IS-6 T26E4 Lowe

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

WardaddyII #1 Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11536 battles
  • [2SLAP]

I am being offered the following bundle for 15K in gold. I’m tempted as I dont have any of these tanks and have been playing the VK28.01 and want to give it a rest for a while

This bundle includes:

• VIII IS-6
  • VIII T26E4 SuperPershing
  • VIII Löwe
  • 3 Garage slots
  • 9 equipment slots for each vehicle
  • Roaring Tiger Legendary avatar

You save 60% with this purchase!

The IS-6 is a battle-hardened heavy tank featuring a powerful gun and solid armor able to deflect shells. This makes it an excellent choice for blocking damage and breaking through enemy lines. 
The Löwe is a formidable and imperturbable heavy tank. Reliable armor and a strong turret allow the vehicle to repel shells, while a powerful gun with good penetration easily sends enemies back to the Garage. 
The T26E4 SuperPershing is a universal and reliable fighter. Good hull armor and a gun with an excellent reload time make up for the vehicle's low speed and vulnerable sides.

If you already have the IS-6 in your Garage, you will receive 3,040,000 credits as compensation when purchasing this bundle. Compensation for the T26E4 SuperPershing is 2,880,000 credits, and 3,000,000 credits—for the Löwe. 

Edited by WardaddyII, 02 April 2019 - 01:19 AM.

tankeatingtiger #2 Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:28 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 19611 battles
  • [DETH]

First off, please change the text to standard, boring black. Sorry to squash your creativeness but it's distracting.

Now for the bundle, the 3 tanks are all good to very good, and for an excellent price.

Problem is you. You really shouldn't be running around tier 8 with no tanks above 1k dmg. 

But hey it's your money and your stats, I don't care as long as you aren't on my team.

Bottom line, good deal but get gud before you buy it.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

“You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers

Gavidoc01 #3 Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:51 AM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 42560 battles
  • [III]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 01 April 2019 - 07:28 PM, said:

First off, please change the text to standard, boring black. Sorry to squash your creativeness but it's distracting.

Now for the bundle, the 3 tanks are all good to very good, and for an excellent price.

Problem is you. You really shouldn't be running around tier 8 with no tanks above 1k dmg. 

But hey it's your money and your stats, I don't care as long as you aren't on my team.

scratch what he said. Buy it, support the game and do poorly in them before you improve. More opportunities for me. Just be prepared to be raged at by low 50% players who think they are everyone’s gift to blitz while those of us who aren’t just continue to carry both of you. 

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

plsdontkillmexxx #4 Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9824 battles
  • [XHALE]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 02 April 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

We always get told this on this forum. But WG makes the rules for this game, not anyone here, and WG offer these tanks to anyone, and it's a good deal, so there's no reason why you shouldn't get it, if you can afford it. You're a better player than I am, or at least you have a higher WR, and I play in T8 and have success and good games there, with some of my T8 tanks having close to 50% WR. You will have better games in T8 than in the lower tiers as you're more likely to get teams that understand strategy and successful gameplay.

Edited by plsdontkillmexxx, 02 April 2019 - 01:15 AM.

Don't be fooled by my winrate. I'm really a unicum in disguise.

plsdontkillmexxx #5 Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9824 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostGavidoc01, on 02 April 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

scratch what he said. Buy it, support the game and do poorly in them before you improve. More opportunities for me. Just be prepared to be raged at by low 50% players who think they are everyone’s gift to blitz while those of us who aren’t just continue to carry both of you. 

:):great:

Edited by plsdontkillmexxx, 02 April 2019 - 01:14 AM.

Don't be fooled by my winrate. I'm really a unicum in disguise.

_Cletus #6 Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:27 AM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 25306 battles
  • [HAHA]

Hey buddy.  Don't mind those grumpy guses.  But what they are trying to say is yeah, it's a good deal for the tanks.  But we all know how to go to blitzstars.com and look at people's stats and get a pretty good idea on where that person's skill level is.  So you can buy the tanks but tier 8 is a really tough tier, it might not be fun for you given the level of competition there.  

My own biggest challenge is getting my survival rate higher and it looks like it's a challenge for you as well.  My unsolicited but free advice is to work on tier 5 and 6 and get that survival rate up before you try to play a lot of tier 8.  Try heavies, they are a little more survivable.  

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

Vacazion #7 Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:51 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 68109 battles
  • [MINE]

It’s a good deal.  The Löwe is the best of the bunch.  The IS6 used to be a very good tank but has been power creeped by other tanks and other IS variants.  The SP is a strong tank especially against newer players but experienced players can chew this thing up.  

For the value, I guess you can take WG’s 60% off at face value.  However, they are pricing in the 9 slots and probably the avatar.  I view these tanks at around 7500 gold each with no unlocked equipment.  I don’t don’t attribute the same gold value to slots that I can unlock for credits. 

