An old and proven way to fix military honor

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

HoboWithWifi #1 Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16966 battles
  • [DONGR]

So I'm sure that a lot of you know about Counter Strike Global Offensive's report and review system, but I'll go over it real quick anyways.

In CS:GO players can file a report against a player for a variety of reasons, similar to WOT Blitz. The difference is that those reports include a replay and repeated offenders get added to a list for review. Since it would be costly to hire a dedicated review team, these reports are just reviewed several times by players who are deemed as experience and trustworthy by some algorithm. Any qualified player can sign up to be part of it. The punishments dealt are also determined by some algorithm, removing a majority of the subjectiveness from the system. 

I doubt anyone at WG will read this (much less consider it at all) but here's some arguments as to why it would be a great addition to the game .

1. The pieces are already there. We already have a replay system, a reporting system, a punishment system, and a large player base of experienced players. The only things missing would be a quick equation to determine who can accurately review the reports, and some hard drive space for replays
  2. People LOVE justice. Especially taking part of it.  I believe players would have a lot of fun reviewing replays. Not only could it bring back players who left partly because of Military Honor, it would add another thing for players to do. I don't believe that I am alone in wanting to play WOT, but not wanting to have to deal with the stress. 
  3. Advertisement. The replay system could double the amount of content/advertisement produced online, and it would show off some of the tanks and potentially get players to buy those tanks
  4. It works. 

Anyways, thanks for the read. I'll see ya all on the battlefield

Edited by HoboWithWifi, 19 March 2019 - 10:17 PM.

I'm slowly becoming less bad

junaluska7 #2 Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:12 PM

_persona non grata_

• Players
  • 20638 battles
  • [RDZ10]

View PostHoboWithWifi, on 19 March 2019 - 04:13 PM, said:

So I'm sure that a lot of you know about Counter Strike Global Offensive's report and review system, but I'll go over it real quick anyways.

In CS:GO players can file a report against a player for a variety of reasons, similar to WOT Blitz. The difference is that those reports include a replay and repeated offenders get added to a list for review. Since it would be costly to hire a dedicated review team, these reports are just reviewed several times by players who are deemed as experience and trustworthy by some algorithm. Any qualified player can sign up to be part of it. The punishments dealt are also determined by some algorithm, removing a majority of the subjectiveness from the system. 

I doubt anyone at WG will read this (much less consider it at all) but here's some arguments as to why it would be a great addition to the game .

1. The pieces are already there. We already have a replay system, a reporting system, a punishment system, and a large player base of experienced players. The only things missing would be a quick equation to determine who can accurately review the reports, and some hard drive space for replays
  2. People LOVE justice. Especially taking part of it.  I believe players would have a lot of fun reviewing replays. Not only could it bring back players who left partly because of Military Honor, it would add another thing for players to do. I don't believe that I am alone in wanting to play WOT, but not wanting to have to deal with the stress. 
  3. Advertisement. The replay system could double the amount of content/advertisement produced online, and it would show off some of the tanks and potentially get players to buy those tanks
  4. It works. 

Anyways, thanks for the read. I'll see ya all on the battlefield

When I read your thread title, I thought you were going to suggest a “firing squad” as a solution. :hiding: Gg!

Zuke76 #3 Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:29 AM

Zuke le grand

• Players
  • 16885 battles
  • [FL-TH]

View Postjunaluska7, on 19 March 2019 - 11:12 PM, said:

When I read your thread title, I thought you were going to suggest a “firing squad” as a solution. :hiding: Gg!

thats much better

Player_5773117413 #4 Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:43 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 27923 battles
  • [IRD]
you can always submit tickets with screenshots and replays, so that's kinda already there

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

crpl_hicks #5 Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5369 battles
  • [KOP]

View Postjunaluska7, on 19 March 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

HERE...HERE!!:arta:

I wanna introduce you to a personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher.

rosgrim #6 Posted 20 March 2019 - 04:05 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 63403 battles
  • [COD]

[edited], dude so who is going to judge the judges ? and based on what you wanna select the judge ? have you heard about conflict of interest ? (a judge that has to judge a player that was against him or supposedly blocked him or insulted him or the same related to a friend of him or a clan mate etc etc).

the only right thing is to trash MH and go back to use ticket submitted to WOTB this time with replay and screenshot.

May be with a penalty also for who is submitting a ticket without valid reason.

This is justice and fair system..... but it's not going to happen.

HoboWithWifi #7 Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16966 battles
  • [DONGR]

View Postrosgrim, on 19 March 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

[edited], dude so who is going to judge the judges ? and based on what you wanna select the judge ? have you heard about conflict of interest ? (a judge that has to judge a player that was against him or supposedly blocked him or insulted him or the same related to a friend of him or a clan mate etc etc).

the only right thing is to trash MH and go back to use ticket submitted to WOTB this time with replay and screenshot.

May be with a penalty also for who is submitting a ticket without valid reason.

This is justice and fair system..... but it's not going to happen.

Whether someone is eligible to be a judge would probably be based on the number of battles, win rate, and past history of giving and receiving reports.

Of course I have.  Just don't give the judges a report that they are in and replace all usernames with something like "Player 1", "Player 2", etc.

And even if there is some conflict, there'll be a minimum ratio and number of confirmations required for punishment to be dealt. The two numbers can be determined by WG based on how much they want to risk false reports.

I'm slowly becoming less bad

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users