Jump to content


Blitz determined to get players to play in tier 8 to 10


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

cpcurly #1 Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:00 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17017 battles
  • 1,350
  • [1914]
  • Member since:
    07-13-2014

The last few updates have had features that are geared getting players to play in tier 8 to 10. The latest carrot is the mission levels. If you research and purchase a tier 8 you get moved to mission level 3 and if you research and purchase a tier 10 you get moved to level 4.

 

as I have stated many times tier 8 to 10 is above my skill level and as a result I have not researched any  tanks above tier 7. Blitz does not seam concerned about skill level And is determined to have the player base play in these top tiers. I know it’s about the money? 

 

Should I research one line of tanks to tier 10 to get the level 4 mission level and additional bonus, or should I just accept the level 2 mission level? By what I have read many the level 4 missions would be difficult for me to complete.



Kiser_Sosei #2 Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:14 PM

    Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

  • Players
  • 31914 battles
  • 1,529
  • [III-R]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2014
Yeah level 4 is typical WG baggery. The last two missions are required to get the last two chests and they are usually quite difficult. Like I keep getting this one... (get 4 class 2 or higher mastery badges) A couple of years ago that would only take about 8 games, now...forget it.

WG sees no problem with letting players fail their way to tier 10. Its typical. The bean counters are in charge, not people who actually care about the game satisfaction.
 

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei


_Cletus #3 Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:15 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 22977 battles
  • 3,037
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

Don't stress about trying to have level 4 missions, it wouldn't be worth the pain you'd feel trying to play higher tiers.

 

My theory regarding WG's theory on pushing players to higher tiers:  Higher tiers are harder so players who aren't yet ready for them are more likely to use premium time for grinds, gold rounds, and/or to purchase high tier premiums, all of which means more fat stacks of cash for WG.


https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar by crpl_hicks

 

Conan, what is best in lifeTo crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.


TonnerreCadien #4 Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:17 PM

    Cabri dans le Maïs

  • Players
  • 44508 battles
  • 2,469
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    05-23-2015

View Post_Cletus, on 26 April 2019 - 07:15 AM, said:

Don't stress about trying to have level 4 missions, it wouldn't be worth the pain you'd feel trying to play higher tiers.

 

My theory regarding WG's theory on pushing players to higher tiers:  Higher tiers are harder so players who aren't yet ready for them are more likely to use premium time for grinds, gold rounds, and/or to purchase high tier premiums, all of which means more fat stacks of cash for WG.

Preach it. Anyone who thinks it's anything but this is a fool.


jx1pteO.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...


WrenchThrower281 #5 Posted 26 April 2019 - 01:25 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20011 battles
  • 310
  • [T_W_O]
  • Member since:
    04-18-2017
Yup, thus making tier 8 a mess of either really good players grinding credits and really bad players who rushed tiers, and swarms of tanks so very broken. Seriously, in order to win you gotta be in an op broke tank , thus actually making it balanced and everything else underpowered. At least tier 7 has wierd variety. And let's face it, if you play tier 7 or 8 you better be in dragon,drac,helsing,smasher,defender(s),type 59 Patton, Lowe ect or your gonna be having a hard time.

ARandomGenieGuy #6 Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:16 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17200 battles
  • 1,798
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014
Well bad news for everyone like you who dont do well at higher tiers. The missions not only give better rewards, but are also harder. So no Wg isnt pushing you potatoes to tier 8. One of them required to get two first class masteries. It inst hard, but you have to really be good and play well to get them. Another one required you to have 4 kills, again not hard, but it takes some time to get it done, if youre a potato youre screwed. An so on.  

_Cletus #7 Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:19 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 22977 battles
  • 3,037
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View PostARandomGenieGuy, on 26 April 2019 - 08:16 AM, said:

Well bad news for everyone like you who dont do well at higher tiers. The missions not only give better rewards, but are also harder. So no Wg isnt pushing you potatoes to tier 8. One of them required to get two first class masteries. It inst hard, but you have to really be good and play well to get them. Another one required you to have 4 kills, again not hard, but it takes some time to get it done, if youre a potato youre screwed. An so on.  

 

It isn't just the missions though.  They recently had an event where you get as many X5 exp as you have tier X tanks on all of your tier X tanks.  Only for tier X.  What message would you take away from that if you were a new player who just got your first tier 5?

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar by crpl_hicks

 

Conan, what is best in lifeTo crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.


minitel_NA #8 Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:39 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 5,044
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View Post_Cletus, on 26 April 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

 

It isn't just the missions though.  They recently had an event where you get as many X5 exp as you have tier X tanks on all of your tier X tanks.  Only for tier X.  What message would you take away from that if you were a new player who just got your first tier 5?

 

but it’s cool though, to have some things are directed to veterans. 

I can only feel normal that new players would long to be veterans some day as well.

 

i think rushing to the first tier10 is noobish.

after that they should understand, if they don’t and have rushed multiple tier10 then I consider they are hopeless.

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by minitel_NA, 26 April 2019 - 02:40 PM.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


minitel_NA #9 Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:41 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 5,044
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015
 
OP, forget about the upper missions. Even I have given up. It takes either 3 hours, either to play what I don’t want to play, either a platoon mate, etc... and u “might” get a camo, or most likely 3 meh boosters.
 
