• This topic is locked This topic is locked
165 replies to this topic

TnkKillaxyz #81 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13119 battles
  • [AMTH]

View Post_Cletus, on 14 May 2019 - 10:46 PM, said:

To be a unicum, first you have to find a unicorn in the woods.  Well, you can find the unicorn anywhere I guess, but having a unicorn is key.  Once you find this unicorn, you have to trap it.  I prefer using a cruel trap with spikes to something gentle like a normal rope.  It has to know you're in charge.  Next, and this is difficult because you just trapped the thing, you need to gain the unicorn's trust.  Speak soothingly to it, softly stroke it's fur, play a little Barry White, and slowly, gently, set the mood.

Now we've taken care of the Uni part, but there's more to it to be a unicum.  I've opened the door for you, it's up to you to unlock the rest of the secret.

LOL!

TnkKillaxyz #82 Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13119 battles
  • [AMTH]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 14 May 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

I'm not a unicum and I don't have a God complex. But I do have common sense and common Sense tells me that players who lose more often than they win should not be telling other players how to play.

The guy who can't spell should not be giving spelling lessons and the player who can't win should not be telling other players how to play.

Yes you are

Ronin_23 #83 Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:26 PM

Bot

• Players
  • 28404 battles
  • [TENET]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 14 May 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

I never said EVERY high wr player, but from my experience it's high wr players who are the most intolerant and critical. Low wr players know they aren't much good at this game so aren't likely to be mouthing off at others, are they. And you say based off 'your experiences' with me, what experiences would they be, other than you not liking what I have to say? I have never insulted, abused, or criticised anyone here personally, despite what moderators seem to think. All I do is offer my opinion which I am entitled to do. And no, there was no prior interaction with the abuser other than him being on a red team. Please don't try to make something out of nothing.

Uh. Hold on just a second there, chief.

I can't even count the number of times some 40%ers have started berating me for camping or something or not being involved in a battle when I've been carrying them the whole time, or capping bases to win an otherwise impossible game in Supremacy. Or when the fools go town on Middleburg, die, then call the meds campers, bad, or a "useless team." Even better is when I pull 4-5k and they call me a nub for being unable to finish the victory alone when they didn't even land a full alpha roll before exploding. Or when I do 3k, die first, and still end on top damage. How does that even happen? Maybe if the other meds had gone to the river on Port Bay like they're supposed to it would have been an easy win and a probable Mastery for me. But now I'm getting distracted.

THE DIFFERENCE IS, when a 60% player calls you useless or criticizes a certain play, they're probably right. That's why 40%ers get mad - they can't handle being called out on their ineptitude. When a 60% player gets called useless by a 40%er, they don't care. If it does bother the good player, that's because they're being driven insane by the sheer number of fools playing and throwing the games that could have been easy wins. The 40%er's opinion is completely, absolutely, unequivocally irrelevant. I have little to no issue with being criticized for my bad plays when they come from someone who has earned the right to give such advice.

If you cannot beat a coin toss, I am not interested in your advice. That 3rd-grade math lesson is the simplest way I can explain myself to a 40%er.

Morphman11 #84 Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles
  • [2WEAK]
Teams can be made up of everyone below 50%. Thus this system is moronic. Even a bad player can give out hp and number of shells fired. 
OFFFICIAL PUBLIC RELATIONS for the Morphman YouTube Channel

4sfield #85 Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:50 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33618 battles
  • [-1]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 14 May 2019 - 04:39 AM, said:

A minority stole my bike when I was 12.  Should I be like you and stereotype all minorities as bike thieves?  That is basically what you are doing to 60%ers.

I sincerely doubt that his feedback was completely out of the blue.  Based off of my experiences here with you I'd be willing to bet that you either did or said something to get his attention.  That doesn't make what he did okay... But then again neither is stereotyping a whole group of players ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Somebody stole my bike parked in front of my grandmas porch when I was a couple years younger. It was an old bike and I had a brand new one at home. That didn’t make any difference to me even at that age. 

All of the kids on the block acted just like plsdontkillmexxx. They all speculated that a group of teenagers took it and it was gone because bikes in the neighborhood had been coming up missing for a while and those guys were doing it. They had stories of others taking [edited] whippins for confronting them about it. They were sure that if I found it it would take an [edited] whipping to get it back. I had a few friends among them and we lit out looking for it. One of them came back and said he spotted it up the street about a block, it was in fact at a house where a rough [edited] teenager with rough [edited] parents and rough [edited] friends lived.

I didn’t ask for any help and I told everyone I was going to go get it. Of the 5 guys standing around only 1 volunteered to go with me. The others were too scared of what might happen. As we neared the place, we could see the bike leaning against a block wall. It was summertime and the screen door was the only thing between us and them, you could hear the TV through it. My buddy asked me to give him a head start because we were on foot so he started back the other way as I went after the bike. 

I stole it back and no one saw me, I got away scott free, problem solved. It was the story of the neighborhood for a month. It also didn’t score me any points with the teenagers. I had to look over my shoulder for a while. I even had to get myself out of some pretty scary situations with them a few times, some of them involving running, hiding and climbing trees. It was a good thing I was pretty fast and knew the neighborhood like the back of my hand. Eventually, the ring leader of the teenage group took a trip to JDC, 2nd problem solved. 

