• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Urinal_Puck #1 Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6922 battles

Title says it all.

Quesitons:

Is armor as effective as KV-1? It seems like I'm not getting as many bounces in the 1s than I was in the 1.

Which gun? 21 second reload gun?

What strategy should I be employing? Stay in the back? Stick with someone? Yolo?

What else should I know about this tank?

GentleNova #2 Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27816 battles
  • [SRT_]

I played it with the bigger alpha gun with longer reload. I always stayed near people because once I fired, I could get easily rushed without support (similar to a KV-2 or Smasher with their long reload). I found the armour to be great, especially hull down or sidescraping. I tried to avoid rushing out unless I was pushing on meds / lights who would have a harder time penning me. Heavies and TDs can still punish you out in the open, if you’re not careful. 

All in all, I loved this tank, as I love big alpha tanks, especially ones you can peek a boom with. 

Ookla_the_Mok #3 Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:48 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28238 battles
  • [BRSKT]
Use the big gun.

The armor is not as bouncy as the KV-1 for the tier.

You are relatively mobile and the alpha is amazing... so this is your template. Move with other tanks and be a threat, but avoid being the tip of the spear whenever possible. Ideally you hang with the front and drop bombs on people when reloaded. Wiggle and move to maintain the threat when necessary.

On the long reload, look for chances to relocate to new cover before popping out to wreck faces. I personally suggest speed boost as suddenly moving off to a new side and setting up a firing angle can turn a battle.

Basically, think ambush and alpha, similar to box tenk and KV2 at tier.

KV-1S doesnt get talked about like other tanks, but it is a lot of fun and shines at tier 6.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

___ez_e___ #4 Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63155 battles
  • [GORT]

Use the top gun.  Protect lower plate, protect hatch (mainly for capable players), and side scrape.   

For peek a booms try to do it hulled down.  

For tanks like arl44, consider apcr depending on situation (you should eventually get a feel for proper ammo selection). 

Typically, I’ll look for the best matchup first, then smash the enemy.    Your teammates should be able to take care of what’s left of enemy. Look for another enemy and rinse and repeat.    

If you ever seen me in game I can toon with you.   

Edited by ___ez_e___, 02 May 2019 - 08:37 PM.

Morphman11 #5 Posted 03 May 2019 - 12:43 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles
  • [2WEAK]
85mm gun is statistically the best gun. 

Sepp_Ulrich #6 Posted 03 May 2019 - 02:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 41019 battles
  • [21DAK]
Use the top gun.
The Angel of Verdun

TonnerreCadien #7 Posted 03 May 2019 - 02:35 AM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 45049 battles
  • [HAHA]

Ookla's advice is spot-on; use the big gun. I did best in it when I ran with someone who would stick with me to protect me on reloads. The armor is fairly troll, but try not to rely on it. Use hard cover and wait until you know the red has shot. 

There were times when I loved this tank, and times when it made me pull what little hair I have left out. I eventually rage-sold it. Where I found it useless was when I'd get caught by a light toon (say, for example, a pair of VK 28s). 

Edited by TonnerreCadien, 03 May 2019 - 02:36 AM.

jx1pteO.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

Urinal_Puck #8 Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6922 battles
Thank for all the replies, wr slowly improving.

It seems like towards the end of a battle when your team mates die off it's really easy for the reds to surround the kv1s, any effective strategies for this situation other than keep your distance as much as possible?

ez_e, I'll be on the lookout for you in game, thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users