The numbers tell it all

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

cpcurly #1 Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16654 battles
  • [1914]

I just played a blow out game, we lost, and I was curious about the stats. Here they are 

Red Team

Win Rate.      Average Damage.       Total Battles

63.                 1405.                           9066

56.                 1223.                           3496

56.                 1088.                           1896 

43.                   287.                           3163

53.                   901.                           152,791 

45.                   295.                           2046

46.                   220.                           1600

Total team damage 5190

Green Team

win rate.         Average damage.       Total battles

46.                 593.                              9144

46.                 491.                            16342

44.                 237.                              1641

45.                 278                               2117

39.                 111.                              1517

47.                 562.                              6593

50.                 969.                              2617

total damage 1715 

How is do you remain positive and not discouraged and humiliated after this kind of game?

Si1verBlood #2 Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12788 battles
  • [SR-71]
By not letting that one game discourage you and doing better in the next one.

View Postcpcurly, on 21 April 2019 - 11:01 AM, said

How is do you remain positive and not discouraged and humiliated after this kind of game?

acrisis #3 Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20320 battles
  • [III-X]
As WG would say ... it is supposed to be challenging and random teams average out over time. You steam roll lose some. You steam roll win some. Just hit battle.

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

4sfield #4 Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:23 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 31998 battles
  • [-1]

I get those all the time and I’ve lost games where I’ve done 4K damage In a tier VII while no one else on my team does 4 digit damage or worse, none at all. It’s lack of skills on the part of your team mates and it hasn’t got anything to do with the other team having better WRs.

We are all responsible equally to do our parts in winning every game. Guys that can’t are the issue because there are more of them than are of the guys who can. It’s basic skills and after thousands of battles they still play the same way and don’t understand what they need to be doing. This is what has taken most of the fun out of the game. 

The best way to get over it is to do the most you can and make up for what your team mates can’t do. That’s all winning has ever been. It’s just sad the way guys play now. 

To be effective you have to get over your fear of getting derped. You have to know when to be aggressive, you have to know when it’s time to move, you have to know when you need to stay, you have to know your tank and the ones your facing, you have to be able to use your tank’s strengths and exploit the weaknesses of the red vehicles, you have to be cavy, you have to move when you don’t have shots and you must keep your gun firing. 

Those basic things 90% of the guys playing do not understand. They are too focused on protecting themselves and not taking damage. So much so that they don’t do much towards contributing to team damage. You can’t win that way and you aren’t helping anyone by playing that way. Those guys are just lumps of worthlessness who sit and wait both themselves and their team

mates to death. 

Best advice, become a rampaging beast. Focus on movement and prosecuting single targets by isolating them or move to open up a 2nd firing lane in targets that are being engaged by others. Don’t waste time waiting. Find, fix, kill and move onto the next. You have to use your head for something besides a hat rack. You get out of this what you put into it. If you’re a passive player you’re not going to learn anything by sitting and waiting to get flanked and hoping someone is going to run in front of your gun. Until guys decide to do something about that teams are going to be the same forever. They spend more time not playing than it takes to send them back to the garage.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

zeur0sis #5 Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24681 battles
  • [-1]
I’m more in shock by the player with 152,000 battles.   Dang

"Mm sucks just like u r face.    Now Go cry on tissue not here." ~ raj

Blartch #6 Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:07 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 57703 battles
  • [SPUD]

j_rod #7 Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:28 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19569 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Post4sfield, on 21 April 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

I get those all the time and I’ve lost games where I’ve done 4K damage In a tier VII while no one else on my team does 4 digit damage or worse, none at all. It’s lack of skills on the part of your team mates and it hasn’t got anything to do with the other team having better WRs.

He ain't lying... And yet he was still a good sport about it. 

https://imgur.com/a/NZPVnyS

BAR_001 #8 Posted 21 April 2019 - 06:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24176 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Postcpcurly, on 21 April 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

You're discouraged after only one lop sided game? Better buck up, it gets much worse.

milesonaught #9 Posted 21 April 2019 - 06:09 PM

Uncle Salty

• Players
  • 17701 battles
  • [-1]

View Postj_rod, on 21 April 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

He ain't lying... And yet he was still a good sport about it. 

https://imgur.com/a/NZPVnyS

Oh [edited].. someone just got a new nickname. Imma call 4s 'Sporty' from now on [edited]

I don't go town and I won't go down so WarGaming is just ******* with me when they built a town on a hill.

BLACK is the new PURPLE

4sfield #10 Posted 21 April 2019 - 06:14 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 31998 battles
  • [-1]

View Postzeur0sis, on 21 April 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

Since j_rod has put me in the good sport pedestal, let me rant here instead of exploding on guys who have no idea what I’m saying.

