New missions format

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: The new missions format (37 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

The new missons format is great!

1. Affirmative. (25 votes [67.57%])

Percentage of vote: 67.57%

2. Negative (12 votes [32.43%])

Percentage of vote: 32.43%

Vote Hide poll

tedg5 #61 Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:36 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 46957 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Overall it’s good, however, got to the last crate today and....3 credit boosters, big whoop. :sceptic: If getting to last crate is that difficult then reward should be better. I felt like crates to that point were better rewards. 

plsdontkillmexxx #62 Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:59 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4775 battles
  • [XHALE]
A good result. Most players wouldn't have got all that tho.
disclaimer: hopefully this post is not too long, or short, is not about a topic already discussed, is in the right place, will not annoy, antagonise, or upset anyone, or otherwise give cause for complaint, cause me to be chastised by the powers that be, and not deleted or locked. Peace, out!

alladinzain #63 Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3690 battles
  • [-EVE-]

View Posttedg5, on 25 April 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

Overall it’s good, however, got to the last crate today and....3 credit boosters, big whoop. :sceptic: If getting to last crate is that difficult then reward should be better. I felt like crates to that point were better rewards. 

The previous missions were easier to achieve and the rewards were stated up front and you could decide if a mission was worth skipping/upgrading. Getting a "daily trifecta": all 3 missions completed, with a mastery, and in an anniversary tank - was a real achievement. That wont be possible any longer, even for unicums. 

Now we are grinding a new intermediate currency for chance containers. 

The weekly chance containers look enticing, I got gold out of the already claimable one and the 2nd one looks quite achievable this week. Next week opening the 2nd weekly chance container will require a daily average of  7 "new missions" to open. 

Yes we are still getting something for free, really it is a chance to get something for free. Although the goal posts have been moved further away they have been made potentially bigger.

AKWolf1 #64 Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:03 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 70681 battles
  • [CMIND]
They are definitely giving out more credits with these missions, but I am also noticing I seem to be losing WAY more credits than I would normally.  Did they secretly lower credit earnings?  

CA_vampire #65 Posted 26 April 2019 - 06:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24268 battles
  • [MOMB]

So, I finished all my missions for the first time today. And what did I get in the last crate? Three (3) crew boosters! Amazing huh? All this work for 3 boosters!!!

And for those who did not notice: In the previous system we knew what we are going to get after completing a mission. Now we don't. It's crates.

And of course the intention is to have the kids get used to crates. This makes it easier to make kids buy crates in the future. But the WG cheerleaders will tell you that this is great. At first I believed that these people are getting paid by WG, but now I don't know... There is a lot of stupid guys out there. These players may just accept what they are served, like good brainless soldiers, who knows...

__V_O_P__ #66 Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:30 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28169 battles
  • [CURSD]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 25 April 2019 - 02:42 AM, said:

“...You just have to apply yourself a little bit and avoid making mistakes. I saw you in battle this am. You were high tier, flanked town with the team, you peeked out, I spotted you, you took some hits, retreated ... then drove out the same way???  Was the first salvo including a big hit from one our TDs, not a reason to go into health preservation mode, keeping your head down, .... ???...”

There must have been a reason why I did. Maybe I thought the threat had gone? In some games I do worse than others, like if I'm tired, get distracted, or whatever, or simply make a bad choice.

So your disability is cognitive not physical?

__V_O_P__ #67 Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:35 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28169 battles
  • [CURSD]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 25 April 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

The new mssions are too hard. I got the first box, but look what I have to do to go any further.. http://auslink.space/wotb/missions.jpg

So I wont be doing any more.

Many of those “too hard” missions build on each other. If you tooned in a light tank while playing supremacy you’d have been working on all of those unfinished missions at the same time. 

plsdontkillmexxx #68 Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:42 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4775 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostCA_vampire, on 26 April 2019 - 04:59 PM, said:

So, I finished all my missions for the first time today. And what did I get in the last crate? Three (3) crew boosters! Amazing huh? All this work for 3 boosters!!!

And for those who did not notice: In the previous system we knew what we are going to get after completing a mission.

And it was just ONE task to get what you knew you would. Now it's "do a whole heap of things to get a crate to give you an unknown reward".

Now we don't. It's crates.

And of course the intention is to have the kids get used to crates. This makes it easier to make kids buy crates in the future. But the WG cheerleaders will tell you that this is great. At first I believed that these people are getting paid by WG, but now I don't know... There is a lot of stupid guys out there.