If u really want the pain, you could just research a tier8. I suggest is-3.
You don’t need to play it if you are shy, or you could play it in mad games I guess.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


Zuke76 #10 Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:51 PM

    Get zuked

  • Players
  • 17660 battles
  • 2,640
  • [FL-TH]
  • Member since:
    06-25-2017
Mission levels are to give you missions according to your skill level right?

lafite2014 #11 Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:01 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 37383 battles
  • 296
  • [REJEX]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2014
My current favorite “kill 20 tanks in a platoon”. Really? And if you don’t do much platooning? Well guess you’re not getting the big box.......

ARandomGenieGuy #12 Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:03 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17200 battles
  • 1,798
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

View Post_Cletus, on 26 April 2019 - 08:19 AM, said:

 

It isn't just the missions though.  They recently had an event where you get as many X5 exp as you have tier X tanks on all of your tier X tanks.  Only for tier X.  What message would you take away from that if you were a new player who just got your first tier 5?

The game itself pushes people to get to tier X of course. Not just the missions. All this noobfest at tier X is caused by all x5 exp, credit boosters, exp boosters, premium certificates, etc. When I played in 2014 all this extra help wasnt available. It felt harder to reach tier X. However I do like some missions being harder so any half brain idiot doesnt gets the full reward to playing poorly. Take my example above. Getting a 1st class mastery award isnt that hard, but for a potato it is. If they deal something like 900-1000 average damage they never are going to get  the award thats necessary to get the keys and so on. So I disagree with your statement. 



ARandomGenieGuy #13 Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:05 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17200 battles
  • 1,798
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

View Postlafite2014, on 26 April 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

My current favorite “kill 20 tanks in a platoon”. Really? And if you don’t do much platooning? Well guess you’re not getting the big box.......

Same I hate that [edited]mission. Inconsiderate [edited]think we have all the time in the world to play. They should delete that one. 



ARandomGenieGuy #14 Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:07 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17200 battles
  • 1,798
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

View PostZuke76, on 26 April 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:

Mission levels are to give you missions according to your skill level right?

According to your max tier. If you have tier X you have reached level 4, the maximun award tier. 



Ronin_23 #15 Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:43 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12881 battles
  • 299
  • [-INV-]
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011

People put so much responsibility on WG.

 

Yeah, they've given stuff to the people who play 8-10. That's because we're the players who play and spend the most. We matter.

 

It's good that we get content aimed at us, and it's on the people who play and struggle at low-tiers to do better there so that they can move up.

 

How is WG gonna stop the bot-tier players from advancing? They can't. It's what they'll do. They've always wanted the shiny powerful tier X tanks. It's on them to realize they're not there yet and they need to play better at 6 before going to 7, 8, 9, and 10.

 

Never gonna stop being a problem, as infuriating as I find it.



_Cletus #16 Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:48 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 22977 battles
  • 3,037
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View PostARandomGenieGuy, on 26 April 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

The game itself pushes people to get to tier X of course. Not just the missions. All this noobfest at tier X is caused by all x5 exp, credit boosters, exp boosters, premium certificates, etc. When I played in 2014 all this extra help wasnt available. It felt harder to reach tier X. However I do like some missions being harder so any half brain idiot doesnt gets the full reward to playing poorly. Take my example above. Getting a 1st class mastery award isnt that hard, but for a potato it is. If they deal something like 900-1000 average damage they never are going to get  the award thats necessary to get the keys and so on. So I disagree with your statement. 

 

I agree with everything you say here.  I was saying that WG is encouraging noobs to play high tier battles, and they are.  You are talking about the new mission system, and I agree, they don't need to make it easy to complete.  I would like to skip a mission though, not to make it easier, just less annoying for those who don't like to toon or play ratings.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar by crpl_hicks

 

Conan, what is best in lifeTo crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.


cpcurly #17 Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:51 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17017 battles
  • 1,350
  • [1914]
  • Member since:
    07-13-2014
Okay I will remain at level 2 as advised by many of you

Th3Parasit3 #18 Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:51 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 8680 battles
  • 77
  • Member since:
    12-27-2017

View Postcpcurly, on 26 April 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

Okay I will remain at level 2 as advised by many of you

 

Only go as high as tier 8. Get level 3 at most. 

 

I honestly think that blow back is going to come from the missions that those with tier 10 tanks are getting. 



fortune_FM #19 Posted 27 April 2019 - 03:46 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 17265 battles
  • 68
  • [5TH-D]
  • Member since:
    01-27-2016
Seen a lot of premiums purchased tier 8 and 9 with under 1-2k games... Best players ever...

j0nn0 #20 Posted 27 April 2019 - 04:01 AM

    F2P Skrub

  • Players
  • 18941 battles
  • 2,959
  • [XREGS]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View Postcpcurly, on 26 April 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

Okay I will remain at level 2 as advised by many of you

By all means, try to get the highest mission lvl possible so that you have more chances of getting the mission crates easier. There's no point not to and every tier of play can teach you somethig new. However, it is up to you to learn from and apply it. I do sugget a Russian or American heavy as the first tier ten since their grinds are the most forgiving if you ever decide to try tier ten.

 

P.s. i may have some incorrect assumptions of this new mission system since there isnt exactly a clear explanation 


Edited by j0nn0, 27 April 2019 - 04:03 AM.

Words to live by

 I try to play all my tanks to ruin somebody’s game.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users