Avatars: Well yes, but actually no...

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Avatar Feedback (32 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you think avatars are good for the game?

1. Yes (6 votes [18.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

2. No (26 votes [81.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 81.25%

Would you consider yourself a casual player, hardcore gamer, or a professional player?

1. Casual (14 votes [43.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

2. Hardcore (12 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

3. Professional (6 votes [18.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

Would you want a new avatar system or a fix to the old one?

1. Keep the one we have (4 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. Make a new one (13 votes [40.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.62%

3. Fix the one we have (15 votes [46.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.88%

Vote Hide poll

jtag20 #1 Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 26068 battles
  • [HATED]

Why we hate avatars: We either don't need them and therefore find them a waste, we don't know how to use them, or we hate the fact that instead of getting loot from daily crates, we get these things we don't care about instead. 

Why people like avatars: It allows them to show that they care about the game, is a gimmick they appreciate, enjoy the aesthetic, and allows them to show off. 

How do we fix what people hate about avatars? Stop getting them in daily crates, or once you've already gotten one, can never find it again, and if you do, receive credit or booster compensation, or never finding an avatar you already own. 

How do we keep what people like about avatars? Make us earn them to show off our achievements. When you buy a premium, you get an avatar, and it lets people look cool in battle. When you win the spring season qualifiers and make it to the professional tournaments, you get a PRO avatar (Loving mine tbh, although I get tunneled a lot, #proudtobetunnneled). If you play in the spring season, you get a spring season avatar. These are great because it allows players to get recognition they otherwise might not in game, and as a pro player whenever I see someone using a spring season avatar I know they must be decent, which is surprisingly reassuring. 

How would a new avatar system work? 

A new system I propose follows these rules: Avatars will not be found in daily crates. Common avatars can be purchased with small amounts of credits, earned by missions as a side bonus, and will never disappear over time. Once you have an avatar, you cannot get rid of it, unless it's a seasonal avatar, such as the current spring season avatar, which will disappear once the season has ended. Avatars can be bought with premium tanks as a bundle, or can be earned by doing something big within the game, such as making it to the professional tournament, winning a clan war, researching all the tech tree tanks, or acing every tank in the game. Maybe there are more I missed, who knows, but these were the ones I could come up with.

Would you want this type of system?

I don't know, you tell me. -Jtag20 [HATED] 

Gojira5475 #2 Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:54 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 43600 battles
I can't get on the poll because I just don't give a flip,just more glitz for those who care a lot about that,now me? I use them because they give to me so~meh whatever.

Modern_Neanderthal #3 Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:14 AM

Sedentary Nomad

• Players
  • 50840 battles
  • [BOWL]

I despise avatars and have since they came out. Not only because they clog up the loot crates - which I admit is complaining about free stuff, I get it - but mostly because they serve absolutely no purpose. At least with the spare parts debacle, the spare parts did something, they unlocked equipment. What do avatars do? Show people I spent $44.99 on a Kpz70? 

What you are proposing is at least a move in the right direction. Win a tournament? Special avatar. Win 10 matches in a row? Special avatar. Surpass 50000 games played? Special avatar, etc

Even better, what if avatars could impact your tank somehow? Something minor, but helpful similar to low level crew skills. Improved view range by 5%? Increase reverse speed by 3%? 

I may actually install one if WG changed the avatars to something useful. 

BodyCount37 #4 Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:38 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20381 battles
  • [A-R-C]

View PostModern_Neanderthal, on 16 April 2019 - 03:14 AM, said:

I despise avatars and have since they came out. Not only because they clog up the loot crates - which I admit is complaining about free stuff, I get it - but mostly because they serve absolutely no purpose. At least with the spare parts debacle, the spare parts did something, they unlocked equipment. What do avatars do? Show people I spent $44.99 on a Kpz70? 

What you are proposing is at least a move in the right direction. Win a tournament? Special avatar. Win 10 matches in a row? Special avatar. Surpass 50000 games played? Special avatar, etc

Even better, what if avatars could impact your tank somehow? Something minor, but helpful similar to low level crew skills. Improved view range by 5%? Increase reverse speed by 3%? 

I may actually install one if WG changed the avatars to something useful. 

Sounds like a good idea to me, I would use them if they did something, maybe like 10% credit profit, or +3% track strength  or +1 AP pen would definitely make them worth the use and worth getting rewarded with special avatars for achievements. 

#HelpStopTheISSpamToday

Proud to be an American medium tank player.

