Jump to content


Avatars: Well yes, but actually no...

Avatars Crates

  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Avatar Feedback (32 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you think avatars are good for the game?

  1. Yes (6 votes [18.75%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 18.75%

  2. No (26 votes [81.25%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 81.25%

Would you consider yourself a casual player, hardcore gamer, or a professional player?

  1. Casual (14 votes [43.75%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 43.75%

  2. Hardcore (12 votes [37.50%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 37.50%

  3. Professional (6 votes [18.75%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 18.75%

Would you want a new avatar system or a fix to the old one?

  1. Keep the one we have (4 votes [12.50%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 12.50%

  2. Make a new one (13 votes [40.62%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 40.62%

  3. Fix the one we have (15 votes [46.88%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 46.88%

Vote Hide poll

jtag20 #21 Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:52 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 27742 battles
  • 21
  • [_NUKE]
  • Member since:
    11-15-2014
If we wanted to make avatars do something, we'd have to either make them completely cosmetic, or give post-battle buffs. In-game buffs would be unfair, I don't want to have an inherent advantage over a player because I'm better, I want to win because I'm better, not because I have something they don't have, such as better aim time, accuracy, rof, etc. 

Absolute_Sniper #22 Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:53 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 44224 battles
  • 3,884
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2015

View Postjtag20, on 16 April 2019 - 03:52 PM, said:

If we wanted to make avatars do something, we'd have to either make them completely cosmetic, or give post-battle buffs. In-game buffs would be unfair, I don't want to have an inherent advantage over a player because I'm better, I want to win because I'm better, not because I have something they don't have, such as better aim time, accuracy, rof, etc. 

Crew skills instantly put people at an unfair advantage according to this logic.


I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

 

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

 


jtag20 #23 Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:57 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 27742 battles
  • 21
  • [_NUKE]
  • Member since:
    11-15-2014

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 16 April 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

Crew skills instantly put people at an unfair advantage according to this logic.

 

they do not, since anyone can grind a crew skill to the max level. crew skills are based on how much exp you gain, if I'm a good player, I'll gain the rewards faster since I know how to earn exp fast. that's based on my skill, because of my skill, not because I won something and therefore I deserve more power over those who didn't win, such as the bonds system in World of Tanks PC. anyone can grind crew skills, the rate at which they are grinded depends on your skill level, but everyone has equal opportunity within the system. 

Absolute_Sniper #24 Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:11 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 44224 battles
  • 3,884
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2015

View Postjtag20, on 16 April 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

 

they do not, since anyone can grind a crew skill to the max level. crew skills are based on how much exp you gain, if I'm a good player, I'll gain the rewards faster since I know how to earn exp fast. that's based on my skill, because of my skill, not because I won something and therefore I deserve more power over those who didn't win, such as the bonds system in World of Tanks PC. anyone can grind crew skills, the rate at which they are grinded depends on your skill level, but everyone has equal opportunity within the system. 

I can pay gold to get my crew to 100% and I can pay gold to get my crew skills to 100%. Yes a player can grind them but getting level 7 skills takes forever. I can also purchase equipment that improves many aspects of my tanks performance. 

 

All im saying is that anyone could do the same and the ones that don’t are at a disadvantage. Buying an avatar that gives some small performance boost would be exactly the same. Everyone would have access and this it would be fair. 

 

FWIW I don’t think avatars should have any impact on tank performance. I think they are fine simply being cosmetic and really don’t understand all that hate about them. Many people complaining about them also created dozens of threads when all they got were boosters and complained that they weren’t getting credits, gold, tanks, etc. 


I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

 

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

 


jtag20 #25 Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:17 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 27742 battles
  • 21
  • [_NUKE]
  • Member since:
    11-15-2014
I think we are on the same page here tbh, we're just not realizing it. We both agree that equal opportunity within the system is needed, but I don't feel like we need more ways to buff tanks inside the matches played. 

wolfpack_41 #26 Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:22 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13463 battles
  • 134
  • Member since:
    12-20-2015

View PostRonaldReagan, on 16 April 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

I think Forum members should be able to use their forum avatars so we can recognize each other.