For me, on the tanks, I’m assuming 1/3 off or by 2 get 1 free as the value proposition.  Even then, I’d still buy these tanks.  Ignore the person who said you shouldn’t buy tier 8 premiums.  Tier 8 premiums have been the standard for credit harvesting for players of all experience.  

Ace Mastery Badges: 304 tanks / Fav tank: Edelweiss & Std B / Worst tank: AT8&7 / Premium: 252U / Tier 10 fav: Fv4005 / Most OP: Smasher

____Zer0____ #8 Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32014 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View Post_Cletus, on 01 April 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

Hey buddy.  Don't mind those grumpy guses.  But what they are trying to say is yeah, it's a good deal for the tanks.  But we all know how to go to blitzstars.com and look at people's stats and get a pretty good idea on where that person's skill level is.  So you can buy the tanks but tier 8 is a really tough tier, it might not be fun for you given the level of competition there.  

My own biggest challenge is getting my survival rate higher and it looks like it's a challenge for you as well.  My unsolicited but free advice is to work on tier 5 and 6 and get that survival rate up before you try to play a lot of tier 8.  Try heavies, they are a little more survivable.  

Pretty much what he said.  The IS6 isn’t the greatest anymore and the SP could use a slight buff but it’s all good for the price. Just don’t buy them thinking it’s gonna help you win.   You could buy them now and keep practicing until you’re ready for higher tiers or at least YouTube them to see how better players play them.  

wrecker1968 #9 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 45733 battles
  • [HOUSE]
If you do buy them. Watch a video on how to angle your armor, Side scrape.    Good hunting, Have fun.

WardaddyII #10 Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11536 battles
  • [2SLAP]

Hay guys, thanks for the input. My stats don’t show it, but I’m a team player. It’s hard to be a team player and do your part when everyone is an individual. I want to do my part in the team. I’ve been playing the VK and if i’m with a team that works, it’s great. 

I’m hoping tier VIII has more cooperative and team oriented players.

Tier VI players are individuals and rarely coordinate. If when the countdown starts no one has made a call, I call a direction. I’m getting better at deciding when to give support or go rogue. If they want to slough it out and loose that’s up to them, but if they want to loose I’ll at least try to get a kill or two.

Being a light tank has it’s perks, but everyone wants to be the heavy.

WardaddyII #11 Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11536 battles
  • [2SLAP]

View Postwrecker1968, on 02 April 2019 - 03:44 AM, said:

If you do buy them. Watch a video on how to angle your armor, Side scrape.    Good hunting, Have fun.

I know how to side scrape, but making it first nature will take a while. I understand angeling, but it’s hard to figure when to use it in the heat of the battle.

WardaddyII #12 Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11536 battles
  • [2SLAP]

I should say that I only bought gold for the premium account. After buying a special gold buy and only using it for the premium account last June. I still have 24K and with the daily 500 gold I expect that when my premium account ends I will have enough to extend premium for another year after buying the Legends bundle. 

slayer_____ #13 Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:27 AM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 40305 battles
  • [ATA2D]

It’s a great deal, buy them. You are getting 3 tier 8 premium credit printers for 5000 gold each. They sell for 7400-7600 gold, normally. Not to mention they are fully equipped or loaded as a car dealer would say. As far as the naysayers, do what you want. The opportunity is there for all. If you are driven by stats or think you will be, watch you tube contributor videos on them. All 3 tanks have been power crept but can be effective in knowledge hands. 

Many players struggle before 10,000 battles. Have at it. 

Player_39363936 #14 Posted 02 April 2019 - 05:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 69963 battles
  • [EWENS]

Anyone arguing for keeping the high tiers pure from bad players and noobs   ...  

That ship has sailed   ...

Marlajane11 #15 Posted 02 April 2019 - 05:10 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 56237 battles

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 01 April 2019 - 07:09 PM, said:

We always get told this on this forum. But WG makes the rules for this game, not anyone here, and WG offer these tanks to anyone, and it's a good deal, so there's no reason why you shouldn't get it, if you can afford it. You're a better player than I am, or at least you have a higher WR, and I play in T8 and have success and good games there, with some of my T8 tanks having close to 50% WR. You will have better games in T8 than in the lower tiers as you're more likely to get teams that understand strategy and successful gameplay.

