Jump to content


Time for Afrika

New map

  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Morphman11 #1 Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:51 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 32 battles
  • 1,210
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

Time for a new map. A simple map to replicate the coast of Tunisia with the cliffs of sand molding into the greed around the sea back to a beach. Or a map of an assault on the city of Alexandria where the Nile splits both portions of the city. A section flooded with rubble could make up for not completely relying on bridges for horizontal movement.



_Crusader6_ #2 Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:08 PM

    Angry Mod

  • Players
  • 68627 battles
  • 14,816
  • [DEF]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
Would be very cool. 
 

 
Tank Hoarder: 415 tanks in Garage:  422/422 Played Tanks Aced
 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 

 


BorisBaddenov #3 Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:26 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 26664 battles
  • 9,064
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015
But - maps need a town.  

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


minitel_NA #4 Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:26 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 5,899
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

Neat.

 

we have oasis that might be more like Sahara with bits of rocky Morocco Algeria 

we have desert palm which is a more defined urban/industrial set up overlooking a desert portion.

 

Your description would be a nice addition.

desert palms starts to show it’s age. It’s very stiff setting with very straight, very symmetrical, very square divisions has gotten very boring, the gameplay hasn’t changed in 4 years, it has become very old and repetitive.


Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


BodyCount37 #5 Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:01 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20446 battles
  • 145
  • [A-R-C]
  • Member since:
    03-17-2014

View Postminitel_NA, on 16 May 2019 - 11:26 PM, said:

Neat.

 

we have oasis that might be more like Sahara with bits of rocky Morocco Algeria 

we have desert palm which is a more defined urban/industrial set up overlooking a desert portion.

 

Your description would be a nice addition.

desert palms starts to show it’s age. It’s very stiff setting with very straight, very symmetrical, very square divisions has gotten very boring, the gameplay hasn’t changed in 4 years, it has become very old and repetitive.

 

Got that right.


#HelpStopTheISSpamToday

Proud to be an American medium tank player.

Proud owner of HEAT and APCR Rounds, loyal Pramo supporter

Russian mediums can go burn in Hell

1008170491.png Unicums in E50 M's can go deepthroat some good old fashion Cola


_Crusader6_ #6 Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:57 AM

    Angry Mod

  • Players
  • 68627 battles
  • 14,816
  • [DEF]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

 View PostBorisBaddenov, on 16 May 2019 - 06:26 PM, said:

But - maps need a town.  

Would be awesome to have destructible buildings.  

   Could start with some small buildings around the river junctions as Morph mentions - and if they are something like in the video could be driven through or shot up during battle. 

 

I for one am constantly annoyed that buildings stop tanks and tank gun rounds 

  I mean if a Maus runs into a building it should crush it - and fall into the basement based on a RNG chance 


 

 
Tank Hoarder: 415 tanks in Garage:  422/422 Played Tanks Aced
 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 

 


BorisBaddenov #7 Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:26 AM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 26664 battles
  • 9,064
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View Post__Crusader6__, on 16 May 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

Would be awesome to have destructible buildings.  

   Could start with some small buildings around the river junctions as Morph mentions - and if they are something like in the video could be driven through or shot up during battle. 

 

I for one am constantly annoyed that buildings stop tanks and tank gun rounds 

  I mean if a Maus runs into a building it should crush it - and fall into the basement based on a RNG chance 

 

oh yes.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


RonaldusMaximus_ #8 Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:36 AM

    Self-Righteous Prick

  • Players
  • 15812 battles
  • 4,207
  • [III-C]
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012
They have several maps they should port from PC, El Haluf would be nice. 

 


plsdontkillmexxx #9 Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:16 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12558 battles
  • 1,194
  • [AMTH]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2019

View PostMorphman11, on 17 May 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

Time for a new map. A simple map to replicate the coast of Tunisia with the cliffs of sand molding into the greed around the sea back to a beach. Or a map of an assault on the city of Alexandria where the Nile splits both portions of the city. A section flooded with rubble could make up for not completely relying on bridges for horizontal movement.

 

Definitely need more/new maps. Playing the same maps over and over again makes the game boring.

Absolute_Sniper #10 Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:06 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 44358 battles
  • 3,897
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2015

View Post__Crusader6__, on 17 May 2019 - 12:57 AM, said:

Would be awesome to have destructible buildings.  