Proud owner of HEAT and APCR Rounds, loyal Pramo supporter

Russian mediums can go burn in Hell

1008170491.png Unicums in E50 M's can go deepthroat some good old fashion Cola

4sfield #5 Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:55 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]
  How about the default avatar be the current mastery level of the tank your using? That would be more useful than a picture that doesn’t mean anything. 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

ARandomGenieGuy #6 Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18072 battles
Honestly I dont give af about avatars. They serve a function, being sh¡t loot. If avatars were actually earned by missions or medals, like have this avatar for having 10 rasenais it would actually give value to avatars. In the current form couldnt care less about em. 

djhiz #7 Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:55 AM

Never Say Die

• Players
  • 20358 battles
  • [F2K]

View PostModern_Neanderthal, on 16 April 2019 - 03:14 AM, said:

You and I both know Wargaming would monetize the heck out of that...

"Common sense is not so common"

- Voltaire Jingles

FlammeumDraco333 #8 Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:06 AM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]
I strongly agree with these ideas.

View PostSystemrename, on 03 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

Sauce

If þou hæst ane anime līcnesse, þīne opinīoun mēneþ no-þing.

__Frostbite #9 Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:01 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 29008 battles
  • [-0]
I honestly didn't care about avatars from the start. I was indifferent really, they were purely cosmetic so I couldn't really care.

Then the hate threads started popping up. Why?? I mean, if you care that you're not getting as many boosters from crates now and you're getting avatars, you gotta pick your fights. It's just not worth it to launch a crusade against them. 

Now, the avatars are actually looking cooler and cooler. Of course, I'd never buy a package as the avatar as a reason, but I don't mind sporting my Eagle Eye or Falcon's Head with pride. It looks cool, why would I not use it?

The more hate that comes for avatars, the more proudly I'll sport mine. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WipWapJaws #10 Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:49 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 47572 battles
  • [WKD]

I like what Blitz Boats has done with avatars. Their avatar are ship captain portraits,  most at the start are WWII captains from a range of countries.  But over time with events you win some or you earn some, it does nothing for you in game but can be a status symbol.   For instance having Van Helsing was a prize for last years Halloween event. Santa and a bunch of Pixies for the Christmas event.  The one I run (Veteran Fleet Admiral) was awarded to players who had been with the game from the start.  

As a side note have a look at Blitz Boats,  Its a bit slow for me but the way it rewards players and the range of incentives for players to play is miles ahead of tanks

Edited by WipWapJaws, 16 April 2019 - 10:52 AM.

Modern_Neanderthal #11 Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:12 AM

Sedentary Nomad

• Players
  • 50840 battles
  • [BOWL]

View Postdjhiz, on 16 April 2019 - 04:55 AM, said:

You and I both know Wargaming would monetize the heck out of that...

Like boosters? Yeah I can by them (I never have). I guess avatars are monetized to a point now, aren't they? They are used as an incentive to make purchases: buy the Blaze and we'll through in all of the equipment slots, a garage slot, and a really cool dragon eye avatar....

acrisis #12 Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20703 battles
  • [III-C]
All the feedback about avatars has been given many times over, they're not going away, WG will simply tweak it. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

tedg5 #13 Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:02 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 53963 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Poll was flawed, 1Q needed a choice of “meh”. I don’t mind them, but don’t “like” them. :sceptic: I see some potential for the future, and think that is where WG is going. Of course they have let me down with thier decisions so many times I don’t know why I think that. :amazed:

VelociTanker #14 Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15783 battles
  • [III-R]
The only proper answer is no, avatars are a waste of time. That simple fact has nothing to do with your gameplay style and certainly doesn't merit consideration of fix or replace.

Bias Much? KV-1 blocks 5,525 damage / 6 kills  / T34-1 2809 dmg Kolobanov replay on Mines

5.5 aka "The Great Nerfening" © VelociTanker LLC

Morphman11 #15 Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles
Yes, yes, yes. Make avatars part of a pay to win system. Do you think before posting?

RonaldusMaximus_ #16 Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:39 PM

Vote: Cletus/Ronaldus 2020

• Players
  • 13084 battles
  • [III-C]
I think Forum members should be able to use their forum avatars so we can recognize each other.

Modern_Neanderthal #17 Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:58 PM

Sedentary Nomad

• Players
  • 50840 battles
  • [BOWL]

View PostMorphman11, on 16 April 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

Yes, yes, yes. Make avatars part of a pay to win system. Do you think before posting?

ok, so let's get rid of premium time, enrichment, premium vehicles, buying gold and being able to use gold to convert xp to free xp, .......I mean, it's all pay to win, right?

zulton55 #18 Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:32 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20513 battles
  • [ZLTN]

What if the use of Avatars did not effect the tank directly for battle, but effected post battle?  XP boost, Credit boost, reduced repair cost....(I know we already have boosters which some people will not use either)

I can see how that would draw more people to use them without effecting the battle (directly).

_Cletus #19 Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:39 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 27886 battles
  • [III-R]
Make avatars negate RNG, everybody'll start using them.

Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

KoV3LiK.jpg

Absolute_Sniper #20 Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 41635 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostRonaldReagan, on 16 April 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

I think Forum members should be able to use their forum avatars so we can recognize each other.

I like this idea.

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

Also tagged with Avatars, Crates

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users