should I go with the team regardless of if it's the right call?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

boppinbobby #1 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 48730 battles
  • [HJG2]

I was in a battle in the AMX AC48 on middleburg, 

call from a green star player was rush left. (into town)

My team has no meds but they had a super Persh and T49. We have me, a St Emil, a defender and some tier 7's 

everyone follows the leader but I Decide to try my luck on the hill, missed there as another youtubers clan player in the T49. met him at the top and he finished me off (but l was the last one to die as predictably, the town folk dies while window shopping). 

the aforementioned player called my game play out in the DM as being foolish (possibly but so was going town) and also called my command of the TD was bad (paraphrasing as he wasn't so kind). 

Looking him up after showed he was an ok player but had no experience of the French TD line so I called him ou t on that and to mind his P's and Q's. 

Just wonder if you all think I should have joined the massacre in town or would you do the same? 

i never saw the Super Persh.  

Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.

tedg5 #2 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:13 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 46306 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Yea, prob best with team instead of dying alone, at least you have company that way. :arta:

krietenstein34 #3 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27788 battles
  • [HAHA]

Sweet observation.    You townie you

:girl:

AKWolf1 #4 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:33 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 69642 battles
  • [CMIND]
Ahhhh go wherever you want I say!!!

zeur0sis #5 Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:32 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23502 battles
  • [-1]
With 48000 battles I’m sure you already know the answer to this question.  While unicums can make a significant difference in instances similar to this.  A team composed of regular players will usually win in a wolf pack rather than splitting up.  

"Mm sucks just like u r face.    Now Go cry on tissue not here." ~ raj

FlammeumDraco333 #6 Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:38 AM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]

View PostAKWolf1, on 20 March 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

Ahhhh go wherever you want I say!!!

Learn how this player managed to DESTROY is win-rate with this ONE EASY STEP!

As for your question OP, it's always better to go with the team. Going on your own will result in either you being totally out-gunned and wrecked without doing much, or your team being engaged in a 6 on 7 fight. Just go with your team, even if they go to a poor location. Worst case scenario you'll be able to at least match an enemy push there (you'll have 7 and they'll have 7), or will have your entire team together in one spot if you get flanked. Plus you can die with company.

View PostSystemrename, on 03 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

Sauce

If þou hæst ane anime līcnesse, þīne opinīoun mēneþ no-þing.

_Cletus #7 Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21011 battles
  • [HAHA]
Middleburg you should take the hill first.  If your team goes town it's a tough call.  You need to make the judgement based on the red team makeup.  If your team is going town it's probably a pretty heavy team, so chances are the reds are too, so their heavies are probably gonna go town.  So look at their meds and lights, consider if your meds and lights are going to be able to either beat them or run from them.  If so, go hill, cautiously.  But if you end up being the only one, and you know the reds have two meds and a fast light, you're best bet is to take your chances in town.  So yeah, it sounds like town would have been a better bet, but not a sure one.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar by crpl_hicks

A good heavy driver knows how to make shots bounce off their armor, how to use cover while fighting at the front, when to get out there and just take the shot to protect his team, to keep the reds attention focused so his team can flank, and to consistently do damage while all of that happens.  

p30_2 #8 Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:45 AM

Private

• Players
  • 44 battles
  • [OI1ST]
At this point with the players go to where you feel comfortable during battle

MarBearCat #9 Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:49 AM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22325 battles
  • [SDWA]

I would never go anywhere alone unless I was in a tank 4 tiers higher

and even then only with my Lucky Miles, er I mean rabbit's foot with me.

Edited by MarBearCat, 21 March 2019 - 11:50 AM.

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

Bachus131 #10 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:22 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20575 battles
  • [JAWZ]

I would have done the same on that map;  because if you can hold a few of them on the hill your team will at least have the numbers advantage in town and might be able to burn them down before the flankers arrive or you might get lucky and take out one or two then flank yourself turning thier guns around.

But it was probably one of those 25% of games you cannot win and in those cases just do as much damage as you can before they implode.

For those that are saying always follow the team you are forgetting the 'leaders' who are career campers spamming 'Hold Position' in spawn during a supremacy match ;) 

'Don't follow the lights, they will lead you to your DOOM'  ( Gollum )

acrisis #11 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20278 battles
  • [III-X]

To me it is very simple ...

Strength in numbers, especially if it is the right call, even if it is a bad call or the worst call possible. 

Typically the worst thing to do is to stubbornly go solo or duo, especially if you know red has the vehicles to meet you at the place you're going, then you stumble upon 5-7 reds and yep, it becomes a 5 green vs 7 reds battle after they deleted you and your toon mate. 

If somebody makes the wrong call, everybody follows, tag along ... maybe both teams circle the map a little then meet in the middle. Better than being dead alone in sixty seconds. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Gavidoc01 #12 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:39 PM

I Golded Level III

• Players
  • 37884 battles
  • [III]

For me it depends in the type of tank....If I was in a TD on Middleburg I wouldn't have gone hill but wouldn't have gone town either. I would have gone to the TD sniping spot and setup to support the morons who went town in the heavy alley and also be in a position to drop some shots into any flankers who made the mistake of yoloing into our spawn.

