Jump to content


Tier Six Travails

Tier VI Winrate

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

TonnerreCadien #1 Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:39 PM

    Cabri dans le Maïs

  • Players
  • 44633 battles
  • 2,480
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    05-23-2015

I'm just putting this out there - I am having real trouble winning in Tier VI these days, which is one of my favorite tiers. Am I the only one having this problem? My current WR in both tiers VII and VIII is higher than in VI, perhaps because I don't play in those higher tiers as frequently. I have tried to come up with an explanation as to why TIer VI is so tough for me (changes to the low tiers; e.g., partial nerfing of tier V, blah blah), but I'm drawing a blank. Maybe I'm just "seeing" a pattern where there isn't one, and this is just random noise, but I thought I'd defer to the collective wisdom of the forum to see if anyone else out there is having this same issue?

 

This has been going on for weeks, really, and tooning doesn't seem to help.


jx1pteO.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...


_Cletus #2 Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:44 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 24612 battles
  • 4,074
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016
I can't say I've been seeing that problem.  I've been playing my Jackson and the Sentinel I got from a free crate, it's my go to tier when I'm losing at higher tiers.  Maybe you've been experiencing pre-emptive karma for picking on those poor unicums from famous clans.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

 

sFkBFSc.jpg

 

David_Rish #3 Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:22 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15771 battles
  • 2,907
  • [FROZE]
  • Member since:
    11-15-2015
Run the vk 28.01. Should up that win rate in no time.

bg2b #4 Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:45 PM

    M4 Lifestyle

  • Players
  • 21070 battles
  • 2,350
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    12-10-2015

Lots of low-tier battles maybe?  I usually warm up by collecting the 2x in the Easy 8, and occasionally I'll get two or three bottom-tier games in a row where it seems like the red team is mostly a mix of Helsings, Draculas, Gravediggers, and Tiger (P)'s (plus the ever-present KV-2 platoon).

 

In general I feel like tier VI probably has the biggest gradient between being top-tier and being bottom-tier.  The tier V's got various nerfs in 5.5 and are lacking big provisions so you can beat them up pretty well, but tier VII provides plenty of popular and borderline OP opposition.



TonnerreCadien #5 Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:04 PM

    Cabri dans le Maïs

  • Players
  • 44633 battles
  • 2,480
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    05-23-2015

View Postbg2b, on 12 March 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

Lots of low-tier battles maybe?  I usually warm up by collecting the 2x in the Easy 8, and occasionally I'll get two or three bottom-tier games in a row where it seems like the red team is mostly a mix of Helsings, Draculas, Gravediggers, and Tiger (P)'s (plus the ever-present KV-2 platoon).

 

In general I feel like tier VI probably has the biggest gradient between being top-tier and being bottom-tier.  The tier V's got various nerfs in 5.5 and are lacking big provisions so you can beat them up pretty well, but tier VII provides plenty of popular and borderline OP opposition.

 

Hi bg... LOTS of bottom-tier battles. I should start keeping track, but at least for my last 10 games, I was bottom-tier in seven of them.

jx1pteO.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...


Absolute_Sniper #6 Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:46 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37042 battles
  • 2,825
  • [CRU2L]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2015
It’s the influx of new players and the change in meta that comes with that. Remember that until tier 6 many new players have a separate queue and some are playing against bots. Having played against those bots I can tell you they teach absolutely nothing to a new player. They drive to a predetermined spot and sit still the entire round. This gives new players a false sense of confidence as they progress up the tiers. Through tier 5 they will still be against new players and due to the nerfs, they don’t get punished for poor play. They can park in the open and still survive for quite some time before finally getting slowly pew pew’d to death. At tier 6 all that goes away in an instant. Experienced players typically know where to go on most maps to maximize their effectiveness. Assume you are the only experienced one on your team and adjust accordingly. It will make a huge impact.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/4PEJ8zy

 

 


Player_39363936 #7 Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:33 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 69089 battles
  • 4,238
  • [EWENS]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

I see lots of very good players in tier six.

Lotta people that don’t want to deal with losing credits in the high tiers.

When I check the records after a tier six game, I see a lot better players than I see at tier nine and tier ten.

 



Player_39363936 #8 Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:36 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 69089 battles
  • 4,238
  • [EWENS]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View PostDavid_Rish, on 12 March 2019 - 10:22 AM, said:

Run the vk 28.01. Should up that win rate in no time.

 

The vk isn’t what it was before the nerf.

 

And it sees lots of tier sevens that it takes 10 shots  to kill if not more.



