Missions TDs

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

TonnerreCadien #1 Posted 01 May 2019 - 10:38 AM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 44633 battles
  • [HAHA]

Pretty simple question: I have fourth tier missions, and it really seems to be trying to get me to play a lot of TD battles. Is it like this for everyone, or is it individualized for me? The reason I ask is I wonder if it's trying to get me to play TDs more, because I have by far the fewest battles in them?

Overall, I really like the new mission system; I could do with fewer TD battles, though. I sold my SU-85 yesterday so I wouldn't be tempted to "mission chase" in it. Boy, did WG ever ruin that tank.

jx1pteO.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

Darth_Gerbil #2 Posted 01 May 2019 - 10:57 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41093 battles
  • [CH]

I’m getting the same and I don’t play TDS very often.

SlenderKiller101 #3 Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12189 battles
Stop sealclubbing. You like ruining low tier player's games? People like you ruin the game. They change from HT to LT to MT to TD every couple days. Why not learn to play and get a grip with your IS-6

0DxPJMO.gif

"A good plan violently executed right now is far better than a perfect plan executed next week."-George Smith Patton

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/SlenderKiller101

tedg5 #4 Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:57 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 49576 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Not enough data yet draw conclusions, but I don’t see any pattern to my missions. The last two I’ve gotten my share of “win a bunch in light tanks” though, I hope this is just bad luck. :playing:

TonnerreCadien #5 Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:58 AM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 44633 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostSlenderKiller101, on 01 May 2019 - 05:55 AM, said:

Stop sealclubbing. You like ruining low tier player's games? People like you ruin the game. They change from HT to LT to MT to TD every couple days. Why not learn to play and get a grip with your IS-6

Funny, I don't remember asking for your opinion. I don't come to your house when you're doing your pastime, and knock the **** out of your mouth!

Edited by TonnerreCadien, 01 May 2019 - 01:03 PM.

jx1pteO.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

BorisBaddenov #6 Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:49 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24550 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostTonnerreCadien, on 01 May 2019 - 02:38 AM, said:

Pretty simple question: I have fourth tier missions, and it really seems to be trying to get me to play a lot of TD battles. Is it like this for everyone, or is it individualized for me? The reason I ask is I wonder if it's trying to get me to play TDs more, because I have by far the fewest battles in them?

Overall, I really like the new mission system; I could do with fewer TD battles, though. I sold my SU-85 yesterday so I wouldn't be tempted to "mission chase" in it. Boy, did WG ever ruin that tank.

TC,

Missions seem random to me, but you’re mileage may very. I had the TD mission yesterday, or the day before.  It is gone now, replaced by a platoon mission.  

Peace-

Boris

PS.  :)

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

TonnerreCadien #7 Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:00 PM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 44633 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 01 May 2019 - 06:49 AM, said:

TC,

Missions seem random to me, but you’re mileage may very. I had the TD mission yesterday, or the day before.  It is gone now, replaced by a platoon mission.  

Peace-

Boris

PS.  :)

Shame on you. You KNOW it drives me nuts, yet you persist nonetheless. According to Dante, there is a special level of the Inferno for people like you.

PS: :D

Edited by TonnerreCadien, 01 May 2019 - 01:03 PM.

jx1pteO.jpg

_Cletus #8 Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:13 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 24565 battles
  • [HAHA]

I've had it for TD's and for heavies, and lord knows I drive heavies a lot so I don't think it's looking at your play history when it's assigning those particular tank class missions.

:)

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

tpcshadow #9 Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33014 battles
  • [SPUD]
They seem to be randomly pulled from a set of missions. I've had Heavy and Medium missions so far; don't remember any light or TD ones.

cheesehead247365 #10 Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12257 battles
  • [-EZ-]
I've had a heavy mission (win 5 in a heavy), a medium mission (win 10 in a med), a light mission (win 5) and a TD mission all in the last few days.  Seems to be even for me, and I mostly play TDs and meds.

4sfield #11 Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:45 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

View Posttedg5, on 01 May 2019 - 06:57 AM, said:

Not enough data yet draw conclusions, but I don’t see any pattern to my missions. The last two I’ve gotten my share of “win a bunch in light tanks” though, I hope this is just bad luck. :playing:

View Posttpcshadow, on 01 May 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

They seem to be randomly pulled from a set of missions. I've had Heavy and Medium missions so far; don't remember any light or TD ones.

These^

Yesterday was the 1st time I’d played since the update and I didn’t look at the missions until I was done. I completed every mission that wasn’t tank specific easily and then noticed I had a TD and heavy tank mission. 

