"Nub T49" - or properly played...

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

__Crusader6__ #1 Posted 07 May 2019 - 05:22 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59595 battles
  • [-C6-]

I want to firstly point out - this is not intended to be a brag post -- I uploaded it simply as an educational video on the rewards of patience - and to play your tank to it's role.

If you watch the video - 

I get spotted at 0:48, I move out of an area where I could get hit.

I have a shot on the IS-5 - but RNG says no - and I miss (the joys of T49 gunnery) - I am spotted and roll back to cover.

I jokcey back and forth on reload - watching both my screen and the minimap.

But watch how we lose our first tank the T-54 Lt Wt, - it is sad and needless.  -- he's clearly spotted and rolls forward taking hits on a hill in full view of a plentitude of red guns --- don't do this.

We start to focus the reds who we outnumber -- 3 reds still unspotted.

Green Pershing goes down into the river - totally nullifies his gun depression and turret armor.

At around 1:40 the red "flank" is seen in town.

I push forward deeper on the "island" as I know I can't stay where I was -- I risk a shot - but I gambled due to the red guns being focused elsewhere and do not take any hits - despite my quicker but more exposed route.

2:04 Green Pershing is creamed in the open of the river valley -- whoops.

By 2:18 Green T34 has been taken out by the red "flank".

3-0 red team 

The VK 100 jumps down to the river valley - perhaps to get away from the reds behind - but which gives him no place to use his armor, he could have tucked to the side of the ridge - but alas.

3:1 when our team gets the T54E1 

2:46, I need to rotate to deal with the Scorpion.

3:15 - 3:2 red when our 704 takes out the one shot IS-5

3:18 - briefly 3:3 when I take out the Scorpion - but quickly back 4:3 when we lose the 704.

The 5:3 red when the VK pushes into red.

Watch the rest...

Tank Hoarder: 383 tanks in Garage:  375/385 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

acrisis #2 Posted 07 May 2019 - 05:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20500 battles
  • [III]

GG.

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

RommelTanker #3 Posted 07 May 2019 - 05:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4330 battles
  • [_DX2_]
I play my Leopard PT A this way as well, and it works just as well at Tier 10 as it does at Tier 8. GG.

Blitz Forums' resident Leopard PT A main.

I have discovered the glory of the Tiger 1. 

He who types many stupid essays and boasts about bad Leopard PT A stats.

I'm probably one of the only players in the game with over 5,500 WN8 in a Tier 1 tank. If that's not the most useless achievement ever I dunno what is.

HE does more damage than AP... in loopy land. 

4sfield #4 Posted 07 May 2019 - 05:48 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

Gg, well played

Guys play scared and cowardly and don’t do anything to help. They take up bad positions without shots and sit there and wait to get flanked. 

Then they call you nub because it’s your fault they suck.

I’ve played the same game a hundred times since Friday night. 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

j0nn0 #5 Posted 07 May 2019 - 05:51 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 19403 battles
  • [XREGS]

I've grown used to that sort of reaction so i hardly notice when they complain at me. More often than not, it's by some guy who died early and wants to be an armchair general. Once in a while I respond and humor them, then ask if they're happy with the result. Obviously, they're never satisfied.

Nice work regardless. I do have one small criticism though. You have 10 HEAT rounds but dont use them.until you've tapped out on HE. I personally run 8 HEAT and the rest HE, swapping ammo when presented with side turret shots like you had on the t32 if i have the luxury of aim time and high chances of penetration. 

I may have a few too many tanks. I think I was over 150 in garage by last count.

__Crusader6__ #6 Posted 07 May 2019 - 05:59 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59595 battles
  • [-C6-]

View Postj0nn0, on 07 May 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

Nice work regardless. I do have one small criticism though. You have 10 HEAT rounds but dont use them.until you've tapped out on HE. I personally run 8 HEAT and the rest HE, swapping ammo when presented with side turret shots like you had on the t32 if i have the luxury of aim time and high chances of penetration. 

Fair point.  I’ve gotten use to failing with HEAT on the sides of US tanks - so I basically don’t gamble and go for the less dmg but guaranteed damage with HE.  

Honestly the only thing I usually shoot HEAT at is the face of a T54E1, and sides of Germans.  

Tank Hoarder: 383 tanks in Garage:  375/385 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

RonaldusMaximus_ #7 Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8108 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Post4sfield, on 07 May 2019 - 01:48 PM, said

I’ve played the same game a hundred times since Friday night. 

^^^ This

I was playing Canyon Supremacy in my Type 61, I went to scout B to light them up and the entire team stayed at spawn. Our Mauschen stayed under cover the entire game playing sniper while the rest of us get eaten alive flanked on both sides. And I get a PM from him to delete the game because I caused zero damage.