_Cletus #9 Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:45 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 24612 battles
  • 4,074
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016
At lunch I played some tier 10 battles and some tier 6 battles, they seemed equally difficult to me.  I think all the seal clubbers left tiers 1-5 and congregated in tier 6.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

 

sFkBFSc.jpg

 

Gavidoc01 #10 Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:59 PM

    Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

  • Players
  • 41724 battles
  • 3,662
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    10-12-2014

View Postbg2b, on 12 March 2019 - 11:45 AM, said:

Lots of low-tier battles maybe?  I usually warm up by collecting the 2x in the Easy 8, and occasionally I'll get two or three bottom-tier games in a row where it seems like the red team is mostly a mix of Helsings, Draculas, Gravediggers, and Tiger (P)'s (plus the ever-present KV-2 platoon).

 

In general I feel like tier VI probably has the biggest gradient between being top-tier and being bottom-tier.  The tier V's got various nerfs in 5.5 and are lacking big provisions so you can beat them up pretty well, but tier VII provides plenty of popular and borderline OP opposition.

 

This is really it honestly. Tier VI has the biggest spread between top tier and bottom tier. Tier V will struggle against VI but can hold its own. Tier VII is able to compete with many tier VIII due to the better mediums and stronger heavies. Tier VI though has to deal with those same better mediums and stronger heavies making it much harder.

My Blitzstars

 

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 


fangs58 #11 Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:20 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 42155 battles
  • 921
  • [WHC]
  • Member since:
    10-11-2016

I just looked at my 30 day stats for the tier. I am running the E8, Lozas Sherman and the Crom B mostly and I can keep it at 56%. I am running mostly mediums in all tiers now so I can't speak to the other tank types. Tier 7 and Tier 9 are my bright spots for win rate but tier 8 for WIN8.

 

I think what you are seeing is the complete lack of team cohesion in the tier. I have accepted that the current meta is chaos. Light tanks front line, heavies snipe, TDs flank or frontline when either their speed or armor won's support. And green teams just evaporate for lack of a better word. 

 

I agree with BG on the bottom tier battles, especially on this account. Plus I see more premiums on Red. 

 

On my alt account I have 408 battles in tier 6 and a 59.56 percent win rate over 30 days. And that is grinding tanks, and I am no where near finished grinding crew skills. And I see far fewer premium tanks on Red. i also seem to have better balance between low tier and high tier battles. This is just my perception. I am in now way suggesting that MM is rigged in anyway. 

 

Before 5.5 I would never have tried to grind so many tanks with out expecting to smacked around. 

 

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/bail_out_we_are_on_fire


ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

 

https://www.blitzsta.../1022508815.png

 

 


STACNICHSPEN #12 Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:49 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12682 battles
  • 112
  • [SIX67]
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

View PostDavid_Rish, on 12 March 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

Run the vk 28.01. Should up that win rate in no time.

Vk 28= Best tank


wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!

TigerBrewed #13 Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:05 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 5828 battles
  • 75
  • Member since:
    10-15-2017

As they mentioned, the low-tiers nerf don't apply on Tier 6, so they're now officially learning how to play just now.

And tier 7 is very popular, its also my favorite tier to play in.  They got all those spunky tanks like Lupus, Drac, Helsing, Edelweiss, etc.

You're might be getting bottom tier more frequently because of it, and couple that with inexperienced tankers and you're gonna have a bad time.



milesonaught #14 Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:34 AM

    Uncle Salty

  • Players
  • 18928 battles
  • 1,842
  • [III-P]
  • Member since:
    07-17-2016

It's been harder but I have only platooned in 6 since 5.5 and maybe 10 solos. The solos were terrifying and miserable and the pltoons were randomly unsucessful with the worst lagging and rng I have ever seen. Ghost shells like shooting a tank from ten meters in the rear and no message no credit.

 

If I could post my historical graph you would see easily where my connection started failing.


I don't go town and I won't go down so WarGaming is just ******* with me when they built a town on a hill.

 

BLACK is the new PURPLE


jahawa #15 Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:10 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17415 battles
  • 1,191
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    11-14-2015

View PostTonnerreCadien, on 12 March 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

I'm just putting this out there - I am having real trouble winning in Tier VI these days, which is one of my favorite tiers. Am I the only one having this problem? My current WR in both tiers VII and VIII is higher than in VI, perhaps because I don't play in those higher tiers as frequently. I have tried to come up with an explanation as to why TIer VI is so tough for me (changes to the low tiers; e.g., partial nerfing of tier V, blah blah), but I'm drawing a blank. Maybe I'm just "seeing" a pattern where there isn't one, and this is just random noise, but I thought I'd defer to the collective wisdom of the forum to see if anyone else out there is having this same issue?

 

This has been going on for weeks, really, and tooning doesn't seem to help.

 

TC,

 

I have just the opposite experience recently, regarding tier 6. Lol. My stats have tanked the last several months and I am befuddled as to why. There have been numerous threads discussing the change in the metas, RNG, MM, etc. I think it has been the average player that has suffered the most with changes that have occurred. The good players have adjusted and keep rolling. I went from high 50% and even some 60% 30 day WR's to low 50% almost overnight at the end of last year. WN8 went from 2000's to 1400's. My 30/60/90 days are 2.5% lower than my career.

