Killed with less than half dmg on 1 hit

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

tarzu #1 Posted 24 April 2019 - 02:52 AM

Private

• Players
  • 4035 battles

Roughly the 6th time this happened in the last couple of days. I got hit by a single shot as shown in the stats and what I saw in the game, but completely destroyed when the hit was less than half damage. Latest example is on my SU100, got hit for 390 or so, completely destroyed, replay confirms it, stats confirm it.

Anyone else having this issue?

andyllinger #2 Posted 24 April 2019 - 02:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27990 battles
  • [--M--]

You got Ammoracked maybe?

P. S in case you don't know what that means, it is when an enemy hits your ammo and the game decides (randomly) that the hit created an explosion that destroys your tank instantly. 

Tier X: Leo.1, E50 ME100, Jageroo, MAUS, E4E5, M48, T57, Obj.140, T-62, IS-7, IS-4, Obj.268, STB-1, 4202, BC.25T.

_Ntwadumela #3 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:25 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 22021 battles
  • [_V2_]
For some reason, when you have been getting ammo racked recently, it shows the damage roll that you took and not the rest of your HP getting toasted as well. It's kinda weird.

“He Who Greets With Fire”
Get to know me on Discord: _Ntwadumela#3656
Join this Discord server while you're at it: 
sR2X6Hp

Posit1ve_ #4 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:51 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 49305 battles
  • [_V_]

In case you don't understand what the above posts mean:

Basically, inside every tank are a set of modules, parts of the tank that have their own set of "module hitpoints" (not shown), and when damaged or destroyed, they affect the function of the vehicle

Modules include the engine, turret ring, fuel tanks, gun, tracks, and ammo racks.

When modules take damage, or are destroyed, they have different effects, for example:

When the engine is damaged (turns yellow on screen), your tank moves slower, and when the engine destroyed, (i.e loses all of its module hitpoints and turns red), your tank cannot move

When the turret ring is damaged, your turret moves slow, and when the turret ring is destroyed, you cannot move the turret at all

However, when the ammo rack is damaged, you reload slower. But when it's destroyed, your tank blows up and loses all of its remaining HP, no matter what.

311 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

tarzu #5 Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:08 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4035 battles
Thanks for the thoughts guys, I'm very familiar with ammo-rack explosions (and ecstatic when I get one :P). The difference though, is that I see the full damage when I hit someone else's and it explodes, and here I'm not seeing the full damage register in my own indicator. It could just be a bug where it doesn't show on my personal indicator if I've been hit, but it's definitely bizarre. I'm going to watch the replay in slow motion and see if I can figure out where I got hit exactly.

Edited by tarzu, 24 April 2019 - 01:08 PM.

acrisis #6 Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20320 battles
  • [III-X]
You could also upload the replay to wotinspector . com and it will show the shot log, and we'd get to check it with you :) 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

plsdontkillmexxx #7 Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4878 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostPosit1ve_, on 24 April 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

In case you don't understand what the above posts mean:

Basically, inside every tank are a set of modules, parts of the tank that have their own set of "module hitpoints" (not shown), and when damaged or destroyed, they affect the function of the vehicle

Modules include the engine, turret ring, fuel tanks, gun, tracks, and ammo racks.

When modules take damage, or are destroyed, they have different effects, for example:

When the engine is damaged (turns yellow on screen), your tank moves slower, and when the engine destroyed, (i.e loses all of its module hitpoints and turns red), your tank cannot move

When the turret ring is damaged, your turret moves slow, and when the turret ring is destroyed, you cannot move the turret at all

However, when the ammo rack is damaged, you reload slower. But when it's destroyed, your tank blows up and loses all of its remaining HP, no matter what.

What effect does the fuel tank being hit have, and losing half the fuel? It doesn't seem to have any consequence.

disclaimer: hopefully this post is not too long, or short, is not about a topic already discussed, is in the right place, will not annoy, antagonise, or upset anyone, or otherwise give cause for complaint, cause me to be chastised by the powers that be, and not deleted or locked. Peace, out!

BorisBaddenov #8 Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:40 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 23208 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 24 April 2019 - 05:21 AM, said:

What effect does the fuel tank being hit have, and losing half the fuel? It doesn't seem to have any consequence.

None.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

acrisis #9 Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20320 battles
  • [III-X]

Fuel tank damage seems inconsequential. 

I don't recall getting hit in the gas tank twice and being immobilized without fuel or getting set on fire or exploding. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

_Cletus #10 Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21696 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 24 April 2019 - 07:21 AM, said:

It has no immediate consequence, you'll never run out of fuel.  It does mean that your fuel tanks were damaged and if they get hit again they'll probably catch fire.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar by crpl_hicks

A good heavy driver knows how to make shots bounce off their armor, how to use cover while fighting at the front, when to get out there and just take the shot to protect his team, to keep the reds attention focused so his team can flank, and to consistently do damage while all of that happens.  

minitel_NA #11 Posted 24 April 2019 - 05:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

Modules Hp vary from modules to modules and from tanks to tanks.

each has a specific chances to receive dmage if a shell trajectory collides with theirs hitbox.

Damage occurs when more than half the module hp is gone.

destroyed occurs when entire hp is gone.

But module damage is much trickier as each module has a different set of consequences.

Fuel tank damage, no consequence.

fuel tank destroyed, you are on fire.

engine damage, tank slow down.

engine destroyed : now power, but tank is not blocked, u could roll down a hill backwardsm, uncontrollably...

Plus, engine has 20% chance of taking fire upon each hit!

if u use armor inspector, 

you can see module locations, 

gun capacity to hit them (needs to pen, and then depth reach is 10x caliber) 

Modules chance of being hit (tracks are 100%, but some are much lower)

Module Damage per shot (depends on guns, unrelated to caliber or alpha)

module hp (depends on the module and tank)

Chances of damaging them after several shot ( multiplies ur chances)

Chances of destroying them after several shots (same )

originalpicture size :

https://i.imgur.com/DdOWdVf.jpg

Edited by minitel_NA, 24 April 2019 - 05:35 PM.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users