Why?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

_irongiant_ #1 Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33058 battles
  • [-DERP]

Can anyone answer why tier ten is littered with absolutely horrible players? I’m not awesome but i keep getting paired up with 5 or more 40% players when the reds have have just as many 50%+.

We all keep reading post after post about unbalanced games but for Gods sake I’ve now counted 17 games in tier ten where this is the case.

Since the update my tanks seem to hit more dead air than other tanks and for some odd ball reason my tank got stuck in the open field.

Am I taking crazy pills or is my tin foil hat need adjusting?

Ronin_23 #2 Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14134 battles
  • [-INV-]

There's a lot of garbage in every tier. T10 is not exempt, unfortunately. It seems like you've had a bad run of terrible MM, but that's nothing new to most of us.

As far as your post-update derp shots and glitchiness, I think that's just your tin foil and your connection. I've noticed slight increases in lag over the past 3 updates, but can't conclusively blame any one cause.

acrisis #3 Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20335 battles
  • [III-X]

Every update and every event are a call to arms for anybody who has the game installed ... and there's a lot of 35-48% WR players out there! 

Ooooh, what's this? A wotb update! It probably has new shiny things, let me drive my biggest tank again ... 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

Kiser_Sosei #4 Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:47 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 32045 battles
  • [III-R]
WG did not think to implement any sort of skill based limitations...so all players regardless of their contribution to the team, get to play top tiers in a team only game.

Everyone gets a trophy!

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

Absolute_Sniper #5 Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 35494 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Crazy pills and tin foil hats don’t have to be mutually exclusive.

Seriously though, mad games just ended and we had an update. Two things that on their own turn teamwork into poo. With both happening in the same day it’s a double dose. I ran a few platoon games last night with CA_vampire and couldn’t find a worthwhile team to save our lives. After 5 or so losses we hopped down to tier 5 just to shake the funk off from all the amazing teams at tier 6-9.  

For me at least, no matter how terribad the teams are, I can usually get some wins running the elc. I recommend hoping in your go to tank at times like this and expect to carry each game if you wanna win.

GentleNova #6 Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26668 battles
  • [SRT-A]

View Post_irongiant_, on 25 April 2019 - 08:32 AM, said:

Can anyone answer why tier ten is littered with absolutely horrible players?

Because nothing limits them from getting there other than time. And even that can be bypassed with money now, buying a Tier X store tank. So it’s the new normal, the new environment. So you have to adapt or die. But it’s not really new, as others have noted, as it’s been building up for years. I noticed it a couple years back and it’s only increased since then. And I still haven’t gotten used to it and fully adapted yet. 

"Welcome to the best mobile team game with no teamwork!"

GentleNova #7 Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26668 battles
  • [SRT-A]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 25 April 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

For me at least, no matter how terribad the teams are, I can usually get some wins running the elc. I recommend hoping in your go to tank at times like this and expect to carry each game if you wanna win.

Thats what I’ve been noticing as well. If you’re in a decently mobile tank, allowing you to adapt to the changing battlefield quickly, you’ll probably do far better at carrying your team because you can effectively rush around fulfilling multiple roles at once.

An OP heavy can sometimes work but it’s still not as reliable as a more mobile light or medium tank. A turreted TD is not bad too but a non-turreted TD (usually my fav to play) is brutal to play now because you’re so team dependent. I usually only play mine now when I’m platooning, as I can overwatch and farm damage off my platoon mate’s spotting and positioning. 

PS. The nice thing with the way missions have changed now is that you can play any tier now without worrying about getting lower tier missions if you play a few at those tiers at the end of the night. They’re all tier independent now (well mostly since some require killing a heavy tank which you don’t see at the lowest tiers). 

Edited by GentleNova, 25 April 2019 - 05:22 PM.

_irongiant_ #8 Posted 25 April 2019 - 06:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33058 battles
  • [-DERP]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 25 April 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

Crazy pills and tin foil hats don’t have to be mutually exclusive.

Seriously though, mad games just ended and we had an update. Two things that on their own turn teamwork into poo. With both happening in the same day it’s a double dose. I ran a few platoon games last night with CA_vampire and couldn’t find a worthwhile team to save our lives. After 5 or so losses we hopped down to tier 5 just to shake the funk off from all the amazing teams at tier 6-9.

Yea, I need to uninstall this game for a few days and occupy my time with running or doing something that doesn’t make me want to snap my iPad in half.

Hyoonn #9 Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17010 battles
  • [RGN]
Story of a unicum, can't even get a game with decent 55%'ers

Morphman11 #10 Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:26 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26 battles
  • [2WEAK]
Its not like you are far away statistically to be in a position to complain.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users