• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

TonnerreCadien #1 Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:12 PM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 44508 battles
  • [HAHA]

Dear Ribble, or whoever else at WG might read this:

I have a few complaints. Hopefully I won't sound too whiny. Thanks for listening.

1. We need a little more transparency on matchmaking. While the unicums deny it, it is clear to me and many other mediocre veterans that the mm has changed in the last few months. Please update your statement on what is, and what is not, included in mm. I believe I am only put in the bottom tier due to who's playing what on the server like I believe in Santa Claus. I don't like being lied to.

2. Stop with the fantasy tanks. I suppose they sell, but they violate the spirit of the game, and when they're op, it's even worse. We needed a punk rock KV-2 in tier VII like we needed a hole in our heads.

3. I think the nerfing of the lower tiers was a complete failure. I had already stopped playing in what had been my tier of choice, tier III, a long time ago, but the way you've made it now, no one will stick with the game. Heaven forbid if we veteran players want to grind a new line from the bottom - we will be in a separate queue, and then, if we're lucky enough to actually get a match, we have to play in these neutered slow-moving pea shooters? If new player retention is not already dropping like a stone, I'll eat my hat.

4. Balancing. Tier VI, one of my favorite tiers, is a wreck right now because of all the op collector tanks you've dumped into tier VII. Therefore that whole tier needs reworking, which will mean you need to rework V to keep it competitive with VI. Then IV will need a buff, etc., etc.... the law of unintended consequences.

5. Relative to No. 4 above, if you could make the game like it was pre-3.8, that would be ideal. We don't need all the crazy equipment slots, etc. It's overly complicated and pretty much useless.

6. High tier mediums need a buff.

7. Two of the newish maps need to be 86ed, badly. Dynasty Pearl (not sure if that's its name in English, as I play in French) and Faust should be tossed in the rubbish bin, and whoever they were designed by should be slapped sixteen times with a wet noodle.

There's more, but I think I've said enough. Thanks for hearing me out. 

jx1pteO.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

grunk69 #2 Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14176 battles
nice tone - now interested in the response - especially to 3 and 4.

I_Maverick_I #3 Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:24 PM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 23361 battles
  • [_V2_]

Faust is good. Dynasty's Pearl is absolutely terrible. 

I mean a decent amount of this is tinfoil but there's nothing wrong with some tinfoil between friends. 

There's some other things I probably don't need to comment on.

“He Who Greets With Fire”
Get to know me on Discord: _Ntwadumela#3656
Join this Discord server while you're at it: 
sR2X6Hp

Meat_Locker #4 Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:29 PM

Large Member

• Players
  • 36847 battles
  • [TITAN]

Faust is a good map. You can simply refer to the other as “DP” as there are really only 2 approaches that one can take... c’est facile, mec. 

Zuke76 #5 Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:37 PM

Get zuked

• Players
  • 17660 battles
  • [FL-TH]
I don't think 5.5 was a complete failure, it eliminated seal clubbers like yourself, also I think fantasy tanks are fine, I do think they shouldn't be op, though.

TonnerreCadien #6 Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:40 PM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 44508 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostZuke76, on 19 April 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

I don't think 5.5 was a complete failure, it eliminated seal clubbers like yourself, also I think fantasy tanks are fine, I do think they shouldn't be op, though.

Comma splice much? I haven't been eliminated. I'm still here. I can hear what you're saying about me, Dad. The animosity some of you have toward sealclubbers would be cute if it weren't so pathological.

jx1pteO.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

cheesehead247365 #7 Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 11414 battles
  • [-EZ-]
I absolutely agree with everything Tonnere said, except Faust.  I actually like that map but probably in minority

WipWapJaws #8 Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:49 PM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 45387 battles
  • [WKD]

MM is the same as it’s always been a Random Number Generator with set rules...

Rules like only tanks one tier higher or one tier lower can be selected, Platoons must be selected for both teams.  No more than 3 (I think) of the same tank.  Less than 5000 matches in low tiers.  Etc.   With the rules accounted for mm then randomly selects teams from the pool 

RonaldusMaximus_ #9 Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5546 battles
  • [KALKI]
Personally I would like to rebuff tiers 2 to 4..I don't think that it does anyone any favors to remove autoloader or derp guns. I think that you need to show armament diversity in tanks at lower tiers 

_Cletus, on 02 July 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

Step 1:  Don't open your mouth in an alley.

