How I'd Change Chat

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
165 replies to this topic

Bellatormonk #41 Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:41 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 27833 battles
  • [MASHU]

I would think the idea of showing WR (ala XVM) which has been proposed and discussed many times before is the best option that does not alienate the delicate flowers nor impact potential revenue for WG via hurting the feelers of potential buyers.

However, we all know in the end..WG will do no such thing as they do not listen to a single thing the experienced majority of their player base suggests or gives in feed back.

XVM is allowed and used in WoT..there is no reason for it not used be in Blitz other than I suspect the XVM coders don't play Blitz. 

Edited by Bellatormonk, 13 May 2019 - 02:42 PM.

WrenchThrower281 #42 Posted 13 May 2019 - 03:18 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20025 battles
  • [T_W_O]
The most upsetting is supremacy, where you have 900 cap points, red has none and ur guys are convinced to win by kills. Even though they are at a numbers and hp disadvantage. So they go one at a time into the Abys. And all the non brain cell challenged players screaming, "no hold cover let it count out"

Edited by WrenchThrower281, 13 May 2019 - 03:20 PM.

MSGTGlitterGlue #43 Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:18 PM

Challenge(r) Accepted

• Players
  • 16626 battles
  • [CHEF]

View Post_Cletus, on 12 May 2019 - 09:24 PM, said:

I like your ideas Sparty, but won't be implemented.  

I say go the other way with it, introduce voice chat.

good idea, but voice chat would lag most of the playerbase, since the average person’s internet connection isn’t all that great

I’m a 46.96 percenter

But I’m an IMPROVING 46.96 percenter

Don’t be a political dissident, because then I’ll have to sacrifice you.

MSGTGlitterGlue #44 Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:25 PM

Challenge(r) Accepted

• Players
  • 16626 battles
  • [CHEF]

View Post___ez_e___, on 13 May 2019 - 07:22 AM, said:

I think the issue with using the 50 wr bar, is simply some battles nobody will have chat since everyone on both teams are below 50.  

Prehaps, the top 3 players on each team are designated with flags.   Top player has the right to give orders as well as the other top 2 players, but teammates can see who is ranked highest. 

In addition, wg can make a designated time and extra features that the leader has access to (ie special quick menu for directions).  For example, during count down timer leader can use quick menu to give marching orders.  

Team leaders can give negative ratings to players who doesn’t follow orders, yolos, or otherwise contributes to the lose.  

We also can now get rated as team leaders and players can see the leadership rating as well (how many times you win as leader vs not the leader).  

Friendly fire back on and leader can ban player due to friendly fire verified by stats.  

This could really work.  

hmmm... yes, it could work.

however, there could happen to be team leaders that do Friendly Fire, so i suggest a World of Warships PC style of FF prevention system: If you do more than say, 250 damage to teammates, the damage will start reflecting itself back onto you. then you will become blue or pink or whatever color.

I’m a 46.96 percenter

But I’m an IMPROVING 46.96 percenter

Don’t be a political dissident, because then I’ll have to sacrifice you.

4sfield #45 Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:29 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

I’ve had enough confrontations with guys who said they were “Team Leader” because their name was at the top of the list. 

Can we please call it something else? 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

TonnerreCadien #46 Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:36 PM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 44732 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Post4sfield, on 13 May 2019 - 11:29 AM, said:

I’ve had enough confrontations with guys who said they were “Team Leader” because their name was at the top of the list. 

"Today, boys and girls, we're going to learn about an exciting thing called the ALPHABET."

To which those players respond "Whoa! Slow down there, College!"

jx1pteO.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

AdderaII #47 Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:14 PM

Can’t Pass Without it!

• Players
  • 17872 battles
  • [OGRE]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 12 May 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

This first one is a repeat so bear with me because the 2nd one is new.

1. If your 30 day win rate is below 50% at the tier you are playing your team and global chat would be shut off for the first 30 seconds of battle.  This prevent bad players from making bad calls that other bad players then follow.
  2. If your 30 day win rate is below 50% at the tier you are playing your team and global chat are shut off once you die.  This will prevent bad players from spamming chat with bad commands and general rage.

Discuss among yourselves.

Since half of my enjoyment of the game, comes from berating red players before and after I’m dead, I cannot support #2

I don’t really give a [edited]about #1, so you can have that one. 

The player formerly known as, Adderall4life

4sfield #48 Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:25 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

View PostAdderaII, on 13 May 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

Since half of my enjoyment of the game, comes from berating red players before and after I’m dead, I cannot support #2

I don’t really give a [edited]about #1, so you can have that one. 

Ine of my favorite things to do is badger tunneltards. You shoot a guy and he sees you then while you’re resetting camo he  focuses on you and where he saw you last. I always call them out in global by saying something like, “Tunnel Harder SU”. Then when my camo resets I disappear and shoot him from somewhere else. The same thing usually happens again.

When are these guys gonna learn to move?

FREE _stealy!!!

Bellatormonk #49 Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:38 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 27833 battles
  • [MASHU]

View Post4sfield, on 13 May 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

See my sig..

SpartacusDiablo #50 Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:17 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 25420 battles
  • [III-R]
I decided to just turn chat off this morning.  I know where I need to go, screw the "team leader".  

Seriously, turn off chat.  It is liberating.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

4sfield #51 Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:50 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 13 May 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

I decided to just turn chat off this morning. I know where I need to go, screw the "team leader".