Many times if a call is made but fools go the opposite and I'm in a med/light I will still go the right way but I will go into passive spotting mode and will not engage. Moment I spot 1-3 I will disengage and hightail it for the rest of the team while telling them to "gogogogo" at the same time.

My Blitzstars

My WOTBStars

I'm a Wallet Warrior. Deal with it.

milesonaught #13 Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:45 PM

Uncle Salty

• Players
  • 16787 battles
  • [-1]

View PostGavidoc01, on 21 March 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

For me it depends in the type of tank....If I was in a TD on Middleburg I wouldn't have gone hill but wouldn't have gone town either. I would have gone to the TD sniping spot and setup to support the morons who went town in the heavy alley and also be in a position to drop some shots into any flankers who made the mistake of yoloing into our spawn.

Many times if a call is made but fools go the opposite and I'm in a med/light I will still go the right way but I will go into passive spotting mode and will not engage. Moment I spot 1-3 I will disengage and hightail it for the rest of the team while telling them to "gogogogo" at the same time.

And if I were in a light I would have run in circles near you until the reds either showed up on our side or I would have rushed the center of the hill for early spots up.

In these situations I don't exactly go with the team, but I don't abandon the team. If I know any other player I decide late and see what they are thinking. Deciding late is always a good idea if the team isn't doing winning things. If the meta says timing is the most important and everyone is sitting in spawn, I do weird things.

I don't go town and I won't go down so WarGaming is just ******* with me when they built a town on a hill.

BLACK is the new PURPLE

milesonaught #14 Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:50 PM

Uncle Salty

• Players
  • 16787 battles
  • [-1]

View Postacrisis, on 21 March 2019 - 07:29 AM, said:

To me it is very simple ...

Strength in numbers, especially if it is the right call, even if it is a bad call or the worst call possible.

Typically the worst thing to do is to stubbornly go solo or duo, especially if you know red has the vehicles to meet you at the place you're going, then you stumble upon 5-7 reds and yep, it becomes a 5 green vs 7 reds battle after they deleted you and your toon mate. 

If somebody makes the wrong call, everybody follows, tag along ... maybe both teams circle the map a little then meet in the middle. Better than being dead alone in sixty seconds.

I have two platoon mates that are stubborn as I am. There are cases for being late to the hill, the reds start coming down on the siren.. you become the crossfire. Pushing middle on Winter Mal is an analogy for it on most every map. Be late enough for the red spots to take them farther up and them also not to find anyone on a long flank.

I don't go town and I won't go down so WarGaming is just ******* with me when they built a town on a hill.

BLACK is the new PURPLE

Gojira5475 #15 Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34503 battles

Wolfpack can work....if your team doesn't just sit in the open and shoot until they blow up,usually a bad call means they'll do exactly that,I'll follow if everybody goes the stupid way but if a couple or better three or four go the right way I'm with them.

Or I'll just suicide,sit in base and wait for the reds to show and shoot a bit until I'm dead,I just don't care much anymore :sceptic:

9_V0LT #16 Posted 21 March 2019 - 04:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6923 battles
  • [OGRE]

To OP,

if you want a chance of winning the battle, go with your team. 

If all you want is a moral victory, then go your own way and righteously die alone. 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

AKWolf1 #17 Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 69642 battles
  • [CMIND]

View PostFlammeumDraco333, on 21 March 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

Learn how this player managed to DESTROY is win-rate with this ONE EASY STEP!

As for your question OP, it's always better to go with the team. Going on your own will result in either you being totally out-gunned and wrecked without doing much, or your team being engaged in a 6 on 7 fight. Just go with your team, even if they go to a poor location. Worst case scenario you'll be able to at least match an enemy push there (you'll have 7 and they'll have 7), or will have your entire team together in one spot if you get flanked. Plus you can die with company.

Obviously you have no concept of sarcasm!  

40_Percenter #18 Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33090 battles
  • [CRUEL]

Hold the line. Stay with me. If you find yourself aloneriding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Nobody likes 40 Percenters.  

MarBearCat #19 Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:16 PM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22325 battles
  • [SDWA]

View Post40_Percenter, on 21 March 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

Hold the line. Stay with me. If you find yourself aloneriding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!

Maximus Decimus Meridius

"Look, over the hill. I think they're friendly Indians"

-George Armstrong Custer

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

Absolute_Sniper #20 Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32633 battles
  • [CRU2L]
For me it’s simple. If I am alone and I run into the reds, can I escape in one piece? If the answer is yes, I will happily go off alone. I can’t tell you how many times on Middleburg I have gone hills all by myself only to find it empty. No reds or greens. From the hill I sit and farm damage and finally push down into town to finish off the remaining reds. Why would I start a game intentionally putting my tank in a bad position simply because the team went there? I won’t be as effective and I will constantly be waiting for our flank to get lit up because someone like me went the correct way and is farming us.  2 wrongs don’t make a right....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users