Jump to content


The Map You Hate The Most?

Maps PC

  • Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Poll: The map you hate the most (49 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

If you could remove 2 maps from rotation which ones would be?

  1. Dessert Sands (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  2. Middleburg (4 votes [6.78%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 6.78%

  3. Dead Rail (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  4. Falls Creek (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  5. Black Goldville (4 votes [6.78%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 6.78%

  6. Mines (9 votes [15.25%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 15.25%

  7. Rockfield (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  8. Castilla (1 vote [1.69%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 1.69%

  9. Mayan Ruins (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  10. Canyon (1 vote [1.69%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 1.69%

  11. Winter Malivnovka (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  12. Canals (4 votes [6.78%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 6.78%

  13. Oasis Palms (3 votes [5.08%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 5.08%

  14. Fort Despair (5 votes [8.47%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.47%

  15. Lost Temple (4 votes [6.78%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 6.78%

  16. Vineyards (2 votes [3.39%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 3.39%

  17. Port Bay (2 votes [3.39%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 3.39%

  18. Himmelsdorf (10 votes [16.95%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 16.95%

  19. Mirage (3 votes [5.08%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 5.08%

  20. Copper Field (7 votes [11.86%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 11.86%

More maps (if you already casted 2 votes up dont cast here)

  1. Yamatos Harbour (2 votes [4.08%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 4.08%

  2. Dynastys Pearl (32 votes [65.31%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 65.31%

  3. Faust (10 votes [20.41%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 20.41%

  4. Normandy (4 votes [8.16%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.16%

  5. Naval Frontier (1 vote [2.04%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.04%

Vote Hide poll

TO_Dominator #41 Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:50 PM

    Divine Punishment

  • Players
  • 10761 battles
  • 2,819
  • [SASK2]
  • Member since:
    09-26-2017
Spoiler

Oasis Palms and Dynasties Pearl. 

 

Oasis palms because the devs had the ingenious idea to elevate the town above the hills. The hills themselves are positioned vertically, meaning there is terrible cover. The town and heavy hill are equally bad, because mediums have absolutely no chance to utilize their abilities there. And the whole map is a campfest. 

 

Dynasties Pearl is a town map. There is only one good position on the map, and that's the area of the hill that's closest to the encounter cap. The rest of the map is garbage. 

 

Faust makes it on my least favourite map list too, because maps that support lemming trains suck. 

 

The medium flank on himmelsdorf needs a major change. Maybe make it a slag pile or something. And the middle of the map needs to be changed so that it can actually be utilized. The map is great for heavies, but heavies still need to go the medium flank to take out the enemy meds which always guarantees a win. In the end, it's still a lemming train map.


Edited by TO_Dominator, 15 April 2019 - 12:55 PM.

"Blitz" can't exist within a world of TDs.

Blartch #42 Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:27 PM

    Causer of Unrest

  • Players
  • 61293 battles
  • 8,276
  • [BRSKT]
  • Member since:
    05-01-2015

If you've ever seen me on Dynasty's Pearl, I begin (almost) every match advocating: "Delete this map.  Murder its creators."



_Cletus #43 Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:41 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 25369 battles
  • 4,542
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

I agree with the majority on Faust, that map is not fun.  

 

I think Dynasty's Pearl would be better if the park was twice as big.  There's plenty of fun for the heavies on the other side but the park, while it does have plenty of hull down spots, is still too small for meds and lights to zip around and do their thing, IMO.


https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

 

sFkBFSc.jpg

 

ShootinSabot #44 Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:18 PM

    Excelling at Mediocrity

  • Players
  • 21257 battles
  • 1,070
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    12-02-2016

The only map I truly dislike is Copperfield. There are no options on this map. The meds have to go med rout and the heavies have to take the heavy route, if the team gives up one side, it is an auto-loss. I don't think any other map has such a well defined action to get a chance of a win. Middleburg can be won in town, I know, not always but it does happen, the hill on Mines is not an auto-loss and the valley can work on Lost Temple but leave one side uncontested on Copperfield and there is almost no chance of a win.

I also down voted Fort Despair just because it has been seen so often.


                                      

Full time Spud, part time potato 

              Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 


ARandomGenieGuy #45 Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:57 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18072 battles
  • 1,884
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

View Post_Cletus, on 15 April 2019 - 08:41 AM, said:

I agree with the majority on Faust, that map is not fun.  

 

I think Dynasty's Pearl would be better if the park was twice as big.  There's plenty of fun for the heavies on the other side but the park, while it does have plenty of hull down spots, is still too small for meds and lights to zip around and do their thing, IMO.

This. It feels like a miniature playground the park, I feel claustrophobic every time I go there. If it was twice as big, it could have some cool battles. 



ARandomGenieGuy #46 Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:00 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18072 battles
  • 1,884
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

View PostShootinSabot, on 15 April 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

The only map I truly dislike is Copperfield. There are no options on this map. The meds have to go med rout and the heavies have to take the heavy route, if the team gives up one side, it is an auto-loss. I don't think any other map has such a well defined action to get a chance of a win. Middleburg can be won in town, I know, not always but it does happen, the hill on Mines is not an auto-loss and the valley can work on Lost Temple but leave one side uncontested on Copperfield and there is almost no chance of a win.

