My thoughts on the amx 30b + video

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

MuCeffy #1 Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:05 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28110 battles
  • [_V_]

So I derped out 100$ and got the amx 30b. In total I walked away with the tank and 410,000 free exp.

Do I think it’s better than the leo? Yes.

do I think it’s better than the STB or Patton? No. 

The good:

Mobility - It’s mobility is absolutely incredible, it accelerates slower than a batchat or leo but once it gets to speed it’s a rocket. It’s traverse is equally as impressive and god forbid any poor heavy tank that’s alone as you’ll be able to circle it with ease. It’s reverse speed is also nice, nothing amazing but you’ll be able to back into cover pretty quickly.

The meh: 

The turret - While overall solid its still pretty much paper for good players. The cupola is an obvious weak spot but not many realize the cheeks are also pennable. This can quickly make a normally strong turret feel like your playing a leopard 1. However, against the majority population the 30b turret is more than adiquate and I’d go as far to say superior to the stb turret. But this overall sence of unreliability can really pack on the battle stress, especially when you see good players on red. 

The ugly:

The gun - The only thing holding the tank back from being solid tier x medium. It fails at all of the big 3 when it comes to guns in blitz. It’s reload of 6.9 with full provisions and rammer so it has horrible DPM, it’s got the worse gun handling of any medium at tier 10, and it’s got lackluster pen. 

Overview:

Its so close to being an exceptionally well balanced tank. The speed is liberating and having a decent turret feels good but for me at least the gun really just drags the tank through the mud. The bad dispersion and aim time means you really have to expose your turret for a while before you can confidently make an accurate shot. This gives the enemies plenty of time to put a return shot into your weak spots while you may still end up doing no damage due to the low pen numbers, bouncing off grey armor is a common occurrence for this tank. To counter this, you need to do a lot more peakaboom than you’d want to be doing meaning that a large amount of your shots are 100% rng based if they do damage or not. 

Imo a aim time buff is really all the tank needs to be perfect. 

Video with opening the crates and a few good games: 

Peace and War §

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWjPt3t9YfRELnF49qzMjPQ

~ Fighting This Same Old War ~

wrecker1968 #2 Posted 06 April 2019 - 11:00 AM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 54790 battles
  • [HOUSE]
Sounds like a really good tank. Just  Keep moving.

minitel_NA #3 Posted 06 April 2019 - 11:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]
Thanks for reporting

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

slayer_____ #4 Posted 06 April 2019 - 01:18 PM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 40379 battles
  • [ATA2D]
I was happy to see a 39% player with 1400 battles driving one last night. Good job WG! 

Morphman11 #5 Posted 06 April 2019 - 03:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles
You are drunk, the dpm is on the higher end for the 105 guns.

_AzorAhai #6 Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:24 PM

The IT guy

• Players
  • 44736 battles
  • [BDSMR]

View PostMorphman11, on 06 April 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

You are drunk, the dpm is on the higher end for the 105 guns.

What do you get in life out of trolling other people? People come here looking for a little bit of help, and uninformed posts that try and make a decent opinion on the tank look flawed ruin it for people. Seriously go troll a different game.

LYE Discord: DUX2Pr4 | Void Discord: yNVEZSH | Blitz Discord sR2X6Hp  

Click Image for My YouTube Channel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users