215B 183 Post 5.0 Patch

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Bellatormonk #1 Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:05 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29261 battles
  • [MASHU]

So I have about 155 games in this thing having bought it just shortly after the more recent patches that if I remember and understand basically nerfed the "deathstar" as everyone called it.  My understanding of the basic nerfs were it's camo rating was decreased and HESH change to HE.

I am struggling to hit even a 50% WR in this thing and maintain even 2k average DPB.

I try to play it like most of my TDs, which I do quite well in most (I play my Russian and German one far more aggressively given their speed and armor though), and hang in the back of the majority of the team to use as meat shields, allow them to spot and for me to find a good spot to take shots.  

The problem for me seems to be my HR is low at only 78%, my damage rolls always seem low using HE (like 200-400hp instead of the max 1625) and even using AP yields a low overall damage rate because of the slow reload, constantly having to move to get a shot or avoid being hunted if my team cannot provide a decent front/defensive line.

Is this tank simply past it's prime for decent players like me because of it's nerfs, bad teams in T10 or what better strategy can I use to at least farm better damage per round?  Are people using AP more than HE these days now that HESH is gone or simply waiting for those golden side/rear shots using HE to maximize pen/dmg?

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #2 Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:52 PM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 52230 battles
  • [RNSF]
even after 25k games, it might help to have a look at this.

also, yeah, the gun handling has been much better in the past.

the gun still fires hesh, the game only displays the four basic shell types(until you look further), ap,apcr,heat,he. if you select the shell itself ithe loadout screen it should still say hesh.

make your shots count, and yeah - it's not exactly the best tier x tank... it's more for the big shot memes, so go after those and have a good time.

Edited by TengenToppaPotatoLagann, 10 May 2019 - 06:53 PM.

>>>canine prints have claw marks, yet "mans best friend" camo does not; it would seem then that mans best friend is a cat... probably a leopard.

View Postminitel_NA, on 13 January 2018 - 03:06 AM, said:

when I’m tired I think I’m good.

Bellatormonk #3 Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:58 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29261 battles
  • [MASHU]

Ahh the (i) description does still say HESH I see now.  Despite the HESH having a better pen rate I just still seem to get low rolls in damage just like the regular HE.  Will check out the link and review some Bushka as well again I guess.

I am really struggling...I just got done with 13 losses in a row.  My teams all had 3-5 deaths in 60-90 secs.  I can barely get 4 shots off before I am the lone tank against 3-7 Reds...each match.

What could I have done different here?  Am I using the wrong shells, aiming for the wrong areas? Especially at the end...HESHed for less than 100hp of dmg?  I mean the 50% scrub in the JG got 6k dmg?

https://ufile.io/jo3568qd

Here is another gem that seems contribute more than I can account for in WR and dmg average:

https://ufile.io/e2r0sbug

So it would seem I am playing way to passively.  I changed the tempo and start rolling with the heavies and the games seem to be changing dramatically for the better.  Will take 20-30 games of such to repair WR and stats...time will tell.

Edited by Bellatormonk, 11 May 2019 - 12:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users