I also down voted Fort Despair just because it has been seen so often.

Yup the map sucks. Its also very primitive in design and very small. It should only be in rotation for tiers 1-4. I remember whrn that map was on rotation for every tier. The tier X battles...



ARandomGenieGuy #47 Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:02 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18072 battles
  • 1,884
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014
I dont know whats all the hate with Lost Temple. Its a fun map as long as you control the center, have some support and know how to take pot shots.

Apeman1970 #48 Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:27 PM

    dark black past

  • Players
  • 17764 battles
  • 344
  • [MOM]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

I haven't been seeing Lost temple very much, is it low tiers mainly now?

Himmelsdorf and Dynasties Pearl were my votes.



twirlingtowardsfreedom #49 Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:08 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 31074 battles
  • 346
  • Member since:
    12-04-2014

Strike out Dynasty Pearl and Fort Despair for me. I enjoyed DP at first - good aesthetic design, unique lighting, but the gameplay on it has gotten formulaic and boring. Adding more lanes or loops in the town area - maybe even a town hill - would be a fun fix. For Fort Despair, I'm just tired of seeing it, and watching people lock themselves down at C.

 

Why the hate for Faust? With the varying elevation levels the map is huge and rewards a ton of fun medium and light shenanigans. I've grown to love it, even if I stare at the dots on the map and my surroundings in confusion at times.

 

Normandy is awesome, but beach is approaching town @ Middleburg/Black Goldville as a Turing test.



Herbie_N124 #50 Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:54 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13001 battles
  • 935
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    12-07-2013

Faust, or "The Mall".   As if it wasn't bad enough losing a supremacy match because I drove onto the wrong level of the damn parking garage to get the last 1-hit tank, within the same day a KV-2 dropped down on me from above in that same area killing me instantly.  The only tanks who are ever in the "right lane" of the parking garage are the red heavies and TD's when I come screeching around the corner on one track in my light/med.  

 

Mines, after surviving the fight for the hill to then get derped by a TD who just woke up and hasn't moved from spawn yet i play iPad frisbee.   I swear they just sit AFK eating Cheetos and Mt. Dew until I show up at the opening on the hilltop.   They are aligning the shot with one hand while licking Cheeto dust off the other...and the chat goes "boom".  

 

Fort Despair, where you can go face-hug heavies at C, die getting shot from both sides at B, or sit in the middle of derp-bait A.    All the while 3 of your teammates are sitting in the 1st bush at the corner.  

 

As a light / med driver, every map with a hill/dunes vs. town option.    Either die in the hill/dunes alone, or go town with everyone else and die face-hugging heavies.   

 

 

View Posttruman1000, on 15 April 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

 I enjoyed DP at first

 me too, but it always get awkward afterwards wondering who-touched-who-where accidentally and then wondering if I should stay for breakfast.  


It's a game, not a d!ck.   Don't take it so hard.  

ARandomGenieGuy #51 Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:59 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18072 battles
  • 1,884
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

View Posttruman1000, on 15 April 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

Strike out Dynasty Pearl and Fort Despair for me. I enjoyed DP at first - good aesthetic design, unique lighting, but the gameplay on it has gotten formulaic and boring. Adding more lanes or loops in the town area - maybe even a town hill - would be a fun fix. For Fort Despair, I'm just tired of seeing it, and watching people lock themselves down at C.

 

Why the hate for Faust? With the varying elevation levels the map is huge and rewards a ton of fun medium and light shenanigans. I've grown to love it, even if I stare at the dots on the map and my surroundings in confusion at times.

 

Normandy is awesome, but beach is approaching town @ Middleburg/Black Goldville as a Turing test.

Going to the beach is futile. It removes whoever goes there from the battle. Agreed but at least very few people go there. In middleburg and blackgoldville though its a fight for people to listen to you instead of the 40% yolo. I guess people connect with others with the same amount of intelligence or stupidity in this case...

 



ARandomGenieGuy #52 Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:06 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18072 battles
  • 1,884
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 14 April 2019 - 07:09 PM, said:

 

Yes. And speaking of Faust.. in a game recently my tank was on the lower level, and a KV2 jumped off the upper level onto it and killed it! :amazed: Horrible big fat thing that it is..

 

View PostHerbie_N124, on 15 April 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

Faust, or "The Mall".   As if it wasn't bad enough losing a supremacy match because I drove onto the wrong level of the damn parking garage to get the last 1-hit tank, within the same day a KV-2 dropped down on me from above in that same area killing me instantly.  

Lol. I think Faust is cloudy with a chance of KV2s falling fron the skies :teethhappy:


Edited by ARandomGenieGuy, 16 April 2019 - 12:08 AM.


__Crusader6__ #53 Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:57 AM

    Annoying Mod

  • Players
  • 60377 battles
  • 11,827
  • [-C6-]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
I like Faust.  
 
