Stats/observations of a losing streak

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Urinal_Puck #1 Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3789 battles

Interesting stats/observations of my last 10 games. All were played with the pz iv G which is either slightly underpowered, I'm not playing correctly, or I'm not the best at playing.

3 Wins

7 Losses

2 out of 7 losses were complete shut outs, all our tanks were destroyed, we didn't kill a single red tank.

3 out of 7 losses were bad losses, 2 games we only killed 2 reds, 1 game where we only killed 3 reds.

2 out of the 7 losses were supremacy wins, Both of them was bad too. On one of them I think we only had somewhere around 150 points and the other wasn't close.

All 7 losses were BAD to REALLY BAD losses, nothing close.

2 out of the 3 wins I was top tier, 1 win I was #1 dmg but I attribute that win to the team working together and not something special I did. The other win I was bottom tier and the team carried me.

1 out of the 3 wins was because of me and a kv1, player_6303203783, All of a sudden it was down to me and the kv1 and we were up against 4 or 5 reds. The reds played cautiously keeping their distance and we picked them off 1 by 1 as they came. If the kv1 wasn't there I would of been erased fast. Was #1 dmg in that game too.

8 out of 10 games I was the #1 or #2 in terms of putting out the most dmg.

1 of those games I was blasted in the beginning because of unfortunate positioning, I was spotting and got instantly erased by 3. (Not a yolo)

The other one I didn't do much in the game.

---

I'm really not that good of a player, playing with an underpowered tank, and I'm constantly at the top of my teams? Something is not adding up here.

Edited by Urinal_Puck, 25 April 2019 - 03:21 PM.

cheesehead247365 #2 Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10907 battles
  • [-EZ-]
Two weekends ago, I lost 14 in a row.  Not kidding.  Then I tooned the next day and won 9 in a row.  Then later that day, I again lost about 8 in a row.  Amazing weekend of playing.  

Morphman11 #3 Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26 battles
You are using the same strategy that obviously doesn't work.

Urinal_Puck #4 Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3789 battles

View PostMorphman11, on 25 April 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

You are using the same strategy that obviously doesn't work.

That doesn't make much sense.

How did you determine I was using the same strategy?

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #5 Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11033 battles
  • [COD]

You are probably, at worst, the 2nd best player on your team without accounting for rerolls. Because the MM divide is placed at somewhere around 5000 battles, you won't face anyone with more than that many games. That is reflected in your stats; there is little to be gleaned from your sample of 10 games, as you generally win more than you lose, and deal more damage than you receive.

Is your strategy sound? I'm sure it's fine, especially considering you're playing at tier 5.

WrenchThrower281 #6 Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19338 battles
  • [T_W_O]
The trick is to change vehicles or just stop playing for a awhile. ,Lose 2 In a row, change vehicles, lose again close game come back later. It works, vehicles that I strictly enforce those rules have much better winrate and damage numbers, vehicles I get all OCD about and keep hitting battle look like crap....

GentleNova #7 Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25785 battles
  • [SRT-A]

View PostUrinal_Puck, on 25 April 2019 - 07:18 AM, said:

I'm really not that good of a player, playing with an underpowered tank, and I'm constantly at the top of my teams? Something is not adding up here.

You have a 55% WR. You’re way, way better than the average 40 - 45% player.

You’re also obviously way more aware than them because you’re aware that you’re not that good of a player, whereas they are not aware of it.

That’s great though. Keep learning and increasing your awareness. The more you learn, the more you’ll realize and become aware of how much more there is to learn.

4sfield #8 Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:13 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 31998 battles
  • [-1]

I see new “Unicum” players all the time with thousands of battles and 65% WRs. They all play their OP tier III tanks for more than half their games. 

Seriously though, you have to learn how to get something out of your teams. A lot of times that means spotting like you said but sometimes you have to wait out your campers and once they engage you can go to work, it depends a lot on the tank you’re driving, what it’s capable of, that limits what you can get away with.  Always keep an eye on your team on the minimap because they are prone to relocate once red tanks are spotted and will leave you hanging just because they can. 

There is no scenario to relay that can tell you how to control a game because they’re all different. I struggle with camping teams or townies more than anything. A lot of times you have to multitask and use what you have to do something it’s not designed for to get things moving. The best way to do that is with something that has some speed and a decent gun. Armor is always optional once you learn how to move around without being seen. It doesn’t matter if it’s a TD, a heavy, a light or a medium. You can give up spotting distance when you have speed and a good gun. The main thing is being aware of where you need to be and having the ability to get there in time, be able to adapt. That’s the only style that works for me. 

It used to be that I was a hunter, now I’m just a babysitter most games. I can take up a strong position with shots, sit and wait until I get pinned down, bleed the reds until they kill me and the entire time my team is behind me with no shots, out of position and don’t have the skills to win it even with a numbers advantage in the end game. It does no good to play like that and leave it up to your team to finish it, you’re asking them to do the impossible. 