This is exactly why random match maker is the absolute worst way of setting up teams for the enjoyment of the players. There is zero in game incentive for players to improve themselves, because players have a reserved spot in any game they want no matter how much they troll, AFK or just show up with no clue how to contribute. It also encourages noob players to argue with and mouth off to more experienced players. There is no sport that could work this way. If I go to the park to play soccer with the mexicans, they expect me to be able to keep up with them and they won’t let me play just so I can spend my time on the soccer field. They have no obligation to let me play with them. So, not only do I have to bring value to the game in terms of skill, but I also cannot troll of flame other players or I will be asked to leave. This is where the toxicity of the game comes from, that lack of control over the behavior of players who share teams. And as long as enough people are gonna take advantage of the situation to have fun at the expense of others’ fun, it only encourages players to try and control the situation by shaming and behaving in a tit for tat way. Ditch random match maker and you get rid of a lot of the salt. Also, when players choose a team and play several games with the same team, it encourages a sense of responsibilty to the team and players have a tendency to listen to teams they chose as opposed to players that get “assigned” to their teams.

Edited by Marlajane11, 02 April 2019 - 05:14 AM.

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #16 Posted 02 April 2019 - 05:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13632 battles
  • [HATED]

View PostGavidoc01, on 01 April 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

scratch what he said. Buy it, support the game and do poorly in them before you improve. More opportunities for me. Just be prepared to be raged at by low 50% players who think they are everyone’s gift to blitz while those of us who aren’t just continue to carry both of you

The bolded text is strangely self-contradictory, if I'm going to be honest, but pointless to argue as OP seems to have already bought the bundle.

View PostWardaddyII, on 01 April 2019 - 10:11 PM, said:

Hay guys, thanks for the input. My stats don’t show it, but I’m a team player. It’s hard to be a team player and do your part when everyone is an individual. I want to do my part in the team. I’ve been playing the VK and if i’m with a team that works, it’s great. 

Tier VI players are individuals and rarely coordinate. If when the countdown starts no one has made a call, I call a direction. I’m getting better at deciding when to give support or go rogue. If they want to slough it out and loose that’s up to them, but if they want to loose I’ll at least try to get a kill or two.

Being a light tank has it’s perks, but everyone wants to be the heavy.

What do you mean by "team player"? What are specific examples of "team oriented" playing? I feel, as a light/medium player who tried and failed at heavies, that heavies require a specific and set playstyle to be successful, much more so than the tanks I'm used to playing. If you apply the same "team player" mindset from the Vk 28 to the Lowe or IS6, you're really going to struggle.

Another thing—there is rarely any coordination between teammates, to the point where teamplay is actually detrimental to the team's success. For example: if you make an aggressive play and trust that your teammates will be there to cover and support you, 99 out of 100 times they will completely fail you and leave you to die, simply because the playerbase is so bad. And I'm not referring to drunkards yoloing into 5 enemies and berating their team with a postmortem rant; it's more like if a unicum locates an isolated opponent and makes a correct push, only to have their team camp spawn, etc. Thus, if you want to win and make the largest possible contribution to your team, you have to maximize your own individual impact.

Zuke76 #17 Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:08 PM

Get zuked

• Players
  • 17660 battles
  • [FL-TH]

View PostWardaddyII, on 02 April 2019 - 04:11 AM, said:

It doesn't trust me, I don't think you would like it at all tbh, just my opinion though, have fun :)

_Cletus #18 Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:33 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 25306 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostWardaddyII, on 01 April 2019 - 10:11 PM, said:\ 

I like an optimist!  This is gonna be tough not only jumping to tier 8 but also switching from a light tank playstyle to a heavy.

If you're gonna do tier 8 heavies, I'd focus on the lowe.  The SuperP seems like it would be tough to play, and the IS-6 with it's pike nose isn't the heavy to learn about sidescraping and angling on, so I'd advise focusing on playing with the lowe at first.  It's got great penetration and pretty good frontal armor.  The sides are relatively weak.  Generally if someone is pointing their gun at you angle the tank 10 or 15 degrees, and just kind of wiggle around, there's a good chance you'll block their shots.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

acrisis #19 Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20542 battles
  • [III]
It is a great deal, buy it, keep practicing, proceed with caution, every tier has the same issues and challenges ... both individually with mastering the tank you drive and dealing with new enemy vehicles ... and teams are just as challenging. Countless 30&40% wr players buy big tanks, thinking they'll be king of the hill now and out of the little league atmosphere. Ah, nope. If anything the higher the tier, the less forgiving individual player and team mistakes are. If one can't carry in in tier 3-6 with some shades of blue and purple ... one won't in the upper tiers. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

GentleNova #20 Posted 02 April 2019 - 06:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27810 battles
  • [SRT_]

It is definitely a great deal in terms of savings, especially since all of them are great credit earners...but that credit earning is completely dependent upon how well you play them.

Lowe is your best bet to start playing first. Super Pershing requires way more skill and understanding to play. And IS6 is no where as good as it used to be (due to power creep), so wouldn’t recommend playing it at all...until hopefully Wargaming buffs it (cmon where’s that Russian bias we used to rely upon Wargaming?). 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users