Jump to content


Maverick's Hangar

this place is dead

  • Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

BorisBaddenov #61 Posted 06 July 2019 - 02:06 PM

    3.8 Made me quit

  • Players
  • 24192 battles
  • 8,129
  • [NOGUD]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015

View PostSi1verBlood, on 30 June 2019 - 05:46 AM, said:

Someone unpin this....There are plenty of personal threads going around and non of them are pinned....It serves no purpose by staying pinned

 

Ntwad is special tho... Discord mod I think.   Blatant favoritism.


I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.


_TheKidd_ #62 Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:55 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 2722 battles
  • 71
  • [RPATH]
  • Member since:
    05-11-2019
I think Boris is saying the forum is rigged like the MM?!

Si1verBlood #63 Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:36 PM

    The Armored Garbage Truck

  • Players
  • 15508 battles
  • 839
  • [SR-71]
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015

View Post_TheKidd_, on 13 August 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

I think Boris is saying the forum is rigged like the MM?!

he is saying this post shouldnt be pinned considering that all the posts in this thread for a few months are about how this thread should not be pinned



tankeatingtiger #64 Posted 22 August 2019 - 12:35 AM

    Luvs His Hellkitty

  • Players
  • 18905 battles
  • 2,181
  • [DETH]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2016
Hm let's see pinned yet only on page 4. Boris' thread is in the 30s, yet is still not pinned. Also consider that Boris' signature got nuked. Yea I would say that's favoritism.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers


CuteFluffyKitten #65 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:13 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9900 battles
  • 242
  • [DRIF7]
  • Member since:
    10-25-2015
I don't not like this thread or anything, I just fail to see the purpose of this when all the recent posts are about un-pinning this.
Remember what the general said. We're the cavalry. It would be bad form to arrive early; in the nick of time would do nicely.

boris55555 #66 Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:21 AM

    Honary Doctor of Meh

  • Players
  • 23657 battles
  • 2,262
  • [MINC]
  • Member since:
    11-30-2016

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 21 August 2019 - 07:35 PM, said:

Hm let's see pinned yet only on page 4. Boris' thread is in the 30s, yet is still not pinned. Also consider that Boris' signature got nuked. Yea I would say that's favoritism.


now I see where the sig thing came from....and are we going with hanger now? Am I behind? Do I need to rebrand?


Positive Vibes: The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to LET THEM SHOOT HOLES IN ME!  To a New Yorker like (me), a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers.

tankeatingtiger #67 Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:29 AM

    Luvs His Hellkitty

  • Players
  • 18905 battles
  • 2,181
  • [DETH]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2016

View PostCuteFluffyKitten, on 21 August 2019 - 08:13 PM, said:

I don't not like this thread or anything, I just fail to see the purpose of this when all the recent posts are about un-pinning this.

You'd think he would do it at some point, right?


YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers


_Cletus #68 Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:07 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 23893 battles
  • 3,676
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

You guys realize that one day Crusader6 unpinned a bunch of threads and pinned others.  That is when C6 pinned this thread.  I don't believe Mav did it, I'm not even sure that he's a forum mod.  

 

That said, if you guys are real concerned about fairness, then this thread should be unpinned OR boris' thread needs to be pinned, then we can put this mini-drama behind us.

 

And now that that's said, if we're pinning threads the most deserving thread to pin is still the fennel stem thread.


https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

 

sFkBFSc.jpg

 

tankeatingtiger #69 Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:13 PM

    Luvs His Hellkitty

  • Players
  • 18905 battles
  • 2,181
  • [DETH]
  • Member since:
    11-19-2016

View Post_Cletus, on 22 August 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

You guys realize that one day Crusader6 unpinned a bunch of threads and pinned others.  That is when C6 pinned this thread.  I don't believe Mav did it, I'm not even sure that he's a forum mod.  

 

That said, if you guys are real concerned about fairness, then this thread should be unpinned OR boris' thread needs to be pinned, then we can put this mini-drama behind us.

