"When you are a unicum, you can have an opinion."

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

TheDirtdart #1 Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:57 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17041 battles
  • [82ABN]

Yep, got that in a message yesterday. I found it one of the most arrogant things anyone in this game has sent me. Then went on on how he was going to ban me using "uniban" <--- I laughed a little at that one.. for 60-days.

So I took his advice. https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/shadydirtdart 

I guess now I can have an opinion. 

Today has been rough. 10K damage in 3 games...all losses. Between the losses of late and Mr. Unicum, sometimes you just want to punch yourself in the face. 

ShootinSabot #2 Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:05 PM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 20491 battles
  • [SPUD]
Well I guess I had better be quiet then, Maybe we should have a unicums only section of the forums so they don't have to be inundated with options from the great unwashed.A place where they can discuss the best track grousers to use in order to get that extra .0003% performance. 

Full time Spud, part time potato 

Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 

_Cletus #3 Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:16 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23409 battles
  • [HAHA]
I thought the fennel stem thread was unicum only.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar by crpl_hicks

Conan, what is best in lifeTo crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

acrisis #4 Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20335 battles
  • [III-X]

Wouldn't he be surprised if he got a nice little 1 week or 1 month chat ban for threatening somebody with a ban / impersonating a moderator / staff member. 

Well worth the screenshot and ticket for that to happen. 

:trollface: 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Urinal_Puck #5 Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5014 battles
Kill ratio: Infinite

TheDirtdart #6 Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17041 battles
  • [82ABN]

View PostMorphman11, on 25 April 2019 - 03:20 PM, said:

[moderated]

Hey man, personally I try every battle. But, unlike some I never re-rolled (save my smart [edited] exception above) and have worked my way from a 40 something % WR to kissing 54%, once I understood the game. I accept that there are those who have a far greater sense of the game then I do. I accept that there are some who fall into the [edited]' category as well. 

The plebeian comment comment (mis-spelling made me giggle) brackets you more in the latter then the former. 

Acrisis, I wish I had screenshot that comment now. Chat bar resets..... 

It is OK to be frustrated in this game, it means you have a passion to win. Some perhaps take this passion too far.

GentleNova #7 Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26668 battles
  • [SRT-A]

View PostTheDirtdart, on 25 April 2019 - 06:57 AM, said:

Today has been rough. 10K damage in 3 games...all losses. Between the losses of late and Mr. Unicum, sometimes you just want to punch yourself in the face. 

It is rough because it’s tough trying to separate out what you’re doing right with what you’re doing wrong, especially when our logic of rightness is based upon winning a battle. So sometimes we can be overly critical of ourselves and want to punch ourselves in the face, even though we may have done everything right in the battle, yet lost it. But at the same time, we can win a battle and be ignorant that we sucked in it. So it’s not really about if you won or lost but your performance overall, critiquing it, regardless of a win or loss.

For myself, I’m slowly getting better but it’s hard to detach yourself and objectively separate what you did right or wrong because of the emotions from the game and that limited focus on a just winning. In effect, the more you focus on winning, the less you will want to lose. Yet to truly learn, you need to fail and learn from that loss. So losing isn’t the issue, if you’re learning in the process. If you’re losing and ignorant of your failures and thus not learning at all, well that’s truly losing to me. 

TheDirtdart #8 Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17041 battles
  • [82ABN]
Yep. 

ShootinSabot #9 Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:43 PM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 20491 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostGentleNova, on 25 April 2019 - 09:18 AM, said:

It is rough because it’s tough trying to separate out what you’re doing right with what you’re doing wrong, especially when our logic of rightness is based upon winning a battle. So sometimes we can be overly critical of ourselves and want to punch ourselves in the face, even though we may have done everything right in the battle, yet lost it. But at the same time, we can win a battle and be ignorant that we sucked in it. So it’s not really about if you won or lost but your performance overall, critiquing it, regardless of a win or loss.

For myself, I’m slowly getting better but it’s hard to detach yourself and objectively separate what you did right or wrong because of the emotions from the game and that limited focus on a just winning. In effect, the more you focus on winning, the less you will want to lose. Yet to truly learn, you need to fail and learn from that loss. So losing isn’t the issue, if you’re learning in the process. If you’re losing and ignorant of your failures and thus not learning at all, well that’s truly losing to me. 

Sorry, you are not quite a unicom yet so your opinion may not be valid.:hiding:

I think this ties in with the 30% autowin/loss theory. I find the auto wins to be the most detrimental to my progress. You can do things wrong with out realizing it, but it was a win so you try it again and again and again.

Tankie_the_Blitzbot #10 Posted 25 April 2019 - 06:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1082 battles
I approve this message.

GentleNova #11 Posted 25 April 2019 - 06:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26668 battles
  • [SRT-A]

View PostShootinSabot, on 25 April 2019 - 09:43 AM, said:

I think this ties in with the 30% autowin/loss theory. I find the auto wins to be the most detrimental to my progress. You can do things wrong with out realizing it, but it was a win so you try it again and again and again.

I’ve been a "unicum" repeatedly off and on since June 2016 when I first crossed the threshold to 60% (back when I was in STORM). I’ve been treading water ever since then going above and below the waves repeatedly. Haven’t learned to adapt yet to the noob apocalypse but I’m still trying.

