Jump to content


BEST! Tier 8 TANK DESTROYER! MAR. 2019

BEST TD DMG 2019 VIII

  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Dark_Magician_Girl #1 Posted 09 March 2019 - 05:34 PM

    #1 Reroll NA

  • Players
  • 34399 battles
  • 4,880
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2016

Welcome back to another update in the BEST series!  Today I will be going over the the unfortunate meta of tier 8 TD's.

 

I will provide my own thoughts on the "best" tier 8  TD's and I apologize in advance if your favorite tier 8 TD is at the bottom of the list. This is purely my opinion, and you are free to put in your input.  Hope you enjoy! (See spoiler)

 

See how things have changed! Found below is the original list for this specific topic, written over a year ago!

 

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/86635-best-tier-8-tank-destroyer/page__fromsearch__1

 

*Note: Reviews are done in the style of WoTLabs.  

 

What do you think is the best tier 8 TD?  Let me know!

 

~DMG

 

Spoiler

 


I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

 

 

 

 


CheatingLegend #2 Posted 09 March 2019 - 05:38 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 24211 battles
  • 10
  • [-MM]
  • Member since:
    12-21-2014
Yeeet

Up vote me and give me more rep points

 


Rio_Grande #3 Posted 09 March 2019 - 05:48 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11549 battles
  • 723
  • [AFT]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2015

ISU-130 - The first thing I notice about the tank is that it has -2 degrees of arc to the left, but -12 to the right.  That's odd, and really awkward to play around.  Frankly, it's so goddamn annoying that God forbid that anything drive left because you will end up breaking camo to shoot.  What can I say, it looks like it hangs a little to the right?  Jokes aside, the 130 does 460 alpha, which is very good, but there are other TD's at the tier that do the same alpha strike but with other redeeming qualities.  Most notably, why pack a 130 when you pack a 152?  I find the 130 lacks a place given the presence of the tech tree ISU-152.  Again, this is a premium I would not invest any money in, until WG buffs the gun arc to be equal on both sides for added flexibility compared to the tech tree ISU-152.

 

 

This is most likely due to the breach hitting the inner wall of tank when traversed to the left. Although, if the ISU-152 has a comparable breach size and gets more traverse to the left, some WG shenanigans might be afoot.

 

 


Hans, get the Luger.

 

Link to my trash discord server: https://discord.gg/tauu3d6

 


FlammeumDraco333 #4 Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:34 PM

    18 Y.O. Boomer

  • Players
  • 15306 battles
  • 3,333
  • [META]
  • Member since:
    06-22-2015
Great post! Do you have one for Tier VIII heavy tanks? If not, I would really, really, really like to see one!

View PostSystemrename, on 03 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

 Sauce

If þou hæst ane anime līcnesse, þīne opinīoun mēneþ no-þing.

 


LaughingRam #5 Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:48 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12832 battles
  • 615
  • [DEPT]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
Awesome!

This is definitely a big help in choosing a good TD line.

Thanks.

o7
Ram

Dark_Magician_Girl #6 Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:53 PM

    #1 Reroll NA

  • Players
  • 34399 battles
  • 4,880
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2016

View PostFlammeumDraco333, on 09 March 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

Great post! Do you have one for Tier VIII heavy tanks? If not, I would really, really, really like to see one!

 

Yes, just search it.

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

 

 

 

 


Blartch #7 Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:59 PM

    Causer of Unrest

  • Players
  • 58361 battles
  • 7,982
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    05-01-2015

One of your first lists that I almost completely agree with.

 

The solitary exception....

 

The SU-101 doesn't suck.  Clarification: it sucks if you use the top 122mm gun.  It does NOT suck if you mount the tier 9 D-54 100mm, which brings it up to a respectable 3000ish DPM with perfectly useable pen and accuracy.  Granted, you get an absolutely laughable -2 degrees of depression, so you have to back up opposite hillsides or otherwise stay in the flat supporting mediums and lights, ripping apart things that get preoccupied with them.

