Jump to content


We need more dynamic gameplay


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

michaeltsoon #1 Posted 18 March 2019 - 03:35 AM

    No.1 Gold-Slinging Unicum

  • Players
  • 39424 battles
  • 2,915
  • [HATED]
  • Member since:
    09-28-2014

This isn't sarcasm...

 

Wargaming needs to add more unique mechanics such as autoreloaders, siege mode, marks of excellence, and better equipment selections to make the game more interesting. After 5 years of the same formula, it's getting quite stale imho.

 

Furthermore, the addition of new gamemodes would be greatly welcomed. Assault and Standard are two that can be easily added, and would make the gameplay a lot more fun on certain maps. On an unrelated note, more custom rules should be added to TR to allow better player customization (no shooting, only certain tiers/tanks allowed etc).

 

Lastly, WG needs to balance the tanks better so that they all have their own specialty/niche. What's the point of having 400+ tanks when a lot of them are based on the same template (cough cough all tier 8 meds) and play exactly the same?

 

Discuss.


Administrative Officer of [HATED] - Hated for a reason.

Founder of [PZ3] - Always Loyal, Always Fighting, Always Courageous. PZ3 will carry!

 

My stats


ZebraUp #2 Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:58 AM

    I want to be on the RED team!

  • Players
  • 30098 battles
  • 2,304
  • [_UF_]
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015
Personally i would love the game to have huge maps like the PC version..  perhaps 10 vs 10 for 10 minute battles?

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

#1 player all-time in North America in the FCM 36 Pak.40 by winrate & #4 Worldwide lol!


plsdontkillmexxx #3 Posted 18 March 2019 - 05:06 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12811 battles
  • 1,194
  • [AMTH]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2019

View Postmichaeltsoon, on 18 March 2019 - 03:35 AM, said:

This isn't sarcasm...

 

Wargaming needs to add more unique mechanics such as autoreloaders, siege mode, marks of excellence, and better equipment selections to make the game more interesting. After 5 years of the same formula, it's getting quite stale imho.

 

I agree. And equipment not in pairs, and any one available without having to buy them sequentially.

 

Furthermore, the addition of new gamemodes would be greatly welcomed.

 

Yes

 

Assault and Standard are two that can be easily added, and would make the gameplay a lot more fun on certain maps. On an unrelated note, more custom rules should be added to TR to allow better player customization (no shooting, only certain tiers/tanks allowed etc).

 

Lastly, WG needs to balance the tanks better so that they all have their own specialty/niche. What's the point of having 400+ tanks when a lot of them are based on the same template (cough cough all tier 8 meds) and play exactly the same?

 

Exactly

 

Discuss.

 



minitel_NA #4 Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:23 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 6,061
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

What stalled the game ?

 

mm+-1

 

ridiculous symetrical mm

 

Fv183

 

other “improvements”

 

 

 

what would bring a more dynamic gameplay ? I’m not too sure.

Game modes tried to do it

Supremacy tried to do it. If u camp before having caught 2 bases, u lose.

maybe you don’t play supremacy ?

mad games tried to do it. If u camp in mad games you mpppfffhahahaa..

 

 


Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


minitel_NA #5 Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:31 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 6,061
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

Forget my previous answer, michaeltsoon. If you want more dynamic gameplay, you can have it for just 8500gold.

 


Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


Bachus131 #6 Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:37 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 29499 battles
  • 327
  • [JAWZ]
  • Member since:
    12-28-2017

New modes sound great but when half  the player-base cannot even understand Supremacy I don't see the point.

Having tanks have more unique niches sounds great but when half the player-base doesn't understand the basic roles of heavy, light, medium, or TD it would also be pointless.

So until WG creates tutorials to cover these basics expanding them would not be a good idea. 


'Don't follow the lights, they will lead you to your DOOM'  ( Gollum )

MRobertsRCS #7 Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:49 PM

    Supreme Fettuccini

  • Players
  • 30130 battles
  • 1,750
  • [501DV]
  • Member since:
    09-03-2014
+2/-2 mm would do it.