I’m not, I saw a guy with 32k battles in his cruiser II a few days back. He was a monster, 65%WR and 500 avg damage. He was playing a Löwe when I saw him and he pulled down the same kind of damage. Good stats but he sucked, had no clue what he was doing and was the same kind of team mate as anyone who buys a tier VIII premium on their 1st game day.. 

Team mates make it hard on the guys that are in there trying to win. Not only do you have to find and kill the reds on your own, you have to keep them from getting you killed. Once I’m spotted, I’m tunneled for the duration because team mates won’t move out of their hiding spots to shoot at anybody. When I do get away, they pack up and follow me instead of staying put so I can exploit the flank. If I passive spot, none of my team mates are in position to take any shots so I get no assist damage for lighting up the reds. 

Guys want to either wait for a shot to appear magically in front of them, pile on behind someone else or use their underdeveloped tactical skills to run away or perform a useless flank around the long way. 

Something needs to change because I’m not having much fun lately. Being the only guy with any aggressiveness on a team is painful to tale. I want to go but can’t because the rest of my team is in a gaggle, in a depression, behind a building keeping me from being able to do anything. 

The uninvolved drive me to want to drink. It’s a tank game and there is supposed to be defined action and roles played correspondent to the vehicle type you are driving. What I see are 6 guys more worried about being spotted and shot than they are at killing red vehicles. It makes for an exhausting run after about 4 games. 

I drove around Rockfield 2 games ago for 5 minutes. I spent the 1st 2 fighting 3 tanks with a toon mate while all of the heavies and TDs flanked through the big hill and completely through the red spawn. We had to abandon when 2 other red tanks showed up so we maneuvered through the mud section rocks. Our guys went all the way around to where they should have gone to start with and watched us from up top without any shots. We killed 5 of the 7 on our own in a rolling brawl below 5 team mates who did absolutely nothing until there were only 3 red tanks left. My toon mate got killed and we barely won with me and another guy still left alive. We were the only 2 players on our team with 4 digit damage, there were 2 zeros, a 36, a 252 and a 349. THESE GUYS WERE DRIVING TOP TIER HEAVIES and TDs. We’re down there fighting mediums heavies and lights vs a light and a medium and somebody needs to throw in and help. Idgaf about kill shots, get those guys off of me, do your job, do anything other than what you’re doing because what you’re doing is being a worthless sack of rubber dog terds. 

It’s this way game after game. I’m playing under focus at Mach V, mind is racing, making decisions, watching my shots bounce([edited]), relocating, showing up somewhere I’m not expected, turning turrets and being a general pain in the [edited] to everyone on the red team while my guys sit in their hands and watch. Anybody doing SOMETHING could help we sway a lot of games. Instead they’re content to do nothing and I use up my tank and watch them lose an end game they should have never had if they’d have just done ANYTHING. My kind of fun doesn’t exist in blitz anymore, you see it at times but not nearly as much as you see the opposite.

Stupidity breeds uselessness and brothers, there’s an abundance of stupidity overflowing the queues at all tiers. Something needs to change or everyone is going to get fed up with it and quit, even the stupid.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

ARandomGenieGuy #11 Posted 21 April 2019 - 07:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16484 battles
  • [CRUEL]
I will soon post a topic regarding the current meta and why the player base seems more noobish overall. Just need to put my thoughts together and gather some data. 

ARandomGenieGuy #12 Posted 21 April 2019 - 07:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16484 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View Postzeur0sis, on 21 April 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

This lol. 

wrecker1968 #13 Posted 21 April 2019 - 08:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 40394 battles
  • [HOUSE]
23 games  And I lost 20 of them. That means 120 other players lost too. Since WG has change things up, I look at things differently too.  There is 120 players that possibly got discouraged or will not spend money and the game. I go in I have a little fun and i move on to the next battle.

zeur0sis #14 Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24681 battles
  • [-1]

View PostARandomGenieGuy, on 21 April 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

This lol. 

ikr.     Wonder what his starting date is.  Lol.   That’s like over one hundred games a day for four years straight.  

Edited by zeur0sis, 21 April 2019 - 09:42 PM.

"Mm sucks just like u r face.    Now Go cry on tissue not here." ~ raj

Player_5773117413 #15 Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:23 PM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 28112 battles
  • [IRD]
Do what you can and cross fingers for the Valiant Effort at the end. Win Rate is such an obsolete concept these days, but wins still hand out greater rewards than a loss...

"HULK SMASH[er]!!!"

^ Gotta derp around in Tier 7 before the inevitable nerf! ^

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

cpcurly #16 Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16654 battles
  • [1914]

View PostBAR_001, on 21 April 2019 - 06:02 PM, said:

You're discouraged after only one lop sided game? Better buck up, it gets much worse.

no I get lots of these, sometimes the losing streaks seam endless 

acrisis #17 Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20320 battles
  • [III-X]

... and if we had a way back machine, you would see me complain about steamroll losses one way, the other way, 4 years ago ... wondering why there are so few GG???

