• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

__Frostbite #1 Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:59 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 24529 battles
  • [-0]

Hi, welcome to my thread,

I'm gonna give this a shot, having a thread where you guys can come here and ask questions about whatever. I mean, anything. Noob questions, specific questions, advice, whatever you're comfortable asking. I'm hoping it'll be a social place, but it's up to you guys if you're interested. 

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEYfPZ14R0dwqJVpaxO7gJQ?view_as=subscriber (sub 4 kewl kontent)

Alright, let's take some questions from the audience.

Discord? You have your own server?
Yeah! Clicking this link is kind of like the Discord equivalent of this thread...you can ask me questions that I'll probably see faster and the same types of things will go on there as well. On the Discord server, I'll also have read-only channels with all my guides and community contributions that I've made, which I won't be able to do here quite the same for the sake of organization. 

I'm still missing the point. Why are you doing this?
I'm hoping to make an area where you can easily get my attention for whatever you need help with or is burning a hole in your head. Another one of my goals here is to be able to organize everything I've made into an area where you can learn things as well. I also look forward to launching community events with all of you guys, whether it's for research into the game, playing countdowns, or having fun in training rooms. It has to be fun or rewarding for it to be worth!!

You're a nerd.
Technically not a question but you're not far off.

Check the below posts for more information!

-Frostbite

Edited by __Frostbite, 21 October 2019 - 05:36 PM.

rusty.

__Frostbite #2 Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:00 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 24529 battles
  • [-0]

Upcoming News for Blitz!! (from the past month, rest will be achieved on Discord, all the more reason to join my server)
-will include sales, credible leaks like supertest or open test info, and explanations of events, game updates, or new content being added to the game

May 22, 2019

Offer: Type 59 Chinese Tier 8 Medium Premium, garage slot, full 9 slots of equipment, Ding camouflage

Price: 7500 gold (55% off)

Review: Pretty solid tank. Decently mobile, great turret, 7 degrees of gun depression allows the tank to use its 100mm gun and strong turret effectively.

Buy it?: This is probably the cheapest WG will ever just flat out sell the tank for, and it comes pretty loaded with stuff. However, if you already have the T-54 mod 1 or another good Tier VIII premium, don't impulse buy just because you see its "55% off". I'd personally recommend the T-54 mod 1 to those who are just starting at Tier VIII, the tactics with this tank are not as simple as heavy tank driving or playing a TD. Overall, I'd recommend the purchase but only if you're really looking for something new to play or need a good credit grinder/OP tank at Tier VIII.

May 24, 2019

WZ-111 and WZ-112-2 are on sale There's 3 bundles, I'll list them here.

1. WZ-112-2 for 12.5k gold

2. WZ-112-2 with camo and attachment for 14k gold

3. WZ-112-2 and WZ-111.

I believe they come with the Mighty Bear avatar as well but that's irrelevant. Anyways, let's talk about these tanks.

WZ-111 is absolute crap. There's no reason to own this tank. The WZ-112-2 is a better Glacial 112, with a stronger lower (and upper) plate, more side armor, and smaller cupolas. There's basically no other downsides compared to the Glacial which is kinda [edited], but whatever. But is it worth 12.5k gold? That's up to you. It's one of the better IS-X's at Tier VIII because it doesn't have to deal with any pike nose stuff, and when you hide the lower plate, the tank becomes very hard to penetrate. The gun is a standard Communist 122mm heavy gun. The mobility is actually pretty decent, with a 42 kph speed limit and decent p/w ratio for a heavy. If it was 10k gold, I'd recommend it, especially to those without an IS spam tank at Tier VIII. 12.5k is a lot for a Tier VIII, but I will say it's a good tank.

In addition, there will be 3 new Defender tanks coming to Blitz. It looks like they're breaking the mold on the Tier VIII 400 alpha adaptations.

Edited by _Ntwadumela, 24 May 2019 - 06:11 PM.

rusty.

__Frostbite #3 Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:01 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 24529 battles
  • [-0]

My YouTube Content (I'm only going to feature the latest 3, the rest can be found underneath as a link without being embedded.)

In this video, I show you how to play second line, which means you're shooting the reds while they're focused on your teammates, aka the farm position. It's also a really high damage game in the AMX 30 1er, however you think of it.