Good point about the auto win.  This is why I haven’t evolved yet. What I learnt about the tactical and strategic aspects of the game, got me to here. But I need to go beyond these things and learn more about the adaptive aspects of the game to go further. But I’m too stuck in using old "reliable" methods that got me wins to get here, rather than experimenting and losing with new methods which will help me learn how to evolve beyond this point. In effect, each dimension of the game only takes you so far and you’ll hit a plateau using those methods.

PS. I guess what I’m trying to say as well is that not even Unicums fully understand the depth of the game as whole. Only Super Unicums really do. But as you go deeper through these different dimensions of the game, it gets harder and harder to articulate these different dimensions , with the adaptive dimension being the hardest of all. It’s why it’s hard for Super Unicums to teach these deeper dimensions because it’s often difficult to articulate or even see in their gameplay, especially if you’re only seeing the game from just a shallower tactical perspective. So when a sub 50% player watches a Super Unicum replay, it just "looks easy" for the Super Unicum but they’re not really see the deeper things going on that the Super Unicum has the heightened awareness to see. 

Edited by GentleNova, 25 April 2019 - 06:26 PM.

TheDirtdart #12 Posted 25 April 2019 - 06:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17041 battles
  • [82ABN]
One of the best adaptations that it took me the longest to reconcile is the role of a tank but map. Every tank plays slightly differently on various maps. Playing the same tank the same way on all maps is a mistake. One I still make every now and then. 

AOT_Jaeger2 #13 Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:08 PM

Dazed and Confused

• Players
  • 17258 battles
  • [ASLAN]
As someone with *decent* stats, I’d say the whole “unicum opinions are the only ones that matter,” is straight up wrong. Good stats matter, yes. When I see a player complaining about the game being rigged, or anything in that vein, I can automatically assume it’s a 40%er who just doesn’t get it. However, when I see someone being an absolute what-have-you in chat, right at the beginning of the match calling their team all noobs or the like, I can reliably assume it’s a “unicum.” However, when I see a player who immediately says nice things, offers constructive thoughts, or encourages teamwork, it’s often a member of the 45-55% range. 

Garage: T7 CC, R35, Light VIC, Tetrarch, M4A2E4, PzKpfw. IV Anko SP, KV-2, Strv. 74A2, LTTB, SU-122-44, IS-3, IS-5, KV-5, Lowe.

Was #24 VK 30.01 (P) Player in NA, #32 in Luchs

Stats:http://www.blitzstar...com/AOT_Jaeger2

Youtuber? I guess?

SpartacusDiablo #14 Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:55 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 23693 battles
  • [III-R]
My opinion is the only one that matters.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

ARandomGenieGuy #15 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18072 battles
  • [CRUEL]

Dont let him win your morale. Sh¡t talkers are abundant. Neither give attention to the reroll above. Try to keep improving. Would recomend to watch the replays of the games you lost and figure out what you could do better. A defeat is really sh¡tty but if you pay attention you are winning something in exchange, knowledge on what you did wrong or could have done better.

I suffer from the syndrome of taking worse choices every consecutive loss I take. I do battles hotheaded rushing for a win and often times I omit very important decissions that cost me the game. Try to relax, stop playing for some minutes and then return. I have difficulty doing that but it helps me. 

Edited by ARandomGenieGuy, 25 April 2019 - 09:37 PM.

9_V0LT #16 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:42 PM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 8370 battles
  • [OGRE]

View PostShootinSabot, on 25 April 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

What the hell is a “UNICOM”?

Sounds like a Silicon Valley startup. Are they having an IPO?

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

_Duncan_Idaho_ #17 Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38325 battles
  • [DUNE_]
So, what I see in that Blitzstars stats page is an oppprotunity for an experienced player to spend the next 5000 battles pitted against new players in low tiers. WG tried to squash seal clubbers, but the new low tier structure may have just given clubbers the dream mm they are after. . . . until everyone starts doing it.

__Crusader6__ #18 Posted 26 April 2019 - 12:54 AM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 58761 battles
  • [-C6-]

View Post_Duncan_Idaho_, on 25 April 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

So, what I see in that Blitzstars stats page is an oppprotunity for an experienced player to spend the next 5000 battles pitted against new players in low tiers. WG tried to squash seal clubbers, but the new low tier structure may have just given clubbers the dream mm they are after. . . . until everyone starts doing it.

Which begs the question who cares again about those tiers...

If someone wants to reroll to club tier 1-4 for 5k battles, the jokes on them. 

Tier 1-4 where boring AF already pre 5.5, can you imaging anyone intentionally playing down there now?  

Tank Hoarder: 365 tanks in Garage:  366/368 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed. 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

ShootinSabot #19 Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:18 AM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 20491 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Post9_V0LT, on 25 April 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

What the hell is a “UNICOM”?

Sounds like a Silicon Valley startup. Are they having an IPO?

Along with not being a unicum I might need to learn to proof read better. 

TheDirtdart #20 Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17041 battles
  • [82ABN]
Crusader I can imagine it. If I really wanted to be a 60 percenter I could.... but that ship has sailed. The best I can hope for is 55 or so...according to blitz stars. So, i played ten games to make a point is all. Being good at a video game is one thing. Making it define you in life is quite another. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users