Back then the game opened up to android, ooh teams got bad, it opened up to windows players, ooh teams got bad, ... 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

NoobieDude #18 Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3146 battles
  • [CYRUS]

View PostBAR_001, on 21 April 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

Much Much Worse.

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 21 April 2019 - 01:23 PM, said:

Do what you can and cross fingers for the Valiant Effort at the end. Win Rate is such an obsolete concept these days, but wins still hand out greater rewards than a loss...

I wanted to have a great WR in all my tanks. It will never happen with this playerbase and i'm not a big platooner.

tedg5 #19 Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:19 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 46957 battles
  • [AGOGO]

View Post4sfield, on 21 April 2019 - 06:14 PM, said:

Since j_rod has put me in the good sport pedestal, let me rant here instead of exploding on guys who have no idea what I’m saying.

I’m not, I saw a guy with 32k battles in his cruiser II a few days back. He was a monster, 65%WR and 500 avg damage. He was playing a Löwe when I saw him and he pulled down the same kind of damage. Good stats but he sucked, had no clue what he was doing and was the same kind of team mate as anyone who buys a tier VIII premium on their 1st game day.. 

Team mates make it hard on the guys that are in there trying to win. Not only do you have to find and kill the reds on your own, you have to keep them from getting you killed. Once I’m spotted, I’m tunneled for the duration because team mates won’t move out of their hiding spots to shoot at anybody. When I do get away, they pack up and follow me instead of staying put so I can exploit the flank. If I passive spot, none of my team mates are in position to take any shots so I get no assist damage for lighting up the reds. 

Guys want to either wait for a shot to appear magically in front of them, pile on behind someone else or use their underdeveloped tactical skills to run away or perform a useless flank around the long way. 

Something needs to change because I’m not having much fun lately. Being the only guy with any aggressiveness on a team is painful to tale. I want to go but can’t because the rest of my team is in a gaggle, in a depression, behind a building keeping me from being able to do anything. 

The uninvolved drive me to want to drink. It’s a tank game and there is supposed to be defined action and roles played correspondent to the vehicle type you are driving. What I see are 6 guys more worried about being spotted and shot than they are at killing red vehicles. It makes for an exhausting run after about 4 games. 

I drove around Rockfield 2 games ago for 5 minutes. I spent the 1st 2 fighting 3 tanks with a toon mate while all of the heavies and TDs flanked through the big hill and completely through the red spawn. We had to abandon when 2 other red tanks showed up so we maneuvered through the mud section rocks. Our guys went all the way around to where they should have gone to start with and watched us from up top without any shots. We killed 5 of the 7 on our own in a rolling brawl below 5 team mates who did absolutely nothing until there were only 3 red tanks left. My toon mate got killed and we barely won with me and another guy still left alive. We were the only 2 players on our team with 4 digit damage, there were 2 zeros, a 36, a 252 and a 349. THESE GUYS WERE DRIVING TOP TIER HEAVIES and TDs. We’re down there fighting mediums heavies and lights vs a light and a medium and somebody needs to throw in and help. Idgaf about kill shots, get those guys off of me, do your job, do anything other than what you’re doing because what you’re doing is being a worthless sack of rubber dog terds. 

It’s this way game after game. I’m playing under focus at Mach V, mind is racing, making decisions, watching my shots bounce([edited]), relocating, showing up somewhere I’m not expected, turning turrets and being a general pain in the [edited] to everyone on the red team while my guys sit in their hands and watch. Anybody doing SOMETHING could help we sway a lot of games. Instead they’re content to do nothing and I use up my tank and watch them lose an end game they should have never had if they’d have just done ANYTHING. My kind of fun doesn’t exist in blitz anymore, you see it at times but not nearly as much as you see the opposite.

Stupidity breeds uselessness and brothers, there’s an abundance of stupidity overflowing the queues at all tiers. Something needs to change or everyone is going to get fed up with it and quit, even the stupid.

4s has an excellent point. Always the first thing I do is look at the player lists. If I see someone like 4s there that I recognize, I make it my job to go “thier way” and try to keep them alive while not interfering with them (no blocking etc), or waving a big red flag at us. Let them do thier thing and run interference. Did this just yesterday for DMG when showed up in my game, worked out well.

Similar, I look for top clans etc, but I in those cases where I don’t know them, I also look a little closer during play to be sure thier pulling thier weight, if they appear to be meh then I’m a little more active taking a lead in what we do, but still from that location. :playing:

SpartacusDiablo #20 Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:29 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 21782 battles
  • [III-R]
I've said this before.

The only way to guarantee that there is a 60% player on your team is to be that 60%er.  

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users