 

Only really worth one notch up from potato to fun, and you effectively can't make it work in ratings battles (though why would you bother to drive anything other than the 120-1 FakeTank in them anyway?)



FlammeumDraco333 #8 Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:24 PM

    18 Y.O. Boomer

  • Players
  • 15306 battles
  • 3,333
  • [META]
  • Member since:
    06-22-2015

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 09 March 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

 

Yes, just search it.

 

Absolutely blessed.

View PostSystemrename, on 03 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

 Sauce

If þou hæst ane anime līcnesse, þīne opinīoun mēneþ no-þing.

 


ShootinSabot #9 Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:06 PM

    Excelling at Mediocrity

  • Players
  • 19626 battles
  • 894
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    12-02-2016
Good stuff DMG, thanks for your insights. Some good things to remember as I work my way through the tier 6 and 7 German Russian lines trying to figure how not to be a complete potato. 

                                                             

                                                                                Full time Spud, part time potato 

                                                                  Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 


Gojira5475 #10 Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:27 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 36764 battles
  • 1,890
  • Member since:
    06-23-2016
Yea the WZ-111 based tank destroyer is a scary little beast,the gun is nuts,oddly right now like the Borsig my win rate in it sucks as I seem to always get teams when I use it that go full damn retard,kinda feels like they know it's dangerous so they make sure you get suck teams when you use it :sceptic:

MarBearCat #11 Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:34 PM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22329 battles
  • 11,476
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 09 March 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

Welcome back to another update in the BEST series!  Today I will be going over the the unfortunate meta of tier 8 TD's.

 

I will provide my own thoughts on the "best" tier 8  TD's and I apologize in advance if your favorite tier 8 TD is at the bottom of the list. This is purely my opinion, and you are free to put in your input.  Hope you enjoy! (See spoiler)

 

See how things have changed! Found below is the original list for this specific topic, written over a year ago!

 

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/86635-best-tier-8-tank-destroyer/page__fromsearch__1

 

*Note: Reviews are done in the style of WoTLabs.  

 

What do you think is the best tier 8 TD?  Let me know!

 

~DMG

 

Spoiler

 

 

I've not seen this yet but I'm pretty sure the Su 101 isn't ranked #1 :D

 

 

 

But I bet this one is.....

 

 

 

On with the Learn!!!


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


MarBearCat #12 Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:47 PM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22329 battles
  • 11,476
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View PostBlartch, on 09 March 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

One of your first lists that I almost completely agree with.

 

The solitary exception....

 

The SU-101 doesn't suck.  Clarification: it sucks if you use the top 122mm gun.  It does NOT suck if you mount the tier 9 D-54 100mm, which brings it up to a respectable 3000ish DPM with perfectly useable pen and accuracy.  Granted, you get an absolutely laughable -2 degrees of depression, so you have to back up opposite hillsides or otherwise stay in the flat supporting mediums and lights, ripping apart things that get preoccupied with them.

 

Only really worth one notch up from potato to fun, and you effectively can't make it work in ratings battles (though why would you bother to drive anything other than the 120-1 FakeTank in them anyway?)

 

-2

 

yeesh!


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


MarBearCat #13 Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:49 PM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 22329 battles
  • 11,476
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View PostMarBearCat, on 09 March 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

 

I've not seen this yet but I'm pretty sure the Su 101 isn't ranked #1 :D

 

 

 

But I bet this one is.....

 

 

 

On with the Learn!!!

 

Welp, wrong again I guess.

 

There can't be many of that OP TD out there so I'm sticking with my JPII as #1 :great:


 

 

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!


Chariot_Solace #14 Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:15 PM

    Stug Life

  • Players
  • 39117 battles
  • 2,744
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2016

GG

 

But

 

I honestly barely enjoy driving the Rhm anymore. The nerf just ruined the gun. It’s ridiculously inaccurate for a sniping td. Like driving an IS-5 with zero armor. Gross.


