Free aim (soft lock on''auto aim'')on mobile vs PC (hard lock)

free aim

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Si1verBlood #21 Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:38 PM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 14122 battles
  • [SR-71]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 20 May 2019 - 07:05 AM, said:

This ^^^^^

I have never used Auto-aim, never saw the advantage. And yes, I drive the heck out of lights.

Why would I want to sacrifice my own ability to aim exactly where I want? I learn the maps and get a good understanding of where the obstacles are so I do not crash (much) when I COD. Situational awareness is vastly under utilized.

auto aim is almost necessary if yoou are using a phone while riding a bus.... I tried going no auto aim for a while and noticed than even if I was still doing fine ...dealing with lights was a bigger problem than when using auto aim.

View Post__Crusader6__, on 20 May 2019 - 07:28 AM, said:

As an iOS player - I need auto-aim - simply as I cannot keep up with turret traverse when driving my tank. 

I can make some small changes to the aim - but cannot keep it on a fast moving tank if I am also moving quickly. 

I played a number of games on my iMac, the mouse on it is not conducive to playing Blitz - but even with it, I saw some significant advantages.   That said, my iMac doesn’t move to the toilet easily...

Honestly, for the most part I think it’s a wash between KBM/iOS, but it would be nice to have a better zoom for iOS. 

the only reason I dont play on pc is because I like the ''mobile'' aspect of the game...I would rather play wot pc on my pc than a port from a mobile game.

NICKEL_AND_DIME #22 Posted 20 May 2019 - 02:54 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 52329 battles
  • [III]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 20 May 2019 - 07:28 AM, said:

Honestly, for the most part I think it’s a wash between KBM/iOS, but it would be nice to have a better zoom for iOS. 

Yes please.  I would like to be able to zoom in manually without waiting for a target to get close enough to the middle of the reticle in sniper mode.

Flexsphincter1 #23 Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:11 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18200 battles
I play on computer with out the auto aim turned on ,, it will auto aim the center of tank yet there is a bolder at middle of tank and you shoot boulder,, I had it on one time and had so many missed shots its not been on since,,, I see zero advantage and liability using auto aim on my pc.

HugGigolo #24 Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:45 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21544 battles
  • [AGILE]
I switched from iPad to PC a long time ago. As an old fps player kb/m felt natural to me. But the part of touch aiming that I miss the most is how easy it is to highlight a spotted tank with the white corner-brackets, even when it's behind cover. In PC there's no white corner-brackets, you have to get the reticle right on a tank. It's so much easier to call attack-my-target on touch. But more than that, with touch you could "see" when a spotted tank behind cover is traversing to relocate by the changing size of the corner-bracket box, a useful tidbit of info that I miss.

minitel_NA #25 Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostHugGigolo, on 21 May 2019 - 12:45 AM, said:

I switched from iPad to PC a long time ago. As an old fps player kb/m felt natural to me. But the part of touch aiming that I miss the most is how easy it is to highlight a spotted tank with the white corner-brackets, even when it's behind cover. In PC there's no white corner-brackets, you have to get the reticle right on a tank. It's so much easier to call attack-my-target on touch. But more than that, with touch you could "see" when a spotted tank behind cover is traversing to relocate by the changing size of the corner-bracket box, a useful tidbit of info that I miss.

Bold part

not anymore. For a while now I highlight a tank and only the “attack” chat button appears. Especially if said target is behind cover.

It’s been so annoying. Especially when in platoon and that your platoon could hit him. If you could indicate him, that is.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

HugGigolo #26 Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:44 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 21544 battles
  • [AGILE]

View Postminitel_NA, on 20 May 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

Bold part

not anymore. For a while now I highlight a tank and only the “attack” chat button appears. Especially if said target is behind cover.

It’s been so annoying. Especially when in platoon and that your platoon could hit him. If you could indicate him, that is.

Oh that's interesting. I only play the occasional game on iPad nowadays so I haven't noticed.

_Cletus #27 Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:51 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23013 battles
  • [HAHA]
I've always screwed up marking a target.  Everytime I do it I end up throwing a general "attack."  

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar by crpl_hicks

Conan, what is best in lifeTo crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

minitel_NA #28 Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Post_Cletus, on 21 May 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

I've always screwed up marking a target.  Everytime I do it I end up throwing a general "attack."  

sort of what I was saying. I think the control for it is completely broken, broken only half of the times, or just sucks.

__Crusader6__ #29 Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:40 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 58748 battles
  • [-C6-]

View Postminitel_NA, on 21 May 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

sort of what I was saying. I think the control for it is completely broken, broken only half of the times, or just sucks.

It seems that in the last few updates the entire red tank needs to be visible out of cover for this to work now on IOS. 

Tank Hoarder: 365 tanks in Garage:  366/368 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner
I think 5.5 was good for the game - But I also want my Kenny OP nerfed. 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

4sfield #30 Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:45 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 32575 battles
  • [-1]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 21 May 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

It seems that in the last few updates the entire red tank needs to be visible out of cover for this to work now on IOS. 

It’s ticking me off, it used to be all you had to do was shoot a tank to be able to call it as a target. I shot a tank I spotted in a bush at Yamato yesterday and immediately went to call it as a target. All I got was “Attack!”.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

minitel_NA #31 Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 21 May 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

Thats what I noticed as well. And if that’s intentional, it plain sucks. And that’s what I meant by broken or sucks. With WG you can never tell if it’s intentional.

But sometimes you spotted someone or someone will attack you soon and you need to indicate that guy as a priority to your platoon mate, regardless if you have direct line of fire or not. Just “shoot that ** here now, SHOOT HIM”. Instead u send that message “attack” which if you got the correct platoonmate he knows that already, and if u got the wrong teammate he will suddenly jump out his bush and go boom. Because u pressured him into attacking.

Edited by minitel_NA, 21 May 2019 - 04:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users