Inactive in battle report clarification from help desk

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

cpcurly #1 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17019 battles
  • [1914]

Here is a response I received from the help desk regarding the inactive in battle report found in the military honour system that is used in the game

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support.

You can use the Military Honor system whenever you want. But, measures will be taking only for violations of the Game Rules.  

How we said previously, "Inactivity in battle" complaint should be used when a player is inactive during the entire game and is AFK or takes not enough actions in a battle (some actions are taken, but a player stays an inactive long period of battle time). 

About your numbered questions:

1. Lack of damage in a battle, bad game skills isn't a violation of the Game Rules. So, you shouldn't complain about that behavior.   

2. Players don't have to meet the expectations of other players. So, there aren't reasons to make complaints in this case. All players may play how they can, want if they following the Game Rules.     

1. No.

2. No. 

Reports should be used for complaining of violations. How we said above, measures will be taking only for violations of the Game Rules. 

If you have any other issues please do not hesitate to contact us. 

This is my 5th attempt at getting a detailed answer to the following questions . For some reason you are not answering my questions. And your answers are vague. Please answers my questions and do not close this ticket until I have a clear understanding of when I should be reporting players for inactive during battle.

1. If a player is active during a game , but does not cause any damage. Should you report him as inactive during battle. ? 

2. If a player performs poorly during a game do you report him as inactive because they did not meet your expectations?

1. Do you use the inactive report function to report a player that was active but had 0 damage ? Please answer yes or no?

2. Do you use the inactive report function to report a player who performs poorly in the game? Please answer yes or no?

ARandomGenieGuy #2 Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17205 battles
  • [CRUEL]

1. Yes

2.Yes

3.Yes

4.Yes

Source: my humble opinion 

wrecker1968 #3 Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:46 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41910 battles
  • [HOUSE]
I did not know this. Why doesn't WG make this knowledge known  To all players?

plsdontkillmexxx #4 Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7066 battles
  • [XHALE]

View Postcpcurly, on 18 April 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

Here is a response I received from the help desk regarding the inactive in battle report found in the military honour system that is used in the game

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support.

You can use the Military Honor system whenever you want. But, measures will be taking only for violations of the Game Rules.  

How we said previously, "Inactivity in battle" complaint should be used when a player is inactive during the entire game and is AFK or takes not enough actions in a battle (some actions are taken, but a player stays an inactive long period of battle time). 

About your numbered questions:

1. Lack of damage in a battle, bad game skills isn't a violation of the Game Rules. So, you shouldn't complain about that behavior.   

2. Players don't have to meet the expectations of other players. So, there aren't reasons to make complaints in this case. All players may play how they can, want if they following the Game Rules.     

1. No.

2. No. 

Reports should be used for complaining of violations. How we said above, measures will be taking only for violations of the Game Rules. 

If you have any other issues please do not hesitate to contact us. 

This is my 5th attempt at getting a detailed answer to the following questions . For some reason you are not answering my questions. And your answers are vague. Please answers my questions and do not close this ticket until I have a clear understanding of when I should be reporting players for inactive during battle.

1. If a player is active during a game , but does not cause any damage. Should you report him as inactive during battle. ? 

2. If a player performs poorly during a game do you report him as inactive because they did not meet your expectations?

1. Do you use the inactive report function to report a player that was active but had 0 damage ? Please answer yes or no?

2. Do you use the inactive report function to report a player who performs poorly in the game? Please answer yes or no?

I agree with WG responses.

Don't be fooled by my winrate. I'm really a unicum in disguise.

__V_O_P__ #5 Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:33 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29130 battles
  • [CURSD]
Inside scoop - actual conversation recorded secretly... transcript as follows:

- start -

Toon Player 1: I’m gonna downvote this nuub.

Toon Player 2: what for?

Toon Player 1: I played against him yesterday, he said my grandma a was a [editted] and [editted] my [editted]

Toon Player 2: (laughes)

Toon Player 1: it’s not funny. Downvote inactive.

Toon Player 2: okay.

- end -

And that’s it folks. WG have us all the ability to provide feedback to each other via MH. What you choose to do with it and why is your own business. A system designed to reduce the number of whining tickets from us and nothing more. If you think there’s something sophisticated going in here, with rules and stuff, you need to readjust your expectations.

Edited by __V_O_P__, 18 April 2019 - 02:28 PM.