Tier Xs; E100, E50M, JgPzE100, Maus, Grille, IS-7, AMX 50B, WZ-113, STB-1, VK 72.01(K). Lines I'm Grinding: 121(VIII), FV215B(VIII), FV4202(VII), IS-4(VIII), T-62A(VIII), Obj. 268(VII) Favorite Tank: E75. Top 100 Tanks: AMX M4 45, ARL 44, IS-2Sh, Chi-To, Chi-Nu, M41 90mm, Sturer Emil, Pz Sfl IV C, Type 58, Panzer IV Anko, Nashorn, BT-SV, Panzerjager I, IS-2, WZ-110, Type T-34, T-34-1, BDR G1B, Sherman V, Chieftain/T95, Pz IV Hydrostat, STRV 74A2, 112 Glacial, IS-2 Berlin, Kuro Mori Mine, M6A2E1, Panzer IV S, T-44-100, Black Prince, AC IV Sentinel, SU85i, T-34-2, Firefly, VK 100.01(P), Jagdtiger 10.5cm, Dicker Max, VK 45.03, T34 Indy, T-150, Type 64, AMX M4 49, Skorpion G, WZ-111 1-4, Ram II, Jackson, Super Pershing, T-44, T-43, Mäuschen, AMX 30 Proto, Lorraine 40t, WZ-113, WZ-135G FT Blaze, ISU-152, ISU-122S


CosmicWolf20 #15 Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:09 PM

    Lord Of Annihilation

  • Players
  • 14451 battles
  • 137
  • [PNCR]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2015
T28 prot is op
  Is that supposed to amuse me little boy?                                                                 pOsTiNg sTaTs iS oVerRatEd

minitel_NA #16 Posted 10 March 2019 - 12:04 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 4,850
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

I like my AT15.

Mind you, I haven’t driven it In Ages so the mata might have changed.

also, I like weird tanks, and that is certainly a weird one. You can’t play it like you would play anything else.

 

View PostRio_Grande, on 09 March 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

ISU-130 - The first thing I notice about the tank is that it has -2 degrees of arc to the left, but -12 to the right.  That's odd, and really awkward to play around.  Frankly, it's so goddamn annoying that God forbid that anything drive left because you will end up breaking camo to shoot.  What can I say, it looks like it hangs a little to the right?  Jokes aside, the 130 does 460 alpha, which is very good, but there are other TD's at the tier that do the same alpha strike but with other redeeming qualities.  Most notably, why pack a 130 when you pack a 152?  I find the 130 lacks a place given the presence of the tech tree ISU-152.  Again, this is a premium I would not invest any money in, until WG buffs the gun arc to be equal on both sides for added flexibility compared to the tech tree ISU-152.

 

 

This is most likely due to the breach hitting the inner wall of tank when traversed to the left. Although, if the ISU-152 has a comparable breach size and gets more traverse to the left, some WG shenanigans might be afoot.

 

 

 

The architecture of both  tanks are similar, but those aren’t the same guns at all.

the 130 was a naval gun, and as such I don’t think they had taken care of doing anything compact. 

The Russian tanks are famously cramped to the point of being barely workable. In fact a lot of Russian blueprint tanks we have in the game were rejected for that reason. so add a bigger gun to a small casemate, and I think we can expect some limitations. 

 

Also DMG mentionned the tank hanging to the right, well historically, the tanks were nose diving, especially in the muddy terrain of Russia. when they added the 100mm then 152mm (not mentioning the 130mm), the massive amount of weight that it all added right above th front wheels, the KV chassis had become completely out of balance. It nose dive on soft ground, it broke suspensions, But they still proceeded with the design. Because, more derp komrad.

 

Finally, yeah. WG devs shenanigans is real. 

On their defense, I would say that taking a tech tree tank (SU152) and making it flawed or weird (SU130) is the way good premium tanks should be made, at least IMO. 

