I was ticked off until I watched a livestream last night

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

TheDirtdart #1 Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:51 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16187 battles
  • [82ABN]

Watched Bushka last night and I have to tell you ... it changed me. Look at the end of the day he has a great attitude when it comes to playing. He lost four or five in a row and just kept plugging along like it was nothing and with some humor. I get it, he is an influencer and compensated by WG. I don't care. He was also playing with some guys I know to be real good players. The teams just did crazy things. The guy in the stock panther set up in camp on desert sands just made me roll my eyes. 

It's not you, it's not them, it is the nature of the game. Every time you spawn into battle either the team will be able to cover a mistake or not. That mistake might be yours. In games where we have lost an I had top damage, when looking back I got out of position trying to cover someone else's bad choice. So, I bear some responsibility to that as well.

WG has reset the deck and we just have get over it. Yesterday in a mostly tier X game, some guy calls town in middleburg after hill is called. Predictably five tanks head town. Someone pings capture the base and like lemmings they head to the cap circle and within minutes they are getting shot from four sides. Frustrating. 

If you are going to keep playing with all of this madness, be cool. If my anti-183 spam in global chat bothers you, I am sorry, it is humor that is all. (183 drivers prefer soy milk to beer...etc.) 

DD

_Cletus #2 Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21631 battles
  • [HAHA]

Agreed, I'd be pretty frustrated if I couldn't maintain a positive attitude.  Last night I got ammo-racked in my WZ-112-2 by a Smasher.  I knew he had a shot at the turret, but I didn't think he'd be able to pen me, and especially ammo-rack me.  Sepp Ulrich was on my team, 0 damage, killed by the first red that saw me, it really made me question some of my life choices.  But if we let failure hold us down, we'll never have that triumphant feeling you get when you rise up and demolish reds again.

Smasher drivers like to kiss their sisters.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar by crpl_hicks

A good heavy driver knows how to make shots bounce off their armor, how to use cover while fighting at the front, when to get out there and just take the shot to protect his team, to keep the reds attention focused so his team can flank, and to consistently do damage while all of that happens.  

DanAnsomeHansome #3 Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36534 battles

I have seen videos with people uncontrollably laughing when they die and I totally envy that attitude.

ShootinSabot #4 Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19341 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostTheDirtdart, on 26 April 2019 - 04:51 AM, said:

I get it, he is an influencer and compensated by WG. 

DD

He is not compensated by WG for the channel or videos, He does get hired as a contractor for one-off events  such as Twister Cup but WG does not pay him for his channel.

On topic, Could not agree more about the attitude, sometimes your 30% auto loss battles come in bunches and all you can do is smile and move on.

Full time Spud, part time potato 

Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 

TheDirtdart #5 Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16187 battles
  • [82ABN]

^^^ why I said compensated as opposed to paid. I suspect he also does not buy tanks. But... nuance. 

I see smasher drivers as either future 183 drivers or 183 drivers in disguise  The funny thing is, for driving suck a big tank, they sure do have tiny little t rex hands. I mean I hear 183 drivers can only play on iPhone 4.

lafite2014 #6 Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36249 battles
  • [REJEX]
That’s it.....I’m taking the 183 out for a spin......and some laughs!!! Don’t hate me......

TheDirtdart #7 Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:14 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16187 battles
  • [82ABN]
I dont hate you my friend. Everyone has schlepped away from the bar in the cover of darkness with the ugliest creature in the joint with the hope that no one they know catches them.

acrisis #8 Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20320 battles
  • [III-X]

Bushka is a great human ... 

Of course not having to grind tanks, having ample credits and gold, nor worrying about wr does help. Purchased two new vessels this am ... games were basically 1 v 6 and 1 v 7 ... steamroll losses. That happening on an ongoing basis in tanks and ships gets old after a while, if you try to play smart and care about winning but not even having a chance to win, because you are down two three team members in no time flat. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

9_V0LT #9 Posted 26 April 2019 - 05:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7159 battles
  • [OGRE]

Keep in mind, if he’s playing with people you know, then he’s playing on the NA server, which is on the other side of the planet from him.  His ping has got to be 300-400. 

To to put that into perspective, I simply won’t play, if my ping is above 150. It’s just not worth it to me. 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

HugGigolo #10 Posted 29 April 2019 - 06:10 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20301 battles
  • [AGILE]

View Post9_V0LT, on 26 April 2019 - 09:54 AM, said:

Keep in mind, if he’s playing with people you know, then he’s playing on the NA server, which is on the other side of the planet from him.  His ping has got to be 300-400. 

To to put that into perspective, I simply won’t play, if my ping is above 150. It’s just not worth it to me. 

He used to get a fairly steady ~250 ms, which he regarded as playable. Then the server moved and he's 330+ with PL now. It actually moved closer to me but it's much worse than before.

CA_vampire #11 Posted 29 April 2019 - 06:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24268 battles
  • [MOMB]

View PostTheDirtdart, on 26 April 2019 - 04:51 AM, said:

Watched Bushka last night and I have to tell you ... it changed me. Look at the end of the day he has a great attitude when it comes to playing. He lost four or five in a row and just kept plugging along like it was nothing and with some humor. I get it, he is an influencer and compensated by WG. I don't care. He was also playing with some guys I know to be real good players. The teams just did crazy things. The guy in the stock panther set up in camp on desert sands just made me roll my eyes. 

1. He is a cool guy. 

2. He is a smart guy. 

3. He is getting paid, win or lose. He understands that because he is a cool smart guy. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users