_Cletus #6 Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:54 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 22993 battles
  • [HAHA]
Oh my god curly, let it go.  It doesn't matter how they responded to the ticket, players are gonna vote inactive whenever they want.  This makes zero difference.  

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar by crpl_hicks

Conan, what is best in lifeTo crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Fu_Manchu_ #7 Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11345 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Post_Cletus, on 18 April 2019 - 05:54 AM, said:

Oh my god curly, let it go.  It doesn't matter how they responded to the ticket, players are gonna vote inactive whenever they want.  This makes zero difference.  

Quoted for truth. There are no rules around how any individual player will decide to downvote or upvote. WG may have given you answers but that's only how they think the votes should be used, not actual rules.

CLEAR/CLE4R family discord: https://discord.gg/Dh8KfXz

My second (formerly phone-only, now shameless re-roll) account is HanYolo_.

Find me on discord: Fu_Manchu_ [CLEAR]#6222

__Crusader6__ #8 Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:43 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 58748 battles
  • [-C6-]

View Post__V_O_P__, on 18 April 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:

Inside scoop - actual conversation recorded secretly... transcript as follows:

- start -

Toon Player 1: I’m gonna downvote this nuub.

Toon Player 2: what for?

Toon Player 1: I played against him yesterday, he said my grandma a was a [editted] and [editted] my [editted]

Toon Player 2: (laughes)

Toon Player 1: it’s not funny. Downvote inactive.

Toon Player 2: okay.

- end -

And that’s it folks. WG have us all the ability to provide feedback to each other via MH. What you choose to do with it and why is your own business. A system designed to reduce the number of whining tickets from us and nothing more. If you think there’s something sophisticated going in here, with rules and stuff, you need to readjust your expectations.

bingo. 

Tank Hoarder: 365 tanks in Garage:  366/368 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed. 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

wrecker1968 #9 Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41910 battles
  • [HOUSE]
Thank you for being tenacious curly, Great job and good information. 

cpcurly #10 Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17019 battles
  • [1914]

View Postwrecker1968, on 18 April 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

View Postwrecker1968, on 18 April 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

thank you

cpcurly #11 Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17019 battles
  • [1914]

View Post_Cletus, on 18 April 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

Yes but according to the help desk if a player is voted down because his damage is low, or because of poor performance, the administration won’t acknowledge it. So who every is voting you down is waisting their vote.

the other issue here is, tankers are using it incorrectly. And adding to the confusion. Players need to be informed about the reporting system so they could use it correctly.

Edited by cpcurly, 18 April 2019 - 03:55 PM.

GentleNova #12 Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26409 battles
  • [SRT-A]

View Postcpcurly, on 17 April 2019 - 08:57 PM, said:

That bolded part is meaningless. I could apply that to players in every game.

To sum up, using these are completely subjective, based upon your biased perspective.. There’s no objectivity to them whatsoever. So if you’re trying to get a clear objective response from Wargaming, you won’t get one. 

cpcurly #13 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17019 battles
  • [1914]

View PostGentleNova, on 18 April 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

That bolded part is meaningless. I could apply that to players in every game.

To sum up, using these are completely subjective, based upon your biased perspective.. There’s no objectivity to them whatsoever. So if you’re trying to get a clear objective response from Wargaming, you won’t get one. 

yes but if you read the rest of it where they answered my specific questions 

it is clear that reporting someone as inactive during the game should not be used for the amount of damage you do or for poor performance in a game.  Many tankers are using this feature for those 2 reasons.

I think it’s for afk players, and players who purposely refuse to play. 

Edited by cpcurly, 18 April 2019 - 04:07 PM.

GentleNova #14 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26409 battles
  • [SRT-A]

View Postcpcurly, on 18 April 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

yes but if you read the rest of it where they answered my specific questions 

it is clear that reporting someone as inactive during the game should not be used for the amount of damage you do or for poor performance in a game.  Many tankers are using this feature for those 2 reasons.

I think it’s for afk players, and players who purposely refuse to play. 

But that bolded part pretty much overrides everything. For example, if a KV2 hides the entire game and his entire team dies because he doesn’t contribute and he could have but he gets one or two shots off alone at the end, he may have more damage then most people but I could still logically apply the Inactive downvote to him. In effect, as you said, his performance is irrelevant. It was his inactivity for most of the game that is what’s being questioned. 

But heres the thing though, he is intentionally being Inactive, as you can see him moving and looking about behind cover as he camps. If that’s not "poor performance", I don’t know what is.

