LAG

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Player_9528520657 #1 Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:24 AM

Private

• Players
  • 8549 battles
  • [SERTT]

The last 2 months, it's felt more like "LAG of TANKS".  Hard wire connection from modem.  No computer issues.  1-3 second lag with jumps.  Any ideas before I punt this crap out?

Morphman11 #2 Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:50 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32 battles
  • [2WEAK]
Install a better game.

potatoes_shooter #3 Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:00 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 54182 battles
  • [RIVAL]
Same here bro, lag is so bad that I couldn’t even have a normal game in a training room with friends. I love the game but this is ridiculous, the last time I sent a ticket and all the [edited]I get is u need to do this and do that but nothing gets fixed. My ping jumps from 60 to 250 during battles !?! How can I play a normal game if I’m skating all over the place ? I played almost 30 games on a regular day but now I’m lucky if I play more than 10

HugGigolo #4 Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:33 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22550 battles
  • [AGILE]
New server. It kinda sucks. I did notice that WG stepped up their maintenance schedule recently, hopefully that means they're working on it but they haven't said a word publicly.

acrisis #5 Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20522 battles
  • [III]

Have you run pingplotter to actually verify how good your internet connection is? 

( On the other side of our town, before we leave the county, ping fluctuates constantly, due to saturation and/or old equipment ... nothing time warner / spectrum wants to put $$$ in to fix ) 

See link in my signature. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Got lag issues ?  >> Pingplotter thread  << 
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

acrisis #6 Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20522 battles
  • [III]

View Postpotatoes_shooter, on 20 May 2019 - 11:00 PM, said:

Same here bro, lag is so bad that I couldn’t even have a normal game in a training room with friends. I love the game but this is ridiculous, the last time I sent a ticket and all the [edited]I get is u need to do this and do that but nothing gets fixed. My ping jumps from 60 to 250 during battles !?! How can I play a normal game if I’m skating all over the place ? I played almost 30 games on a regular day but now I’m lucky if I play more than 10

Why complain that they want to troubleshoot your issue with you, to figure out if it is an internet issue, network issue, device issue or wotb game issue, server issue, ... 

Noting that 99% of the time when people complain about LAG, there is actually nothing that WG can fix, because several thousand people are actually playing just fine and the issues are a mix of: an older mobile device that is being used to play, a windows laptop that keeps doing other stuff, poor wifi setup, weak cellphone connection, connecting from a remote location, oversold internet provider, using satellite internet, ... 

Infrequently is it a nationwide network issue like we saw a few weeks back, where people got routed around the country twice — which again was not WG’s fault

Rarely is it buggy server code, crashed server farm, ... like last week. 

And, as far as WG doing nothing. If the issue is not with them, or people refuse to give troubleshooting information, what can they do?

At the same time WG has been trying to address complaints about slow connections from the west coast by moving the server to Chicago last year, then bringing the Virginia server back online, adding a dedicated connection point in South America, ...  

None of these are simple overnight changes. 

> WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor

potatoes_shooter #7 Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:52 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 54182 battles
  • [RIVAL]

View Postacrisis, on 21 May 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

Why complain that they want to troubleshoot your issue with you, to figure out if it is an internet issue, network issue, device issue or wotb game issue, server issue, ... 

Noting that 99% of the time when people complain about LAG, there is actually nothing that WG can fix, because several thousand people are actually playing just fine and the issues are a mix of: an older mobile device that is being used to play, a windows laptop that keeps doing other stuff, poor wifi setup, weak cellphone connection, connecting from a remote location, oversold internet provider, using satellite internet, ... 

Infrequently is it a nationwide network issue like we saw a few weeks back, where people got routed around the country twice — which again was not WG’s fault

Rarely is it buggy server code, crashed server farm, ... like last week. 

And, as far as WG doing nothing. If the issue is not with them, or people refuse to give troubleshooting information, what can they do?

At the same time WG has been trying to address complaints about slow connections from the west coast by moving the server to Chicago last year, then bringing the Virginia server back online, adding a dedicated connection point in South America, ...  

None of these are simple overnight changes. 

well that is a great way to explain many different scenarios but in my case, I clearly said I’ve sent them a ticket maybe twice maybe three times and I get nothing really in response. I never had an issue with blitz before the last two or three updates but ever since, my lag has become a problem and I’ve notice I’m playing in both servers? Can somebody explain this to me, yesterday I was in na p1 today in 2 ? And by the way I have searched everywhere and I haven’t seen any moves from the servers except only located in California 

acrisis #8 Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20522 battles
  • [III]

WG is clustering the player base onto two servers, one in Chicago, one Washington DC, with a direct line between them; an effort to try to optimize people’s connection ( minimize ping / lag ). Similar thing with the South American server. This is automatic and transparent to the end user. Not and end user choice. Also should help with up-time as only one reboots at a time. 

First layer customer service is always a bit hit or miss, depending on who reads the ticket.

What is your typical ping?

Are you on the west coast?

BE  (+)   

potatoes_shooter #9 Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 54182 battles
  • [RIVAL]
92417DF4-B68B-4CDB-AACF-524DA449AC8B.pngAm in NY, and ping is mostly on the 60s but if fluctuates during game, it goes to almost 280 at times and my fps is 60, I have a new iPad with the better graphics bullcrap for better gaming and my internet is decent. 

Edited by potatoes_shooter, 24 May 2019 - 02:41 AM.

HugGigolo #10 Posted 24 May 2019 - 02:53 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22550 battles
  • [AGILE]

View Postacrisis, on 23 May 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

WG is clustering the player base onto two servers, one in Chicago, one Washington DC, with a direct line between them; an effort to try to optimize people’s connection ( minimize ping / lag ). Similar thing with the South American server. This is automatic and transparent to the end user. Not and end user choice. Also should help with up-time as only one reboots at a time. 

First layer customer service is always a bit hit or miss, depending on who reads the ticket.

I'm in Southern California and I'm connecting to a server in San Francisco (both NA_P1 and NA_P2). So perhaps it has a direct line to this Chicago server?

Edit: Never mind, I just saw your other reply. Cheers.

Edited by HugGigolo, 24 May 2019 - 02:54 AM.

snoozyalooz #11 Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 54546 battles
  • [YOTA]
My clan is experiencing lag more than usual theses days.  We notice evenings are worse, so many of us are avoiding those hours. The lag seems to manifest itself when a tank's movement (turning, going straight) would not stop.

boris55555 #12 Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:00 PM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 24835 battles
  • [MINC]

View Postacrisis, on 23 May 2019 - 03:51 PM, said:

are you not noticing an up tick in this issue? Whole battles freezing? I am. It’s sudden and seemingly unrelated to local connection. Go from 60 to 380 and going in circles. Something is off at wg and as per usual we get no responses.
Positive Vibes: The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to LET THEM SHOOT HOLES IN ME!  To a New Yorker like (me), a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers.

Also tagged with LAG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users