• This topic is locked This topic is locked
165 replies to this topic

_Crusader6_ #121 Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:08 PM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 66679 battles
  • [DEF]

View PostAdderaII, on 19 May 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

Bad players are not “ruining” your game, any more than the In-field Fly Rule or 10 foot Basketball hoops ruin those games. They are obstacles and challenges, purpose built into the game, that need to be overcome.  

I find it hilarious, most of the whining I hear -and it is whining, not a valid complaint- comes from very good players, who have shown their ability to overcome the challenge of bad players on their team. 

I actually enjoy seeing all these whining posts. 

They show me even Unicums are just regular shmo’s, capable of the same failures of ignorance as everyone else. 

QFTT.    

Bad players are part of the game.  

Bad players are good for the game, as if everyone was a super super Unicum it would be boring.  

The more oxygen thieves in this game allows me to get better stats. 

Tank Hoarder: 404 tanks in Garage:  418/418 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

plsdontkillmexxx #122 Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11896 battles
  • [AMTH]

View PostSi1verBlood, on 19 May 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

If you play like TRASH you deserve to be treated as such. And only people who are TRASH try to make an argument that stats are not part of a measure of skill. If you are the reason your team is losing most of the time and you claim to be trying...you have no idea what trying to win is. If you know you are not providing anything useful to your tm and do not change the way you or do not try to improve in general, you are just a liability that shouldnt be allowed to play the game....BUT I said shouldn't because WG is a business and, as it was said before, they cannot restrict players just because they are trash at their game (since you are all potential money makers after all)...so if trash is conscious of being trash, trash should set those restrictions itself. And since that will never happen, people who's games trash has ruined will be there to remind you that trash is indeed trash.

I would reply and tell you what I think, but then I might be accused by the mods of turning the thread 'toxic', when in reality it's ppl like you who think they're god and have a right to dictate to others how things must be, and calling others trash, etc., who are really those who make a thread toxic. Have a nice day! :)

plsdontkillmexxx #123 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11896 battles
  • [AMTH]

View Postmichaeltsoon, on 20 May 2019 - 03:56 AM, said:

First off, if you truly understand this game, it takes very little effort to get to 50%. The fact that you cannot do so is proof enough that you're a terrible player and a liability to your teammates whenever you click that "battle button". Don't even complain about bad teams, because you are clearly part of the problem. Please, stop looking for petty excuses to defend yourself and your fellow 40%ers. (like Crusader6, I prefer to call them oxygen thiefs). Once again, if your internet connection/device is half good, and you have braincells numbering in the double digits, it genuinely is NOT difficult to attain a 50% winrate.

I simply do not comprehend the mentality of people like you: "I think I'm a great player, even though my stats and everyone else says otherwise. Ooo, shiny tank, let's go into battle and ruin the fun for 13 other players!". Honestly, please stop. Either learn how to play, or go back to tiers <6 where you truly belong.

I simply do not comprehend the mentality of people like you: "I know I'm a great player, and my stats and everyone else says so. Ooo, shiny tank, let's go into battle and ruin the fun for 13 other players by making a steamroll!". Honestly, please stop. Either don't play, or stay in tier 10 where you truly belong.

BorisBaddenov #124 Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:29 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26406 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 20 May 2019 - 01:50 AM, said:

I would reply and tell you what I think, but then I might be accused by the mods of turning the thread 'toxic', when in reality it's ppl like you who think they're god and have a right to dictate to others how things must be, and calling others trash, etc., who are really those who make a thread toxic. Have a nice day! :)

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 20 May 2019 - 02:02 AM, said:

I simply do not comprehend the mentality of people like you: "I know I'm a great player, and my stats and everyone else says so. Ooo, shiny tank, let's go into battle and ruin the fun for 13 other players by making a steamroll!". Honestly, please stop. Either don't play, or stay in tier 10 where you truly belong.

This is your typical response.  You've made little to no effort to try and UNDERSTAND what others are saying to you.   Instead you focus on a REPLY.     When I was your age, I had the same struggles.  I think it stems from wanting to fit in with the group, but not quite knowing how.  So you try and make your self sound like you know what you are talking about, when you don't :( 

I really wish that when I was a kid someone had told me that listening to understand what others are saying is key.   

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

_Crusader6_ #125 Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:51 PM

• Players
  • 66679 battles
  • [DEF]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 20 May 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

This is your typical response.  You've made little to no effort to try and UNDERSTAND what others are saying to you.   Instead you focus on a REPLY.     When I was your age, I had the same struggles.  I think it stems from wanting to fit in with the group, but not quite knowing how.  So you try and make your self sound like you know what you are talking about, when you don't :( 

I really wish that when I was a kid someone had told me that listening to understand what others are saying is key.   

Peace-

Boris

When we where young we knew we knew everything;)

Si1verBlood #126 Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:02 PM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 16839 battles
  • [MORTM]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 20 May 2019 - 04:50 AM, said:

Since I am ''entitled to an opinion'', creating posts for attention and then ignoring everything people say to you is another definition of toxic.

