If I have a Mod1, do I need a Type 59?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

WrenchThrower281 #21 Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20025 battles
  • [T_W_O]
Both only need the armor bc they are slow AF. It's not the top speed , they just can't get out of their own way. And the DPM is pathetic. Mod1 has insane op front armor that saves your bacon a lot but bad gun depression, which doesn't really matter bc this tank is all about the upper front plate.. The type 59 has one of the worst guns on a medium tank and one of the best turrets in tier. Face hug and side hug seems to work great if you can catch em or get close enough. I really prefer t44 to both, it has far less compromises and can scuttle butt across the map like a med should. Not as good of front plate as mod1 but seems better than type, not as good of turret as type but fast gun with better gun stats minus a small about of pen so you can just juke and actually hit while not giving red time to force the auto center rectical to  you tiny turret cheeks. Oh and if you in type or mod 1 indien panzer will ruin you day as they cut right through you strongest bits with that laser beam gun. When I can pen a hull down type 59 in the face 4 times in a row with indien's apcr running rammer...

dindincf #22 Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:54 PM

Potato Rights Activist

• Players
  • 23508 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View PostWrenchThrower281, on 23 May 2019 - 04:09 AM, said:

Both only need the armor bc they are slow AF. It's not the top speed , they just can't get out of their own way. And the DPM is pathetic. Mod1 has insane op front armor that saves your bacon a lot but bad gun depression, which doesn't really matter bc this tank is all about the upper front plate.. The type 59 has one of the worst guns on a medium tank and one of the best turrets in tier. Face hug and side hug seems to work great if you can catch em or get close enough. I really prefer t44 to both, it has far less compromises and can scuttle butt across the map like a med should. Not as good of front plate as mod1 but seems better than type, not as good of turret as type but fast gun with better gun stats minus a small about of pen so you can just juke and actually hit while not giving red time to force the auto center rectical to  you tiny turret cheeks. Oh and if you in type or mod 1 indien panzer will ruin you day as they cut right through you strongest bits with that laser beam gun. When I can pen a hull down type 59 in the face 4 times in a row with indien's apcr running rammer...

The T-44 has worse effective p/wr on all but hard surfaces meaning it has slower acceleration and worse top speed in those areas.

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/dindincf                                            

#bringtankboomback

Tier X's: Leopard 1 / T110E4 /  T110E5 /  M48A1 Patton / Object 263 / IS-7 / Object 140 / T-62A / JPE-100 / AMX 50B

“At the moment, you should forget about the M60.”        -ZIoydd, on 01 August 2017 - 06:01 AM

__Crusader6__ #23 Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:30 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59792 battles
  • [-C6-]

View PostWrenchThrower281, on 23 May 2019 - 07:09 AM, said:

With the IP’s 90mm APCR the Type has two small cheek squares beside the gun.  

If he wiggles at all your bouncing, you fought a lemon player. 

My Type 59 hulldown will eat an Indien Panzer. 

Tank Hoarder: 385 tanks in Garage:  377/387 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

WrenchThrower281 #24 Posted 24 May 2019 - 03:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20025 battles
  • [T_W_O]

View Postdindincf, on 23 May 2019 - 03:54 PM, said:

The T-44 has worse effective p/wr on all but hard surfaces meaning it has slower acceleration and worse top speed in those areas.

That's true. And I'm not so sure if those numbers are the end all or out right a mistake. Bc the t44 has always been so much quicker to accelerate for me despite the numbers. I feel terrain resistance has more to it than meets the eye and is more as a soft stat balancing factor. T44 not only has like 150 more horses, but weights significantly less. And if WG actually considers gear ratio which I suspect they do that further muddies the water. Also, in game stats show t44 has considerable higher average speed than type 59. Best way to know is setup training room and drag race I guess.

Update*

So actually tried out a little mobility test on mines with clan lead. I was in type 59, Driver was in t44. We drive around the map, circled, played in water ect.

The 44 seemed to jump to 35 quicker and not scrub as much speed while turning or taking hills, but on flat ground the type can slowly pass it, very slowly. I think the t44 being physically smaller makes it seem to move around quicker on screen.

Edited by WrenchThrower281, 24 May 2019 - 05:09 PM.

Si1verBlood #25 Posted 24 May 2019 - 07:24 PM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 15518 battles
  • [SR-71]
type59 vs t54mod1 is the same story as  t62a vs  Obj140 imo...they both have things they excel at in comon  and also have things they excel at better than their counterpart. They are similar, but not the same.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users