Tank Hoarder: 386 tanks in Garage:  381/390 aced,    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

 


ARandomGenieGuy #54 Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:29 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18072 battles
  • 1,884
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

From the current poll we can see that all maps are balanced, with neither reaching more than 20% of votes, except for one who took the cake with an astounding almost 70% of votes, Dynastys Pearl. I think it took no one by surprise since this map is crap. I didn't expect a 70% of votes though so it's mega crap. The runners up are Faust, himmelsdorf and mines, which I can understand in the case of mines, make the hill area a little bigger like in pc version. In himmelsdorf the medium route is quite garbage, just a graveyard, maybe rework that, and for the case of Faust some hate it others love it so I don't know about that one. But they have less than 20% which means Wg did a good job with maps, with the exception we talked before,maybe they were on an acid trip. 


Edited by ARandomGenieGuy, 16 April 2019 - 02:30 PM.


_Cletus #55 Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:05 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 25369 battles
  • 4,542
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View PostARandomGenieGuy, on 16 April 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

From the current poll we can see that all maps are balanced, with neither reaching more than 20% of votes, except for one who took the cake with an astounding almost 70% of votes, Dynastys Pearl. I think it took no one by surprise since this map is crap. I didn't expect a 70% of votes though so it's mega crap. The runners up are Faust, himmelsdorf and mines, which I can understand in the case of mines, make the hill area a little bigger like in pc version. In himmelsdorf the medium route is quite garbage, just a graveyard, maybe rework that, and for the case of Faust some hate it others love it so I don't know about that one. But they have less than 20% which means Wg did a good job with maps, with the exception we talked before,maybe they were on an acid trip. 

 

Dynasty's Pearl is no surprise.  Faust was not either, except surprised in the fact it didn't get more votes.  Himmelsdorf is not medium friendly but heavy drivers love it.  Mines has been removed from upper tier play, which I think is correct, it just doesn't have enough strategic options for higher tier play.  I think it's a good lower tier map though.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

 

sFkBFSc.jpg

 

__Crusader6__ #56 Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:48 PM

    Annoying Mod

  • Players
  • 60377 battles
  • 11,827
  • [-C6-]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View Post_Cletus, on 16 April 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

 

Dynasty's Pearl is no surprise.  Faust was not either, except surprised in the fact it didn't get more votes.  Himmelsdorf is not medium friendly but heavy drivers love it.  Mines has been removed from upper tier play, which I think is correct, it just doesn't have enough strategic options for higher tier play.  I think it's a good lower tier map though.

 

Mines is still available in tier X.   

 

I like Dynasty’s Hurl in Supremacy- it just sucks in Encounter.  

 

Himmelsdorf, I love in some tanks - others I just cringe, it’s a map where it’s hard to carry the utter incompetent. 

 

There are a slew of maps that stink in one mode and not the other.  

 


 
Tank Hoarder: 386 tanks in Garage:  381/390 aced,    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

 


_Cletus #57 Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:54 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 25369 battles
  • 4,542
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View Post__Crusader6__, on 16 April 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

 

Mines is still available in tier X.   

 

I like Dynasty’s Hurl in Supremacy- it just sucks in Encounter.  

 

Himmelsdorf, I love in some tanks - others I just cringe, it’s a map where it’s hard to carry the utter incompetent. 

 

There are a slew of maps that stink in one mode and not the other.  

 

 

You know what, I was thinking of Copperfield, not Mines.  Good correction amigo.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

 

sFkBFSc.jpg

 

jahawa #58 Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:02 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17721 battles
  • 1,230
  • [SPUDX]
  • Member since:
    11-14-2015

So no one has mentioned Castilla. I do not do well in high tier heavies without depression. I hate going to the mill. I will generally try to spot by peaking over the hill to keep red lit up. But you have to be careful of flanking shots from the church. 

 

Meds give you more options there. 

 

Any advice on how to drive Russian heavies there’s?



ARandomGenieGuy #59 Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:53 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18072 battles
  • 1,884
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

View Post_Cletus, on 16 April 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

 

Dynasty's Pearl is no surprise.  Faust was not either, except surprised in the fact it didn't get more votes.  Himmelsdorf is not medium friendly but heavy drivers love it.  Mines has been removed from upper tier play, which I think is correct, it just doesn't have enough strategic options for higher tier play.  I think it's a good lower tier map though.

I just played mines on my object 140. :sceptic:

Im also shocked that Faust is very polar, I thought many more hated it, but I learned from this experiment. Himmelsdorf is a fun map when I take my heavies for a walk. Although it could have been way cooler if the castle on the original map was added. 



ARandomGenieGuy #60 Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:59 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18072 battles
  • 1,884
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

View Postjahawa, on 16 April 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

So no one has mentioned Castilla. I do not do well in high tier heavies without depression. I hate going to the mill. I will generally try to spot by peaking over the hill to keep red lit up. But you have to be careful of flanking shots from the church. 

 

Meds give you more options there. 

 

Any advice on how to drive Russian heavies there’s?

I read from somewhere on the forums that going to the mill is a necessary sacrifice if youre a heavy. I also hate the map when Im a heavy and meds fk up their flank and you get crossfired. Maybe do a blitzkrieg attack before you can get flanked. 







Also tagged with Maps, PC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users