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Si1verBlood

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 February 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Accept that bad players are a feature of the game.   

_Crusader6_ #127 Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:23 PM

• Players
  • 66679 battles
  • [DEF]

View PostSi1verBlood, on 20 May 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

Since I am ''entitled to an opinion'', creating posts for attention and then ignoring everything people say to you is another definition of toxic.

Disagree.   While his refusal to listen/learn is frustrating, he isn’t being toxic.  One may even suspect he’s trolling at this point trying to provoke responses that will result in actions due to their delivery style.  

Best to simply disengage. 

Si1verBlood #128 Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:41 PM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 16839 battles
  • [MORTM]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 20 May 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

Disagree.   While his refusal to listen/learn is frustrating, he isn’t being toxic.  One may even suspect he’s trolling at this point trying to provoke responses that will result in actions due to their delivery style.  

yes but that is my ''opinion that I am entitled to'' so you providing a valid argument means nothing to me a helpless victim of wotb hierchal community.

(I have disengaged long ago from this individual and I am only seeking amusement for myself and the public because posts the individual makes always turn into a joke or something completely useless(at least to me))

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Si1verBlood

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 February 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Accept that bad players are a feature of the game.   

4sfield #129 Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:59 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 20 May 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

It’s obvious the points he is trying to make are all based out of anger or entitlement. “I can, therefore I’m right”, it’s a familiar song and dance. 

I “can” go to the golf course and tee my ball up on the 1st tee wearing a pair of cut offs, work boots and a wife beater after paying my green fees. They’re going to ask me to leave. I “can” argue “I already paid” and discrimination at that point but they’re going to call the sheriff. You’re the lawman, how is that going to play out?

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

_Cletus #130 Posted 20 May 2019 - 04:03 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 28787 battles
  • [III-P]

View Post4sfield, on 20 May 2019 - 09:59 AM, said:

It’s obvious the points he is trying to make are all based out of anger or entitlement. “I can, therefore I’m right”, it’s a familiar song and dance. 

I “can” go to the golf course and tee my ball up on the 1st tee wearing a pair of cut offs, work boots and a wife beater after paying my green fees. They’re going to ask me to leave. I “can” argue “I already paid” and discrimination at that point but they’re going to call the sheriff. You’re the lawman, how is that going to play out?

Depends on the length of the cutoffs.

Dark_Magician_Girl, on 07 February 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Please show us on the doll where MM touched you

Avatar and graphics by crpl_hicks

KoV3LiK.jpg

plsdontkillmexxx #131 Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11896 battles
  • [AMTH]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 20 May 2019 - 11:29 PM, said:

This is your typical response.  You've made little to no effort to try and UNDERSTAND what others are saying to you.   Instead you focus on a REPLY.     When I was your age,

I assure you you've never been my age  :)

I had the same struggles.  I think it stems from wanting to fit in with the group, but not quite knowing how.  So you try and make your self sound like you know what you are talking about, when you don't :( 

WOTB is a team game. Every loss is a loss by the TEAM,  and every win is a win by the TEAM. For anyone to suggest that losses are soley due to any one player's gameplay is just as silly as suggesting that wins are. Every player contributes to a greater or lesser degree to all wins and losses.

Peace-

Boris

BorisBaddenov #132 Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:39 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26406 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 20 May 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

And you did it again :)

Rock on kiddo, rock on.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

plsdontkillmexxx #133 Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11896 battles
  • [AMTH]

View PostSi1verBlood, on 21 May 2019 - 01:02 AM, said:

And since I am also entitled to my opinion, I suggest that firstly I don't 'create posts for attention'. All my posts are about the game. And secondly I don't make posts about people here, unlike you.

plsdontkillmexxx #134 Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11896 battles
  • [AMTH]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 21 May 2019 - 01:23 AM, said:

Disagree.   While his refusal to listen/learn is frustrating, he isn’t being toxic.  One may even suspect he’s trolling at this point trying to provoke responses that will result in actions due to their delivery style.  

Or one may suggest I'm simply standing up for myself in the face of unjustified criticism. If I am not breaking any rules of the game, or playing it any differently to thousands of other players, then I don't deserve these personal attacks.

Yes, indeed. I didn't start this, and it's not the first time I've been singled out and made a topic of discussion. Posters should confine themselves to the purpose of this forum which is about the game, not the players.

Edited by plsdontkillmexxx, 21 May 2019 - 01:09 AM.

_Cletus #135 Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:03 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 28787 battles
  • [III-P]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 20 May 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

Okay fine I'll bite.  You are correct in saying WOTB is a team game.  But, what you haven't learned from a dozen threads with hundreds of posts is this:  While WOTB is a team game, your team does not determine your WR, you determine your WR.  You are 1/7th of the team, if you can influence the team to win more your WR goes up, if you can't it goes down.  Therefore, your WR is up to you, not your team.  You might get a good team sometimes, you might get a bad team sometimes, but when it all averages out you are the master of your own WR.  Extrapolating from the previous statement, if you determine your own WR, and if it turns out that you are a bad player, then you are directly causing more losses for your teams than you are directly causing wins.  Therefore, while you can't usually say for any one match in particular that a loss is due to one single player, you can say that a single bad player will tend to cause losses in their games.  