It’s not a big deal, they should be just as easy. The only issue I saw was guys laying back and stealing kills. I had a Raisin stolen from me in my very 1st game, it’s the 1st time I’ve seen it deliberately done. The guy was loaded and waited for me to arrive and shoot 1st. I let him have it afterwards.

Edited by 4sfield, 01 May 2019 - 01:46 PM.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

__Crusader6__ #12 Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:16 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59543 battles
  • [-C6-]

They seem to rotate, yesterday I had light and heavy, and kill TD’s etc . Today I have medium, heavy, Supremacy and platoon.  

But it most importantly each ‘final chest’ has given me 3 purple booster, so extra effort into missions is not worth it IMHO 

Tank Hoarder: 383 tanks in Garage:  375/385 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

Fu_Manchu_ #13 Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11487 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostSlenderKiller101, on 01 May 2019 - 04:55 AM, said:

Stupid fking response. What does that have to do with the question posed in this thread?

As for the TD missions, I've had a mixture of light, medium, heavy and TD missions. Once, I had the light and the medium on the same day. That was really annoying. But I've also had supremacy and encounter missions on the same day.

All in all, I like the new missions but when there is one I really don't feel like doing (e.g. TDs, rating, platooning), then I just leave it know that a) the mission will be replaced the next day and b) the last crate seems to always give the worst rewards so it's not a big deal.

AKA HanYolo_.

zulton55 #14 Posted 01 May 2019 - 02:32 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16837 battles
  • [ZLTN]

Yesterday I had win: 5 battles in a TD, before that it was heavy and lights, before that it was mediums.

I have had quit a few needing me to destroy 5 TD's as well.

ARandomGenieGuy #15 Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18072 battles
  • [CRUEL]

Someone woke up in a bad mood. I miss the downvote button.

Edited by ARandomGenieGuy, 01 May 2019 - 05:33 PM.

ARandomGenieGuy #16 Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18072 battles
  • [CRUEL]
I also get those TD missions. Also I get the medium ones. The only TDs I have played from the tech tree was back in 2014 until tier 4 lol. They are so team dependent I refuse to play them. The only exception is box tank. I complete my TD missions with it and if you load those premium AP shells you’re basically the Death Star of tier 6. Although it’s huge as fk and I hate that.

Ookla_the_Mok #17 Posted 01 May 2019 - 05:32 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28238 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Stupid opinion. 

The game has hundreds of tanks spread across tiers. Veteran players should be able to roll out in whatever they want. Have fun in tanks, embrace variation. 

The only issue with playing lower tiers is when someone brags about their WR when they have 3K games in the old A-20. 

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

fangs58 #18 Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 41934 battles
  • [WHC]
Today was a TD mission day. I had to put two back in the garage. What you say makes sense. I think I needed 16 kills in enounter battels and 20k damage for two of my missions. This went along with my win 5 battles in a TD. So I just ran the Firefly to get the damage mission done. That being said yesterday was light tanks. Monday was heavy tanks. I get everything but medium tanks which is where I spend most of my time. 

ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

https://www.blitzsta.../1022508815.png

4sfield #19 Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:55 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

View Postfangs58, on 01 May 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

Today was a TD mission day. I had to put two back in the garage. What you say makes sense. I think I needed 16 kills in enounter battels and 20k damage for two of my missions. This went along with my win 5 battles in a TD. So I just ran the Firefly to get the damage mission done. That being said yesterday was light tanks. Monday was heavy tanks. I get everything but medium tanks which is where I spend most of my time. 

I had to win 8 games in a TD and 10 in a light. It took me 14 games to win that many with a TD because no one knows how to play together with TDs. No one spots, the heavies are in your spots. You might as well play the game blindfolded. I’m still working on the light tank mission, 5 games in and I have 4 wins.

It’s pretty crazy how your chances of winning dramatically increase when you play something mobile with a punchy gun. You’d think WG would notice something like that and try to fix it. Instead they see the fast tanks with punchy guns as the problem so they nerf them.  It doesn’t cross their minds that no one learns how to play because they’re too scared to move and don’t want to be derped or take a round from a heavy to the face.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

malatya1 #20 Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:03 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8522 battles
Have not had any heavy or td missions (I don’t own either).  Had some supremacy missions at first...haven’t seen those in a couple of days (maybe because I didn’t do them).  Still getting toon missions, though less every day (only one today).  Don’t platoon.  Finished 9 of 10 yesterday and today. I’m enjoying these new missions.  Two cents worth.

Also tagged with Missions, TDs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users