How I'd Change Chat

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
165 replies to this topic

Kiilu #21 Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:19 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21817 battles
  • [III-R]
Their all good ideas. I like the color coding. Players need to know the good clans. I have started looking for names more. It will make sure you know how you are playing with. A lot of teams don't call at all. 

plsdontkillmexxx #22 Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9605 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 13 May 2019 - 08:56 AM, said:

I disagree. Limiting access to chat will mean the stupids will try other things to communicate such as blocking, pushing, or even worse waiting until they are able to chat and then spamming.

Changes I would prefer to see.
1. Once your tank dies, so does your chat. You can watch but no longer communicate.
2. No global chat for anyone. There is literally no reason to chat with reds other than the occasional o7. It gets used for salt and to give away positions. It can go away.

@1. Can't agree. Dead players can help the team win with good advice and info.

@2. Agree. And it would stop a lot of noise like "have you got xx tank, what's it like?".

Don't be fooled by my winrate. I'm really a unicum in disguise.

plsdontkillmexxx #23 Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9605 battles
  • [XHALE]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 13 May 2019 - 09:06 AM, said:

WG won’t implement any chat restrictions other than based on bans due to complaints.  

It’s a mobile game, you need to accept that a 40%’er has the same rights as you do to chat. 

Secondary issues arise then, why 50%? Why not 60%? 

Also what if you get your first tier X and lose a game? 

I think a chat restriction would be great, but I don’t see it ever being implemented.  

The minute some 40% player can’t chat he’s going to annoyed - and his potential spending is lowered. 

Any ideas need to be at least theoretically revenue neutral- not potentially negative.  

:medal:

_Cletus #24 Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:24 AM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 25018 battles
  • [HAHA]

I like your ideas Sparty, but won't be implemented.  

I say go the other way with it, introduce voice chat.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

4sfield #25 Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:30 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

Ya View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 12 May 2019 - 09:14 PM, said:

So it would have to be put into the rules of the game.

What are you talking about? There is nothing in the rules that says anything about new content. You signed the EULA, if they change it to work off incentive there is nothing you can donabout it. 

It’s been the same thing for me in reverse since they started changing the game to “help” the new guys. 

Those guys have spent 100 bucks or less, I’m into it for more than 2k probably. Why do I get screwed out of my experience when the guys who know nothing always get changes to help them do nothing? 

Guys like me suffer and I’m tired of it. It makes no sense. New guys are gonna come and go, why should we let them dictate the game? 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

plsdontkillmexxx #26 Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9605 battles
  • [XHALE]

View Post4sfield, on 13 May 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

What are you talking about?

I mean players would have to be informed of it somehow, or they'd be asking why they can't chat. Where are the rules anyway? There must be a list somewhere.

There is nothing in the rules that says anything about new content. You signed the EULA, if they change it to work off incentive there is nothing you can donabout it. 

It’s been the same thing for me in reverse since they started changing the game to “help” the new guys. 

Those guys have spent 100 bucks or less, I’m into it for more than 2k probably. Why do I get screwed out of my experience when the guys who know nothing always get changes to help them do nothing? 

Guys like me suffer and I’m tired of it. It makes no sense. New guys are gonna come and go, why should we let them dictate the game? 

alladinzain #27 Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4810 battles
  • [-EVE-]

Provide a chat filter setting that can select the wr ignore level. That way you won’t see any chatfrom sub x% wr players, but they get to continue spouting away. Both sides happy....

4sfield #28 Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:37 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

View Postalladinzain, on 12 May 2019 - 10:35 PM, said:

Provide a chat filter setting that can select the wr ignore level. That way you won’t see any chatfrom sub x% wr players, but they get to continue spouting away. Both sides happy....

The point is to make them want to improve. You do that by making them have to earn it. 

It’s basic human beingness.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

__Frostbite #29 Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:00 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 24692 battles
  • [-0]

View Post4sfield, on 12 May 2019 - 07:37 PM, said:

The point is to make them want to improve. You do that by making them have to earn it. 

It’s basic human beingness.

Unfortunately, there is little to no incentive to improve at this game, as everything can be earned with a wallet.

I have to agree with Crusader. The idea would be beneficial, however at the end of the day, it would be seen as a form of discrimination and frankly wouldn't be fun for the noobs. I like my noobs. I need them to be happy so I can farm them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

Click me!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frost#3656) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player_39363936 #30 Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 69570 battles
  • [EWENS]

The truth is the high win rate players are the most toxic people in chat.

Everyone needs to be shut up when they’re dead.

