up on people you already know you should easily beat up.  I mean is that really the quality of competition you want to face.    I know I hate that because I don’t gain anything by playing weak competition.  I learn best facing the best players as possible.  

That's not the challenge blitz gives us anymore.  It's not about beating better players.  It's about finding ways to get your team of nubs to beat the other team of nubs.  

Finding quality players in public matches has gotten weird.  I had a battle the other day that eventually came down to a 1 vs 1, the green guy was a one shot, the red was full health, and the green guy danced around him, used cover very effectively, just barely evaded the reds shots, and made it look like a ballet.  I thought "here's a superuni to teach us plebes how to do it" and I look at his stats after, 47%.  The day before yesterday I had another match with just the worst team, on canyon, I took my jackson to the sniper spot farthest in the back.  The rest of the team camped up behind me.  Heavies, meds, lights, all camped behind the my TD which itself is camped in a position meant to be 3rd line.  Of course we got demolished.  Post battle I look at my team and 5 of them were 50% +.  None of it means anything anymore, you gotta make your team work.  What I should have done there is back out of my spot and flank around the hill, try to get some greens to come with.

sFkBFSc.jpg

crpl_hicks #37 Posted 08 March 2019 - 04:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5454 battles
  • [KOP]

View Post_Cletus, on 08 March 2019 - 07:19 AM, said:

I'm for it!  I'll throw on a thong and get to wrasslin a greased up pig just like mah pappy taught me!

:D  :facepalm:   :D

I wanna introduce you to a personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher.

AdderaII #38 Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:52 PM

Can’t Pass Without it!

• Players
  • 16078 battles
  • [OGRE]

View PostFlammeumDraco333, on 07 March 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

One tank per year? What ever happened to three tickets per year with as many on each ticket as you'd like?

As I understand it;

It's one exception request per year, but you can request multiple tanks, within that exception.

So if you're going to use an exception, try to request as many tanks as you can, during that one exception request.

The player formerly known as, Adderall4life

FlammeumDraco333 #39 Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:05 PM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]

View PostAdderaII, on 08 March 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

As I understand it;

It's one exception request per year, but you can request multiple tanks, within that exception.

So if you're going to use an exception, try to request as many tanks as you can, during that one exception request.

So I could, in theory, request all of my collector tanks back, provided I had enough garage slots and credits? Hmmm...

Sauce

acrisis #40 Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20339 battles
  • [III-X]

View PostAdderaII, on 08 March 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

As I understand it;

Nope ... one premium tank per year. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users