Great video!

What I really enjoyed was the play by play summary. I wish more replays posted here did that, I would watch more if they did.

View Post_Cletus, on 23 October 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

I don't know how I feel about Ronnie cosplaying a 9 year old with a stranger on the internet.....

__Crusader6__ #8 Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:09 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59595 battles
  • [-C6-]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 07 May 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:

^^^ This

I was playing Canyon Supremacy in my Type 61, I went to scout B to light them up and the entire team stayed at spawn. Our Mauschen stayed under cover the entire game playing sniper while the rest of us get eaten alive flanked on both sides. And I get a PM from him to delete the game because I caused zero damage.

Great video!

What I really enjoyed was the play by play summary. I wish more replays posted here did that, I would watch more if they did.

Thanks - and I feel your pain about being at B when the team sits in spawn. 

The main reason I did the summary is because I think it helps.  

I haven’t figured out how to do voice over or otherwise under text into a movie.  

The best Blitz videos for me are the educational ones - the ones where folks explain their actions, as I think it serves a purpose.  

ARandomGenieGuy #9 Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18072 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Nice gameplay and good carry. Although the enemy team gave you an easy time by leaving the medium hill for yourself uncontested. Also I wonder what’s even the point of the derp gun if you dealt many 200 damage shots? You did maybe 3-4 shots which dealt full damage. Not trying to offend you, since you did 4K damage but it seems you would be better of with the other top gun.

RommelTanker #10 Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4330 battles
  • [_DX2_]

View PostARandomGenieGuy, on 07 May 2019 - 10:21 AM, said:

Nice gameplay and good carry. Although the enemy team gave you an easy time by leaving the medium hill for yourself uncontested. Also I wonder what’s even the point of the derp gun if you dealt many 200 damage shots? You did maybe 3-4 shots which dealt full damage. Not trying to offend you, since you did 4K damage but it seems you would be better of with the other top gun.

It's a force of habit. Lots of us players who played the pre-nerf T49 became used to the god-like power of the derp gun, so we rarely run anything else.

Plus running the 90mm makes it a taller Ru 251 with worse HE so what's the point.

Blitz Forums' resident Leopard PT A main.

I have discovered the glory of the Tiger 1. 

He who types many stupid essays and boasts about bad Leopard PT A stats.

I'm probably one of the only players in the game with over 5,500 WN8 in a Tier 1 tank. If that's not the most useless achievement ever I dunno what is.

HE does more damage than AP... in loopy land. 

__Frostbite #11 Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:30 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 24529 battles
  • [-0]

I just got the T49 this week and its been a blast. Here are my observations:

- derp gun is nearly unplayable until its fully maxed, and then it's just tolerable to work

- why's the bloom so bad when you turn the turret :/

- the amount of 3k damage games followed by 300 damage games is absurb lol, this tank is really hit or miss

its definitely balanced. its definitely capable still, but its balanced. the derp can be crazy or it can troll. but still, it has good mobility and is definitely a tank that can perform with a unicum driving. 

highest damage is 4.8k with a loss. might make a video on it later. 

thanks for taking the time to make the video and the thread, C6

rusty.

__Crusader6__ #12 Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:30 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59595 battles
  • [-C6-]

View PostARandomGenieGuy, on 07 May 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

I’d play the Ru or BlackDog for 90mm lol’s. 

T49 means Low Velocity 152mm - To me it’s about the fear factor a lot of tanks won’t push you, at least the ones that could do it quickly when you got the big gun.   They’re worried about taking an 800+ HE hit and getting set on fire.   

But yeah it’s frustrating a lot of times to simply land at 200 Dmg.  

__Crusader6__ #13 Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:37 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59595 battles
  • [-C6-]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 07 May 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

I just got the T49 this week and its been a blast. Here are my observations:

- derp gun is nearly unplayable until its fully maxed, and then it's just tolerable to work

- why's the bloom so bad when you turn the turret :/

- the amount of 3k damage games followed by 300 damage games is absurb lol, this tank is really hit or miss

its definitely balanced. its definitely capable still, but its balanced. the derp can be crazy or it can troll. but still, it has good mobility and is definitely a tank that can perform with a unicum driving. 

highest damage is 4.8k with a loss. might make a video on it later. 

thanks for taking the time to make the video and the thread, C6

You will learn to love it.  It’s my 5th most played tank (140, 7/1, M46 and Löwe are ahead) but it’s only 31 games out of first. 

To me the 49 is a relaxing tank to play. Due to the glacier pace of the reload I can pay greater attention to the battle than I do in other Lights.  

I enriched it a week before the nerf - but it’s still a good tank.   

RonaldusMaximus_ #14 Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8108 battles
  • [HAHA]
Ive had it for a month or so, I enjoy the Derp, but the lack of acceleration really makes me just want to play the Bulldog. Hate that I struggle to get up hills into those good hidey spots.