My E4 has a cup holder            

 

 


anonym_2ZNiJLJL8ln2 #8 Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:59 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 940
  • Member since:
    06-16-2019

WG's assault on even remotely dynamic gameplay has resulted in this scenario. Though its not as if WG started off with an intuitive balance in the first place.

 

If dynamic gameplay was really desired tier 8/9/10 mediums would have more DPM & alpha and TD's would focus less on giant siege cannons. Heavy tanks would also tend to have more alpha.



anonym_2ZNiJLJL8ln2 #9 Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:09 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 940
  • Member since:
    06-16-2019

View PostBachus131, on 18 March 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

Having tanks have more unique niches sounds great but when half the player-base doesn't understand the basic roles of heavy, light, medium, or TD it would also be pointless.

I predict that you don't realize medium tanks are designed to be effective as a general employment option with balanced characteristics. Meaning speed and DPM aren't their main focus.

I predict you don't realize light tanks also need high DPM in 7v7 format.

I predict you believe heavy tanks need nigh-unstoppable armor because thinking intuitively is hard.

 

There is a very high probability I just used you to generalize the opinions of the forum and make fun of them.



tpcshadow #10 Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:53 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39488 battles
  • 2,043
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View Postminitel_NA, on 18 March 2019 - 03:23 AM, said:

What stalled the game ?

 

mm+-1

 

ridiculous symetrical mm

 

Fv183

 

other “improvements”

 

 

 

what would bring a more dynamic gameplay ? I’m not too sure.

Game modes tried to do it

Supremacy tried to do it. If u camp before having caught 2 bases, u lose.

maybe you don’t play supremacy ?

mad games tried to do it. If u camp in mad games you mpppfffhahahaa..

 

 

 

I think you're hitting on something with the 183. The game is trending toward bigger and bigger alpha. I suspect the average alpha per tier has gone up over the years while HP has not. That means each hit hurts more and makes players more static. Why move when it's going to take 1/2 or more of your HP when shot from a camper across the map.

 

Things WG could do to help but never will:

  • Get rid of the 183. 
  • Remove all guns larger than 130mm below tier 9  (reduce the pain inflicted by huge alpha guns)
  • reduce camo values for bushes  (reduce camping)
  • Reduce spotting distances  (make players have to move more to spot enemy)
  • Implement "instant" lightbulb when spotted  (reduce camping effectiveness)
  • Redo maps to reduce camping (Mines, I'm looking at you)

 

Some of these may be bad ideas, and all would probably require re-balancing tanks, mostly TDs.

  •  


minitel_NA #11 Posted 18 March 2019 - 08:17 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 6,061
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View Posttpcshadow, on 18 March 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

 

I think you're hitting on something with the 183. The game is trending toward bigger and bigger alpha. I suspect the average alpha per tier has gone up over the years while HP has not. That means each hit hurts more and makes players more static. Why move when it's going to take 1/2 or more of your HP when shot from a camper across the map.

 

Things WG could do to help but never will:

  • Get rid of the 183. 
  • Remove all guns larger than 130mm below tier 9  (reduce the pain inflicted by huge alpha guns)
  • reduce camo values for bushes  (reduce camping)
  • Reduce spotting distances  (make players have to move more to spot enemy)
  • Implement "instant" lightbulb when spotted  (reduce camping effectiveness)
  • Redo maps to reduce camping (Mines, I'm looking at you)

 

Some of these may be bad ideas, and all would probably require re-balancing tanks, mostly TDs.

  •  

 

View Posttpcshadow, on 18 March 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

 

I think you're hitting on something with the 183. The game is trending toward bigger and bigger alpha. I suspect the average alpha per tier has gone up over the years while HP has not. That means each hit hurts more and makes players more static. Why move when it's going to take 1/2 or more of your HP when shot from a camper across the map.

