Something has Changed (Unintended Experiment)

Tier Six teams MM?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

bg2b #21 Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:53 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]
I play the Easy 8 pretty much every day as a warm-up.  Definitely there are stretches where it seems like I'm constantly low-tier, and tier 7 is now generally stronger than it used to be.  Carrying as low-tier is not easy or common.  Then you're much more at the mercy of your 7's, and winning is more like a coin flip.

___ez_e___ #22 Posted 20 March 2019 - 07:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 60682 battles
  • [FUZY]

View PostGavidoc01, on 20 March 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

Remember that no matter what you do, MM will always cause on average for you to lose 30% of your games. It is possible you are currently caught up in the middle of one of those draughts. Happens to all of us. 

As an example, in the ISU-130 tier VIII TD over 9 battles, I have a Unicum W8, average over 2k damage a battle, 1.44 kills per battle, 2.17 kill to death ratio and a 2.70 damage ratio. I won 3 of those 9 battles.

I've been trying to get the SU-152 to 60% Wr. and have hit the same draught in that tank. When I hit 59.65% (averaging a 70% WR in it) I dropped to 58.2% over the span of 30 games and in the last 140 games I'm averaging a 57% WR. 

Wow.   I always find your analysis very useful since you are a top rated player AND you don’t platoon much.  

Seeing the change in your wr makes me feel better, as it does mean that everyone is impacted.      

Thanks for sharing.  

I’m not going crazy.  Lol.  

Edited by ___ez_e___, 20 March 2019 - 08:00 PM.

Whiskey_Upsurge #23 Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 37965 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Post___ez_e___, on 20 March 2019 - 07:59 PM, said:

Wow.   I always find your analysis very useful since you are a top rated player AND you don’t platoon much.  

Seeing the change in your wr makes me feel better, as it does mean that everyone is impacted.      

Thanks for sharing.  

I’m not going crazy.  Lol.  

I'm seeing a similar up and down periodic WR that started around the same time as mine. lo
Inspiration for WriterDude's forum Signature is my single greatest accomplishment since starting to play Blitz! 

___ez_e___ #24 Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 60682 battles
  • [FUZY]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 20 March 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

3.8 equipment and 5.5 changes have made a lot of players frustrated. 

It’s harder to carry a lot of games, at least in fun tanks. 

I mentioned this before, but I feel like in the old meta the game was simple enough that you could literally shoot your way to a win (because there was way more capable players).

Now it’s all about which unicum or super unicum manages the game better.   I can’t tell you how many times, I’m just fighting (no strategy) and we are winning then lose due to one player.    Since I was aggressive, I took on more damage then I should.  BUT, then I see him, that one freaking unicum or super unicum on the other team that clearly playing to win.  The enemy team barely squeaks out the win, because of that one player.    He’s playing smart taking shots but not taking fire.   I just literally needed not to die to win for my team.  

I get a little mad, because I know had I not just played and actually played strategically I would have probably won.    Plus I see their stats are no better then mine, which means they are beatable.   Oh well.  I just hit battle again and play strategically just to check myself.   Lol.   

Edited by ___ez_e___, 20 March 2019 - 08:14 PM.

crpl_hicks #25 Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5438 battles
  • [KOP]

I find lately, that if I push harder than usual, to try & make up for weak team mates, i end up doing things i should know better.  Plus i'm naive enough or optimistically hoping that one time someone will see what im doing and help out.

But alas I always end up like a shark who goes for the chum...their eyes roll back & they're blind to what's going on.

Patience, my young Padiwans.  I think patience is the answer?

I wanna introduce you to a personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher.

__Crusader6__ #26 Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:05 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 58625 battles
  • [-C6-]

View Post___ez_e___, on 20 March 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

I mentioned this before, but I feel like in the old meta the game was simple enough that you could literally shoot your way to a win (because there was way more capable players).

Now it’s all about which unicum or super unicum manages the game better.   I can’t tell you how many times, I’m just fighting (no strategy) and we are winning then lose due to one player.    Since I was aggressive, I took on more damage then I should.  BUT, then I see him, that one freaking unicum or super unicum on the other team that clearly playing to win.  The enemy team barely squeaks out the win, because of that one player.    He’s playing smart taking shots but not taking fire.   I just literally needed not to die to win for my team.  

I get a little mad, because I know had I not just played and actually played strategically I would have probably won.    Plus I see their stats are no better then mine, which means they are beatable.   Oh well.  I just hit battle again and play strategically just to check myself.   Lol.   