PS. And to clarify, he’s not doing this to be a troll. He’s doing it because he’s probably scared and lacks awareness which causes him indecision and to freeze up. 

Edited by GentleNova, 18 April 2019 - 04:20 PM.

cpcurly #15 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17019 battles
  • [1914]

View PostGentleNova, on 18 April 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

But that bolded part pretty much overrides everything. For example, if a KV2 hides the entire game and his entire team dies because he doesn’t contribute and he could have but he gets one or two shots off alone at the end, he may have more damage then most people but I could still logically apply the Inactive downvote to him. In effect, as you said, his performance is irrelevant. It was his inactivity for most of the game that is what’s being questioned. 

But heres the thing though, he is intentionally being Inactive, as you can see him moving and looking about behind cover as he camps. If that’s not "poor performance", I don’t know what is.

PS. And to clarify, he’s not doing this to be a troll. He’s doing it because he’s probably scared and lacks awareness which causes him indecision and to freeze up. 

In this scenario, by my interpretation of the help desks response I would report them as inactive because they purposely refrained from participating for most of the game.

Edited by cpcurly, 18 April 2019 - 04:37 PM.

_Cletus #16 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:51 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 22993 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Postcpcurly, on 18 April 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

Yes but according to the help desk if a player is voted down because his damage is low, or because of poor performance, the administration won’t acknowledge it. So who every is voting you down is waisting their vote.

the other issue here is, tankers are using it incorrectly. And adding to the confusion. Players need to be informed about the reporting system so they could use it correctly.

I didn't see anything in their response in terms of acknowledging votes or not.  They only look at it when you've amassed a large number of downvotes in a short amount of time, and when [if] they do something about your downvotes they aren't going to research the specifics of each vote.  You can attempt to inform players all you want, they are still going to vote however they want.  There is nothing at all to enforce these rules to voting, so no one will care.  And honestly, I think they gave you these answers just to get you to stop submitting tickets.  MH has been broken and useless since it was first rolled out, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.  Just accept the fact that some noobs downvoted you when you might not have deserved it and move on with your life.

Conan, what is best in lifeTo crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

acrisis #17 Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20329 battles
  • [III-X]
The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a tank track to be seen
A kingdom of isolation
And it looks like I'm the king
The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I've tried
Don't let them win, don't let them see you
Be the good commander you always want to be
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know
Well, shoot, now they know
Let it go, let it go
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway
Let it go, let it go
Let it go, let it go
Let it go (go, go, go go, go go, go go, go, go, go go)
Let it go
Let it go
Let it go

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

_Cletus #18 Posted 18 April 2019 - 05:01 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 22993 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Postacrisis, on 18 April 2019 - 10:52 AM, said:

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a tank track to be seen
A kingdom of isolation
And it looks like I'm the king
The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I've tried
Don't let them win, don't let them see you
Be the good commander you always want to be
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know
Well, shoot, now they know
Let it go, let it go
Let it go, let it go
I don't care what they're going to say
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway
Let it go, let it go
Let it go, let it go
Let it go (go, go, go go, go go, go go, go, go, go go)
Let it go
Let it go
Let it go

The cold never bothered me anyway.

__Crusader6__ #19 Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:45 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 58748 battles
  • [-C6-]

It requires two folks to DV an individual for the same reason to make a ‘certified complaint’.  

It doesn’t matter if it was deserved or not.  

Personal example from a few months ago. 

43% oxygen thief in a KV-2 shoves my TD out and keeps going pushing me sideways.  

I hit my hot key ‘please dont push or block’ (pdp). 

He says I’m being toxic - spams global chat that I’m being toxic. 

I get complaint.  

MH is worthless, who cares what criteria folks use...

Tank Hoarder: 365 tanks in Garage:  366/368 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed. 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

TonnerreCadien #20 Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:31 AM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 44508 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 18 April 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

It requires two folks to DV an individual for the same reason to make a ‘certified complaint’.  

It doesn’t matter if it was deserved or not.  

Personal example from a few months ago. 

43% oxygen thief in a KV-2 shoves my TD out and keeps going pushing me sideways.  

I hit my hot key ‘please dont push or block’ (pdp). 

He says I’m being toxic - spams global chat that I’m being toxic. 

I get complaint.  

MH is worthless, who cares what criteria folks use...

I wish you'd submitted a ticket on that morceau de *****. Boy, that behavior really sticks in my craw.

jx1pteO.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users