 

That's good. 

twirlingtowardsfreedom #27 Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:04 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 34443 battles
  • 632
  • Member since:
    12-04-2014

View Postwolfpack1941, on 16 April 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

 

That's good. 

 

WG could monetize this pretty easily too, just make it cost 1K gold to import your own image. I'm sure a bunch of people would do that. Maybe add a 5 day wait for a Belarus check to make sure cretins aren't using swastikas or whatever.

 

 

 



__V_O_P__ #28 Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:05 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 45442 battles
  • 1,173
  • [LAP]
  • Member since:
    09-06-2016

View Postjtag20, on 16 April 2019 - 02:27 AM, said:

 

When you win the spring season qualifiers and make it to the professional tournaments, you get a PRO avatar (Loving mine tbh, although I get tunneled a lot, #proudtobetunnneled). 

 

I don't know, you tell me. -Jtag20 [HATED] 

 

On a side note: no one checks avatars. So it’s highly improbable that someone starting a game looks at yours and thinks - I’m yoloing them because of that shiny yellow hexagon they have. 

 

Sorry to shatter that illusion. On the plus side you can put being tunneled down to something meaningful, like your clan or you. 



jtag20 #29 Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:09 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 27742 battles
  • 21
  • [_NUKE]
  • Member since:
    11-15-2014

View Post__V_O_P__, on 16 April 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

 

On a side note: no one checks avatars. So it’s highly improbable that someone starting a game looks at yours and thinks - I’m yoloing them because of that shiny yellow hexagon they have. 

 

Sorry to shatter that illusion. On the plus side you can put being tunneled down to something meaningful, like your clan or you. 

 

Dunno about you, but players who watch the tournament livestreams and keep up to date do actually know what that means, and I get tunneled by those players a lot. Same thing goes for the pro camo. Not everyone ignores avatars like you do. Some actually serve as a good indicator of a player's skill, such as spring season participants, pro players, and tournament finalists for ascent tournaments. They may not mean much to you, but I actually use them to get an idea of what someone is capable of before the countdown even starts. Also, my PRO avatar does mean a lot to me, it shows that I'm a season and skilled player who's competitive and cares about the pro scene in NA comp. For those reasons, I get tunneled. 

Edited by jtag20, 16 April 2019 - 06:15 PM.


__Frostbite #30 Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:16 PM

    Cold as Ice

  • Players
  • 29687 battles
  • 3,101
  • Member since:
    06-13-2016
You know, that was a fair point back a while ago. People that use the forums should be able to upload their profile picture to the game to use as an avatar. They let us use it here, why not other places?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Blartch #31 Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:21 PM

    Causer of Unrest

  • Players
  • 64630 battles
  • 8,373
  • [BRSKT]
  • Member since:
    05-01-2015
If by "fix" you mean "stop mucking about with useless window dressing faff and spend your efforts on something actually interesting and useful for game play you vodka swilling Adidas-tracksuited slavsquatters," then yes, "fix" avatars.

TheBigHarryBear #32 Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:28 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 29379 battles
  • 396
  • [CAVE]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014
How about they become the "RANK" of an individual. Sarg, Captian, General....maybe use them to show at the start of the match WHO should know what they are doing when a decision is being made on a team stragity. 

__V_O_P__ #33 Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:33 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 45442 battles
  • 1,173
  • [LAP]
  • Member since:
    09-06-2016

View Postjtag20, on 16 April 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

 

Dunno about you, but players who watch the tournament livestreams and keep up to date do actually know what that means, and I get tunneled by those players a lot. Same thing goes for the pro camo. Not everyone ignores avatars like you do. Some actually serve as a good indicator of a player's skill, such as spring season participants, pro players, and tournament finalists for ascent tournaments. They may not mean much to you, but I actually use them to get an idea of what someone is capable of before the countdown even starts. Also, my PRO avatar does mean a lot to me, it shows that I'm a season and skilled player who's competitive and cares about the pro scene in NA comp. For those reasons, I get tunneled. 

 

Ok tag. You get tunneled because of your avatar. 







Also tagged with Avatars, Crates

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users