 

Things WG could do to help but never will:

  • Get rid of the 183. 
  • Remove all guns larger than 130mm below tier 9  (reduce the pain inflicted by huge alpha guns)
  • reduce camo values for bushes  (reduce camping)
  • Reduce spotting distances  (make players have to move more to spot enemy)
  • Implement "instant" lightbulb when spotted  (reduce camping effectiveness)
  • Redo maps to reduce camping (Mines, I'm looking at you)

 

Some of these may be bad ideas, and all would probably require re-balancing tanks, mostly TDs.

  •  

 

thanks for the praise, however I’m really not sure I agree with you on most of these solutions.

 

as I mentionned, I don’t have any answer myself that I think are good, except playing yolo tanks and forcing the red team to reconsider / forcing the tds out, etc. 

For exemple on canal, i play light tanks and i just rush to the red tds spots. So if they attempt to climb their monkey pole they get shot. A whole lot of panic ensues, and panic is the medicine to camping.

 

but my team downvote me for doing that. The playerbase and the human being is a creature of habits, and they feel safe repeating the same patterns, they feel good having learnt that this side is correct, and to always park in the same correct bush on the same Monroe’s pole game after game. 

 

This is why I don’t think I have a good solution, it’s human nature to move as little as possible, and always to the same place.

 

play light tank and wrecking havoc is the best I can do, everything else bores me.


Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


FlammeumDraco333 #12 Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:24 PM

    18 Y.O. Boomer

  • Players
  • 15306 battles
  • 3,333
  • [META]
  • Member since:
    06-22-2015

Bring back the old equipment system (maybe even old consumable system?), +2-2 MM, and implement more game modes. Some balance changes are in order as well, especially at higher tiers. Reimplement the low tier tanks that have been so unjustly taken from us, provide better tutorials or easier access to information/learning material for new players, and focus the money-making aspect of the game on aesthetic features, rather than spamming loads of premiums down our throats (think camos, custom logos for tanks, marks of excellence, different garages, etc.).

 

One thing that is available now that was not before is bigger maps and more tanks in battle. Devices are far more powerful than they were when Blitz was first released, which would allow for 10v10 or even bigger matches on far larger maps. Obviously this would have to be an entirely different game mode with entirely different stats and achievements (getting a Pools medal is way easier when you only have to kill 60% of the enemy team rather than 85%, so perhaps a Pools medal in 10v10 would mean killing 8-9 tanks, rather than 6, for example), but I don't think it would be that hard to implement.


View PostSystemrename, on 03 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

 Sauce

If þou hæst ane anime līcnesse, þīne opinīoun mēneþ no-þing.

 


tpcshadow #13 Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:38 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39488 battles
  • 2,043
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View Postminitel_NA, on 18 March 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

 

 

thanks for the praise, however I’m really not sure I agree with you on most of these solutions.

 

as I mentionned, I don’t have any answer myself that I think are good, except playing yolo tanks and forcing the red team to reconsider / forcing the tds out, etc. 

For exemple on canal, i play light tanks and i just rush to the red tds spots. So if they attempt to climb their monkey pole they get shot. A whole lot of panic ensues, and panic is the medicine to camping.

 

but my team downvote me for doing that. The playerbase and the human being is a creature of habits, and they feel safe repeating the same patterns, they feel good having learnt that this side is correct, and to always park in the same correct bush on the same Monroe’s pole game after game. 

 

This is why I don’t think I have a good solution, it’s human nature to move as little as possible, and always to the same place.

 

play light tank and wrecking havoc is the best I can do, everything else bores me.

 

Unfortunately the type of play you mention is highly team dependent (when your team ignores the spotted TDs and you get deleted by them). Then there's the tanks like the KV-2 that aren't necessarily campy, but cause the same problems, as I don't want to be the first guy spotted by a KV-2 in my Cromwell B as he can snap-shot one-shot me. The type of gameplay you mention can be high risk; I want to reduce the risk to that type of game play. Make it more useful to be a spotter without worrying about being deleted from across the map.