Bingo.  

The second part of the problem I have seen is quite often late game some spawn camping red in a heavy finally decided to come Fight. 

They are usually full health and show up to the party when you’ve been busy with 2-3 other reds and they arrive when you back was turned - you can’t use terrain etc to your advantage - as it was a fight you didn’t plan.  

Tank Hoarder: 365 tanks in Garage:  366/368 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed. 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

TigerBludt515 #27 Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:41 PM

Jagd mich nicht!!

• Players
  • 58555 battles
  • [D_1]
Everything I’ve read here makes me feel better honestly. Struggling in game with a 50.29 win rate posted in garage record yet wotblitzstars shows 49% go figure. Anyhow... after 3.8 everything took a dump ( at that time I was 54.89 win rate at its release. ), but when 5.5 on tumbled in wreckdates 3.8-4.0 seemed like a dream.
  Now I have noticed several things. High record players like myself seem to be struggling to make any shots stick no matter where you strike- but at times have had hits that weren’t supposed to do any damage because of a sudden shift in turret or Angelng and booom I see the enemy life bar drop. This has happened at times when I’ve been the last guy standing.
   Teams:: No one is going to say Bots are not in tiers VI on up because they are.! Then I see more and more team assignments with lower and lower records consistently showing up.
    Veteran players are and have become so skeptical of what the lottery is issuing that in some battles I’ve been seeing 5k records doing better than veteran players at say 30k and above. It’s almost like veteran players are not willing to take the chances to initiate an attack or try to establish a mobilized attack plan because newer players and bots will not assist or create an effort to inflict either damages or kills. Some that do are getting wiped out in 30-45 seconds with an average of 3-4 at one swoop.
   Seeing the stats posted on here in several comments convinced me that MM will not improve- updates eliminated a huge swath of the player base- determined shot mechanics have turned off a dedicated player base- many veterans have quit or stopped playing but periodically still check in- Bots are filling slots will either be baiting teams into ambush points on maps known surround points like Base C at Molinovka Map or A at Black Goldville- not returning fire- sitting in the open until the last second or being back yard sauasage Milkers At Base A in Yamato Harbor or Naval Frontier maps.
   No matter what strategy- caution- aggression- sniping-baiting- luring- distracting- assisting- or what ever The hell else.. nothing is raising the win rate but sure is sinking it faster than a toilet can suck water down.
   Wargaming needs a miracle pulled from the 4th point of contact soon to turn things around. Overall the general census is the team structures and overall issues have become contankerous at best. Plagued ...
  Developers may say no one is guaranteed victories or team matching abilities other than by vehicle types... I don’t buy it. Too many players here are all saying the same things in several ways.
  One of this game’s biggest issues is along with the others discussed about win rates spiraling down is Average Damages per battle not being updated and Average XP earned in battle not being updated accordingly. Numbers are stagnant. In the later part of last year I quit playing for 2 months to see if the numbers would catch up as support blamed it on an “extensive battle record history, and that the computer has not had time to adjust or reflect the total sum of data collected”.... I kid you not. This was the answer given. So stats are tore up with everything else.
  It’s starting to feel like let’s keep the computers / servers on and collect free checks.
    Wargaming- Fire your game techs- hire developers only from within Wargaming offices and training programs designed by Wargaming and eliminate outside interest groups.
    Until you all do this , unless the intent is to get everyone to 40% level across the board the game will continue to get worse. App reviews- these Forums and social media can ruin any future aspirations that anyone may have for wotb. Save what can be salvaged or shut it off. Have some integrity.... not all of us commenting on here are liars Wargaming, and furthermore, there’s a wide array of records - player scopes / classifications on here spelling this out in black on white print. Repair it or quit it... lastly... dump the waste of so called Military Honor... this has also driven players away. Kill 4 enemy and get downvoted for taking top in both teams. Little kid gets twisted sideways because he was set on fire. Too much but all of these factors are affecting win rates. It goes well beyond just what shots are doing or limits of vehicles. Pull the pelvic helmets off staff... repair it or shut it down.

krietenstein34 #28 Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28261 battles
  • [HAHA]
WG is out to screw HAHA leader and deputy wthever I am. The fix is in cause they know we be the coolest
:girl:

Immel_man #29 Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:27 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52217 battles
  • [YODA_]
Oh good, it’s not just me.
I bought the chieftain mk6 the last sale, and despite similar, spots dpm, kdr, survival, every other metric being the close to the rest of my tier X heavies I can’t get this thing up above 50% win rate (47% over 154 battles). This despite playing at 58% in the E5 with almost identical stats. And I play almost all my tanks at my 57+ win rate.
It’s like WG has a hex on me driving this tank.

