Premium tanks and TD's offers/deals

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

plsdontkillmexxx #1 Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4775 battles
  • [XHALE]
Why are these so often for the higher tiers? Many (most?) players lack the skill to play tiers 8 - 10. I want to see offers for tiers 5, 6, and 7.
disclaimer: hopefully this post is not too long, or short, is not about a topic already discussed, is in the right place, will not annoy, antagonise, or upset anyone, or otherwise give cause for complaint, cause me to be chastised by the powers that be, and not deleted or locked. Peace, out!

Player_5773117413 #2 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:02 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 28112 battles
  • [IRD]
Blaze is tier 7. Or buy an Su122-44 from the tank trees.

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

_Ntwadumela #3 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:06 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 21956 battles
  • [_V2_]

If you continue to play Tier 5-7, you'll never have the skills for Tier 8-10

gotta get out of your comfort zone. that's the only way.

(Credits to SparticusDiablo for the signature)
Get to know me on Discord: Maverick#3656
Join this Discord server while you're at it: 
sR2X6Hp

GentleNova #4 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:07 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25785 battles
  • [SRT-A]

I agree. Tier 7 and especially Tier 8 are over saturated with premiums right now. It’s overkill. Tier 6 could do with a few more but Tier 5 has barely any and most definitely could use some more.

FlammeumDraco333 #5 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:20 AM

18 Y.O. Boomer

• Players
  • 15306 battles
  • [META]
WG makes more money by selling higher tier premiums.

View PostSystemrename, on 03 February 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Whatever, since people seem content with the plain oleophobic coating and dragging their meaty, calloused workman's thumbs around like proto-lizards sliding up out of the primordial ooze onto dry land, it's just more for me.  I'm happy to float on fiber and run circles around you filthy casuals. Eat my dust, snail thumbs.

Sauce

If þou hæst ane anime līcnesse, þīne opinīoun mēneþ no-þing.

plsdontkillmexxx #6 Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:06 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4775 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostFlammeumDraco333, on 21 April 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

WG makes more money by selling higher tier premiums.

Of course they do. But they need to understand that keeping the customers happy, in this case the players, is the golden rule of business. Not everyone can afford to pay, or wants to pay, the high prices they charge for those high tier vehicles.
disclaimer: hopefully this post is not too long, or short, is not about a topic already discussed, is in the right place, will not annoy, antagonise, or upset anyone, or otherwise give cause for complaint, cause me to be chastised by the powers that be, and not deleted or locked. Peace, out!

Player_5773117413 #7 Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:17 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 28112 battles
  • [IRD]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 20 April 2019 - 07:06 PM, said:

Of course they do. But they need to understand that keeping the customers happy, in this case the players, is the golden rule of business. Not everyone can afford to pay, or wants to pay, the high prices they charge for those high tier vehicles.

On the contrary, I think WG has a good business model by selling high tier prems. It is human nature to somehow attain the best, flashiest, most prestigious items. Call it materialism, but some variation of that is definitely alive in WoT as well as Blitz.

Why wait and take time to grind out a line when you can just buy something from up there and have it right away? 8 must be better than 5, right? Majority of the player base isn't stat-conscious (though many are still win-conscious), a lot of 'em prolly don't even know of their existence. Therefore, they don't see a negative trend but they do see those higher tiers and that makes them feel more accomplished; in their eyes, it elevates their status [in-game].

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

plsdontkillmexxx #8 Posted 21 April 2019 - 02:53 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4775 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 21 April 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

On the contrary, I think WG has a good business model by selling high tier prems. It is human nature to somehow attain the best, flashiest, most prestigious items. Call it materialism, but some variation of that is definitely alive in WoT as well as Blitz.

Why wait and take time to grind out a line when you can just buy something from up there and have it right away? 8 must be better than 5, right? Majority of the player base isn't stat-conscious (though many are still win-conscious), a lot of 'em prolly don't even know of their existence. Therefore, they don't see a negative trend but they do see those higher tiers and that makes them feel more accomplished; in their eyes, it elevates their status [in-game].

Good points, but the models aren't mutually exclusive. They can do both, sell higher and lower tiers. Then they can keep everyone happy.  :) 

Dan_Deerso #9 Posted 21 April 2019 - 07:20 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 24224 battles
  • [III]
There's already so many fuggin "tech tree premiums" under tier 8 that I don't think this is a real issue.

wrecker1968 #10 Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:16 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 40394 battles
  • [HOUSE]
Greed. Anyone else tell you otherwise, and they are lying to you.

yeffersondv #11 Posted 22 April 2019 - 05:07 PM

Private

• Players
  • 22880 battles
  • [PAHOR]
Cordial greeting I write to tell you my dissatisfaction with the skills and attributes that have been removed from the Soviet tank is6 (assuming it is a premium tank is to emphasize that it is normal to have an advantage over other tanks) otherwise it happens with the is 6 ... I remember that before you could beat a battle against tiers 9 with the is6 now until an egg penetrates you head on it is a tank that now has the worst penetration of tier 8 and a super slow recharge was a tank hated by many for its beauty in the field and loved by those who own it and now ... Well it's disgusting to play in sadness how low it has fallen to see how medium tanks penetrate easily through its front and the shots of the is6 the most bounce does not matter if you aim well is an obsolete tank against other heavy especially against the vk..p of tier 8 only serves if it is accompanied, before one could go gladiator against others. It's my favorite tank that I love the most and ruined it, try to accept its playability like this one now but I can not stand any more humiliation when it was a beast before I would be happy if they adjusted their penetration at least ... With its crap shield you can still play always a 1vs1 will lose the is6 is sad hopefully fix it thank you very much

Edited by yeffersondv, 22 April 2019 - 05:08 PM.

MateusBullet #12 Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:35 PM

Private

• Players
  • 15772 battles
  • [CURSD]
I want offers for the T-22 (Collectable) 

SpartacusDiablo #13 Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:13 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 21782 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 20 April 2019 - 07:06 PM, said:

If you continue to play Tier 5-7, you'll never have the skills for Tier 8-10

gotta get out of your comfort zone. that's the only way.

Mav gets it.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users