I don’t remember if any of them were 60%ers or not, it didn’t really matter at the time.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

AdderaII #86 Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:53 PM

Can’t Pass Without it!

• Players
  • 26168 battles
  • [OGRE]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 14 May 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

I'm not a unicum and I don't have a God complex. But I do have common sense and common Sense tells me that players who lose more often than they win should not be telling other players how to play.

The guy who can't spell should not be giving spelling lessons and the player who can't win should not be telling other players how to play.

You could also say, idiots shouldn’t be allowed to vote, but here we are. 

The world belongs to the idiots, we just live in it. 

The player formerly known as, Adderall4life

LtRaseiniai #87 Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 77967 battles
  • [EWENS]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 14 May 2019 - 05:47 AM, said:

Happy in game?  Definitely!  Since I turned off chat I've played 19 games...and won 18 of them. 

If you feel like you've missed something in chat.

And you will.

You can turn chat back on; watch the replay, and see what was said.

SpartacusDiablo #88 Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:06 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 34112 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostAdderaII, on 14 May 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

Touche.  I have no counter argument.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

SpartacusDiablo #89 Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:08 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 34112 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostPlayer_39363936, on 14 May 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

If you feel like you've missed something in chat.

And you will.

You can turn chat back on; watch the replay, and see what was said.

I don't think I'm going to miss it at all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ARandomGenieGuy #90 Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18238 battles
  • [MINC]

I couldnt play without chat. I dont like talking while playing or watching the noobfest pointing fingers at everyone due to a defeat, however if I did deactivate chat, everyone would take the crappiest routes following the team heavies or just sitting at spawn. Somtimes they follow my calls, I couldnt imagine not having that power for some battles and simply throwing away any attempt of communication from my part of giving orders. I wonder how some of you get improved results by deactivating chat, either Im not nearly as good as you to carry when the whole team goes full rtard (which is reasonable since Im mostly unfamiliar with new meta and such) or you have been really lucky that all of your teams actually possesed a brain and took the most logical route to win. I want to try to disable chat but Im worried that there would be no logical voice to reason with most of the team...

Edited by ARandomGenieGuy, 14 May 2019 - 04:26 PM.

ARandomGenieGuy #91 Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18238 battles
  • [MINC]

View PostAdderaII, on 14 May 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

Lol youre so right, Ive been mindraped. 

4sfield #92 Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:44 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33618 battles
  • [-1]

View PostARandomGenieGuy, on 14 May 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

I couldnt play without chat. I dont like talking while playing or watching the noobfest pointing fingers at everyone due to a defeat, however if I did deactivate chat, everyone would take the crappiest routes following the team heavies or just sitting at spawn. Somtimes they follow my calls, I couldnt imagine not having that power for some battles and simply throwing away any attempt of communication from my part of giving orders. I wonder how some of you get improved results by deactivating chat, either Im not nearly as good as you to carry when the whole team goes full rtard (which is reasonable since Im mostly unfamiliar with new meta and such) or you have been really lucky that all of your teams actually possesed a brain and took the most logical route to win. I want to try to disable chat but Im worried that there would be no logical voice to reason with most of the team...

It’s been my experience that the guys complaining about chat don’t have selective hearing or reading in this case. Idc if someone rages, if I read the chat it’s because there’s a guy in my team I know or know to be good. Other than that I only read the orange chat. 

You can choose to be offended by whatever anyone says if you want, I’m not going to let that dictate how much fun I have. To accomplish this you have to let idiots be idiots. I’m watching guys play, not what they say. I can tell how bad a guy sucks by observing him for a few seconds. I can tell if there’s a shot he’s gonna be worth anything, I can tell if he’s a shot trader, I can tell when he’s stuck in sniper mode, I can tell if he’s scared and I can tell if he’s a player. That’s all that matters so I guess you don’t need chat for that but it’s helpful when you talk those nubs into a victory isn’t it? 

I don’t understand why guys get worked up about making something out of nothing. 

FREE _stealy!!!

SpartacusDiablo #93 Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:56 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 34112 battles
  • [III-C]
Concerning turning off chat.  I simply don't need to see 95% of what is being said.  I have a minimap.  I can see what the team is doing and where I need to be.  

I could function if I had some random guy following me around banging away on a tambourine.  That doesn't mean I want some guy following me around banging away on a tambourine. For me, team and global chat has become the same as some dude banging away on a tambourine. I'm better off without either.

4sfield #94 Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:08 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33618 battles
  • [-1]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 14 May 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

Concerning turning off chat. I simply don't need to see 95% of what is being said. I have a minimap. I can see what the team is doing and where I need to be.

I could function if I had some random guy following me around banging away on a tambourine. That doesn't mean I want some guy following me around banging away on a tambourine. For me, team and global chat has become the same as some dude banging away on a tambourine. I'm better off without either.

What about a cowbell?

FREE _stealy!!!