 

 


Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


Rio_Grande #17 Posted 10 March 2019 - 12:40 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11549 battles
  • 723
  • [AFT]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2015

View Postminitel_NA, on 09 March 2019 - 06:04 PM, said:

I like my AT15.

Mind you, I haven’t driven it In Ages so the mata might have changed.

also, I like weird tanks, and that is certainly a weird one. You can’t play it like you would play anything else.

 

 

The architecture of both  tanks are similar, but those aren’t the same guns at all.

the 130 was a naval gun, and as such I don’t think they had taken care of doing anything compact. 

The Russian tanks are famously cramped to the point of being barely workable. In fact a lot of Russian blueprint tanks we have in the game were rejected for that reason. so add a bigger gun to a small casemate, and I think we can expect some limitations. 

 

Also DMG mentionned the tank hanging to the right, well historically, the tanks were nose diving, especially in the muddy terrain of Russia. when they added the 100mm then 152mm (not mentioning the 130mm), the massive amount of weight that it all added right above th front wheels, the KV chassis had become completely out of balance. It nose dive on soft ground, it broke suspensions, But they still proceeded with the design. Because, more derp komrad.

 

Finally, yeah. WG devs shenanigans is real. 

On their defense, I would say that taking a tech tree tank (SU152) and making it flawed or weird (SU130) is the way good premium tanks should be made, at least IMO. 

 

 

 

Good point.

Hans, get the Luger.

 

Link to my trash discord server: https://discord.gg/tauu3d6

 


XXX_Corps #18 Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:59 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 56284 battles
  • 1,506
  • [A-CAV]
  • Member since:
    02-23-2015

View Postminitel_NA, on 10 March 2019 - 12:04 AM, said:

I like my AT15.

Mind you, I haven’t driven it In Ages so the mata might have changed.

also, I like weird tanks, and that is certainly a weird one. You can’t play it like you would play anything else.

 

 

The architecture of both  tanks are similar, but those aren’t the same guns at all.

the 130 was a naval gun, and as such I don’t think they had taken care of doing anything compact. 

The Russian tanks are famously cramped to the point of being barely workable. In fact a lot of Russian blueprint tanks we have in the game were rejected for that reason. so add a bigger gun to a small casemate, and I think we can expect some limitations. 

 

Also DMG mentionned the tank hanging to the right, well historically, the tanks were nose diving, especially in the muddy terrain of Russia. when they added the 100mm then 152mm (not mentioning the 130mm), the massive amount of weight that it all added right above th front wheels, the KV chassis had become completely out of balance. It nose dive on soft ground, it broke suspensions, But they still proceeded with the design. Because, more derp komrad.

 

Finally, yeah. WG devs shenanigans is real. 

On their defense, I would say that taking a tech tree tank (SU152) and making it flawed or weird (SU130) is the way good premium tanks should be made, at least IMO. 

 

 

The is- 7  was a prime example of horrible, unusable design. 



Gavidoc01 #19 Posted 10 March 2019 - 03:32 AM

    Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

  • Players
  • 39052 battles
  • 3,487
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    10-12-2014

View Postminitel_NA, on 09 March 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

I like my AT15.

Mind you, I haven’t driven it In Ages so the mata might have changed.

also, I like weird tanks, and that is certainly a weird one. You can’t play it like you would play anything else.

 

 

The architecture of both  tanks are similar, but those aren’t the same guns at all.

the 130 was a naval gun, and as such I don’t think they had taken care of doing anything compact. 

The Russian tanks are famously cramped to the point of being barely workable. In fact a lot of Russian blueprint tanks we have in the game were rejected for that reason. so add a bigger gun to a small casemate, and I think we can expect some limitations. 

 

Also DMG mentionned the tank hanging to the right, well historically, the tanks were nose diving, especially in the muddy terrain of Russia. when they added the 100mm then 152mm (not mentioning the 130mm), the massive amount of weight that it all added right above th front wheels, the KV chassis had become completely out of balance. It nose dive on soft ground, it broke suspensions, But they still proceeded with the design. Because, more derp komrad.