SpartacusDiablo #31 Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:39 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 25495 battles
  • [III-R]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 12 May 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

Disagree. Firstly below 50% players are average not bad. Secondly, why should any aspects of the game be geared to a winrate? Why should any player have the game restricted in any way  for not having a certain level of competence? And thirdly, this is just another example of 60%+ players wanting to control the game for everyone else, as they do the forum.

I selected 50% as the bar because, to put it bluntly, if you lose more often than you win you have no place telling others how to play.

50% over 30 days is attainable to anybody who is willing to take the time to learn.  It isn't a unachievable target.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

Wattsey17 #32 Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:21 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25944 battles
  • [XXLXX]
Most of the nonsense in chat is from salty 60% and up players. I know not every good player, some actually do help and I appreciate it but it’s more times than not good players filling up chat with nonsense over bad players.
Although I guess the 1st option isn’t too bad allow good players to make call but not second option.

SpartacusDiablo #33 Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:43 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 25495 battles
  • [III-R]
I am reading a few complaints about salty 60%ers...  Personally I don't see many of those and I've played my fair share of games.  Also we need to look at cause and effect.  By no means am I excusing a salty player but there is usually a chain of events that leads to a 60%er becoming salty.

60%er "go A"
40%er "go C".
Dumb team "well they guy who said "go C" is in a top tier heavy, we should listen."

This starts a chain of events that leads to the aforementioned salt.  This also all could have been avoided if the 40%er had not been allowed to call C.

Making calls should be a privilege that you have to earn.

___ez_e___ #34 Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 62994 battles
  • [GORT]

I think the issue with using the 50 wr bar, is simply some battles nobody will have chat since everyone on both teams are below 50.  

Prehaps, the top 3 players on each team are designated with flags.   Top player has the right to give orders as well as the other top 2 players, but teammates can see who is ranked highest. 

In addition, wg can make a designated time and extra features that the leader has access to (ie special quick menu for directions).  For example, during count down timer leader can use quick menu to give marching orders.  

Team leaders can give negative ratings to players who doesn’t follow orders, yolos, or otherwise contributes to the lose.  

We also can now get rated as team leaders and players can see the leadership rating as well (how many times you win as leader vs not the leader).  

Friendly fire back on and leader can ban player due to friendly fire verified by stats.  

This could really work.  

Edited by ___ez_e___, 13 May 2019 - 12:23 PM.

RoadKutter #35 Posted 13 May 2019 - 01:01 PM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 37550 battles
  • [III-H]

I just turned my chat off. Now I don’t have to listen to the morons on my team and the goofs on red. Chat is such a distraction to the game.

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 12 May 2019 - 06:22 PM, said:

@1. Can't agree. Dead players can help the team win with good advice and info.

Yeah, because the idiot that called town, took half the team just to die in 1 minute is someone I want advice from. Thanks but no thanks. I know who to attack first, what ammo to use and where to go. Name calling as motivation from the deceased Coaches doesn’t have the desired effect also. 

I was for the chat elimination the on the first time around, and I’m glad I have the option to do it myself now. Because I’m human and eventually when playing for a while the chat would get to me and cause me to start firing back myself. Mea culpa!

Ghosting reds since 2014

_Cletus #36 Posted 13 May 2019 - 01:26 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 25018 battles
  • [HAHA]

I don't tend to rage much, or really have much more to say to my team then left or right for the most part.  But, sometimes, just sometimes, a team will reach a pinnacle of such suckiness that after an early death I decide to help them out by politely advising them about every little strategic mistake they are making.  I can ignore the dead complaining [ghost calls] otherwise because they aren't nearly as good at it as I am.  I would hate to lose that critical functionality, let's allow the dead to speak.  

Plus, being able to chat after death alllows me to post the phrase "let's allow the dead to speak" which is metal as hell.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

wannabeunicum #37 Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36044 battles
  • [-MM]
Better idea. They can chat but it doesn't show up on anyone else's screen. Everyone's happy

SpartacusDiablo #38 Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:13 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 25495 battles
  • [III-R]

View Postwannabeunicum, on 13 May 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

Better idea. They can chat but it doesn't show up on anyone else's screen. Everyone's happy

Lol. I like it.

acrisis #39 Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20523 battles
  • [III]

Now that would be cool ... poor players and trolls ( - mil honor ) can type, but it doesn’t show up on other people’s screens

:trollface:

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

2_of_Hearts #40 Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1894 battles
  • [-TSS-]
Make it so I can write "farther" without it censoring it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users