Why am I getting losing streaks on a regular basis?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Urinal_Puck #1 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3789 battles

I just played and got 3 wins out of 16 games.

I seem to get these types of losing streaks once or more a week now.

I know to take a break and suck less... but that doesn't seem to help. Is there anything else I can do to stop these loosing streaks?

AKWolf1 #2 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:47 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 70683 battles
  • [CMIND]
It’s just WG’s way of saying you’ve won enough and it’s time to give up some percentage points.   It happens to everyone unfortunately!

Urinal_Puck #3 Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3789 battles

View PostAKWolf1, on 18 April 2019 - 04:47 AM, said:

It’s just WG’s way of saying you’ve won enough and it’s time to give up some percentage points. It happens to everyone unfortunately!

This pattern reminds me of my days of playing online poker. They were all notorious for manipulating the odds to get people to pay to win... That's unfortunate if that's going on here.

Lmsd123 #4 Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:15 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42970 battles
  • [JFGF]
Bingo !

tankist22 #5 Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:07 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 37984 battles
  • [TNK22]

I notice an avalanche of folks that are either with super low number of battles for the tier they play, or those with green or light blue stars telling me they did not play for some time.

Both cases makes the team with no clue, therefore no way to win. I've been in teams with super decent players, yet no chance to carry or pull anything since the rest is totally off everything.

The additional thing I noticed is that in higher tiers like X, the very most of "bad" players are in medium tanks. My guess is that they lose the least credits in them, just a guess. Could be that they want to be mobile to get away since in slower tanks they get smashed in seconds.

Edited by tankist22, 18 April 2019 - 06:07 AM.

plsdontkillmexxx #6 Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:10 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4775 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostUrinal_Puck, on 18 April 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

I know to take a break and suck less... but that doesn't seem to help. Is there anything else I can do to stop these loosing streaks?

It's been happening to me. I keep getting put up against crack red teams. No matter how good or bad the green team is, the reds are always better. It's no fun playing when your expectation is to lose, and you only get 4 wins in 20 games. I thought the aim of MM is to make teams competitive, but that is not happening.

disclaimer: hopefully this post is not too long, or short, is not about a topic already discussed, is in the right place, will not annoy, antagonise, or upset anyone, or otherwise give cause for complaint, cause me to be chastised by the powers that be, and not deleted or locked. Peace, out!

CA_vampire #7 Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24268 battles
  • [MOMB]

View PostUrinal_Puck, on 17 April 2019 - 10:02 PM, said:

This pattern reminds me of my days of playing online poker. They were all notorious for manipulating the odds to get people to pay to win... That's unfortunate if that's going on here.

You got it!

The goal of this game is to get you addicted. MM+RNG are adjusted accordingly. If you are a good player, you can win more games, but MM+RNG are not completely random.  

___ez_e___ #8 Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 60190 battles
  • [FUZY]

I think the rng luck swung over to me.   For whatever reason this week I’ve been kicking butt.  

The weird thing is I’m not trying harder or anything.    Even when my game crashed, I came back to see that my team won.  

Its almost like I’m Domino from Deadpool 2.    Maybe if I close my eyes and fire, I’ll ammo rack a tank.  

acrisis #9 Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20320 battles
  • [III-X]

For starters, the game is not easy to win, with 7v7 randoms, steamrolls will happen. If the team experience is stacked one way or the other, probably an auto win auto loss for one team. But even with 7v7 experienced players, steamrolls will happen, because of little mistakes or advantages, and from there on, it is dominoes. As soon as you are down one tank, whether AFK or yolo, the odds just got  harder, because you don’t have the dame DPM any more. Two tanks down. It is even harder. Not un-winnable, but then if you as the best player are in a tough spot and/or weakened, you can’t be aggressive and counter much or you’ll implode ... and so it does not take much to go wrong to lose a battle, versus having to have several things go right to win it. 

I see this time and again in wowsb. Fail platoon, afk, taking big damage as best guy so you need to be extra defensive, red capping multiple bases ( and firing does not stop the counter or reset ), only six minutes ... plus no guaranteed pen/dmg shots that will take a red gun down ... and you can’t be in two places at once ...... like when nobody on green helps get a single base, red has three, ticking along constantly in their favor, now you need to kill all ships?! ... long story short, it really quickly reaches a no win point.

And, the same thing in wotb, each team has a pool of hitpoints and theoretical dpm.

It is easier for members to make mistakes and squander the chances, than it is to play smart and work towards a win. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

XXX_Corps #10 Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 55913 battles
  • [A-CAV]
Welcome to the world of algorithms.

_warL0rd_ #11 Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:56 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41257 battles
  • [FOE]

this happens because there is a batch of bad players chitting up the match maker at the moment. The way to limit the losing skid is to just log off and come back another time, or change tiers (up or down 2 or more). 

I try to do this now instead of angrily pressing battle over and over and seeing the same useless grubs on red or green over and over. 

__V_O_P__ #12 Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28169 battles
  • [CURSD]

View PostUrinal_Puck, on 18 April 2019 - 04:18 AM, said:

Tooning may help - it reduces the variability in your team. 

I also think that that in public games most people have no idea how to play supremacy - I find encounter a little more predictable. So if I’m going through a rough patch I’ll avoid supremacy for a while. 