Having not made a video in months, I restarted the channel with an easy video to make, which features my 16,291 damage game in the Grille 15 on the first day of the Uprising Event. I've already seen some 20k+ games on some other YouTube videos, but since this was my replay, I figured I'd feature it for now.

The tank no one has been paying attention to. I've got a Nightmare review here which goes over the loadout, the tank details (tank-compare), the armor profile, and a 5k game on Uprising. 

Other Videos!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuFmPIUi-jo my crappy first stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMDOgFoRAYA Heartbreak in Blitz, two tough losses in the WT auf Pz. IV and T49

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o9HOVFRhK0 Double Public Ace, replay features POV of myself in the Grille 15 and serial_killer_2015 in the T-62A both acing on Himmelsdorf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg8qTX95T8M Lowe 5.7k Massive Carry, replay features myself putting up the 3rd highest damage in NA for the Lowe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5JwIi_zD_M Blitz Video Archives, showcasing a compilation of some of my older videos from a long time ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G83IL-7wYrQ An Ace Tanker in the Grille 15, 5k+ damage

Edited by __Frostbite, 21 October 2019 - 06:00 PM.

rusty.

__Frostbite #4 Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:03 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 24529 battles
  • [-0]

Forum Content (coming soon to a forum thread near you) 

Obj 140 vs T-62 Guide

Maverick's Ultimate Guide to the T-62A

Maverick's Map Rating/Improvements Thread

Maverick's Minute, Pt. 1: Why Medium Tanks are still Relevant at Tier 10

Maverick's Minute, Pt. 2: Situational Awareness' Impact

Maverick's Minute Pt. 3: How Can I Git Gud in 5 Minutes?

Maverick's Minute Pt. 4: Making Predictions

Edited by __Frostbite, 21 October 2019 - 06:07 PM.

rusty.

__Frostbite #5 Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:04 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 24529 battles
  • [-0]
Reserved for future use
rusty.

DestructSean #6 Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:15 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 95 battles

Thanks for starting this. I always enjoy your contributions to the community and game. I look forward to watching this blossom into something informative and entertaining. 

I’m an old Top Gun guy, so yeah, I think Maverick is a much cooler tanking call sign. Ntwadumela is cool if you know the backstory, but doesn’t really roll off the tongue or inspire awe like Maverick. Reminds me of when DMG changed his name to Azula (or whatever it was). Totally my opinion and certainly not my place; so no disrespect meant. 

Thanks again. 

_Cletus #7 Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:44 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 24859 battles
  • [HAHA]

Den?  Why didn't you call this thread _Ntwadumela's Voodoo Ritual Chamber?

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

ZebraUp #8 Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:16 PM

I want to be on the RED team!

• Players
  • 25030 battles
  • [_UF_]
You should put the video of Ntwadumela in with name change explanation..  then again, it is kinda violent lol

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

#1 player in North America in the FCM 36 Pak.40 by winrate & #4 Worldwide lol!

RonaldusMaximus_ #9 Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8097 battles
  • [HAHA]
How do you pronounce Ntwadumela ??

View Post_Cletus, on 23 October 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

I don't know how I feel about Ronnie cosplaying a 9 year old with a stranger on the internet.....

BorisBaddenov #10 Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:09 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 24601 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 23 May 2019 - 05:51 AM, said:

Nut-wad-umm-ya

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

_Cletus #11 Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:23 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 24859 battles
  • [HAHA]
I think you should change it to he_who_greets_with_fire.  It rolls off the tongue a little better.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

__Frostbite #12 Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:07 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 24529 battles
  • [-0]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 23 May 2019 - 05:51 AM, said:

Pronounced “N-tWHY-da-may-la” :)

View Post_Cletus, on 23 May 2019 - 04:44 AM, said:

Den?  Why didn't you call this thread _Ntwadumela's Voodoo Ritual Chamber?

That sounds like a good idea for the name for your personal thread...Cletus the Handsome’s Voodoo Ritual Chamber :deer:
rusty.

__Frostbite #13 Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:10 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 24529 battles
  • [-0]

View PostZebraUp, on 23 May 2019 - 05:16 AM, said:

You should put the video of Ntwadumela in with name change explanation..  then again, it is kinda violent lol

eh, its called nature. 

btw, i guess we’re mortal enemies now? I don’t know how we’ll proceed now that there’s a lion and a zebra on the forums

rusty.

