New missions format

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: The new missions format (38 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

The new missons format is great!

1. Affirmative. (26 votes [68.42%])

Percentage of vote: 68.42%

2. Negative (12 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

Vote Hide poll

cheesehead247365 #21 Posted 24 April 2019 - 02:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12719 battles
  • [-EZ-]
Its too unnecessarily complicated.  It was simple before, and I like simple.  It takes too long just to read the list of mission FFS.  

Zuke76 #22 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:14 PM

Get zuked

• Players
  • 17660 battles
  • [FL-TH]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 24 April 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

yeah, cos you're not a 40% player. And even so, depending on what the missions are, you will still need to play about 30 to 50 games a day to do all the missions.

hmmm, it only took me about 20 games to do all of them

_Cletus #23 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:23 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 25239 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostTonnerreCadien, on 24 April 2019 - 08:11 AM, said:

Top chest will be hard to get most days, mais comme ça dit, "C'est la vie."

That's my nickname for my wife.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

acrisis #24 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20542 battles
  • [III]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 24 April 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

And talent, ability, intellect, dexterity, responsiveness, disability, age, etc., etc., is irrelevant, right? I can tell you right now without a shadow of a doubt that I will/would never be a unicum player if I played this game for a thousand years. :)

So, are you actually saying that you don't have any of those? Are severely disadvantaged in some way? 

Do you think everybody in game is 7-18 years old in the prime of their gaming life? 

Or that you're the only one who might have a few extra years on them with some decreased dexterity, aches and pains ... ?

Where there is a will, there is a way.   

One of the best WOWSB players only has one hand ... yet he plays on a tablet using the default controls designed for two handed use. WOTB is not rocket science and is actually quite forgiving as a game, since everybody has armor, shots can bounce, in only exceptional cases is one dead in one shot or mere seconds. As opposed to other more complex games where you move about ... 0.5 seconds later you're dead due to one or two incoming shells from pretty much any enemy. 

You just have to apply yourself a little bit and avoid making mistakes. I saw you in battle this am. You were high tier, flanked town with the team, you peeked out, I spotted you, you took some hits, retreated ... then drove out the same way???  Was the first salvo including a big hit from one our TDs, not a reason to go into health preservation mode, keeping your head down, .... ??? 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

j0nn0 #25 Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:42 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 19664 battles
  • [XREGS]
Acrisis, I'd assume he relies on his nickname to keep him alive if I saw that sort of play. 

I may have a few too many tanks. I think I was over 150 in garage by last count.

twirlingtowardsfreedom #26 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30958 battles

I quite like the new format, at least that's my initial reaction.

• Completely removed the compulsion to play twice a day, hard for those carrying a job
  • Added a small level of skill based rewards, a good nod to the better player base. Nothing too crazy but you can't simply 40% grind to a level 2 M.
  • It's enjoyable to see progress after battle for the big damage total goals
  • Gets players out of their comfort zone with varying objectives
  • Rewards those playing more, not less, aka what keeps the lights on
  • Even if daily goals are too taxing, or hated (platoon or tank requirements etc), the weekly container will be fairly easy 

TonnerreCadien #27 Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:16 PM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 44941 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Post_Cletus, on 24 April 2019 - 09:23 AM, said:

That's my nickname for my wife.

"Top Chest?" You sound like a lucky man....

jx1pteO.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

TunaSandwichNA #28 Posted 24 April 2019 - 06:31 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5398 battles
Reminds me of the PC version.

Kiser_Sosei #29 Posted 24 April 2019 - 06:35 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 32349 battles
  • [III-R]
Ok yeah I agree daily its a bit of a chore to reach the 120 chest. I played for an hour yesterday and did not make 100 keys.

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

__Crusader6__ #30 Posted 24 April 2019 - 06:43 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 60131 battles
  • [-C6-]

View PostKiser_Sosei, on 24 April 2019 - 01:35 PM, said:

Ok yeah I agree daily its a bit of a chore to reach the 120 chest. I played for an hour yesterday and did not make 100 keys.

Took me about 35 min this am for 108 -- I had to wait for Ratings to come available to get my last mission.

At the end of the day - it is free* stuff, you don't have to do missions -- prior to Spare Parts I ignored missions just fine.

*free; other than your time.

Tank Hoarder: 385 tanks in Garage:  377/387 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

gsauce1 #31 Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 54456 battles
  • [TYPHN]
I don’t like that we lost the xp missions which helped with grinding though

Kiser_Sosei #32 Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:40 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 32349 battles
  • [III-R]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 24 April 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

Took me about 35 min this am for 108 -- I had to wait for Ratings to come available to get my last mission.

Yeah some missions are very hard to get. I had the win 3 in a row. LOL that never happens. I lined up two wins 3 times and then hmmm somehow I lost the third.

I like the 24 hour clock but they should offer enough missions for say 140 keys but still only require 120 for the chests. This way you could skip a couple.

