New missions format

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: The new missions format (38 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

The new missons format is great!

1. Affirmative. (26 votes [68.42%])

Percentage of vote: 68.42%

2. Negative (12 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

Vote Hide poll

plsdontkillmexxx #41 Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9489 battles
  • [XHALE]
One of the missons I have at present is to "destroy four enemy vehicles in one battle". The number of times I've done that are very few and far between, so WG are virtually telling me "we're not letting you get the top box!"

Edited by plsdontkillmexxx, 25 April 2019 - 04:17 AM.

Don't be fooled by my winrate. I'm really a unicum in disguise.

alladinzain #42 Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4595 battles
  • [-EVE-]

View PostKiser_Sosei, on 24 April 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

Yeah some missions are very hard to get. I had the win 3 in a row. LOL that never happens. I lined up two wins 3 times and then hmmm somehow I lost the third.

I like the 24 hour clock but they should offer enough missions for say 140 keys but still only require 120 for the chests. This way you could skip a couple.

I appreciate the new missions, the old ones were a bit limited in scope and relatively easy. But I wonder how many users will achieve the top chest? I feel the bar is quite high.

I like the 140 keys suggestion to provide some flexibility in choice of missions.

I limit myself to around 10 battles per day so for now will just aim top open the first 2 containers. Considering how many battles the top chest requires is pushing into diminishing returns territory. 

The new sets of missions include some of those missions that users were complaining about a few updates ago - Rating, Supremacy, Retaliation. These will exclude some players who dont do ratings battles or dont have tier VI or above vehicles.

plsdontkillmexxx #43 Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9489 battles
  • [XHALE]

View Postalladinzain, on 25 April 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

I appreciate the new missions, the old ones were a bit limited in scope and relatively easy.

They offered more benefit for less effort.

But I wonder how many users will achieve the top chest? I feel the bar is quite high.

agree

I like the 140 keys suggestion to provide some flexibility in choice of missions.

same

I limit myself to around 10 battles per day so for now will just aim top open the first 2 containers. Considering how many battles the top chest requires is pushing into diminishing returns territory. 

The new sets of missions include some of those missions that users were complaining about a few updates ago - Rating, Supremacy, Retaliation. These will exclude some players who dont do ratings battles or dont have tier VI or above vehicles.

plsdontkillmexxx #44 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9489 battles
  • [XHALE]

The new mssions are too hard. I got the first box, but look what I have to do to go any further.. http://auslink.space/wotb/missions.jpg

So I wont be doing any more.

__Crusader6__ #45 Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:23 AM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59543 battles
  • [-C6-]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 25 April 2019 - 04:41 AM, said:

The new mssions are too hard. I got the first box, but look what I have to do to go any further.. http://auslink.space/wotb/missions.jpg

So I wont be doing any more.

None of those are significantly difficult.    

Honestly its a a pretty good system - and if it nudges some players into different games and play styles,  Good!

Tank Hoarder: 383 tanks in Garage:  375/385 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

plsdontkillmexxx #46 Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9489 battles
  • [XHALE]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 25 April 2019 - 08:23 PM, said:

Honestly its a a pretty good system - and if it nudges some players into different games and play styles,  Good!

Expert players always see things so differently to us plebes, don't you  :)

j_rod #47 Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:53 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22207 battles
  • [CRU2L]
If I were to guess, one of the reasons they implemented the new system is to try to get players to play more games each day. With the old system, there were times you could complete all three missions in one or two games whereas now is going to take quite a few games to get the better rewards

_Cletus #48 Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:13 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 24565 battles
  • [HAHA]
So I finally got to play some, and sure enough it was pretty easy to get all but the platoon mission done.  I sure do miss the ability to skip a mission.  Otherwise I do like it better.  I never paid attention to the old missions, I'd just check to see if I had a platoon mission and skip it, and then as I played I'd pass the missions automatically.  With the new system I'm paying more attention so I can complete the missions, so I'm gonna say better overall.  

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

Kiser_Sosei #49 Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:16 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 32148 battles
  • [III-R]
Yeah I changed my vote. As is... it sux. You have to get the last two missions to get the last two chests. Sorta like the carrot on a stick you will never reach. One mission was get 4 class 2 or higher badges. The master system has been busted for over a year now. There is no way to make that happen. The other was get 24 K in damage. While obtainable that is far too much time.

I like the 24 hour clock... the rest is WG trickery.

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

CA_vampire #50 Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26497 battles
  • [MOMB]

One of my missions was to get 1300 base XP!

Another one was to win 3 in rating battles, but I usually play in times that rating battles are not available. 

This feels like an event, not like daily missions. 

WG should add the ability to skip two missions, or this will actually backfire since most players will be disappointed.  

CA_vampire #51 Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26497 battles
  • [MOMB]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 25 April 2019 - 03:23 AM, said:

As it happens often, idiots fail to understand that this game is trying to be accessible to average players, and not only to players with 50,000+ battles. 

twirlingtowardsfreedom #52 Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:26 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30282 battles

View PostCA_vampire, on 25 April 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

As it happens often, idiots fail to understand that this game is trying to be accessible to average players, and not only to players with 50,000+ battles. 

I would argue that the new system does both. Average players can get the first two crates easily, and often get the third if they are willing to invest time that day. Players with 50K battles or higher skills can get all of them, again with time included (though the true Super Unis and beyond can do it in a blink). And while we'll have to test this next week, I'd bet the weekly container is an easy get if you mostly hit the second chest. WG needs people playing the game, and wants to reward people who play the game at a high volume - they keep the servers full and waiting counters low.