 

And now that that's said, if we're pinning threads the most deserving thread to pin is still the fennel stem thread.

Yea I'm not accusing Mav of that but I'm pretty sure he's a mod. And my retort is still the second part.

This is true also. Thing has been necroed so many times it's getting to the point where you can't say it has ever been dead.


YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

You'd be bitter, too, if you only had eight brain cells and your significant other was jar of warm mayonnaise”

-Blartch on Kv-2 drivers


boris55555 #70 Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:43 PM

    Honary Doctor of Meh

  • Players
  • 23657 battles
  • 2,262
  • [MINC]
  • Member since:
    11-30-2016

I really don’t want or need anything pinned. I was just pretty butt hurt over dudes rudeness and power play. Neither should be pinned. 

 

Fennel stem, some guide type stuff and anything by SD needs to be pinned.


Positive Vibes: The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to LET THEM SHOOT HOLES IN ME!  To a New Yorker like (me), a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers.

CuteFluffyKitten #71 Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:09 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9900 battles
  • 242
  • [DRIF7]
  • Member since:
    10-25-2015
Although if we have a constructive conversation in this thread then it should be kept pinned.
Remember what the general said. We're the cavalry. It would be bad form to arrive early; in the nick of time would do nicely.

_Cletus #72 Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:26 PM

    Voodoo Wizard

  • Players
  • 23893 battles
  • 3,676
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016

View PostCuteFluffyKitten, on 22 August 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

Although if we have a constructive conversation in this thread then it should be kept pinned.

 

That's some tough criteria for us.


https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

 

sFkBFSc.jpg

 

CuteFluffyKitten #73 Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:31 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9900 battles
  • 242
  • [DRIF7]
  • Member since:
    10-25-2015

View Post_Cletus, on 22 August 2019 - 08:26 PM, said:

 

That's some tough criteria for us.

Well, now that I think about it, really it's just an impossible task, having a constructive conversation on the internet. Just like Sisyphus' task of having to keep rolling the stone up the hill.


Remember what the general said. We're the cavalry. It would be bad form to arrive early; in the nick of time would do nicely.

Hinata_Hyuga_Uzumaki #74 Posted 24 August 2019 - 02:44 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 48 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    10-11-2017

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 29 May 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

 

Other people have started similar threads, and those have not been pinned.  Why the favoritism?   I'm beginning to think that he's pinned his own thread.

 

Secret moderators are secret.

 

 

Peace-

Boris

 

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 29 May 2019 - 08:23 PM, said:

 

It got pinned because you get special treatment.  That is quite clear.   Maybe you deserve special treatment, that is not up to me to say.  I'd rather we all were treated the same but, c'est la vie.

 

 

Peace-

Boris 

 

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 29 May 2019 - 11:33 PM, said:

Well, I guess we need to have a respectful difference of opinion.   Mine is, and will most likely remain, that this thread was pinned because Ntwad is a Discord mod.   Others here have created similar threads which have not been pinned, maybe pinning this thread is a way to “pay” Ntwad for doing the thing on Discord.   

 

Who knows. 

 

 

 

Peace-

Boris 

 

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 06 July 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

 

Ntwad is special tho... Discord mod I think.   Blatant favoritism.

 

And that's just in this thread, I've seen you open OPs regarding this as well- give it a rest, Boris.

 

I'm not taking sides, but i must acknowledge up front that I think Boris55555 is a great guy from what I've seen. So i will give BorisBaddenov brownie points for sticking up for a friend. But that's as far as it goes, especially since BorisBaddenov knows all too well how to shut down emotional arguments when it suits him.

 

Two points: There is such a thing as first come, first serve. I believe Maverick posted shortly before Boris55555, and that counts for something. I mean, we can't spam- pin everything. On that note, i actually loathe most of the pinned threads because they are either pointless participation awards, or an attempt to appease certain forumers into being less of a thorn on a certain admin's side. Meanwhile, WipWapJaws's post was arbitrarily unpinned. So there's that. Personally, i think all pinned threads need to be of actual use, and not just wanton participation trophies, emergency tissue boxes, or even for social morale.