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

shadynastys #33 Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20259 battles
  • [5TH-D]
Too early to tell.  But I liked that with the old way I could sometimes complete all 3 missions in one game. I suspect I'll be getting less free stuff than I used to, but it's still free.  Weekly crate seems like a bonus so maybe with that it will even out.  It will be interesting to see how WGing ties events to the missions as they've done in the past.

plsdontkillmexxx #34 Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9824 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 25 April 2019 - 12:10 AM, said:

Cant skip any missions.

I don't platoon - so I want to be able to skip those missions -- Nope, cant.

I don't play Tank Destroyers - so I want to be able to skip those missions - Nope, cant.

I don't play Supremacy - so I want to be able to skip those misisons - Nope, cant.

I think the format is ok - and maybe with 10 or so missions available being able to skip one or two is not as big of a deal.  When we had just three missions, then being able to skip one is more important.

Peace-

Boris

The crucial point is that unless you do ALL the missions, and within 24 hours, you cannot get the last daily box. And how many missions you finish each day determines what boxes you can get.

The previous system had several advantages..

1. You knew what the mission 'prize' was

2. You could choose missions to complete based on what you needed- credit or exp or whatever

3. There was no time limit on any mission. Missions never expired

4. You could skip missions for free, or as many as you wanted for gold

5. Progess on missions was not lost unless you skipped them

Edited by plsdontkillmexxx, 25 April 2019 - 02:49 AM.

Don't be fooled by my winrate. I'm really a unicum in disguise.

plsdontkillmexxx #35 Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9824 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostTonnerreCadien, on 25 April 2019 - 12:11 AM, said:

When missions first came out, I'd ignore them, and then at the end of a battle, I would get informed that I had completed one, and I'd say, "Okay. That's cool." I think maybe I'll go back to that way of thinking. I'm not going to be going into every game saying "I need to kill six more heavies!" - I'll lose focus.

Exactly

I'll just try to win every match, and I'll complete the missions when I complete them (or not, as the case may be).

You wont be getting as much as with the old system then. But actually I think I'll be doing the same, just ignoring missions. I don't want to HAVE to play rating battles, or TD's, or Platoon, or Supremacy, etc.,

Top chest will be hard to get most days, mais comme ça dit, "C'est la vie."

Edited by plsdontkillmexxx, 25 April 2019 - 04:09 AM.

plsdontkillmexxx #36 Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9824 battles
  • [XHALE]

View Postcheesehead247365, on 25 April 2019 - 12:29 AM, said:

Its too unnecessarily complicated.  It was simple before, and I like simple.  It takes too long just to read the list of mission FFS.  

I agree

plsdontkillmexxx #37 Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9824 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostZuke76, on 25 April 2019 - 01:14 AM, said:

hmmm, it only took me about 20 games to do all of them

Depends on what the missions are. In the example I gave, you would have had to play a minimum of 27 games just to get the wins, and still would not have completed all the missions

plsdontkillmexxx #38 Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9824 battles
  • [XHALE]

View Postacrisis, on 25 April 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

So, are you actually saying that you don't have any of those? Are severely disadvantaged in some way? 

No. I'm saying they're factors in determining ones performance.

Do you think everybody in game is 7-18 years old in the prime of their gaming life? 

Or that you're the only one who might have a few extra years on them with some decreased dexterity, aches and pains ... ?

Where there is a will, there is a way.   

You're wrong. It's not a matter of will alone. Everyone has a limit in whatever they do. Or perhaps you think you could run as fast as Usain Bolt by determining to do so?  :)

One of the best WOWSB players only has one hand ... yet he plays on a tablet using the default controls designed for two handed use. WOTB is not rocket science and is actually quite forgiving as a game, since everybody has armor, shots can bounce, in only exceptional cases is one dead in one shot or mere seconds. As opposed to other more complex games where you move about ... 0.5 seconds later you're dead due to one or two incoming shells from pretty much any enemy. 

You just have to apply yourself a little bit and avoid making mistakes. I saw you in battle this am. You were high tier, flanked town with the team, you peeked out, I spotted you, you took some hits, retreated ... then drove out the same way???  Was the first salvo including a big hit from one our TDs, not a reason to go into health preservation mode, keeping your head down, .... ??? 

There must have been a reason why I did. Maybe I thought the threat had gone? In some games I do worse than others, like if I'm tired, get distracted, or whatever, or simply make a bad choice. And do you know what game it was? What tank and map? I may have the replay.

Edited by plsdontkillmexxx, 25 April 2019 - 09:50 AM.

plsdontkillmexxx #39 Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9824 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostKiser_Sosei, on 25 April 2019 - 04:35 AM, said:

I was one key short of the 100 chest but had to quit. I don't like any game functions that involve a timer.

plsdontkillmexxx #40 Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9824 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostKiser_Sosei, on 25 April 2019 - 05:40 AM, said:

Yeah some missions are very hard to get. I had the win 3 in a row. LOL that never happens. I lined up two wins 3 times and then hmmm somehow I lost the third.

I like the 24 hour clock but they should offer enough missions for say 140 keys but still only require 120 for the chests. This way you could skip a couple.

Yes, good thought. But you're asking WG to be kind and generous. That's a big ask considering it's WG!

Edited by plsdontkillmexxx, 25 April 2019 - 09:49 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users