Want an example of stupid? A guy was blocking me in a game and wouldn't move, even tho I kept 'hinting' that he needed to move, by repeatedly driving into his tank and also shooting it. I chatted him after the game and told him not to block. He said "yeah, I get that a lot". So then I had to explain to him that he mustn't postion his tank so that it prevents others from moving forward or back, because he didn't understand/know what blocking meant. Like, that needed to be explained to him?? sheesh!

These players may just accept what they are served, like good brainless soldiers, who knows...

Soldiers aren't brainless. They just commit to following orders like they're supposed to

Edited by plsdontkillmexxx, 26 April 2019 - 09:48 AM.

disclaimer: hopefully this post is not too long, or short, is not about a topic already discussed, is in the right place, will not annoy, antagonise, or upset anyone, or otherwise give cause for complaint, cause me to be chastised by the powers that be, and not deleted or locked. Peace, out!

acrisis #69 Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20320 battles
  • [III-X]

Of course WG pushes crates, because it is another opportunity to condition young people into gambling, tease people with free boxes, odds are you get more meaningless and valueless rewards ...

Is it cynical to think that maybe these boxes will be stacked more favorably, to entice people to gamble more in other crate events? 

I gave up on crates way back when, because they're 99% boosters and useless crap I don't want ... I dislike gambling ... and hate what the gaming industry as a whole, has come to for revenue model. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Bait_Car #70 Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:14 AM

Mr. Nice Guy

• Players
  • 48978 battles
  • [HELLS]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 25 April 2019 - 04:16 AM, said:

One of the missons I have at present is to "destroy four enemy vehicles in one battle". The number of times I've done that are very few and far between, so WG are virtually telling me "we're not letting you get the top box!"

last night I played longer than I should have so that I could finish my last mission and get the final crate.  I got 3 xp boosters in that crate. That lesson taught me to not be so concerned about completing all of the missions. Hope this helps. 

My Fun Tanks:

I-Otsu          IV-DW2      VII-IS2

II-T26          V-T67

III-T46         VI-KV1S

Kiser_Sosei #71 Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:31 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 30894 battles
  • [III-R]
Yup the mission systems as it stands now it like that crane game in the arcade. You might grab the prize but it will most likely fall out before you get it to the drop box.

Its all trickery.

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

DanAnsomeHansome #72 Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36534 battles

It’s a win-win. Play a little , get a little. Play a lot, get a lot.

AKWolf1 #73 Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 70681 battles
  • [CMIND]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 25 April 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

The new mssions are too hard. I got the first box, but look what I have to do to go any further.. http://auslink.space/wotb/missions.jpg

So I wont be doing any more.

They’re not that hard. I have completed 9-10 and 8-10 the past two days. I just won’t get any of the toon ones as I don’t like to toon. If you’re running tiers 9-10, it does make it easier to get some missions done, as they get more xp and higher damage rates.  

CA_vampire #74 Posted 27 April 2019 - 05:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24268 battles
  • [MOMB]

View PostDanAnsomeHansome, on 26 April 2019 - 07:02 AM, said:

Or play a lot, get a little. 

Barny227 #75 Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33434 battles
  • [MOMS]

View PostDanAnsomeHansome, on 26 April 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

^^^^

This.

I kind of like the new mission format.  The rewards that I have gotten so far with it seem to be better than in the old mission format.

Just this morning I opened the bottom weekly crate.  I got 250 gold, 60,000 credits and, 15,000 free xp.  This is a very descent reward for just playing the game like I always do.

fedsnbr #76 Posted 27 April 2019 - 04:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 52584 battles
  • [STRYK]
I like the new system better. It offers more stuff to do and more to earn. If you plan it a bit carefully - like, do supremacy only until you've got the supremacy specific mission, or play more big guns for the damage missions - you can comfortably finish most missions in 1-1.5 hours of play time. The win 3 in a row is the only one I have run into so far that actually depends a bit more on luck because of, you know, "the teams", but then that's when you whip out your OP tank I guess. (I've also skipped the platoon ones but that's just me playing solo most of the time.)

Rou_Garou #77 Posted 27 April 2019 - 09:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25225 battles
  • [69T]

the real reward is the big weekly crate.  If you are going to stress out on a crate, this would be the one to go for.

It's pixels. your life will go on.  Just play your game well, learn from your mistakes and the good play by other and enjoy the ride.

Or go on complaining about free stuff you don't get in a game and be miserable.

o7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users