The only real tweak that is needed is a 'skip one mission' thing. The illusion of choice is important.

Edited by truman1000, 25 April 2019 - 08:27 PM.

SpartacusDiablo #53 Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:27 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 24914 battles
  • [III-R]
The new missions are great.  The pay out is far better and honestly the missions are not hard.  Win 4 in a platoon?  Kill 4 TD's?  Get X amount of damage?  

These missions allow a player to turn out all of their daily missions in one session.  You don't have to worry about coming back later to do a second set.

I think having the option to skip a mission would be nice but all in all I give the new system a 8 out of 10 and two thumbs up.  

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

SpartacusDiablo #54 Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:42 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 24914 battles
  • [III-R]
One more point. I hear complaining about not being able to obtain the final crate? Why should you be able to? Why should it be easy? It is a reward for completing a series of tasks.  It isn't a handout.

Even without the final crate the new missions are already paying out better than the old system did. Be grateful for that instead whining that you can't always get all the free stuff that you wanted.

Edited by SpartacusDiablo, 25 April 2019 - 08:52 PM.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

minitel_NA #55 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 25 April 2019 - 08:42 PM, said:

One more point. I hear complaining about not being able to obtain the final crate? Why should you be able to? Why should it be easy? It is a reward for completing a series of tasks.  It isn't a handout.

Even without the final crate the new missions are already paying out better than the old system did. Be grateful for that instead whining that you can't always get all the free stuff that you wanted.

Maybe it’s me. Maybe I got used to complete all missions in 2-3 games (except the platoon 5 games which I skipped if I could).

but now, this is another story.

After missions had me play more heavy games than entire last month, 

After they had me run encounter only for 14 games, which I also had turned off forever...

Then

it still took me 8 hours to complete « kill 4 in a single game ».

it felt like the old mission « ammorack someone »

that got me the final crate which included...

3 money boosters. 

Not the fancy ones, the regular ones.

i’m done with missions forever.

im going to mind my own business, one hour yolo AMX at a time.

bye missions.

Edited by minitel_NA, 25 April 2019 - 09:27 PM.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

__Crusader6__ #56 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:49 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59543 battles
  • [-C6-]

View PostCA_vampire, on 25 April 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

So don’t be average then.  

Tank Hoarder: 383 tanks in Garage:  375/385 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Rou_Garou #57 Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28199 battles
  • [509AB]

They are challenges that are available on top of the 3 daily crates.  If you can, then it is more free stuff.  If not, then you will learn from trying.

If you review them all first and you will notice that you can combine several by using one type of tank to get the dmg, xp, or kills you need to win x number battles in encounter or supremacy.  These challenges can only help your game if you approached properly.

Don't rush inBe patient and Don't brawl unnecessarilyKnow your tanks and enemy tanks;  Know your tanks' role;  

Knowing maps allows situation awareness; Mini-map is a mighty map;  Drive to cover;

Fight like you have no armor; Relocate and reset camo oftenBe the lover of cover;  

Hull down is OP; Stay on high ground; Don't go where you don't know

plsdontkillmexxx #58 Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9489 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostCA_vampire, on 26 April 2019 - 06:07 AM, said:

One of my missions was to get 1300 base XP!

Another one was to win 3 in rating battles, but I usually play in times that rating battles are not available. 

This feels like an event, not like daily missions. 

Yep! It feels like having an event every day

WG should add the ability to skip two missions, or this will actually backfire since most players will be disappointed.  

Edited by plsdontkillmexxx, 25 April 2019 - 11:59 PM.

plsdontkillmexxx #59 Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9489 battles
  • [XHALE]

View Postminitel_NA, on 26 April 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

Maybe it’s me. Maybe I got used to complete all missions in 2-3 games (except the platoon 5 games which I skipped if I could).

but now, this is another story.

After missions had me play more heavy games than entire last month, 

After they had me run encounter only for 14 games, which I also had turned off forever...

Then

it still took me 8 hours to complete « kill 4 in a single game ».

it felt like the old mission « ammorack someone »

that got me the final crate which included...

3 money boosters. 

Not the fancy ones, the regular ones.

i’m done with missions forever.

im going to mind my own business, one hour yolo AMX at a time.

bye missions.

In the old system you could do a mission to get (say) 1,500xp. I don't see that happening in the new system. And if you didn't get it one day, you could get it the next, because the mission would still be there. Also, you didn't have to complete lots of missions you didn't want to, and spend a shipload of time to do it.

__Crusader6__ #60 Posted 26 April 2019 - 12:12 AM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59543 battles
  • [-C6-]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 25 April 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

In the old system you could do a mission to get (say) 1,500xp. I don't see that happening in the new system. And if you didn't get it one day, you could get it the next, because the mission would still be there. Also, you didn't have to complete lots of missions you didn't want to, and spend a shipload of time to do it.

Reward crates seem to payout a lot better than previous missions.   

The weekly reward I got this week (two days of completing missions plus the 330 bonus keys we got at update) finished it.  

180k credits, 3,500 free exp, and 15 Green boosters for crew training - and a frozen soil tier X camo.   

In total in the last two days I’ve netted;

425 Gold

1,250,000 credits 

some avatars (yeah lucky me) 

some camouflages

boosters (yeah me fun fun fun) 

free exp 

some tier 9 training thing (I have all the tech tree tanks so useless) 

At the end of the day, it’s free but for your time - complete them or ignore them at your leisure. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users