Seriously, turn off chat. It is liberating.

I played 16 with chat on and talked a guy into a win at Middleburg. I talked the team into a win at Canyons and also at Normandy. 

Never mind the fact that at Desert Sands the other 2 mediums let me get out there and then ran to town leaving me with a 1 on 3 where I got obliterated. Never mind that at Port Bay and twice at Blackgoldville nobody listened to my call. We won 2 of those anyway and never mind the T26 that didn’t listen to a word I said, didn’t help me when it was a2 on 2 and lost to a one shot T49 at Dead Rail. 

Chat isn’t the issue, everything we complain about is a people issue. Not listening, not playing, all of it. You can’t fix that by limiting their chat, to fix if you have to go to a performance based reward and advancement system. Right now there is nothing discouraging any of them from being useless, saying and doing anything they want and playing where they aren’t effective. 

Edited by 4sfield, 13 May 2019 - 09:51 PM.

FREE _stealy!!!

grazni #52 Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 42060 battles
  • [-PRV-]

Put chat in the waiting room, especially for rated games.

In the early days, couldn't you go back to the global chat room while you waited for your battle start? I seem to remember that.

I miss global chat, it was spicy. Also bring back friendly fire.

4sfield #53 Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:10 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

View Postgrazni, on 13 May 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

Put chat in the waiting room, especially for rated games.

In the early days, couldn't you go back to the global chat room while you waited for your battle start? I seem to remember that.

I miss global chat, it was spicy. Also bring back friendly fire.

I’m down for friendly fire and team damage from bumping or running into hard objects. These guys need to learn to give room and how to drive.

FREE _stealy!!!

__Crusader6__ #54 Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:21 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59659 battles
  • [-C6-]

View Post4sfield, on 13 May 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

I’m down for friendly fire and team damage from bumping or running into hard objects. These guys need to learn to give room and how to drive.

Friendly Fire lord no.

However the collision model should be altered for ram damage from objects.  Admittedly I abuse the in game physics model - simply as it’s an easy way to stop especially if you’ve been spotted and want to duck quickly into cover. 

Tank Hoarder: 384 tanks in Garage:  376/386 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

Ronin_23 #55 Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16635 battles
  • [-RGN-]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 13 May 2019 - 08:17 PM, said:

I decided to just turn chat off this morning. I know where I need to go, screw the "team leader".

Seriously, turn off chat. It is liberating.

I copped a 3-day chat ban the other week for a few days of admittedly bad raging at my team. Despite being unable to call river on port bay or hill on Middleburg, I learned that I just have to carry harder and my team won't listen regardless.

I actually ended up playing significantly better during that ban because I wasn't distracted by chat or stupidly raging at people while I was still playing. I only have it on now for the occasional o7s and talking to my toonmates.

In other news my 30 day is now a nice purple so I think I've been doing something right.

plsdontkillmexxx #56 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9580 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostPlayer_39363936, on 13 May 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

The truth is the high win rate players are the most toxic people in chat.

Everyone needs to be shut up when they’re dead.

Aint that the truth!
Don't be fooled by my winrate. I'm really a unicum in disguise.

plsdontkillmexxx #57 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9580 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 13 May 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

I am reading a few complaints about salty 60%ers... Personally I don't see many of those and I've played my fair share of games. Also we need to look at cause and effect. By no means am I excusing a salty player but there is usually a chain of events that leads to a 60%er becoming salty.

60%er "go A"
40%er "go C".
Dumb team "well they guy who said "go C" is in a top tier heavy, we should listen."

This starts a chain of events that leads to the aforementioned salt. This also all could have been avoided if the 40%er had not been allowed to call C.

Making calls should be a privilege that you have to earn.

And they're totally justified. High WR players have a god complex. Just yesterday I was messaged by a player for no other reason than to criticise, abuse, and deride me for having a low wr (47%), nothing to do with gameplay at all.

Edited by plsdontkillmexxx, 14 May 2019 - 01:24 AM.

plsdontkillmexxx #58 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9580 battles
  • [XHALE]

View Post2_of_Hearts, on 14 May 2019 - 12:41 AM, said:

Make it so I can write "farther" without it censoring it

Break words to bypass the censor. eg. 'far ther' or 'fa rther'. everyone still gets it. But why 'farther' would be censored is a mystery to me.

plsdontkillmexxx #59 Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9580 battles
  • [XHALE]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 13 May 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

I selected 50% as the bar because, to put it bluntly, if you lose more often than you win you have no place telling others how to play.

50% over 30 days is attainable to anybody who is willing to take the time to learn.  It isn't a unachievable target.

IYNSHO

SpartacusDiablo #60 Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:39 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 25420 battles
  • [III-R]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 13 May 2019 - 08:24 PM, said:

And they're totally justified. High WR players have a god complex. Just yesterday I was messaged by a player for no other reason than to criticise, abuse, and deride me for having a low wr (47%), nothing to do with gameplay at all.

A minority stole my bike when I was 12.  Should I be like you and stereotype all minorities as bike thieves?  That is basically what you are doing to 60%ers.

I sincerely doubt that his feedback was completely out of the blue.  Based off of my experiences here with you I'd be willing to bet that you either did or said something to get his attention.  That doesn't make what he did okay... But then again neither is stereotyping a whole group of players ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users