 

The point I'm trying to make with my changes is an attempt and making the 45%-50% player play more dynamically. My suggestions were aimed at making it less useful for those players to go to their favorite bush and camp. 

 

I do worry that it might swing the game too far back to the old days when there were 6 Obj 140s per team in the Twister Cup. Benefiting mediums too much makes the game not fun for TDs (especially non-turreted) and slow tanks.



tpcshadow #14 Posted 18 March 2019 - 09:40 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39488 battles
  • 2,043
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View PostFlammeumDraco333, on 18 March 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

Bring back the old equipment system (maybe even old consumable system?), +2-2 MM, and implement more game modes. Some balance changes are in order as well, especially at higher tiers. Reimplement the low tier tanks that have been so unjustly taken from us, provide better tutorials or easier access to information/learning material for new players, and focus the money-making aspect of the game on aesthetic features, rather than spamming loads of premiums down our throats (think camos, custom logos for tanks, marks of excellence, different garages, etc.).

 

One thing that is available now that was not before is bigger maps and more tanks in battle. Devices are far more powerful than they were when Blitz was first released, which would allow for 10v10 or even bigger matches on far larger maps. Obviously this would have to be an entirely different game mode with entirely different stats and achievements (getting a Pools medal is way easier when you only have to kill 60% of the enemy team rather than 85%, so perhaps a Pools medal in 10v10 would mean killing 8-9 tanks, rather than 6, for example), but I don't think it would be that hard to implement.

 

Bigger maps with more players doesn't make games more dynamic; in fact I'd argue the opposite.. WoT PC is the perfect example; it's way more campy and less dynamic than Blitz.

anonym_2ZNiJLJL8ln2 #15 Posted 19 March 2019 - 04:30 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 940
  • Member since:
    06-16-2019

View PostFlammeumDraco333, on 18 March 2019 - 09:24 PM, said:

Bring back the old equipment system (maybe even old consumable system?), +2-2 MM, and implement more game modes.

 

Wow, it's incredible, someone on this forum understands the greater good. This is a miracle.

 

@TPCshadow

I think what you are thinking about is an immature thought typical of your stats. How about you think more intuitively for once.

Admittedly, yes, the average alpha has gone up over the years with:

Grille line, and roughly every TD line in the game but most of them are fairly old.

 

The problem stares you in the face



jharrison1185 #16 Posted 24 March 2019 - 08:23 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 24029 battles
  • 16
  • [CHAM]
  • Member since:
    02-10-2015
Forgive me if I seem upset, but this new smasher in addition to the KV2's has made playing (LVL 5- 6-7) any med or light very difficult of late. I enjoy playing these and learning the ins and outs of light/mediums.I played a long time ago on my 5" phone, and was terrible. I came back and discovered the joy of driving a faster tank not all about dpm and bouncing shots a found a whole new joy and started playing again. But to have so many lower level tanks recently packing HE just camping and waiting to spot you feels like lousey gameplay. I often see my team matched up against 2, sometimes 3 total KV2/Smashers. I take my role of spotting and support seriously. But having at least 2-3 tanks capable of 1 shotting me from anywhere on the map really makes me frustrated with this game. I don't mind having these tanks, but imho something needs to be done to level the playing field, possibly by buffing camo. I worked my way up to level 7 camo skill, and use a camo net. But that doesn't seem to matter as I am always spotted anyway stationary or moving even in light tanks. As I am usually the one who spots them, I soon find myself one shot before 2-2.5 minutes is up. I understand WG must sell tanks, Heck I buy them and listen to the comments of other players about being a "wallet warrior", but I refuse to buy slow moving camping tanks to succeed, as to me that is boring, and the game feels broke. I wont be buying any more World of Camping Tanks till it's sorted out. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users