Silver_Lions #30 Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:35 PM

Illegitimi non Carborundum

• Players
  • 19450 battles
  • [GHOST]

View PostWhiskey_Upsurge, on 20 March 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

It's simple. It's no longer a game where your skill is the main determining factor on your WR. It's manipulated in a cyclical manner.

My 30 WR always used to be a gentle undulation up and down within a 1-2% range. Now, it's a 12% wild swing that is cyclical. It'll bounce from Combination of manipulation to RNG, gun dispersion, and pen. Those factors, they can always say that you were "unlucky" without ever disclosing any intentional manipulation and you'll never be able to "prove" otherwise. Combine that with maybe manipulating MM and there is definitely predetermined factor meant to make it harder for you to win at times that was never there before late January or so.  

I don't think it's the player base per se, as I don't feel that we have more stupid people in the world all of a sudden. We all saw new players rush through the tiers, I don't think accelerating that process changed the games this dramatically. BUT, taking said player base and manipulating the randomness of who gets on which team could could be a factor so that now, the stupid players have a more or less likely chance of winding up on your team during periods of time.

As someone who tries their hardest to win every game I enter and have made attempts to get better at the game, it takes the fun out of it to feel like the wins/losses are more out of the individuals control than they used to be.

^ This

__Crusader6__ #31 Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:50 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 58625 battles
  • [-C6-]

Observational Bias folks.   

Go look at your 30 - 60 - 90 

Then go look at your 30 - 60 - 90 in each tier.   

Most folks complaining have higher average tier play than usual. 

Tank Hoarder: 365 tanks in Garage:  366/368 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed. 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

_Cletus #32 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:38 AM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 22472 battles
  • [HAHA]

I think the problem is bots.  We'll, not just bots, it's really Skynet.  Of course they don't call it Skynet cause the name is already taken and it would be a little suspicious.  I call it Netsky.  Anyway, of course Netsky controls all the bots (there are no more than 6 or 7 per team).  But Netsky's true power is control of RNG and MM.  

There is one way to appease this techno god, and of course it's voodoo.  Regular readers know that half my skill comes from my voodoo game.  But since 5.5 I've learned to step it up.  I used to sacrifice chickens as part of my rituals for the Blitz God's, but since the introduction of Netsky I've had to step it up to goats.  It's a lot more expensive, but I gotta keep that WR up.  

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar by crpl_hicks

A good heavy driver knows how to make shots bounce off their armor, how to use cover while fighting at the front, when to get out there and just take the shot to protect his team, to keep the reds attention focused so his team can flank, and to consistently do damage while all of that happens.  

crpl_hicks #33 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5438 battles
  • [KOP]
Mmmmm the Colonel makes it finger licking good.  Did you remember to offer the gods some sides?

I wanna introduce you to a personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher.

_Cletus #34 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:50 AM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 22472 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Postcrpl_hicks, on 20 March 2019 - 06:43 PM, said:

Mmmmm the Colonel makes it finger licking good.  Did you remember to offer the gods some sides?

Now you tell me!  Sides would have been so much cheaper than the goats!

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar by crpl_hicks

A good heavy driver knows how to make shots bounce off their armor, how to use cover while fighting at the front, when to get out there and just take the shot to protect his team, to keep the reds attention focused so his team can flank, and to consistently do damage while all of that happens.  

crpl_hicks #35 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5438 battles
  • [KOP]

View Post_Cletus, on 20 March 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

Now you tell me!  Sides would have been so much cheaper than the goats!

LOL....Baaaaaa

Bellatormonk #36 Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:32 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 26419 battles
  • [MASHU]

Such crazy talk...I mean "it's a you thing" not MM or RNG combined with the worst player base since the game began right?  "It's not the tank, it's you"....what happened to all the rabid defenders???  It must be my observational bias when I talk about this subject in that I am shouted down like a white guy with red hair wearing a MAGA hat at an LGBTQWTFEVR rally in Dearborn, MI.

Oh...I found it..no less than 4 pages deep no less:

http://forum.wotblit...-a-you-problem/

Edited by Bellatormonk, 21 March 2019 - 02:42 PM.

Want to smile or laugh for the day, maybe even shoot coffee out your nose?  Click it...

1. https://imgur.com/a/nPWlNzw  2. imgur.com/a/8JuzgDc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users