Get spots, prosecute targets that are already spotted with focus by moving to open up a 2nd firing lane. One target at a time, don’t overextend but don’t sit there and wait for red help to arrive and give up the initiative. Keep an eye on your guys, as I said they’ll do things that aren’t normal. Be prepared to change your plans when they do, always have an escape route available. Do not lock yourself into 1 position and sit there waiting without shots, If you don’t have a shot go find one. Don’t yolo full speed over a hill when spotting with a medium or light, use bushes and drive up to them on the angle you’re likely to get spots from. Spot and after your spotted scoot, don’t sit there and think you have to stay. It’s not necessary to shoot if you spot and aren’t spotted, it’ll still let your team know where the reds are and you’re safe until you get spotted in return. Shooting your gun will give away your position, even from behind a bush dependent upon the distance. 

We all say stay alive but there is a lot more to winning than just staying alive. Don’t uselessly trade with an enemy who isn’t going anywhere. Move around on him and get him to turn his turret or change his positioning. You don’t have to kill him if your team mates can while he’s focused on you. It’s okay to take shot but make sure your getting something for it. By contrast not taking any risks aren’t going to get you many shots but will not get you shot at. Be mindful of your hps and how many from who you can take before you’re done. If you’re low don’t go crawl in a hole, you can still sway the game with a handful of hps. Bail when it’s not going to work, I’m not saying leave your guys to die, just recognize when you need to do something else.

Sometimes you can do all that and it still doesn’t matter. Some teams are destined to lose from the start and there is nothing you can do about it. When you get on a streak like that it’s best to find a platoon mate.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

Morphman11 #9 Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26 battles

View PostUrinal_Puck, on 25 April 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

That doesn't make much sense.

How did you determine I was using the same strategy?

Humans are a creature of habit. If do something that has worked before you do it again and again with the faint hope of the same result. Not to mention majority of your battles played out the same meaning you had to be doing the same in order to receive a similar result. Quite a simple deduction. You most likely read the types of vehicles that a team has but not the fighting capabilities of each vehicle on said team.

wrecker1968 #10 Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 40394 battles
  • [HOUSE]
^^^^^^^ 26 battles and the dou che bag knows it all. Why don't you use your real account, Because everyone will dissect it and make you look like a fool? 

Hyoonn #11 Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:46 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16718 battles
  • [-MM]
Adaptivity is how u win in this game :p

TheDirtdart #12 Posted 25 April 2019 - 08:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16182 battles
  • [82ABN]
I had a horrible run. I disagree with morphman. 1 of 5. Easy 14k in damage in 5 battles. Top tank or tank or two each time. I fight depending on the map and the enemy tank set. Bottom line. If your team is a coalition of the willing you win. 

ARandomGenieGuy #13 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16484 battles
  • [CRUEL]

You have to keep in mind that accounting your win rate, which from what I have read its at 55%, about 90% of players at your current battle count threshold are really bad. You must remember that at all times since if you want to win, you will have to make double the effort and stay always on top of the damage dealt on your team. Even if you are at the top of the damage that wont guarantee you a win. Try to learn how to face multiple enemies and win.

Im not the greatest player but im decent and 85-90% of the battles I deal the most damage on my team. I always have in mind that if I dont deal the most damage on my team, we will surely loose, even doing that many times I still loose.  

Si1verBlood #14 Posted 26 April 2019 - 07:43 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12769 battles
  • [SR-71]

View Postwrecker1968, on 25 April 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

^^^^^^^ 26 battles and the dou che bag knows it all. Why don't you use your real account, Because everyone will dissect it and make you look like a fool? 

wrecker you should really watch your mouthhttps://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Morphman_

He is not the most optimistic person you can meet on the forum...but he does definitely have the experience to make his advice valuable no mather how harsh it is...

Unlike you.

Rocket_From_The_Tomb #15 Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:51 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 17008 battles
  • [MSRY]
I pee’d on you today. 

FussyRude #16 Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4548 battles
  • [AZUR]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 25 April 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

You are probably, at worst, the 2nd best player on your team without accounting for rerolls. Because the MM divide is placed at somewhere around 5000 battles, you won't face anyone with more than that many games. That is reflected in your stats; there is little to be gleaned from your sample of 10 games, as you generally win more than you lose, and deal more damage than you receive.

Is your strategy sound? I'm sure it's fine, especially considering you're playing at tier 5.

I fight against a player with +80k battles, in tier 5, explain that.

#LoveLuchs

wrecker1968 #17 Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 40394 battles
  • [HOUSE]
If that is him silver, Then why does he not use that account on the forum? Until he does I will address him as a 26 battle count wanna be know it all. And if his other account got banned from forum.  Then it was for good reason and he does not deserve any respect.     Have a nice day, cupcake

Dan_Deerso #18 Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:04 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 24224 battles
  • [III]

View PostFussyRude, on 26 April 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

I fight against a player with +80k battles, in tier 5, explain that.

The matchmaker uses thing like that as "soft rules" which it breaks if queue times grow too long.

Si1verBlood #19 Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:58 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12769 battles
  • [SR-71]

View Postwrecker1968, on 26 April 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

If that is him silver, Then why does he not use that account on the forum? Until he does I will address him as a 26 battle count wanna be know it all. And if his other account got banned from forum.  Then it was for good reason and he does not deserve any respect.     Have a nice day, cupcake

He got banned...I suspect for the way he has absolutely no inhibitors for notmal conversation...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users