How do I St. Emil

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

TigerBrewed #1 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:07 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5754 battles
  • [-TFS]
Trying to grind out the last gun is horrible.  Wants more than 50k!  This thing can barely move and turn, got paper armor, and sticks out like a sore thumb, only thing it has is fantastic gun depression (which I've used successful about twice on a steep hill for peek-a-booming).  Last game I had to face a T34 in a 1v1, couldn't pen the tomato even with pramo spam and I'm catching fire with what seems like 50% of hits going into me.  Couldn't even flee fast enough as the heavy tank catches me in the side with HE.  Got waxed on waxed off every game like Mr. Miyagis meat beating session, four games and four losses.  How do you guys deal with this thing?

Edited by TigerBrewed, 21 March 2019 - 12:08 AM.

slayer_____ #2 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:08 AM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 39292 battles
  • [ATA2D]
Many don’t!

boris55555 #3 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:25 AM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 21027 battles
  • [MINC]

I personally love this tank. I just fell in love when I went back and rebought it. I was awful the first time. I think the depression, map awareness and learning when to advance are the keys. I think I managed a 57% wr the second time around. Which brought me to the lofty spot of about 52% overall.

im an emil nutt. I even enriched it a couple of times just to grind credits (ammo is so cheap). Hit me up in game. I’ll toon w you and see what can be seen. I’m not a great player by any means...but I do love this tank. I think I have 1400 battles in it. Correction: 1359 and 53% overall

Edited by boris55555, 21 March 2019 - 12:26 AM.

how many active clans do we have? Sound off: http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/100997-active-clans/

FlammeumDraco333 #4 Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:33 AM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]

The top gun makes the whole thing worth it. Nuking people for 460 alpha at Tier VII with fantastic pen is ultra-satisfying. I played it back before it got an armor buff and you could be penetrated frontally by 85mm HE and it was still a monster. That gun depression allows you to manufacture shots from any angle, and your great pen allows you to mop up the heavy tank spam at Tier VIII. It really is a beast when played correctly, and is quite fun as well. You only need to make three shots in order to do more than your own HP pool of damage, and it's crazy easy to do that with your great pen and decent gun handling. Everything after those 3 shots is pure profit, so just focus on getting those initial three in, and you should see immediate improvement. Stock gun is crap, so I'd recommend Free XPing the top gun ASAP, or using Mad Games to grind the XP you need without sacrificing your WR.

View PostSystemrename, on 03 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

Sauce

If þou hæst ane anime līcnesse, þīne opinīoun mēneþ no-þing.

TigerBrewed #5 Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:09 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5754 battles
  • [-TFS]

I appreciate the input, I understand the top gun is much better than the stock.  I'm sure I'll be performing better once I can unlock it

So I've been grinding my St Emil on Mad Games, since it doesn't apply to your WR, plus its ridiculously fun.

But I just got a message saying "Mad Games battle unavailable.  Battle type changed to regular."  Anyone else getting this?

richdubz #6 Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:44 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15133 battles
  • [SEMPF]

The main gun makes Emil wirth the effort.  It packs a wallop, has excellent depression, and it’s accurate enough that you can swat a tick off of a poodle’s butt from across the map. I was having a lot more fun in the tank when I hit my 100th and final game than I was at 50 battles using the stock gun.  If I weren’t busy grinding other tanks, I’d probably go back and play it some more.

The downside is that it’s very team dependent—I think more so than the average TD.  At 46.18%, Emil quite literally has the lowest average WR of EVERY TD in the game.

Your slow reload makes you a scrumptious appetizer to mediums and lights.  You need to stay near enough to your team to support them, and so they can support you too. You can really help your team out by putting the hurt on Red from cover, but if you get a team of chowder heads that insist on going town, you may be in for a disappointing game.  Sadly, that seemed to happen way too often.  I had an okay 1.65 damage ratio, but only a 49% WR.  You do the math.  I should probably go back and fix that.

Avoid towns if at all possible.  You need those rolling hills to hide behind and use your amazing depression to turn your enemies into crying puddles of Zoloft taking scrap.  If you have to go town because of the chowder heads, use the piles of rubble to get that gun depression into play.

Just remember that every hill is your friend, every bush on top of the hill is an even better friend, but most importantly, get a good team.  Seriously.

Edited by richdubz, 21 March 2019 - 10:46 AM.

NICKEL_AND_DIME #7 Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:06 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 52004 battles
  • [III]
Mudkip plays his Emil extremely well.  I got pointers from him, but I could not get it to work nearly as well as he did.  His comments on the Emil should be in some of the previous threads.

Vantablack12 #8 Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:24 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10108 battles
  • [419]
Don't get spotted ever.You need to know the maps so you can find the best spot to support your allies and escape if you feel threatened by enemies coming to close.Play Mad Games for the grind since it doesn't effect your stats.
I cant find anything to put here.

BorisBaddenov #9 Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:32 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 22892 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostTigerBrewed, on 20 March 2019 - 09:09 PM, said:

I appreciate the input, I understand the top gun is much better than the stock.  I'm sure I'll be performing better once I can unlock it

So I've been grinding my St Emil on Mad Games, since it doesn't apply to your WR, plus its ridiculously fun.

But I just got a message saying "Mad Games battle unavailable.  Battle type changed to regular."  Anyone else getting this?

Yeah .. Mad Games not available 24 hrs a day - they are targeting peak server population so as to mitigate wait times.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users