 

Finally, yeah. WG devs shenanigans is real. 

On their defense, I would say that taking a tech tree tank (SU152) and making it flawed or weird (SU130) is the way good premium tanks should be made, at least IMO. 

 

 

 

su-130 also uses a naval gun and considering the size of the structure alone you could say that is a very valid point. 

My Blitzstars

 

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 


anonym_2ZNiJLJL8ln2 #20 Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:12 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 940
  • Member since:
    06-16-2019

View PostBlartch, on 09 March 2019 - 06:59 PM, said:

One of your first lists that I almost completely agree with.

 

The solitary exception....

 

The SU-101 doesn't suck.  Clarification: it sucks if you use the top 122mm gun.  It does NOT suck if you mount the tier 9 D-54 100mm, which brings it up to a respectable 3000ish DPM with perfectly useable pen and accuracy.  Granted, you get an absolutely laughable -2 degrees of depression, so you have to back up opposite hillsides or otherwise stay in the flat supporting mediums and lights, ripping apart things that get preoccupied with them.

 

Only really worth one notch up from potato to fun, and you effectively can't make it work in ratings battles (though why would you bother to drive anything other than the 120-1 FakeTank in them anyway?)

Useable pen that isn't enough to actually snipe, not enough gun depression to work a position and constantly needing to reset camo to aim in the first place.

Its a [edited]tank with [edited]gun selection.

The only thing your suggestion solves is its comical lack of DPM for a mobile tier 8 TD that only has its gun going for it.

View Postminitel_NA, on 10 March 2019 - 12:04 AM, said:

I like my AT15. wrong

Mind you, I haven’t driven it In Ages so the mata might have changed.

also, I like weird tanks, and that is certainly a weird one. You can’t play it like you would play anything else.

ok

 

The architecture of both  tanks are similar, but those aren’t the same guns at all.

the 130 was a naval gun, and as such I don’t think they had taken care of doing anything compact. 

The Russian tanks are famously cramped to the point of being barely workable. In fact a lot of Russian blueprint tanks we have in the game were rejected for that reason. so add a bigger gun to a small casemate, and I think we can expect some limitations. 

this is actually a Western fantasy for the most part that has nothing to do with reality. Soviet tanks were very well grounded in ergonomics, and were well designed in this regard. This can be seen in the development of the IS tank.

 

'Many blueprint Russians'

Like what?

T-43 was built. Object 140 was built but inferior to 907. 907 was built. T-22 was Object 907 prototype. IS-7 was built but died with all Soviet non T-10 heavy tanks. IS-4 was outdated. KV-3/KV-4 is a series of super heavies, only existing to counter non existent German pre war super duper heavies that were conjured into existence by Soviet dreams

Also DMG mentionned the tank hanging to the right, well historically, the tanks were nose diving, especially in the muddy terrain of Russia. when they added the 100mm then 152mm (not mentioning the 130mm), the massive amount of weight that it all added right above th front wheels, the KV chassis had become completely out of balance. It nose dive on soft ground, it broke suspensions, But they still proceeded with the design. Because, more derp komrad.

Yeah like pz IV not being able to be controllable past 20 kph turns because the front wheels were max loaded? Or how about Jp IV needing brand new steel front wheels so it didn't completely shatter the suspension wheels? 

 

Going to link the claim for the Soviets?

Finally, yeah. WG devs shenanigans is real. ok

On their defense, I would say that taking a tech tree tank (SU152) and making it flawed or weird (SU130) is the way good premium tanks should be made, at least IMO. 

 

For a while I thought you were decent, but really, I don't think your opinion is of any reasonable quality by this point.

 

View PostXXX_Corps, on 10 March 2019 - 02:59 AM, said:

The is- 7  was a prime example of horrible, unusable design. 

Which is [edited].







Also tagged with BEST, TD, DMG, 2019, VIII

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users