Absolute_Sniper #95 Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 47704 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Post4sfield, on 14 May 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

What about a cowbell?

We could always use more cowbell

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

acrisis #96 Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21331 battles
  • [III-S]

View Post4sfield, on 14 May 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

What about a cowbell?

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 14 May 2019 - 12:13 PM, said:

We could always use more cowbell

:teethhappy:

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

wannabeunicum #97 Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 45750 battles
  • [-MM]

View PostMorphman11, on 14 May 2019 - 03:32 PM, said:

Teams can be made up of everyone below 50%. Thus this system is moronic. Even a bad player can give out hp and number of shells fired. 

0.5^7 is less than 1% of games.

TnkKillaxyz #98 Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13119 battles
  • [AMTH]

View PostRonin_23, on 15 May 2019 - 01:26 AM, said:

Uh. Hold on just a second there, chief.

I can't even count the number of times some 40%ers have started berating me for camping or something or not being involved in a battle when I've been carrying them the whole time, or capping bases to win an otherwise impossible game in Supremacy. Or when the fools go town on Middleburg, die, then call the meds campers, bad, or a "useless team." Even better is when I pull 4-5k and they call me a nub for being unable to finish the victory alone when they didn't even land a full alpha roll before exploding. Or when I do 3k, die first, and still end on top damage. How does that even happen? Maybe if the other meds had gone to the river on Port Bay like they're supposed to it would have been an easy win and a probable Mastery for me. But now I'm getting distracted.

THE DIFFERENCE IS, when a 60% player calls you useless or criticizes a certain play, they're probably right. That's why 40%ers get mad - they can't handle being called out on their ineptitude. When a 60% player gets called useless by a 40%er, they don't care. If it does bother the good player, that's because they're being driven insane by the sheer number of fools playing and throwing the games that could have been easy wins. The 40%er's opinion is completely, absolutely, unequivocally irrelevant. I have little to no issue with being criticized for my bad plays when they come from someone who has earned the right to give such advice.

If you cannot beat a coin toss, I am not interested in your advice. That 3rd-grade math lesson is the simplest way I can explain myself to a 40%er.

LOL! 60%ers complain about 40%ers, and vice versa. Neither are going away anytime soon, so I guess we all need to learn to live with each other and get along.

Edited by plsdontkillmexxx, 15 May 2019 - 05:29 AM.

4sfield #99 Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:16 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33618 battles
  • [-1]

View Postplsdontkillmexxx, on 14 May 2019 - 10:56 PM, said:

LOL! 60%ers complain about 40%ers, and vice versa. Neither are going away anytime soon, so I guess we all need to learn to live with each other.

It isn’t funny the nubs being ignorant and incompetent are what is driving everything. When they rage it’s out of ignorance and when the good players rage it’s out of the nub’s incompetence. 

Why is it funny? Why is it funny to be inept at something and have to rely on others to carry you to victory? How is that fair to the guy who is in there trying his hind end off every game while nubs sit there with thumbs in their [edited]? Why is it funny for somebody who doesn’t know what he’s talking about to complain about someone who does? 

It was said earlier and I’ll say it again, this is a team game. If you can’t be part of the team and can’t hold up your end of being a team mate and contribute, you don’t belong in this game.

It gets old being the only guy on your team that has a clue what he’s doing and It’s gotten out of hand, that’s why good players rage. Bad players rage simply because they’re parroting what the good players are saying and they have no idea how stupid they sound. Chat only makes sense to those who have the ability to understand it. When I “discuss” what happened with a good player after a loss, we don’t rage at each other. When a nub blows up in a match because he sat there and did nothing while his team mates died, I have no desire to listen to him. When they make snide remarks as I’m winning after they’re dead I don’t care because they’re stupid. 

Show me some smarts in your play and I’ll notice, be a lump of worthlessness and I’ll notice that too. It’s up to you, how do you want to be seen? Being worthless isn’t going to be interpreted as funny by anyone who can play. 

FREE _stealy!!!

Bachus131 #100 Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:04 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29529 battles
  • [JAWZ]

View PostARandomGenieGuy, on 12 May 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

I think that names should be colored according to win rate. Not the enemy ones, since purples would be focused and targeted, but the ones from your own team. Just like win rate is colored by percentage, white for noobs, green for average, darker green for above average, blue for very good, purple to unicum, etc. That way we can all see who are the noob ones and who are the real deal. That would encourage the use of better strategies since naturally potatoes would be ignored and the calls of the best player would be actually listened. Kind of like a team leader without explicitly being one. That would improve gameplay dramatically. Also it would be cool to put nasty red and fecal brown colors to potatoes that way it’s kind of a public humiliation, and as a side effect, at least they would try to improve so players don’t mock em constantly for being sh!t, or they would try to improve to actually make the calls themselves someday.

This sounds like a much better option even though it would still not address the guy who had 10k battles at tier 3 to pad his win rate or the guy who was 60% 3 years ago and now plays 40% because he doesn't like the game anymore from giving bad directions. 
'Don't follow the lights, they will lead you to your DOOM'  ( Gollum )

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users