Modern_Neanderthal #10 Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:52 PM

Sedentary Nomad

• Players
  • 44398 battles
  • [BOWL]

TonnerreCadien, I applaud your clear stated concerns. +1

i disagree though about Faust, I like that map. 

wrecker1968 #11 Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:52 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41901 battles
  • [HOUSE]
If you agree with this  Post. Give him a thumbs up on his reputation, In the lower right hand corner of his post. The more he has, the more WG will take notice. P.S. good job.

4sfield #12 Posted 20 April 2019 - 01:09 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 32574 battles
  • [-1]
  Same gripes, unaddressed for years

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

Meat_Locker #13 Posted 20 April 2019 - 01:14 AM

Large Member

• Players
  • 36847 battles
  • [TITAN]

View PostWipWapJaws, on 19 April 2019 - 11:49 PM, said:

MM is the same as it’s always been a Random Number Generator with set rules...

Rules like only tanks one tier higher or one tier lower can be selected, Platoons must be selected for both teams.  No more than 3 (I think) of the same tank.  Less than 5000 matches in low tiers.  Etc.   With the rules accounted for mm then randomly selects teams from the pool 

The thing that troubles me is that people continually assert this without evidence. There is no evidence upon which your 1st and your final sentences rest. We know very little about the mechanics of MM as WG share little about it in a transparent manner. 

Edited by Meat_Locker, 20 April 2019 - 03:21 PM.

FlammeumDraco333 #14 Posted 20 April 2019 - 03:07 AM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]

I agree on nearly all these points.

I don't think there's anything different with MM though, and I don't mind playing Faust or Dynasty Pearl.

Otherwise, good post.

View PostSystemrename, on 03 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

Sauce

If þou hæst ane anime līcnesse, þīne opinīoun mēneþ no-þing.

snoozyalooz #15 Posted 20 April 2019 - 05:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 51602 battles
  • [YOTA]
I agree the MM has changed somehow.  I am almost reluctant to play anymore because the MM has worsened compared to what it was like several updates ago.  The game is just not the same and I am enjoying it less and playing less as a result.  As far as maps and fictitious tanks go, they take a back seat to the MM issue for me.  Good points made though.  Thanks.

tedg5 #16 Posted 20 April 2019 - 01:10 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 48054 battles
  • [AGOGO]
This is a good, well thought out complaint post. :great: (for the post).

Player_39363936 #17 Posted 20 April 2019 - 01:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 67123 battles
  • [EWENS]

MM has changed without a doubt.

They're never going to tell us how it works, or how they adjust it.

The little they do say are flagrant lies.

WipWapJaws #18 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:37 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 45387 battles
  • [WKD]

View PostMeat_Locker, on 20 April 2019 - 11:14 AM, said:

The thing that troubles me is that people continually assert this without evidence. There is no evidence upon which your 1st and your final sentences rest. We know very little about the mechanics of MM as WG share little about it in a transparent manner. 

WG has said this in Q&As, QuickyBaby/Jingles have talked about this multiple times over the years,  Bushka even talked about it with a GW employee on his pod cast if my memory serves me right. If u want to know exactly where they said it, I can’t remember exactly which clips so u will have to dig them out yourself if u can be bothered

WipWapJaws #19 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:43 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 45387 battles
  • [WKD]

View Postsnoozyalooz, on 20 April 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

I agree the MM has changed somehow.  I am almost reluctant to play anymore because the MM has worsened compared to what it was like several updates ago.  The game is just not the same and I am enjoying it less and playing less as a result.  As far as maps and fictitious tanks go, they take a back seat to the MM issue for me.  Good points made though.  Thanks.

Not really MM that has changed, more the player base that has changed.  All these rule changes to MM (like +1/-1), along with more high tier tanks available to buy or win has made it much easier to rush up the tiers without the experience 

snoozyalooz #20 Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 51602 battles
  • [YOTA]

View PostWipWapJaws, on 21 April 2019 - 12:43 AM, said:

Not really MM that has changed, more the player base that has changed.  All these rule changes to MM (like +1/-1), along with more high tier tanks available to buy or win has made it much easier to rush up the tiers without the experience 

Thank you for sharing your perspective.  What does not settle well with me are the imbalances regardless of the player base related issues.  If the cause is the player base, then I would expect both my team and the other team to suffer equally because of this.  However, I do not experience that kind of balance in the battles I am a part of.  I still assert the MM has been altered to the detriment of the game, taking away some of the enjoyment that comes from a more balanced fight.  I say "more balanced" because perfectly balanced is not possible.  The only reason I am sharing this in the forum is the slim hope WOT might read this and consider what the player base is experiencing and thinking about.  

Also tagged with Suggestions, 86, shredder

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users