 

Someone had said the average player was playing in the high tiers too much therefor the reduction in stats. So I dropped out of 7-10 and focused on tier 6 for over 100 battles this past week. If I drop out the 8 battles in the SU-100Y which I only won 2 battles and really suck in, I had a 59% WR for 103 battles. And yes I was low tier most of the time.

 

So I moved up to tier 7 yesterday and played 20 battles; so far with an astounding 35% WR. The interesting part was of those 20 battles, 14 were in my best OP tanks at 7, the Tiger P and Rudy. I won 2 of those battles putting up some big numbers. Maybe I should have stopped playing before I ran up 8 losses in a row, mostly in the Tiger P. 

 

In conclusion. I have none. I don't have a clue what is going on.....This game is driving me batty. :arta:

 



TonnerreCadien #16 Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:13 PM

    Cabri dans le Maïs

  • Players
  • 44633 battles
  • 2,480
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    05-23-2015

View Postjahawa, on 13 March 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

 

TC,

 

I have just the opposite experience recently, regarding tier 6. Lol. My stats have tanked the last several months and I am befuddled as to why. There have been numerous threads discussing the change in the metas, RNG, MM, etc. I think it has been the average player that has suffered the most with changes that have occurred. The good players have adjusted and keep rolling. I went from high 50% and even some 60% 30 day WR's to low 50% almost overnight at the end of last year. WN8 went from 2000's to 1400's. My 30/60/90 days are 2.5% lower than my career.

 

Someone had said the average player was playing in the high tiers too much therefor the reduction in stats. So I dropped out of 7-10 and focused on tier 6 for over 100 battles this past week. If I drop out the 8 battles in the SU-100Y which I only won 2 battles and really suck in, I had a 59% WR for 103 battles. And yes I was low tier most of the time.

 

So I moved up to tier 7 yesterday and played 20 battles; so far with an astounding 35% WR. The interesting part was of those 20 battles, 14 were in my best OP tanks at 7, the Tiger P and Rudy. I won 2 of those battles putting up some big numbers. Maybe I should have stopped playing before I ran up 8 losses in a row, mostly in the Tiger P. 

 

In conclusion. I have none. I don't have a clue what is going on.....This game is driving me batty. :arta:

 

 

Oddly, despite the fact that you're having the opposite problem from me, this makes me feel less alone! Thanks!

jx1pteO.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...


_Cletus #17 Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:17 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 24612 battles
  • 4,074
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View Postjahawa, on 13 March 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

 

TC,

 

I have just the opposite experience recently, regarding tier 6. Lol. My stats have tanked the last several months and I am befuddled as to why. There have been numerous threads discussing the change in the metas, RNG, MM, etc. I think it has been the average player that has suffered the most with changes that have occurred. The good players have adjusted and keep rolling. I went from high 50% and even some 60% 30 day WR's to low 50% almost overnight at the end of last year. WN8 went from 2000's to 1400's. My 30/60/90 days are 2.5% lower than my career.

 

Someone had said the average player was playing in the high tiers too much therefor the reduction in stats. So I dropped out of 7-10 and focused on tier 6 for over 100 battles this past week. If I drop out the 8 battles in the SU-100Y which I only won 2 battles and really suck in, I had a 59% WR for 103 battles. And yes I was low tier most of the time.

 

So I moved up to tier 7 yesterday and played 20 battles; so far with an astounding 35% WR. The interesting part was of those 20 battles, 14 were in my best OP tanks at 7, the Tiger P and Rudy. I won 2 of those battles putting up some big numbers. Maybe I should have stopped playing before I ran up 8 losses in a row, mostly in the Tiger P. 

 

In conclusion. I have none. I don't have a clue what is going on.....This game is driving me batty. :arta:

 

 

Same here.  I went through the huge slump at the beginning of the year and am rebounding.  I've been doing well in 6, decent in 8, and well in 10, which I think is weird as hell.  I tried a few games in 7 last night in my Tiger P and got pooped on.

 

Are we long lost twins?  I just bit my tongue, did you feel any pain?


https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

 

sFkBFSc.jpg

 

jahawa #18 Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:36 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17415 battles
  • 1,191
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    11-14-2015

View Post_Cletus, on 13 March 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

 

Same here.  I went through the huge slump at the beginning of the year and am rebounding.  I've been doing well in 6, decent in 8, and well in 10, which I think is weird as hell.  I tried a few games in 7 last night in my Tiger P and got pooped on.

 

Are we long lost twins?  I just bit my tongue, did you feel any pain?

 

Must be. Lol. I am channeling.

 

I was totally taken aback at what happened in 7 after being turning things around in 6. In 9 battles I avg almost 1800 dmg in the Tiger P with only 1 win... Go figure.







Also tagged with Tier VI, Winrate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users