Clans With Active Training / Scrimmaging?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

GentleNova #1 Posted 08 May 2019 - 04:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26933 battles
  • [SRT-A]

Applications we put into SPARTA [SRT-A] were accepted. Thanks for people’s feedback and suggestions. 

Does anyone know of any clans that are actively engaged with weekly training and/or scrimmages? I’m not just talking about them occasionally doing this but doing it on a consistent weekly basis on set days.

I’m noting that many seem to do tournaments but not seeing many advertising training / scrimmaging to practice for tournaments.

My platoon mate Shadodark (58% WR) and I (60% WR) are looking for a clan. We normally only have time for platooning with each other late evenings (8 PM - 10 PM PST) but I’d like to find a clan where I can participate and contribute to training either newer recruits or help with scrimmage practice for tournaments...but I’m only available to do so Wednesday early evening (say maybe 6 PM - 8 PM PST). So I can’t contribute to tournaments but I can help train others or contribute in scrimmage practices for them. 

The clan’s culture is pretty important as well. Would like to see active Discord discussions on learning, such as improving skills and character (ie people asking lots of questions). And would rather not see repetitive negative discussions with people continually ranting about noobs. In effect, yes it’s a definite reality that I agree is happening within the game but getting tired of seeing it, as it just cultivates others to continually rant about it as well.

PS. Note that we don’t care if your clan’s average WR is much lower than ours. We care more about your culture and a consistent weekly engagement with training & shared learning. 

Edited by GentleNova, 08 May 2019 - 08:53 PM.

__Frostbite #2 Posted 08 May 2019 - 04:44 PM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 23598 battles

PZC and XWING family do trainings with PRAMO occasionally. Besides that, there isn’t lot of scrims and stuff that I know of. Some clans have alliances and they do trainings and scrims with brother clans and stuff. For a lot of top level clans, the clan will have multiple teams so there will be inter clan scrims between those teams. Void, for example, has 2 main teams: Eclipse and Tempest, and they scrim weekly, usually twice a week.

Cool that you have a dedicatied toon partner. I have a lot of friends in Blitz but none that I toon with a lot. I think my toon rate is 6% or something recently. Maybe someday i’ll find a “best friend” lol.

Find me on the official Blitz discord server or send me a PM on the forums if you want to contact me. I quit playing. Yeah.

GentleNova #3 Posted 08 May 2019 - 04:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26933 battles
  • [SRT-A]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 08 May 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

Cool that you have a dedicatied toon partner. I have a lot of friends in Blitz but none that I toon with a lot. I think my toon rate is 6% or something recently. Maybe someday i’ll find a “best friend” lol.

It’s a huge plus finding someone you can consistently platoon with at the same days / times. 

I mean I’ve seen so many people in different clans leave them because they can’t find anybody to platoon with. Yet there could be 5 to 10 people like that in the clan but they’re all wanting to play at different times. So it’s not that there isn’t people wanting to platoon, it’s that they aren’t committed to coordinating with someone at a set time.

Collaboration requires commitment, especially in clans with people playing at different times. If the clan recruits based upon a set period of time (ie we’re a late evening clan, 8 - 10 PM PST) then you’re coordinating collaboration in from the get go and people looking for a random platoon mate will have an easier time doing so.

PS. It is weird that a lot of clans don’t consistently train & scrimmage. When I was played Counter-Strike we used to do it all the time. In Blitz, it was difficult prior to the introduction of Training Rooms but now that we have them, very few people are using them effectively in this way. I mean even going into a training room to test out the effectiveness of a tank against another, say with a friend, very few people seem to be even doing this. It’s an easy way to test out the effectiveness of a tactic on another tank. 

Edited by GentleNova, 08 May 2019 - 04:59 PM.

__Frostbite #4 Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:31 PM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 23598 battles

View PostGentleNova, on 08 May 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

It’s a huge plus finding someone you can consistently platoon with at the same days / times. 

I mean I’ve seen so many people in different clans leave them because they can’t find anybody to platoon with. Yet there could be 5 to 10 people like that in the clan but they’re all wanting to play at different times. So it’s not that there isn’t people wanting to platoon, it’s that they aren’t committed to coordinating with someone at a set time.

Collaboration requires commitment, especially in clans with people playing at different times. If the clan recruits based upon a set period of time (ie we’re a late evening clan, 8 - 10 PM PST) then you’re coordinating collaboration in from the get go and people looking for a random platoon mate will have an easier time doing so.

PS. It is weird that a lot of clans don’t consistently train & scrimmage. When I was played Counter-Strike we used to do it all the time. In Blitz, it was difficult prior to the introduction of Training Rooms but now that we have them, very few people are using them effectively in this way. I mean even going into a training room to test out the effectiveness of a tank against another, say with a friend, very few people seem to be even doing this. It’s an easy way to test out the effectiveness of a tactic on another tank. 

Since there isn't a "grind" aspect in CS:GO, all you have to focus on is getting better and improving gameplay. In that case, scrims make sense. Most people would rather take the time to grind XP or credits in Blitz rather than work on a scrim that won't feel like it was as much of an investment for the time used. 
Find me on the official Blitz discord server or send me a PM on the forums if you want to contact me. I quit playing. Yeah.

j0nn0 #5 Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:40 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 19151 battles
  • [XREGS]

Triarii does IIRC. At least Gladiator Nights runs every Wednesday night for count-ins. Usually a good 10-20 people online for those and runs between 7:00pm PST to midnight depending on who pops on or off. 

Phobos/deimos/enyo clan(s) also do, or did, regular training and tourneys. I dunno anymore since their server activty has slowed significantly, at least on public channels i can see.

I may have a few too many tanks. I think I was over 150 in garage by last count.

GentleNova #6 Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26933 battles
  • [SRT-A]

View Postj0nn0, on 08 May 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

Phobos/deimos/enyo clan(s) also do, or did, regular training and tourneys. I dunno anymore since their server activty has slowed significantly, at least on public channels i can see.

Seems to be more and more the norm these days. Lots of notable clans will less than 40 members (or some with even less than 30). Activity levels seem to have gone down across the board.

GentleNova #7 Posted 08 May 2019 - 08:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26933 battles
  • [SRT-A]
Applications we put into SPARTA [SRT-A] were accepted. Thanks for people’s feedback and suggestions. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users