I know, your first instinct is to come up with a counter-argument, but try to resist that impulse this once and think about what was said.  Your play determines your winrate.  You influence your team, either positively or negatively, causing wins or losses.  You can't always make a team win, and even if you afk you can't always make a team lose, but you have to realize that you have an effect.  Don't respond!  Just think about it, meditate on it, let it soak slowly into your brain, these waves of thoughts focusing themselves into a single point, like a lump of carbon being squeezed into a hard diamond of knowledge that says you do finally understand that although it's a team game, your play is what truly determines your winrate.

KoV3LiK.jpg

4sfield #136 Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:12 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

View Post_Cletus, on 20 May 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

You might get a good team sometimes, you might get a bad team sometimes, but when it all averages out you are the master of your own WR.  Extrapolating from the previous statement, if you determine your own WR, and if it turns out that you are a bad player, then you are directly causing more losses for your teams than you are directly causing wins.  Therefore, while you can't usually say for any one match in particular that a loss is due to one single player, you d to cause losses in their games.  

Smartest thing I’ve heard all day, +1. 

I don’t understand how guys with 40% WRs think it’s not their fault. 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

plsdontkillmexxx #137 Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11896 battles
  • [AMTH]

View Post_Cletus, on 21 May 2019 - 07:03 AM, said:

Okay fine I'll bite.  You are correct in saying WOTB is a team game.  But, what you haven't learned from a dozen threads with hundreds of posts is this:  While WOTB is a team game, your team does not determine your WR, you determine your WR.  You are 1/7th of the team, if you can influence the team to win more your WR goes up, if you can't it goes down.  Therefore, your WR is up to you, not your team.  You might get a good team sometimes, you might get a bad team sometimes, but when it all averages out you are the master of your own WR.  Extrapolating from the previous statement, if you determine your own WR, and if it turns out that you are a bad player, then you are directly causing more losses for your teams than you are directly causing wins.  Therefore, while you can't usually say for any one match in particular that a loss is due to one single player, you can say that a single bad player will tend to cause losses in their games.  

I know, your first instinct is to come up with a counter-argument, but try to resist that impulse this once and think about what was said.  Your play determines your winrate.  You influence your team, either positively or negatively, causing wins or losses.  You can't always make a team win, and even if you afk you can't always make a team lose, but you have to realize that you have an effect.  Don't respond!  Just think about it, meditate on it, let it soak slowly into your brain, these waves of thoughts focusing themselves into a single point, like a lump of carbon being squeezed into a hard diamond of knowledge that says you do finally understand that although it's a team game, your play is what truly determines your winrate.

I know all this. I honestly don't know why you assume I don't. I've never said I'm not responsible for my own wr.

SpartacusDiablo #138 Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:44 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 30942 battles
  • [III-R]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 20 May 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

I know all this. I honestly don't know why you assume I don't. I've never said I'm not responsible for my own wr.

You had a signature line that stated that your stats don't reflect your actually ability... :facepalm:

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

_Cletus #139 Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:52 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 28787 battles
  • [III-P]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 20 May 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

"WOTB is a team game. Every loss is a loss by the TEAM,  and every win is a win by the TEAM. For anyone to suggest that losses are soley due to any one player's gameplay is just as silly as suggesting that wins are. Every player contributes to a greater or lesser degree to all wins and losses."

This statement leads one to believe that you don't understand personal responsibility in wins and losses.  Plus, I've seen plenty of your threads and posts.  I think your feeling that unicums and 40%ers are at odds with one another stems from the fact that you feel so many things in this game are out of your control that it's unfair that some people get to be uni's and some people get to be 40%ers, but that is flawed.  Some unicorns are just born that way but most of them started as 40%ers and earned their way to unicum-hood.  I feel, and I could be wrong, but I feel that you wouldn't be so stressed about the things unicums say if you actually believed you could become a unicum yourself.  And I think you can become a unicum.  But in order for that to happen, you have to understand that it's up to you to become a unicum or to stay in the 40's or whatever.  Once you see WR for what it is, and you see your capability for what it is, talking about 40's and uni's won't really matter so much anymore.

Edited by _Cletus, 20 May 2019 - 10:00 PM.

KoV3LiK.jpg

plsdontkillmexxx #140 Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11896 battles
  • [AMTH]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 21 May 2019 - 07:44 AM, said:

You had a signature line that stated that your stats don't reflect your actual ability... :facepalm:

That was a joke! I thought the wording was plain enough to indicate that. I believe it was something like ..  "note: my winrate and stats bear absolutely no relationship whatsover to my true performance". 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users