T28 Concept - One Tough Target

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

LaughingRam #1 Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12832 battles
  • [DEPT]

I had this recent battle with one of my favorite tank destroyers: the T28 Concept. In this battle I bounced over 3000 potential damage!

Disclaimers:

1) I am in no ways a great player.

2) I am not a professional video maker.

3) I hardly ever use Auto-aim the way it’s supposed to be used.

4) This is the fourth battle Homer_Crimson and I have played as toon-mates; the preceding three battles were terrible losses. He was a big help for me in this battle.

Anyway, here is the link:

https://youtu.be/KFK76NVz2xE

o7

Ram

Edited by LaughingRam, 19 May 2019 - 03:45 AM.

__Frostbite #2 Posted 19 May 2019 - 04:48 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 24519 battles
  • [-0]

noice game

rusty.

4sfield #3 Posted 19 May 2019 - 04:17 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 33335 battles
  • [-1]

Don’t sell yourself short, you didn’t play that badly and I thought the 43 played worse.

That TD has beastly armor and you weren’t afraid to use it so you aren’t driving it around clueless like most of the playerbase. You were tracked once and used your repair kit before you were pushed on. I thought you should have backed off before you did and when you decided to, you were tracked again. Then during the brawl you turned your rear to the reds while the 43 fired frontal shots at the Tiger instead of trying to get rear shots on him. I didn’t think he was involved enough, what was his damage? It looked like he was playing too passive the whole and was content to let you take the brunt of the focus. If he at least shows himself the reds have to account for him and it might have taken some of the pressure off of you. You guys could work better together, it’s just going to take some practice. 

The guy playing the medium in a medium/TD platoon has the most responsibility. He needs to do his job and spot as well as be adaptable and move to where he needs to be to help. When he plays out in front of you he needs to be mindful of where you are so he doesn’t lose your covering fire. Likewise when he moves you need to move with him or you’re going to be worthless sitting there without shots, I know that didn’t happen in that one but that’s how I do it when I play both types in toon. 

I don’t think the 43 hanging back with you was a good choice from the start but with the direction the team went it was the only play he had with the position you tried to take. He could have pushed the cap and waited for spots, then when the reds showed in force he could have relocated. When playing something that is a hard pen I like the rock to the right and up a little from where you were or even the corner of the building near the corner of the map better than the position you took. Yes, there are bushes where you set up and you can reset camo easily but you can do that from the positions I pointed out too plus there is an upslope in both of them as well. You can also move to other positions more easily without exposing yourself to keep the pressure on and get shots into the cap area and beyond when the fight doesn’t materialize in front of you. 

That thing is slow, I know. You have to pick a direction and go with it to even get to a spot where you have a chance to be effective. It wasn’t a bad game but I think you can both play better than you did. 

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

LaughingRam #4 Posted 19 May 2019 - 10:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12832 battles
  • [DEPT]

View Post4sfield, on 19 May 2019 - 08:17 AM, said:

Don’t sell yourself short, you didn’t play that badly and I thought the 43 played worse.

That TD has beastly armor and you weren’t afraid to use it so you aren’t driving it around clueless like most of the playerbase. You were tracked once and used your repair kit before you were pushed on. I thought you should have backed off before you did and when you decided to, you were tracked again. Then during the brawl you turned your rear to the reds while the 43 fired frontal shots at the Tiger instead of trying to get rear shots on him. I didn’t think he was involved enough, what was his damage? It looked like he was playing too passive the whole and was content to let you take the brunt of the focus. If he at least shows himself the reds have to account for him and it might have taken some of the pressure off of you. You guys could work better together, it’s just going to take some practice. 

The guy playing the medium in a medium/TD platoon has the most responsibility. He needs to do his job and spot as well as be adaptable and move to where he needs to be to help. When he plays out in front of you he needs to be mindful of where you are so he doesn’t lose your covering fire. Likewise when he moves you need to move with him or you’re going to be worthless sitting there without shots, I know that didn’t happen in that one but that’s how I do it when I play both types in toon. 

I don’t think the 43 hanging back with you was a good choice from the start but with the direction the team went it was the only play he had with the position you tried to take. He could have pushed the cap and waited for spots, then when the reds showed in force he could have relocated. When playing something that is a hard pen I like the rock to the right and up a little from where you were or even the corner of the building near the corner of the map better than the position you took. Yes, there are bushes where you set up and you can reset camo easily but you can do that from the positions I pointed out too plus there is an upslope in both of them as well. You can also move to other positions more easily without exposing yourself to keep the pressure on and get shots into the cap area and beyond when the fight doesn’t materialize in front of you. 

That thing is slow, I know. You have to pick a direction and go with it to even get to a spot where you have a chance to be effective. It wasn’t a bad game but I think you can both play better than you did. 

I need to not be so quick with the track repair for sure. My quick repair and re-track definitely left me stranded.

I hated the fact that I didn’t have APCR loaded when the Tiger P came over the hill at me, until I realized that it wouldn’t have made any difference, because I hit his barrel!

As I mentioned in my disclaimer we had only platooned together four times. We’ve only seen each other occasionally in other battles. I’ve noticed since the new style of missions have come on line, there are a lot more players out there looking for platoon mates. 

Also, in the previous battles we got beaten pretty badly. So I think Homer wanted to lay back for a change. I thought it was okay, especially if the reds came around behind me.

That totally makes sense about TD/Medium platoons. I rarely play platoons and do not probably have a good grasp of picking the right matching tank as well as the roles in relationship between the tanks that are in the platoon.

I normally play the right alley as you describe: the set of rocks and bush to the right or the building at the corner. After recently watching DMG’s “Back to Basics” video on this map, I figured I would set up where I did.

The problem is this tank has only 4 degrees of gun depression and those “up slopes” would make it real difficult for getting my gun down without cresting the slope and exposing the tank.

In the brawl, I was just concentrating on the Tiger P and the Cromwell - just trying to face them (I missed a good shot on the Tiger P!) I wasn’t even thinking about my rear facing the rest of the red team behind me. Not sure how I would have done if I had turned clockwise. We’ll probably never know.

I see that you have one of these, but you haven’t played it in a while. It has changed since you last played it and it is s much better tank now. 

Check it it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks 4sField for your critique. I appreciate it!

o7

Ram

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users