   Could start with some small buildings around the river junctions as Morph mentions - and if they are something like in the video could be driven through or shot up during battle. 

 

I for one am constantly annoyed that buildings stop tanks and tank gun rounds 

  I mean if a Maus runs into a building it should crush it - and fall into the basement based on a RNG chance 

By that logic, nearly every bridge in the game would collapse under the weight of many tanks. Not saying it wouldn’t be awesome, just that they would need to add the destructible environment to everything. 


I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

 

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

 


_Crusader6_ #11 Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:28 AM

    Angry Mod

  • Players
  • 68627 battles
  • 14,816
  • [DEF]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 16 May 2019 - 11:06 PM, said:

By that logic, nearly every bridge in the game would collapse under the weight of many tanks. Not saying it wouldn’t be awesome, just that they would need to add the destructible environment to everything. 

 

Yeah sucks to be a heavy tank ;). Would make for some interesting games. 

     Blow a bridge support when a red tank is driving over it...


 

 
Tank Hoarder: 415 tanks in Garage:  422/422 Played Tanks Aced
 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 

 


minitel_NA #12 Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:07 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 454 battles
  • 5,899
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 17 May 2019 - 04:06 AM, said:

By that logic, nearly every bridge in the game would collapse under the weight of many tanks. Not saying it wouldn’t be awesome, just that they would need to add the destructible environment to everything. 

 

haz been needed for a very long time.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


Blartch #13 Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:27 PM

    Causer of Unrest

  • Players
  • 64699 battles
  • 8,373
  • [BRSKT]
  • Member since:
    05-01-2015
Only if the intro music can be performed by Toto

ZebraUp #14 Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:40 PM

    I want to be on the RED team!

  • Players
  • 29489 battles
  • 2,174
  • [_UF_]
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

View PostBlartch, on 17 May 2019 - 08:27 AM, said:

Only if the intro music can be performed by Toto

 

lol!

 


You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

#1 player all-time in North America in the FCM 36 Pak.40 by winrate & #4 Worldwide lol!


BorisBaddenov #15 Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:40 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 26664 battles
  • 9,064
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View PostBlartch, on 17 May 2019 - 05:27 AM, said:

Only if the intro music can be performed by Toto

 

I had no idea Dorthy's dog was musically inclined.

 

 

Peace-

Boris


I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


_Crusader6_ #16 Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:25 PM

    Angry Mod

  • Players
  • 68627 battles
  • 14,816
  • [DEF]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostBlartch, on 17 May 2019 - 08:27 AM, said:

Only if the intro music can be performed by Toto

 

Honestly the Weezer cover isn’t bad either. 
 

 
Tank Hoarder: 415 tanks in Garage:  422/422 Played Tanks Aced
 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 

 


ZebraUp #17 Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:48 PM

    I want to be on the RED team!

  • Players
  • 29489 battles
  • 2,174
  • [_UF_]
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

View Post__Crusader6__, on 17 May 2019 - 09:25 AM, said:

 

Honestly the Weezer cover isn’t bad either. 

 

Didn't even know about this cover.. nice!

Weezer was joined onstage by a Toto member...

 


You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

#1 player all-time in North America in the FCM 36 Pak.40 by winrate & #4 Worldwide lol!


Morphman11 #18 Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:04 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 32 battles
  • 1,210
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 16 May 2019 - 11:26 PM, said:

But - maps need a town.  

 

Towns aren’t needed. The fact that you suggest something like that shows your creativity is limited. For a map to have a heavy alley just needs a place where the space to maneuver is limited.

_Crusader6_ #19 Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:12 PM

    Angry Mod

  • Players
  • 68627 battles
  • 14,816
  • [DEF]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostMorphman11, on 17 May 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

 

Towns aren’t needed. The fact that you suggest something like that shows your creativity is limited. For a map to have a heavy alley just needs a place where the space to maneuver is limited.

 

We need to buy you a joke scoop. As Boris’s one sailed over your head. 
 

 
Tank Hoarder: 415 tanks in Garage:  422/422 Played Tanks Aced
 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 

 


Kiilu #20 Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:46 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26655 battles
  • 887
  • [D2TH]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017

View Post__Crusader6__, on 17 May 2019 - 09:25 AM, said:

 

Honestly the Weezer cover isn’t bad either. 

 

Very true. Island in The Sun. 






Also tagged with New, map

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users