__Frostbite #14 Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:15 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 24529 battles
  • [-0]

View PostDestructSean, on 23 May 2019 - 02:15 AM, said:

Thanks for starting this. I always enjoy your contributions to the community and game. I look forward to watching this blossom into something informative and entertaining. 

I’m an old Top Gun guy, so yeah, I think Maverick is a much cooler tanking call sign. Ntwadumela is cool if you know the backstory, but doesn’t really roll off the tongue or inspire awe like Maverick. Reminds me of when DMG changed his name to Azula (or whatever it was). Totally my opinion and certainly not my place; so no disrespect meant. 

Thanks again. 

Not gonna lie, I miss the name. It fit my tanking personality pretty well, I tended to do very little tooning and I still don’t play my tanks very traditionally ;) but who knows, I might switch back someday. For the time being though, I like Ntwadumela and its cool to have people guessing just what that means.

View Post_Cletus, on 23 May 2019 - 06:23 AM, said:

I think you should change it to he_who_greets_with_fire.  It rolls off the tongue a little better.

I was considering this strongly, but I eventually ruled it out due to it being just slightly too long-winded to say or be called. People, you can still call me Mav or _Nt or whatever floats your boat.
rusty.

tanker070 #15 Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:37 PM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 55833 battles
  • [SRT-A]

im thinking for making a video about difference between "heavy" classified tanks.  This class of tanks being the most used and backbone of team... but sometimes ppl begin to think heaviums like conq. are the same thing as e75 or 50-120 is the same thing as conq.   being classified as a heavy suggests it should take attention from reds.  there are so many fake heavies that need a different class of their own ... so thats the rough idea on the topic.
Any thoughts to add you guys might have?

→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.

__Frostbite #16 Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:56 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 24529 battles
  • [-0]

View Posttanker070, on 23 May 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

im thinking for making a video about difference between "heavy" classified tanks.  This class of tanks being the most used and backbone of team... but sometimes ppl begin to think heaviums like conq. are the same thing as e75 or 50-120 is the same thing as conq.   being classified as a heavy suggests it should take attention from reds.  there are so many fake heavies that need a different class of their own ... so thats the rough idea on the topic.

i think that’s a good idea. if you need clips of people playing certain heavies, I might have something for you.
rusty.

RonaldusMaximus_ #17 Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8097 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Posttanker070, on 23 May 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

Thick?

Big Boned?

Edited by RonaldusMaximus_, 23 May 2019 - 03:57 PM.

View Post_Cletus, on 23 October 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

I don't know how I feel about Ronnie cosplaying a 9 year old with a stranger on the internet.....

9_V0LT #18 Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:05 PM

Cunning Linguist

• Players
  • 9339 battles
  • [OGRE]

View Post_Ntwadumela, on 23 May 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

Not gonna lie, I miss the name. It fit my tanking personality pretty well, I tended to do very little tooning and I still don’t play my tanks very traditionally ;) but who knows, I might switch back someday. For the time being though, I like Ntwadumela and its cool to have people guessing just what that means.

I was considering this strongly, but I eventually ruled it out due to it being just slightly too long-winded to say or be called. People, you can still call me Mav or _Nt or whatever floats your boat.

New Coke

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

twirlingtowardsfreedom #19 Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:20 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30419 battles

View Post_Ntwadumela, on 23 May 2019 - 05:59 AM, said:

Hi, welcome to my den.

I'm gonna give this a shot, having a thread where you guys can come here and ask questions about whatever. I mean, anything. 

Can you run the same active account on multiple platforms? I've been mobile from the get go but it strikes me that PC would be nice for replay watching/analysis. Will it save replays across either platform?

__Frostbite #20 Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:25 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 24529 battles
  • [-0]

View Posttwirlingtowardsfreedom, on 23 May 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

Can you run the same active account on multiple platforms? I've been mobile from the get go but it strikes me that PC would be nice for replay watching/analysis. Will it save replays across either platform?

Simple way to get around this. No, it doesn’t save replays between 2 platforms because they’re all local files. However, since you can play replays from both, just share the replay to Discord and then you can watch it from any account or platform. 
rusty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users