 

And second, while i'll reserve judgment on what i personally think of Mav, he has been equal parts taking over/ trying to help the masses with tons of resources, insight, and knowledge.This post started off with a well structured post intended to help the community. While i like Boris55555, the benefit to the community is night and day and that also counts for something. Additionally, the optics look bad for the two [Borises]? Boris55555's tags on his post seem to indicate a playful jab at Mav, but Baddenov's consistent protests make it seem like an axe to grind. 

 

Frankly, I'm okay with all of the useless OPs going down, or Mav's OP staying up alone if it's useful. Either way, there are bigger issues to be worked up about IMHO.

 

Peace-

Hinata


Edited by Hinata_Hyuga_Uzumaki, 24 August 2019 - 02:44 AM.


Rou_Garou #75 Posted 24 August 2019 - 01:21 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 27342 battles
  • 531
  • [509AB]
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
None of this discussion, pin this or unpin this, has anything to do with getting me or any tanker to improve their game. So let's just save the battle for the battle field and the forums for education and quality discussions.

Don't rush inBe patient and Don't brawl unnecessarilyKnow your tanks and enemy tanks;  Know your tanks' role;  

Knowing maps allows situation awareness; Mini-map is a mighty map;  Drive to cover;

Fight like you have no armor; Relocate and reset camo oftenBe the lover of cover;  

Hull down is OP; Stay on high ground; Don't go where you don't know

 


Si1verBlood #76 Posted 24 August 2019 - 01:49 PM

    The Armored Garbage Truck

  • Players
  • 15508 battles
  • 839
  • [SR-71]
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015

thus: useless pinned post is useless...yet again...nothing against maverick...if this thread was even remotely active and had useful discussions...i would not give a single frick about it being pinned favoritism/no favoritism.

C6 pinned it cuz he thought it would be usefull...it isnt....time to unpin or pin it somewhere else...

Pin Positive's cred.coefficient here and maverick's den in the new player channel if you want to keep it pinned..



NAforumaccount #77 Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:33 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5 battles
  • 107
  • Member since:
    07-26-2019

View PostHinata_Hyuga_Uzumaki, on 24 August 2019 - 02:44 AM, said:

 

 

 

 

And that's just in this thread, I've seen you open OPs regarding this as well- give it a rest, Boris.

 

I'm not taking sides, but i must acknowledge up front that I think Boris55555 is a great guy from what I've seen. So i will give BorisBaddenov brownie points for sticking up for a friend. But that's as far as it goes, especially since BorisBaddenov knows all too well how to shut down emotional arguments when it suits him.

 

Two points: There is such a thing as first come, first serve. I believe Maverick posted shortly before Boris55555, and that counts for something. I mean, we can't spam- pin everything. On that note, i actually loathe most of the pinned threads because they are either pointless participation awards, or an attempt to appease certain forumers into being less of a thorn on a certain admin's side. Meanwhile, WipWapJaws's post was arbitrarily unpinned. So there's that. Personally, i think all pinned threads need to be of actual use, and not just wanton participation trophies, emergency tissue boxes, or even for social morale.

 

And second, while i'll reserve judgment on what i personally think of Mav, he has been equal parts taking over/ trying to help the masses with tons of resources, insight, and knowledge.This post started off with a well structured post intended to help the community. While i like Boris55555, the benefit to the community is night and day and that also counts for something. Additionally, the optics look bad for the two [Borises]? Boris55555's tags on his post seem to indicate a playful jab at Mav, but Baddenov's consistent protests make it seem like an axe to grind. 

 

Frankly, I'm okay with all of the useless OPs going down, or Mav's OP staying up alone if it's useful. Either way, there are bigger issues to be worked up about IMHO.

 

Peace-

Hinata

The correct term is Borii btw.


PRAMO pls recruit me am 80 wr i did 1k in a tier 1 tank pls recruit pramo pls pls pls

 

 

 






Also tagged with this, place, is, dead

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users