View Post_Cletus, on 23 October 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

I don't know how I feel about Ronnie cosplaying a 9 year old with a stranger on the internet.....

__Crusader6__ #15 Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:45 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59595 battles
  • [-C6-]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 07 May 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

Ive had it for a month or so, I enjoy the Derp, but the lack of acceleration really makes me just want to play the Bulldog. Hate that I struggle to get up hills into those good hidey spots.

Sometimes it’s a bonus - you arrive just in time to Derp the red that got there first.   

Like the hill at Mines - it’s perfectly time to be able to nail someone trying to push the mouth.  

It does however ever need to be played differently than any other tier 7+ light due to the reload.  

___ez_e___ #16 Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 62894 battles
  • [GORT]

Gg

That's the spot I prefer from that side.    

The key is not to over push.  Again in my younger days I would have over pushed and get annihilated.  

Great demo of getting shots and not taking damage for the end game.  

Bet you wanted that first shot back.  I was mad for you that it missed.  Darn rng!

__Crusader6__ #17 Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:53 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59595 battles
  • [-C6-]

View Post___ez_e___, on 07 May 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

Gg

That's the spot I prefer from that side.    

The key is not to over push.  Again in my younger days I would have over pushed and get annihilated.  

Great demo of getting shots and not taking damage for the end game.  

Bet you wanted that first shot back.  I was mad for you that it missed.  Darn rng!

Yeah first shot bugged me - I probably should have been more patient in my aim.   

Totally agree on the ‘spot’.  I will only push further if I’m supported (and that spot was already taken).  

I kind of had expected some Red to cross.  They had better speed in the Ru and T54 LtWt and follow on with the T54E1 - but I appreciate they didn’t.    The red lack of crossfire really hurt them - and they really didn’t get it till late game when their townies showed up - but they never really challenged me other than the Skorpion who stopped in the river.  

_Cletus #18 Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:57 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 24861 battles
  • [HAHA]

I liked it, except for that nub T49 that ruined it by doing all that damage and killing all the bad guys.

Sorry, but somebody had to call  you a nub T49.  That was a fun match to watch, being patient without being passive is a skill that most of us have not mastered.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

minitel_NA #19 Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 07 May 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

I want to firstly point out - this is not intended to be a brag post -- I uploaded it simply as an educational video on the rewards of patience - and to play your tank to it's role.

If you watch the video - 

I get spotted at 0:48, I move out of an area where I could get hit.

I have a shot on the IS-5 - but RNG says no - and I miss (the joys of T49 gunnery) - I am spotted and roll back to cover.

I jokcey back and forth on reload - watching both my screen and the minimap.

But watch how we lose our first tank the T-54 Lt Wt, - it is sad and needless.  -- he's clearly spotted and rolls forward taking hits on a hill in full view of a plentitude of red guns --- don't do this.

We start to focus the reds who we outnumber -- 3 reds still unspotted.

Green Pershing goes down into the river - totally nullifies his gun depression and turret armor.

At around 1:40 the red "flank" is seen in town.

I push forward deeper on the "island" as I know I can't stay where I was -- I risk a shot - but I gambled due to the red guns being focused elsewhere and do not take any hits - despite my quicker but more exposed route.

2:04 Green Pershing is creamed in the open of the river valley -- whoops.

By 2:18 Green T34 has been taken out by the red "flank".

3-0 red team 

The VK 100 jumps down to the river valley - perhaps to get away from the reds behind - but which gives him no place to use his armor, he could have tucked to the side of the ridge - but alas.

3:1 when our team gets the T54E1 

2:46, I need to rotate to deal with the Scorpion.

3:15 - 3:2 red when our 704 takes out the one shot IS-5

3:18 - briefly 3:3 when I take out the Scorpion - but quickly back 4:3 when we lose the 704.

The 5:3 red when the VK pushes into red.

Watch the rest...

The other day I was looking for my own name on YouTube, in the hope of finding my own channel.

nope.

On the other hand I found out that someone uploaded one of my games lol.

without consent or knowing, but at least I’m credited with my name on it. 

why that one game ? Why me ?

dunno. But here is the T49 game.

at least it’s a good game. I am not bragging either, it’s not even my video...

Enjoy :

Edit 

Omg I watched that game too many splash ... so unlucky...

I was wondering when u would run out of ammo mate... u need more HE. 

Edited by minitel_NA, 07 May 2019 - 08:05 PM.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

Kiser_Sosei #20 Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:26 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 32237 battles
  • [III-R]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 07 May 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

I enriched it a week before the nerf - but it’s still a good tank.  

So does it break even or do you actually make some credits being enriched?

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users