Also focus on your strengths - I think once you start winning, it’s a habit. Your stats show - and no offense intended - that you suck at tier 6. You might want to give some thought to why. Or just avoid it while you are rehabbing your win rate. 

focusing on a class of tank you so well in.   Heavies look like an area of success for you. 

Also I see from your stats your highest daily win rate was around 60% and your lowest around 45%. Given that you average 20 games a day, that’s 12 and 9 wins respectively. So there’s really only 3 games difference between bad you and good you.

lafite2014 #13 Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:29 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36249 battles
  • [REJEX]

View Post_warL0rd_, on 18 April 2019 - 07:56 AM, said:

this happens because there is a batch of bad players chitting up the match maker at the moment. The way to limit the losing skid is to just log off and come back another time, or change tiers (up or down 2 or more). 

I try to do this now instead of angrily pressing battle over and over and seeing the same useless grubs on red or green over and over. 

It’s been happening to me as well. Long losing streaks and an occasionally win. Sadly I am not finding that changing tiers is helping either. Tier 10 then 8 then 5 all with same results. Next thing you know you’ve lost nine in a row. Even the odds of chance say that shouldn’t happen. 

Urinal_Puck #14 Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3789 battles

View Post__V_O_P__, on 18 April 2019 - 01:12 PM, said:

Tooning may help - it reduces the variability in your team. 

I also think that that in public games most people have no idea how to play supremacy - I find encounter a little more predictable. So if I’m going through a rough patch I’ll avoid supremacy for a while. 

Also focus on your strengths - I think once you start winning, it’s a habit. Your stats show - and no offense intended - that you suck at tier 6. You might want to give some thought to why. Or just avoid it while you are rehabbing your win rate. 

focusing on a class of tank you so well in.   Heavies look like an area of success for you. 

Also I see from your stats your highest daily win rate was around 60% and your lowest around 45%. Given that you average 20 games a day, that’s 12 and 9 wins respectively. So there’s really only 3 games difference between bad you and good you.

Thanks for the reply, tooning and encounter, I'll make those changes and see what happens.

I suck at tier 6 because I found a tier 7 tank in a crate and wanted more tier 7 tanks so I grinded a couple of tier 6 tanks to get to tier 7. So my tier 6 tanks were only played while building crew and upgrades. I'll have to go back and finish playing them to get the wr up after I play through tier 5.

Those 45% periods are because of the losing streaks. Otherwise I normally got 55-65% daily. You can see there's a nice consistent pattern to the losing streaks.

__V_O_P__ #15 Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28169 battles
  • [CURSD]

View PostUrinal_Puck, on 18 April 2019 - 01:43 PM, said:

Thanks for the reply, tooning and encounter, I'll make those changes and see what happens.

I suck at tier 6 because I found a tier 7 tank in a crate and wanted more tier 7 tanks so I grinded a couple of tier 6 tanks to get to tier 7. So my tier 6 tanks were only played while building crew and upgrades. I'll have to go back and finish playing them to get the wr up after I play through tier 5.

Those 45% periods are because of the losing streaks. Otherwise I normally got 55-65% daily. You can see there's a nice consistent pattern to the losing streaks.

I was trying to make the point that there aren’t big differences between winning Puck (60%) and losing Puck (45%). Three games out of 20 accounts for the difference. 

Urinal_Puck #16 Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3789 battles

View Post__V_O_P__, on 18 April 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

I was trying to make the point that there aren’t big differences between winning Puck (60%) and losing Puck (45%). Three games out of 20 accounts for the difference. 

Are you looking at blitzstars?

__V_O_P__ #17 Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28169 battles
  • [CURSD]

View PostUrinal_Puck, on 18 April 2019 - 02:07 PM, said:

Are you looking at blitzstars?

Yes. But also doing a bit of guesswork. You played around 600 games over the last 30 days. So I’m assuming 20 a day. It could easily be distributed quite differently. 

I just checked. 150 games in one day. did you stop for comfort breaks or just go all NASA mode?

Edited by __V_O_P__, 18 April 2019 - 02:30 PM.

Urinal_Puck #18 Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3789 battles

View Post__V_O_P__, on 18 April 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

Yes. But also doing a bit of guesswork. You played around 600 games over the last 30 days. So I’m assuming 20 a day. It could easily be distributed quite differently. 

I just checked. 150 games in one day. did you stop for comfort breaks or just go all NASA mode?

not 1 day, 2 days...

I did binge play last night til 1am because I couldn't sleep(the 17th into the 18th), which I don't normally do so I got an extra 5 hours in, lol. Maybe binge playing is causing losing streaks?

Come to think of it I have been staying up til 11pm-12am the past week or two playing wotb. I normally stop all computer activity by 9-10pm.

I guess taking a break is legit advice.

acrisis #19 Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20320 battles
  • [III-X]

Binge playing sure will lead to decreased attention and reaction time.

Add in some extra losses, and one will play " on tilt " and try to force the game one way or another, while not being mentally flexible to take other things into consideration ... 

Rule of thumb is two three losses, switch tanks and tiers, more losses, switch again ... and then pause for several hours or wait till the next day. Only way to avoid a loss streak is to stop hitting battle. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users